You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180906_191614 (resized).jpg
20180903_165941 (resized).jpg
20180903_165934 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

please help my Johnny mnemonic pinball machine keeps blowing the main fuse right above the main switch.what would cause this? it played just fine until today. I noticed the fuse in it was a bussman 5amp gma and it's really small compared to my other machines but the holder is that size and i went and bought more fuses and t blew them all

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

please help my Johnny mnemonic pinball machine keeps blowing the main fuse right above the main switch.what would cause this? it played just fine until today. I noticed the fuse in it was a bussman 5amp gma and it's really small compared to my other machines but the holder is that size and i went and bought more fuses and t blew them all

It would help with photos. This description is ambiguous, and being an owner of a JM, I can not picture the location you are discussing.

#3 5 years ago

I found my problem my fliptronics board got a power surge during a storm and it is fryed.gonna order a rottendog replacement. Will this fix the issue?

20180903_165934 (resized).jpg20180903_165934 (resized).jpg20180903_165941 (resized).jpg20180903_165941 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

the fuse is the screw in fuse located inside the cabinet like all machines

#5 5 years ago

Which fuse is blowing...F### ?

Reference the manual here:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mnemonic&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Page 1-44...which fuse is blowing?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Which fuse is blowing...F### ?
Reference the manual here:
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mnemonic&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick
Page 1-44...which fuse is blowing?

He mentioned it: The main fuse inside the power box on the right side of the cab.

Op: the lightning strike probably took out your varistor as well, open the power box and check. If it hasn't, unplug power to all boards, replace main fuse. Turn on game, and plug in one board at a time until the mainline fuse blows. This will tell you what board(s) have the issue.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

He mentioned it: The main fuse inside the power box on the right side of the cab.
Op: the lightning strike probably took out your varistor as well, open the power box and check. If it hasn't, unplug power to all boards, replace main fuse. Turn on game, and plug in one board at a time until the mainline fuse blows. This will tell you what board(s) have the issue.

Tracking. You were able to discern what he meant. I assume nothing until I know for sure. I do not like helping people if I feel unsure about what is in question. Don't want to help someone only to inadvertently damage something else.

OP, good advice by the post above. Let us know what you find.

The fuse next to the power switch is rated a slo-blo 8A per page 1-44 of the JM manual. 5A is not enough.

#8 5 years ago

ok will do and it's strange my main fuse holder is smallerer to fit the 5a and there is a sticker that says 5a 250v

#9 5 years ago

ok will do and it's strange my main fuse holder is smallerer to fit the 5a and there is a sticker that says 5a 250v

Is your game a re-import? Does it have any stickers indicating it was designed for 230V?

#10 5 years ago

no it's not a report and where is the varistor located and I just hope i can fix it with a 65 dollar rottendog board bc this game is prestine

#11 5 years ago

no it's not a report and where is the varistor located and I just hope i can fix it with a 65 dollar rottendog board bc this game is prestine

It's in the metal box that house the main 8A fuse as well as the power switch for the game

#12 5 years ago

Here you go: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_blows_power_line_circuit_breaker_immediately

#13 5 years ago

I just took power assembly apart and I can't tell if varistor is bad

20180906_191614 (resized).jpg20180906_191614 (resized).jpg
#14 5 years ago

your last picture looks like some of the insulation has burnt off, or has a hole in it.
Black wire left side

2 weeks later
#15 5 years ago

Following

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-keeps-blowing-main-fuse-above-switch- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.