20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 10 years ago

Just got a JM-- Love it! One design flaw though in my opinion is when the ball comes down from the pops, it rolls down the right side of the left ramp and directly onto the right sling. What's the deal with that? Also, I have a question about strategy. When you're going into the matrix and there is one of the nine spaces on the matrix blinking, is that the one that you clearly go for? It seems like you get an award of some kind regardless of where you put the ball on that thing.

Thanks!

#203 10 years ago

Does anybody have a line on JM sling plastics or the plastic that hovers over the curve of the left ramp?

Please PM if you do.-- Thanks!

1 week later
#233 10 years ago

Haven't gotten to Power Down yet. Have any of you ever taken the cheap way out and started a mode, held onto the ball, started another mode, so on and so forth until you get to Power Down. I don't want to do that, but I've had it for a couple of weeks now and want to see it! The strategy may be cheap, but it's better than taking the glass off.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That won't work! You need to play the modes and even do slightly well in them to earn GB's. You need to have 320 to start Powerdown.
It took me a month or so after I owned the pin to get to powerdown, now I've done it 5 or 6 times.
I would suggest setting scoring to extra balls rather than free games, and do 4 levels. Also, go for the extra ball on the matrix every time when you glove your first ball.
Go to Crazy Bob's!

Just discovered that yesterday. A definite wrinkle to my plans-- haha. That's actually good though. You can't get to Powerdown by going the cheap route. On TAF and TZ, you get to wizard mode just by starting the other modes. You don't really have to perform at all in each mode. I took that tip from Astropin about lighting EB in your 1st trip to the matrix. It's hard to follow the DMD and the matrix though to figure out exactly which slot it is since I think it changes every game.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That won't work! You need to play the modes and even do slightly well in them to earn GB's. You need to have 320 to start Powerdown.
It took me a month or so after I owned the pin to get to powerdown, now I've done it 5 or 6 times.
I would suggest setting scoring to extra balls rather than free games, and do 4 levels. Also, go for the extra ball on the matrix every time when you glove your first ball.
Go to Crazy Bob's!

My best pin story ever happened today. A sound board interface error shows up on my JM. So, now I'm upset. I did a little looking around on the forum here and noticed that the ole' standby of reseating the pins could be a solution. Sure enough, it was. On the very first game I played after doing that, I got to Powerdown. What a rush! My last one to go out was the spinner. Is it legitimately based on how well you do, or does the Powerdown happen in a prescribed manner? Very excited. Looks like it was the first one ever on my machine. As a result, I scored my personal best of 7,800,000,000. Man, JM was at the height of scoring inflation.

2 weeks later
#295 10 years ago

I put black flippers/red rubbers on mine as my "mod" just because I thought it looked cool on the flyer. It looks just as cool in person.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You would of had to watch the movie, I put a storage container over the flasher. I might sell these if folks think it kinda cool. The circle you can see I will remove.

image-421.jpg 231 KB

image-157.jpg 206 KB

I have a question about the plastic that sits above the left lane in this pic. Mine looks EXACTLY like it. Is this plastic cracked in the upper left hand corner? Also, some of the decal is missing in the exact same place as mine. Must be common, eh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.