Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by alexanr1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi got a nice JM that works great even the hand lol. But..... when you get to the power down wizard mode it will blow the 3amp fuse #104 that works the ball launch and a couple other coils. other wise game has worked for years with out issue? has anyone run into this? Maybe a service bulletin I missed to change out to 4 amp? any help appreciated. PS I'm running rottendog MPU

#2 3 years ago

Go into the tests and test every solenoid and flasher in the game. Concentrate on any that you know activate during power down.

Run all the lamp tests, see if you can recreate the problem. If you can, inspect that lamp or string of lamps for a short.

#3 3 years ago

thank you i have done that and everything tests out?

#4 3 years ago

Sounds like it’s when a couple specific coils energize. My guess is one of the coils is drawing more amps than it should and by itself it’s fine, but in conjunction with a couple others, it pushes the amps above the fuse rating. I have only played the game once so I don’t know the “game mode” you are describing. You may want to look at the resistance of the coils that are tied to that fuse and see if any have very low resistance allowing for a high amp pull.

Just a thought, may be completely way off.

Also, does the game call for a slow blow and you are putting in a fast blow fuse?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-power-down-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.