You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BDC04BB1-450E-4288-8B98-D0AE3195CE7B (resized).png
73C284A2-798D-4389-9983-E4676CF488F0 (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hi all,

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. This is my first pinball and I've had it about a year. I'm getting another one, but man, I love this game. It's been playing great, but it just started having an issue where the extra ball will light up, and when I hit it, the game won't give me the extra ball. I am thinking that the sensor for the left loop is no longer registering. I took the glass off and looked for the little switch to adjust it, but it doesn't have a normal one like on the right loop and spinner lanes. It has the hanging switch thing that matches the ramps. Could anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot a little bit?

I'm away from the game right now, but I'm assuming my next step is to check for loose wires and that switch under the playfield.

Thanks in advance!

#2 1 year ago

Go in the diagnostics tools and see if the switch registers when you press on it. You should hear a beep and the square in the matrix should turn on. If it doesn't register you'll most likely need a new switch. The other problem could be the little diode on the switch that might be toast. That's where I would first look.

#3 1 year ago

Switch 56. You need to go in to the service menu and go to the switch edge test. Activate the left loop switch. Does switch 56 register?

If it does not

1) examine the wires connected to the switch and make sure that a wire did not come loose.

2) check all of the other switches in the same column and row as switch 56. Do any other switches not work

73C284A2-798D-4389-9983-E4676CF488F0 (resized).png73C284A2-798D-4389-9983-E4676CF488F0 (resized).pngBDC04BB1-450E-4288-8B98-D0AE3195CE7B (resized).pngBDC04BB1-450E-4288-8B98-D0AE3195CE7B (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

Thank you both for the quick replies! I went in and checked the wiring underneath before I saw your replies (and there was nothing loose). I then did the switch test, and after touching it a few times in my earlier troubleshooting, it appeared to be registering. It wouldn't register my my moving the switch with my hand, but it did when I passed a ball through. I'm assuming something was a little loose or something and my going over it knocked it back in place? Anyway, I did a test game and it worked great. It worked so well I ended up going all the way through Power Down!

I do have a question though, as I know this is going to happen in the future - for that switch matrix you provided from the manual, that is showing what's on the CPU board behind the back glass, right? so like the wiring needs to be checked, then the switches? If a switch goes bad, are we talking about replacing something on the playfield or something up top on the board? I am going to order some replacement parts off Marco just to have them on hand, but I'm trying to decide what I need and learn what that procedure would look like. I also ordered an original owner's guide for Johnny off ebay, so hopefully that will help get me going as well.

Thanks again!

#5 1 year ago

I’d order stuff when something goes bad. Going the other way around ane you’ll be stuck with a whole bunch of stuff you won’t need. But if you must, balls, fuses, switches ands flipper rebuild kit...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-left-loop-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.