• Judge Dredd 58 votes
    45%
  • Neither, you would be better off with...? 6 votes
    5%

(129 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P2281488.JPG
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

I vote Demo Man! Ever played it?

#52 9 years ago

I think you'll be happy with either one. I picked JD because I like the theme, sound and art package a lot better.

I second those who are suggesting Demo Man. Something amazingly satisfying about those combos and that third flipper ramp shot.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

I vote Demo Man! Ever played it?

Have not. Have had my chances though. Not a fan of the theme but next time I get to the arcade I might just give it a go.

#54 9 years ago

As the others have said. JD wins on theme and artwork but the speed, rules, and gameplay on JM are top notch and make JM the the winner for me. It is so satisfying when you get to the power down!

#55 9 years ago

I had both.. both are gone. But JM is probably the way to go if you choose one.

#56 9 years ago

Both great games for the money. All depends on what style of play you prefer. I like my games fast with great flow. Makes this an easy choice for me, JM all day long. If it was "The Matrix" with exact same gameplay would be top 25 game.

#57 9 years ago

I really enjoyed JM when I had it. Definitely one of the fastest pins ever made when you are nailing those shots!

The irony with JM is that as lightning fast as this pin is, that damn glove would really screw things up and bring everything to a screeching stop. A long stop. After awhile, the slowness of that glove really pissed me off.

Saying that you like the glove as it "gives you a chance to breathe" seems like trying to make excuses to me. There are other ways to get a chance to breathe, like cradling the ball, or even when the ball goes into the Crazy Bob's saucer.

The glove sucks.

Haven't owned JD yet, but I've always enjoyed playing it. It's been on my wish list for more than 3 years, still looking for a nice one locally.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I really enjoyed JM when I had it. Definitely one of the fastest pins ever made when you are nailing those shots!
The irony with JM is that as lightning fast as this pin is, that damn glove would really screw things up and bring everything to a screeching stop. A long stop. After awhile, the slowness of that glove really pissed me off.
Saying that you like the glove as it "gives you a chance to breathe" seems like trying to make excuses to me. There are other ways to get a chance to breathe, like cradling the ball, or even when the ball goes into the Crazy Bob's saucer.
The glove sucks.

I politely disagree.

The glove is a HUGE part of the game. Depending on what awards the cyber matrix gives you, how well you remember them, and when you choose to collect them, you can get massive points going - especially with hold bonus, award bonus, or mystery award. Tic-tac-toe giving you 3x jackpot values and selecting the right spots on the cyber matrix will help you blow up a multiball. Today, I had 3x jackpots with yakuza going and hold bonus with an extra ball awarded. At the end of ball 1 + EB, I was at 4.7 billion without getting spinner millions.

Ok, so you could reasonably argue that everything I just said pertains to the cyber matrix and not the glove. Well.....can't have one without the other . Without the glove (read: if the glove is broken) the cybermatrix selectability is nuked, and that totally throws the game on its side.

Best way to say it, when is a JM more fun - when the glove is working or broken? Guarantee nearly everyone will say "working". It is a necessary part of the game; it is a huge piece of JM being unique and fun, and it is integral to blowing up your score (without spinner millions).

#59 9 years ago

I agree ^^^^^

Just had my best game ever today. I am the master of powerdown!!!

#60 9 years ago

Owned both......miss both. JM wins by a small margin. I'm more of a "speed & flow" guy and JM has it in spades. JD has MUCH better art and sound....and is pretty fast for a wide body.

#61 9 years ago

If someone does a p-roc rework of the JD rules it could be an amazing game.. the rule set just sucks.

#62 9 years ago

This poll is reminding me of the Creech vs Congo thread a few weeks ago. I'm glad to see both JM and JD getting loved equally

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I politely disagree.
The glove is a HUGE part of the game. Depending on what awards the cyber matrix gives you, how well you remember them, and when you choose to collect them, you can get massive points going - especially with hold bonus, award bonus, or mystery award. Tic-tac-toe giving you 3x jackpot values and selecting the right spots on the cyber matrix will help you blow up a multiball.

Yes, it's a huge part of the game. That's my entire point. It brings the game to a screeching halt.

After owning the pin for awhile, that glove really drove me insane.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, it's a huge part of the game. That's my entire point. It brings the game to a screeching halt.

Insane? Lol a bit dramatic don't you think? How about IM's Monger stoppage, does that bother you?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I can't help but ask: Doesn't the "hand" on TAF also bring the game to a screeching halt ? Last I recall, that's a good 4-5 seconds, and especially if he puts the ball BACK on the pf, man, might as well take a nap.

#66 9 years ago

I had the option today and went with Dredd

I also picked up 2 others at the same time...

Yes, I am humble bragging a little

P2281488.JPGP2281488.JPG

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I can't help but ask: Doesn't the "hand" on TAF also bring the game to a screeching halt ? Last I recall, that's a good 4-5 seconds, and especially if he puts the ball BACK on the pf, man, might as well take a nap.

Yes it does, and I hate it. Way too slow and quite annoying. It's "cool" the first few times you see it, then it gets old and annoying. Just like the glove on JM.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I had the option today and went with Dredd
I also picked up 2 others at the same time...
Yes, I am humble bragging a little
P2281488.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nice Hilton! That looks like a perfect pin hauler that you have there.

What were the other two that you picked up?

#69 9 years ago

JD, DM, and WCS

#70 9 years ago

Two wide bodies! I loved DM when I had it. Such great flow.

#71 9 years ago

I barely known DM so I am very excited to clean it up and play it. It has been a LONG time since I played a nice JD, so also excited for that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-or-judge/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.