Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210103_121455 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Looking for some advice.

This is what is happening with my Johnny Mnemonic. When I turn the machine on, the LED screen is scrambled, I can start a game but there is no music or sound and the flippers don't work nor do any of the inside coin door buttons.

I have checked all the fuses and reseated all the connectors.

What's the next step in trouble shooting? Thanks for any advice or help.

#3 3 years ago

Brand new game to you? Any recent work done? Alkaline damage evident?

Tried anything at the Pinwiki? Like isolating the issue to either board or pf/cabinet wiring?

Test mode, any anomalies?

#4 3 years ago

Ribbon cables, reseat them all.

Edit: I see you did this.

#5 3 years ago

There is no acid in an alkaline battery. Acid remediation techniques will make the problem worse.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Brand new game to you? Any recent work done? Alkaline damage evident?
Tried anything at the Pinwiki? Like isolating the issue to either board or pf/cabinet wiring?
Test mode, any anomalies?

I have had it for a while. Just played it a few days ago and everything was perfect.

There is no damage on the boards. This is a strange one. The no sound and no flipper coil power is weird. The game will start and will shoot onto the playfield. The pop bumpers will work. All lights are good.

#7 3 years ago

Try reseating each connection a couple of times.20210103_121455 (resized).jpg20210103_121455 (resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago

If that does not help, turn power off. Then press on all the socketed parts on the CPU board.

#9 3 years ago

Make 100% sure that all your ribbon cables are on both rows. I had that happened one time with a Batman where I thought it was on, but it was only on one row

#10 3 years ago

I reseated all the cables again, still jumbled screen, no sound or flipper power during a game.

After about a minute with the machine on, both flipper coils engaged and my F112 (Solenoid secondary) fuse blew. Of course, like an idiot I replaced the fuse to see if it would do it again and it did.

Does anyone have any suggestions with this new development? I feel myself starting to go down a rabbit hole now. lol

#11 3 years ago

How long have you had it? If for awhile have you done anything to it recently, mods, etc?

#12 3 years ago

I have had it less than a year. Other than rebuilding the hand. No issues and nothing recent at all.

Really got me stumped.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I have had it less than a year. Other than rebuilding the hand. No issues and nothing recent at all.
Really got me stumped.

I should have read post 3 first. Curious What kind of display do you have original Plasma, ColorDMD? You said LED in post 1?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

After about a minute with the machine on, both flipper coils engaged and my F112 (Solenoid secondary) fuse blew. Of course, like an idiot I replaced the fuse to see if it would do it again and it did.

Make sure the ribbon cable is not one row off on the one connection to the fliptronix board (top left)

#15 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for your advice!

It turns out the cable was bad. I ended up swapping it with another and it works fine. I played a few games on it and all is good now.

Have a great weekend!

#16 3 years ago

Playball !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.