Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by mwong168
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a Johnny Nnemonic pinball machine and an error code of F5 (ball in hand) comes up. My machine won't even shoot the ball. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks and I hope someone will answer.

#2 12 years ago

That's interesting that the ball will not shoot, perhaps there is another issue going on. But typically one of the wires connected to the switch under the glove is most likely becoming detached. Try disabling the hand in the options to see if it will let you shoot a ball? Otherwise take the top of the hand off and fix the wiring / switch.

#3 12 years ago

probably your 50v fuse to the coils is blown.

#4 12 years ago

Check the coil in the popper that shoots the ball into the hand.

#5 12 years ago

If I remember right, the ball in hand switch can be activated by offering a ball up to the hand and pushing it up, so that it goes into a hole where the switch and magnet are, maybe adjust this switch. Also the wires in this area can often break because of all the movement from the hand.

Was the coin door open while you were trying to launch a ball?

#6 12 years ago

By the way that error came up often for me, every few months and all I did was push a ball into the hand and the error would go and machine would play fine.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from bugray:

By the way that error came up often for me, every few months and all I did was push a ball into the hand and the error would go and machine would play fine.

I had this F5 hand switch error a few weeks ago and turns out one of the wires broke after all the compressing and expanding from years of hand movement. Even though I had this error and credit dot the game and hand still works properly. It could also be because I have the latest software which automatically cuts back the power to the magnet where as the older software this hand switch function more like and EOS. If you disable the hand in the software you should be able to play the game or else maybe your interlock door switch is bad and game thinks the door is open even though it is closed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-nnemonic-pinball-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.