jm8.jpg
jm7.jpg
jm6.jpg
jm5-806.jpg
jm4-370.jpg
jm3-104.jpg
jm2-278.jpg
jm-372.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SoCalPinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Gorgeous restored JM Proto whitewood. I purchased this about a month ago from someone who purchased it from Greg Davis. It has the white wood playfield with red prototype boards. Totally restored cabinet with custom decals. All chrome trim done by Mike Chestnut. Custom topper.
Since I have owned it I have added all LED lamps including the back box and a Pinball Pro 3 piece speaker system and installed new rubber and super bands flipper rubber. I paid 4k for it and put a few hundred more into it so I am hoping to get what I paid for it or trade for another pinball machine. It just doesn't do much for me in my current 1 game collection. Would be interested in a really nice Bram Stokers Dracula or let me know what you have.
I can ship with NAVL or strap it to a pallet with cardboard box.

jm-372.jpgjm-372.jpg
jm2-278.jpgjm2-278.jpg
jm3-104.jpgjm3-104.jpg
jm4-370.jpgjm4-370.jpg
jm5-806.jpgjm5-806.jpg
jm6.jpgjm6.jpg
jm7.jpgjm7.jpg
jm8.jpgjm8.jpg
jm9.jpgjm9.jpg
jm10.jpgjm10.jpg
jm12.jpgjm12.jpg
jm13.jpgjm13.jpg
jm14.jpgjm14.jpg
jm15.jpgjm15.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Forgot to mention the translite is signed by John Youssi.

#6 10 years ago

I believe so. The artwork is printed on a mylar over the white wood.

#8 10 years ago

It is on Ebay with a few additional photos. Ebay ID SoCalPinballs

#10 10 years ago

It plays as nice as it looks. Glove works perfectly. Definitely a unique game.

#12 10 years ago

I didn't purchase it from Greg. I was told Greg was asking 5k for it. I purchased it from someone who bought it from Greg. I do not know what the person I purchased it from paid for the machine. That is between him and Greg. I only know what I paid.

#16 10 years ago

If that's what it sold for that is a great deal. I imagine Greg invested far more than 3k into the machine. Again I didn't purchase it from Greg. Greg is in Arizona from what I understand and I purchased it in Los Angeles.

#17 10 years ago

I have had 2 trade offers but both involve shipping our pins to each other which makes it a little more difficult. I prefer to trade locally please.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks for a little background on it Joe. I don't know anyone named Alex. I purchased it from someone named Don in Beverly Hills along with another pin. I didn't go to his house to buy the JM but when I saw it I was blown away by it and wanted it for myself. Don seems like a really nice guy to me with a beautiful collection. I honestly don't know what he paid for it as that is between the buyer and seller.
I think the game is gorgeous and planned to keep it but I just can't really get into it. I usually only have 1 - 4 games of my own and right now the JM is my only pin so I got burned out on it fairly quick. Really hoping to get another BSD. If you are interested in it Joe please shoot me an offer. I agree it is not a game for everyone. Thanks again for the info.

#22 10 years ago

I can ship it no problem. Make me an offer if you want to.

#25 10 years ago

It seems to be laid down over the bare playfield and then all the assemblies installed after. It doesn't seem to be glued down in any way but it doesn't move at all when playing. Not sure about clear coating it.

#27 10 years ago

I have no idea how much playing time this machine has seen but the playfield seems to hold up extremely well.

#30 10 years ago

I have had a couple people ask about whether the mylar will wear over time. The machine is 20 years old and I don't see any signs of it wearing. It should stay that way for a very long time.

#33 10 years ago

Also interested in Sopranos or Ripley's Believe it or Not.

1 week later
#37 10 years ago

Will sell for $4,400.00 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

#41 10 years ago

It has the same code as the production games. If you're interested just let me know.

1 week later
1 week later
#45 9 years ago

Tough game to sell apparently. I can offer 4k shipped on a pallet.

#48 9 years ago

Thanks BC but I don't feel I got burned. I have really enjoyed owning the game and I feel it is worth much more than I paid but I realize it is a game that is not for everyone. Really looking to get a BSD to replace it. I don't have the funds at this time to have more than 1 pin of my own otherwise I would like to keep it.

#49 9 years ago

Thanks Melinda. I appreciate that. If you come up with the funds I might still have it.

#50 9 years ago

I can also reduce the price by $500.00 if I remove the chrome trim and put on standard trim and coin door. The chrome mirror blades would stay on. That would be 3500.00 shipped on a pallet for a gorgeous one of a kind pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SoCalPinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-prototype-white-wood-game-restored-for-sale-or-trade?tu=SoCalPinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.