(Topic ID: 55752)

Joined Pinside today

By Tokkentakker

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    WHBB.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hello all. Been a forum reader for some time. love the site. Will write an intro soon but here's the basics. My name is James. Age 44. Married 19 years and have 2 teen boys. Lucky enough to have picked up 2 pinballs cheap when I was a kid in high school. Played them and the ones at the local spots all the time. Sold them when I went to college. Bought new house last year that is now big enough to have a man cave so I am getting back into the hobby and trying to fill it with games. Bought 2 pins and some arcade machines so far. Never had to work on my old games so I am still learning the ropes. I work as a maintenance tech so can usually figure out the basic stuff. Always reading this forum to get tech advice. Has been very helpful. Chose Tokkentakker name as he is the evil character in my Carnevil shooter arcade game that I just fixed up. Have met some of you at the Winston Salem sales. My wife and I made it to a few this year. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

#2 10 years ago

welcome to pinside. glad you are here.

#3 10 years ago

Welcome James....great start to the newly found addiction. Enjoy the ride!

WHBB.jpgWHBB.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Very warm welcome James, enjoy the ride

#5 10 years ago

welcome to the form

#6 10 years ago

Sweeeeet! We're here to help! See my post about how the heck to squeeze in more pins. Your'e gonna need it!

#7 10 years ago

Welcome James, I just joined a few months ago and really like it here. Have fun with your game room. How big is it?

#8 10 years ago

Welcome to the family

#9 10 years ago

Good to have you aboard !

#10 10 years ago

Welcome! We've got a pretty good crowd here, and always happy to have more.

#11 10 years ago

Very informative and friendly group. You will enjoy it here.

#12 10 years ago

Welcome aboard! Always some interesting posts going on around here.

#13 10 years ago

Welcome!

#14 10 years ago

Thanks all. Upstairs room. Currently 22x27. Future plans to expand to 25x41. So far fit in some theater seating, 8ft pool table, cd jukebox, huge popcorn machine, and my games. Want to build a bar at one end so would have to expand to do that. My wife and I love the room so far. Going in there feels like a little getaway. Do it almost every evening.

#15 10 years ago

Welcome to pinside!

#17 10 years ago

Weclome to pinside.

#18 10 years ago

Welcome aboard!

#19 10 years ago

Welcome! Don't forget to include photos of the shooter lane if you're going to sell a game, and autographed translites increase your game's value by 124%.

#20 10 years ago

It's true!

#21 10 years ago

Welcome James, we have a good time here. Lots of good expert advice to be had from some very generous experts too!

#22 10 years ago

Yes welcome to the Pinside forum

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Welcome James, we have a good time here. Lots of good expert advice to be had from some very generous experts too!

Some of them even provide Shasta and a deli sandwich during a little break.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

Some of them even provide Shasta and a deli sandwich during a little break.

That was a classic!

James, Geocab is referring to a recent posting from a highly unusual individual who was unintentionally hilarious. We like to go crazy sometimes.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Thanks all. Upstairs room. Currently 22x27. Future plans to expand to 25x41. So far fit in some theater seating, 8ft pool table, cd jukebox, huge popcorn machine, and my games. Want to build a bar at one end so would have to expand to do that. My wife and I love the room so far. Going in there feels like a little getaway. Do it almost every evening.

DANG!!! That 25x41 sounds great. Gonna cost ya fortune to deck that room out. Must post pictures while your doing it.

#26 10 years ago

My advice...do not transport a pin in a pickup with the legs on. Welcome

#27 10 years ago

You should never even drive a pickup with the legs on.

#28 10 years ago

Run away before it is too late.

#29 10 years ago

Welcome fellow North Carolinaian! Hope to see you soon at a local bash or one of the auctions!

#30 10 years ago

Welcome from NC. Hope the crops are doing good in Farmville . You will find good help and some good people here. Enjoy

#31 10 years ago

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

Are you sure? Actually you are amongst good company. Pinball people are a special breed. We come from all walks of life. Some rich, some poor. But we all share a common bond- the silver ball. Welcome to the club.

#32 10 years ago

My wife and I love the room so far. Going in there feels like a little getaway. Do it almost every evening.

Hold up there Tokken, I see what you tried to slip in there at the end of your reply about your "gameroom". Well what is it, a gameroom, a loveshack, or a combo gameroom/loveshack?
    And how old are you, 44? Something not adding up right here. And don't tell us you do it on your pins. There is a different thread for that kind of talk.

Oh, glad to have you here on Pinside Forum. Have fun fixing up & decorating the gameshack.

#33 10 years ago

Hmmmm, a gameshack. OK, I see the logic there.

#34 10 years ago

Welcome aboard.

#35 10 years ago

Already too late. I'm addicted. So far all games have been broken down and stuffed into a minivan. Even my 39" monitor showcase style carnevil game. Wife took pics. Would never have believed it could be done. Already have plans to replace my little truck with a diesel dodge sprinter van to support the hobby. Building room for all kinds of fun. Friends all waiting for the bar.

#37 10 years ago

Welcome James. If you find a cure for the addition (other than divorce) please let us know!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Welcome James. If you find a cure for the addition (other than divorce) please let us know!

Do you mean addiction or the addition to hold all the pins.

#39 10 years ago

I don't want to know about a cure. I'm having too much fun!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joined-pinside-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.