Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I searched and found limited info on correcting the spinner on JM. Currently my spinner is resting horizontal and not vertical. Is this just tweaking the wire arms? Or is there a common method used to correct this I am missing out on? Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Seems like it's just hanging up on something. Does it have the little nylon rings on the arm? Are they in the correct position?

#3 9 years ago

It spun freely when flicked its just coming to a rest horizontally instead of vertically. I thought there was possibly weights in there that could be adjusted. I had heard about this happening and that its common just didn't know the solution. I found a thread on RGP that mentioned it but didn't state what the solution was. I ordered a new one but was hoping to fix the one on the machine now as its not that old.

#4 9 years ago

I have the same issue at the moment with a JM I am putting back together. I need to go over it a bit more and need to pull the ramps off to do it but I think it may have something to do with the switch holding it in place because the switch requires too much pressure to close. I will go through it again in another day or two I hope and if I figure it out I will post here.

#5 9 years ago

The Johnny spinner sucks...it's just not weighted properly to consistently sit correctly. Mine sits good about 90% of the time, but I replaced it with a brand new one. Crappy design.

#6 9 years ago

Mine has a coin taped to the back of the spinner. It came that way when I bought it and it works perfectly fine. Not a perfect solution but nevertheless it works. Something temporary for you possibly.

#7 9 years ago

OK I finished up removing decals, and putting them on the new ramps so I was able to get at the spinner today. I adjusted the switch so it requires less pressure to close it now and it is MUCH better. I think it spun more in 3 games then it had in the previous 50. I thought I might need to try and add weight to the spinner somehow but this did the trick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-spinner-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.