(Topic ID: 112627)

Johnny Mnemonic pinballs badly magnetized—any solutions?

By jay

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marco.png
balltrough.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

The balls in my Johnny are magnetized/sticking together and it's causing weird problems.

For example, first ball (of 4) pops out from the trough. Lock ball, and no ball launches, look inside trough and see that the balls are still in the original positions with only the first one missing. Jiggle the game and sometimes they move down. There's no burrs on wear on the trough itself. I checked it for wear and cleaned it while I was at it and it didn't help at all.

The hand will also often pick up two balls from the matrix in multiplayer games when there isn't a ball in the trough to use.

Two balls on the flipper will stick together making cradle separations impossible. They both will flip together.

I put brand new balls in the game when I got it... the SuperJets from Marco. Is there another type of ball that will not get this magnetized maybe, or is it just the nature of the game with the grabby hand?

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply! I never recall seeing that warning on Marco but I bought the balls earlier this year, long before I got the JM so if I did see it, I didn't likely care. I'll have to try the Pinball Life balls again. The couple times I bought them, I had one or two show up with some spots of corrosion. They gladly replaced them but I didn't want to deal with the hassle and the Marco balls have all been fine until this joyous learning experience.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 37.50
$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-pinballs-badly-magnetized%e2%80%94any-solutions?tu=jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.