(Topic ID: 152482)

Johnny Mnemonic wont lock cyberlocks, possible rom issue?

By Boomer71

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Boomer71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boomer71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

My JM will lock the cyberlocks and load balls into the matrix the way its supposed to on the first time through. The problem I am having is when the multiball is finished, when I shoot Crazy Bobs again, the diverter wont kick in and the cyberlock lights wont turn on. The DMD goes through the sequence and shows the reward for the ball drop but the diverter and lights dont work. The problem is the same for multiplayers also. If I start a new game, it works the same, ok for first load of matrix, wont load after that. Just started to do this. Possible ROM issue? Any help and suggestions are appreciated, Thanks.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies, No credit dot. No errors pop up in test report. The glove works fine. More info from testing. All switches seem to be registering properly. I replaced the switch and diode under the drop target in the center lane but no change. If I manually place a ball in the matrix before I shoot Crazy Bobs, It flips up the rack to kick it out the way it should. (all 9). If i manually place a ball after there is one already locked in the matrix, without shooting Crazy bobs again, the glove comes and picks it up the way it should. Not set to tournament, I think this affects multiball, but only for multiplayer. If this is a switch, I dont know which one. Possible board connection? Seems odd it works fine on the first cycle of multiball than wont turn on after that. Just got home from work. Time to dig in again. Thanks for all input.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Bubbatom:

Fairly sure that after the first multiball in order to lock balls crazy bobs must be shot followed by the mode start (center) and then the center will be lit for the lock. The two orbit lock shots are only available for the first multiball I gather.

OK Just watched a few You Tube videos, and this appears to be the way the game operates. I guess I never noticed the locks didn't lock every time Crazy Bobs was hit. Thanks to all for the info. Learn something new every day. Feel like an idiot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boomer71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-wont-lock-cyberlocks-possible-rom-issue?tu=boomer71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.