• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNR_noflix.jpg
michael_jackson1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Anyone do any good mods to their JM? I am NOT talking toppers.

#2 11 years ago

No mods, but mirrorblades look great on this game.

Jim

#3 11 years ago

I'm thinking about painting the gloves..

#4 11 years ago

I think mirror blades are coming in it..... But hmmm. I'll have a better look when it arrives. I have a lot of cool ideas for my JPLW, but just need to get it home so I can crack it open.

Is the glove the main issue when having it on location? Was pondering disabling it while it is at work.

1 week later
#5 11 years ago

have a couple ideas on this one. Have a figure of a dolphin hang by fishing line in the dolphin area on the left, an then accent with super bright teal LEDs. the dolphin would sway in there when playing the game. Another idea is to paint the mechanism that moves the glove black, as the solver stands out a lot. Change all the lights out for LEDs. Some purple and teal and blue and white look great in this game. I would suggest to add some spot lights on the slings pointing at the dark section of playfield. using some superbright white LEDs. I was thinking some teal EL wire would look real nice lining a couple of the barer ramps. I suggest taking all the bulbs out of the backbox and using superwhite LED strips to create a foam board for backbox lighting. Looks awesome on my brothers machine.

#6 11 years ago

I'm thinking about painting the gloves..

Like this?:

michael_jackson1.jpgmichael_jackson1.jpg

#7 11 years ago

I did the LED light strip at the back of the PF (up high). I went blue. Lights up the area great. Nice illumination. Did the same one on my Judge (that one needed the light more). Anyway, it worked out well and was I think $20 usd. Not a bad price. It is kinda funny...when you hit the Power On switch...the led strip instantly lights up. But the machine, with it's general Illumination, takes a second or two to come to life. No big deal except when you power up you notice that little thing.

Oh yeah... YES BEYONCE ABSOLUTELY ROCKED SUPERBOWL! Great show! I needed to say that

6 months later
#8 10 years ago

you guys have pics of the light changes?

I have spot lights on the slings pointing up on the PF...a must!

#9 10 years ago

Someone on here made a really cool "Jones" mod for the dolphin talk. I've thought about polishing all the lane guides to a mirror finish, sorta like how the inlane guides are.

#10 10 years ago

I'd be interested in seeing what mods people have done for it also. I do currently own one.

#12 10 years ago

huzzah: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-dolphin-mod

The area above the light mnemonic recovery targets is begging for something. I looked into action figures, but they really didn't make any for JM, except for a couple rinky dink Burger King ones (go figure).

#13 10 years ago

These are wild!! Simple plug n play. Even I could install these.

#14 10 years ago

Can you post a vid of these in action?

#15 10 years ago

oh I just finally clicked and enlarged it...SWEET. I didn't realize they tapped off the led bulb.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can you post a vid of these in action?

I second that

#17 10 years ago

Maybe we could get a group buy, save on that BIG overseas shipping rate at least. I know I'll take 3 green and 3 red and more when I get my RCT, SW and LAH. Don't know how many pops and what bulbs those last 3 use. Damn I love those pop lights. What would be REALLY cool is if they chased.

#18 10 years ago

I'll have to crack open my checkpoint and see the pops in that but my lwjp and Jm could use them, three each

#19 10 years ago

14.99 euros each. My HS pop skirts are in bad shape and one of the bodies is broken so I was thinking of replacing all the bodies and skirts and caps with the clear red ones from pinballcenter and add the red light rings. Would they look cosmic or what.

#20 10 years ago

there dope and there is a little pot that you can adjust the brightness. (they are really fn bright out the bag)
I have these in my TZ,BSD, one for the green ship in my STTNG, GNR, and yea JM uuuu i think that s it.... when you do get them youll need to use a bit of clear tape and tape them up in the pop bumper or they will bounce out. pretty simple..

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

there dope and there is a little pot that you can adjust the brightness. (they are really fn bright out the bag)
I have these in my TZ,BSD, one for the green ship in my STTNG, GNR, and yea JM uuuu i think that s it.... when you do get them youll need to use a bit of clear tape and tape them up in the pop bumper or they will bounce out. pretty simple..

Can you post a picture of it installed? Im worried one would be blinding on my STTNG ship.
Thanks

#24 10 years ago

Here you go:

GNR_noflix.jpgGNR_noflix.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Nice...thanks!

#26 10 years ago

Hay that's my guns!!! Lol

#27 10 years ago

Ya u def have to turn down the pot on these or there super bright !

#28 10 years ago

Now THAT is bright. Do they put out any heat? I wonder how much power they take. Thanks for posting.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Ya u def have to turn down the pot on these or there super bright !

LOL. It's a really nice GnR you have there man!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now THAT is bright. Do they put out any heat? I wonder how much power they take. Thanks for posting.

led's are fairly good at not putting out too much heat. I bet they do have a little, but not enough to melt the plastic or head it up too much. I bet the standard bulb they games pops came with has more heat then all the led's in the ring and center have together. Although, that is assuming they did the proper cooling during their design process and the led's.

4 years later
#31 6 years ago

Has anyone ever produced a jackpot matrix sign that lights up according to the balls locked in the matrix?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.