Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Ok. So I finally "fixed" the johnny glove issue I was having. I replaced the x nut, and glove switch. The glove worked very well for a couple weeks. I then started to notice the glove vibrating a bit as it was traveling back and forth.

Shortly after those symptoms started the glove will no longer move. The x screw rotates and the glove mech does not move. I am assuming the x nut has stripped out again.

My question is what would have caused the nut to strip out so quickly? What can I do to remedy the situation next time?

Should I lubricate the screw? Yes. I realize what I said

Anyone else ever run into this problem?

#2 8 years ago

My issue was it was a loud ass screeching. Turns out the nuts were fine but the gear boxes that drive those throw off all the old lube and then either burn the gears out or slowly fail.

If you are going to have to take out that rear assembly again, you'll want to get some spider, white, lithium grease and then crack open the gear boxes, clean them up and put the new grease in. Check your nuts, grease those shafts as well. Doesn't hurt to buy another X nut to have on hand just incase it burned up but that is odd. I'd check to see if it is riding properly as well... I have a full post with pics I think...I'll try and find it.

EDIT: thought I took more pics or did a write up, but just posted that I did it and before/after pic. It is in the Johnny M club thread.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will certainly do the things you suggested. I bought an extra x nut when I bought the last one.
I was wondering if I should buy a new x screw as well?

I actually thought I was purchasing one when I made my Johnny parts order. But I mindlessly ordered an X rod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.00
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-x-nut-and-x-screw-problemquestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.