• Latest reply 7 years ago by Phoenixbt
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

John from John's arcade did a video where he picks up and unboxes a brand new Ghostbusters pinball machine! As usual it's an incredible video, I highly recommend checking it out.

#2 7 years ago

Saw that this morning. I hope he eventually does a video on some fixes. Watching the video you can see Slimer isn't registering 100%. And the scolarai Bros targets aren't dropping 100%.

But those are super common issues with every GB. And a pretty easy fix.

John's vids are great!
I've watched every one. I just want to see Quantum finally in his basement.
And Bronco down there too.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Saw that this morning. I hope he eventually does a video on some fixes. Watching the video you can see Slimer isn't registering 100%. And the scolarai Bros targets aren't dropping 100%.
But those are super common issues with every GB. And a pretty easy fix.
John's vids are great!
I've watched every one. I just want to see Quantum finally in his basement.
And Bronco down there too.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the Bronco video. I learn a lot from watching John's videos, and would love to learn about EM repair.

#4 7 years ago

He did a video on Bronco.
I just hope he puts it in his basement.

#5 7 years ago

It is shame automated services lied to him and he did not get a later run game with the spelling error and the slimer mech fixed. He seams happy enough tho.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

would love to learn about EM repair.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

This is all you need.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

» YouTube video

Yeah, just never followed up with it and got it fully working.

Quoted from Pinballpal:

It is shame automated services lied to him and he did not get a later run game with the spelling error and the slimer mech fixed. He seams happy enough tho.

I agree, that's unfortunate. I really wanted to see what the improved Slimer mech is like. The one on route by me is an original run.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Yeah, just never followed up with it and got it fully working.

I agree, that's unfortunate. I really wanted to see what the improved Slimer mech is like. The one on route by me is an original run.

Don't get me started on that damn slimer it straight pisses me off

#9 7 years ago

What is the issue with the slimer mech?

#10 7 years ago

Just got my Ghostbusters Pro today from Marco.
It had 1.05 code right out of the box and the factory fix on Slimer.
Every hit on our slimer is registering.
It is the factory fix that is not so pretty to look at but it works great.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago

Cool video, I would have been pretty annoyed if I expected the updated game and got an older version, I guess that's why they had it in stock

#12 7 years ago

love john's videos. he is very energetic. his laugh is infectious. every time I hear it, I chuckle myself... cant wait for the GB:prem to begin rolling off the line...

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

love john's videos. he is very energetic. his laugh is infectious. every time I hear it, I chuckle myself... cant wait for the GB:prem to begin rolling off the line...

That's funny.
I was just telling my wife yesterday as I was watching the video, that John's laugh could rival any super villain out there.

#14 7 years ago

John's videos are very well done. I watched this one in its entirety and thoroughly enjoyed it. You can tell John really loves his GB machine. Looking forward to the Premiums!

1 week later
#15 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

» YouTube video

I really want to get the Bronco working 100% and bring it down into the basement. I think it would be something totally different for me. I love the challenge of fixing an EM like that. Fun!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got my Ghostbusters Pro today from Marco.
It had 1.05 code right out of the box and the factory fix on Slimer.
Every hit on our slimer is registering.

What is your date of manufacture? I think mine was made sometime in May. I need to double check. I was a little bummed I didn't get the updated slimer mechanism. I was fully expecting to. RATS! I'm still happy!

#17 7 years ago

blkdog7 - is there any way for you to get the Slimer 'fix' from Stern? How do they handle things like this?

Regarding the review - it's a worrisome that these machines have so many problems out of the box. As a novice I'm certainly intimidated by the prospect of having issues on a NIB pin. I've played 20 or so games of GB on location and had a blast (I've got a deposit down on a premium) but should I be worried about this type of thing or is it an anomaly?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

What is your date of manufacture? I think mine was made sometime in May. I need to double check. I was a little bummed I didn't get the updated slimer mechanism. I was fully expecting to. RATS! I'm still happy!

Hey John! You can look on the back of the backbox to see the exact date manufactured... And go from there.

#19 7 years ago

John great job on the videos. Keep them coming. More pinball! I would love to see a follow-up to GB and how you're doing.

1 week later
#20 7 years ago

John installs a shaker motor in his Ghostbusters -

2 weeks later
#21 7 years ago

Another Ghostbusters revisit from John as he installs and reviews the official Stern side blade art!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

blkdog7 - is there any way for you to get the Slimer 'fix' from Stern? How do they handle things like this?
Regarding the review - it's a worrisome that these machines have so many problems out of the box. As a novice I'm certainly intimidated by the prospect of having issues on a NIB pin. I've played 20 or so games of GB on location and had a blast (I've got a deposit down on a premium) but should I be worried about this type of thing or is it an anomaly?

I don't think my Slimer is registering properly either and have just lived with it for the moment. Can someone point us all in the direction of the fix?

John's videos are top class. Awesome!

Cheers!
Adam.

#23 7 years ago

Did anyone else see John filming at this years California Extreme or was I imagining things?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Playing my game, I have never once noticed the clip and wire on top of the slimer mechanism. I think slimer is a bit less bouncy than the original version, but as long as it works I'm ok with that.

Rob

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I don't think my Slimer is registering properly either and have just lived with it for the moment. Can someone point us all in the direction of the fix?
John's videos are top class. Awesome!
Cheers!
Adam.

Contact Stern and tell them that slimer is barely working and you cant beat the modes in the game because of it. Tell them that youve played the new mech slimer on location and yours doesnt work. Have your games serial number ready. Worked for me. The new slimer changes the feel of the game! New slimer needed adjusted when i recieved him but it was simple fix.

Also ask for the wire strengthening accessory fix. Its easy to installed and way getter then the PBL fix

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Did anyone else see John filming at this years California Extreme or was I imagining things?

He was and met him after he was done.
Said recently he's editing it and was a bit behind on vids.
Great guy and big fans. Was kind enough to let me snap a pic of him w/my son.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

He was and met him after he was done.
Said recently he's editing it and was a bit behind on vids.
Great guy and big fans. Was kind enough to let me snap a pic of him w/my son.

Awesome, I wasn't seeing things.

At first he walked by me and I was like who's this guy talking into a mic, then when he started going over the machine next to me (and I saw the cameraman) I was like hey I think thats John! And then he was gone. Lol... And my wife was like... Ok, who's John?

1 week later
#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

I talked to Stern today. I am supposed to be getting the official word on how to fix my version of the Slimer Toy. I will absolutely share a video of this once I know what to do.

#29 7 years ago

Oh, and BTW! Thanks for the kind words in this thread. You guys are awesome.

I did just install the topper. It's pretty ok.

#30 7 years ago

Well that's neat, and you got a bro price to boot. To me it looks like 50$ add on but when you want to be in the elite big boys club i guess you have to pay for RandD and everything all up front. Looks like much easier install than the graphic blades. Lmfao.
Congrats

#31 7 years ago

Nothing will fix the original to read as good as the new one trust me i tried. Just tell Stern to send you the new one. Thats what i did and its a quick easy swap. Your wasting your time on the old slimer.

#32 7 years ago

Great install video John! I don't have a game to check, but is there any way to adjust the frequency of the topper going off in the game settings? Seems really cool, but like it didn't activate all that much during gameplay

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johns-arcade-ghostbusters-unboxing-review and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.