• Judge Dredd 58 votes
    45%
  • Neither, you would be better off with...? 6 votes
    5%

(129 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P2281488.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

I've owned both and sold JD, Still own JM and prefer JM by a sizeable margin. JD has the better theme and artwork but JM has far more enjoyable rules and better gameplay.

JD is still a good game and I kinda miss it but the rule-set just never clicked with me. I'm not a fan of Supergame at all so I rarely played it and the Wizard mode is really disappointing. I also think that the "Crime Scene" aspect of the rule-set could have been implemented better into the rules. I mostly ignore them and just just take the awards that are given (extra ball, etc.) The modes aren't bad but I could do without a few of them (Manhunt, Bad Impersonator). I usually find myself just trying to start multiball and cheat to the wizard mode that way vs. slogging through all of the modes. The game does flow really well for a widebody but does not feel as tight or fast as JM. The left ramp is far too easy to repeat. Still a great bang for the buck machine but not among my favorites

JM on the other hand just "clicks" with me. I love the wizard mode and the rule-set. Besides the spinner millions exploit I think they are pretty much perfect. There's only a handful of modes yet the wizard mode is still pretty difficult to get to if your game is setup hard and fast. I also like that you need to do well and collect "Gigabytes" to reach Powerdown. I actually like the grid and the strategy behind some of the choices. The video mode is also a favorite of mine as it is difficult to master yet offers some great payouts. I also like that your grid choices affect which shots are jackpots in Multiball. Yakuza is also very rewarding as are most of the throwing stars awards. My favorite thing is just how well the game flows and how fast it is! When you get on a roll the game just sings and those orbit shots are fast! gameplay/layout wise it is one of my favorite games of all time. If it were themed as "The Matrix" I think it would be a top 5 game for me. Not only is it my favorite game that typically sells for $2000 or less but I think it may be my favorite $3500 and less game. I'd put it in the same tier for me as games like Shadow, BSD and Congo and I think I may like it the best of that group which is saying a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-or-judge?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.