20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 10 years ago

Yo, my just acquired JM will be in my crib Saturday night! Looking forward to reading this thread start to finish after I've put a couple dozen plays on it!

#212 10 years ago

Wow. What a great freaking game! Loving mine. Also wondering how much of the light effects will be "lost" with LEDs?

#235 10 years ago

I'm impressed by this game. I'd only played it a couple times but always liked it. I jumped at the chance to buy a local, trustworthy example and I'm so glad I did. I'm looking forward to the learning the rules and strategy, but so dark just enjoy zoning out and enjoying the flow. The shots feel amazing - shot engineering is what GG does best (and better than anyone) IMO - and combining ramps and orbits at high speed on this game is as good as any I've played.

#254 10 years ago

Got my highest score yet today...9B. Still have no clue what I'm doing. It's also dark as f*#k. This game kicks my ass. Fastest loops Evah!

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Looks good Manic and I am planning to add spot lights to my JM too. I did the same with my Shadow a few weeks ago as I like to play my games in the dark or my xmas rope lighting on. Do you have an extra light in the apron because the area by Reboot insert looks lit up.

I see the double spots on the slings...but is there something more in the middle playfield? That's brighter too.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah there is another double spot on the middle of the right ramp return pointing toward the center... I was going to put another blue led strip under the horizontal middle ramp area but it created too many reflections off the PF.
Gotta quit sometime...

So what actual strips are you using? Just flips and back panel? And both purple?

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yes it has a larger purple strip in the back and the smaller flipper strip is in white... makes it stand out as all the spots have purple lights in them. Purple is a nice color as it lights up the PF but the colors still show through... I tried red and blue but both of these simply overpower the PF colors.

And the white between the flippers doesn't wash out too much? Provide too much white as opposed to the purple glow?

Did you make a special request for the flipper strip in white? I thought those were only offered in purple?

Also, when popping off the cover...does that negatively impact the light throw (for GI?). When does a "non capped" super ever make more sense than a frosted? And are these supers as bright as the Cointaker ultras"?

1 month later
#397 10 years ago

Just got power down for second time ever. Scored over $9B in Powerdown alone and only 15B for the game. I need to figure out how to work the spinner millions and bonus hold. And I must get better at video mode. I've only gotten that EB once!

#406 10 years ago

My spinner always hung horizontal to the playfield until I put a hint of lube on it. Now it behaves normally.

#412 10 years ago

I used a drop of wd40 on a q-tip at each end if the spinner. Probably less than drop, as you don't want that stuff on your game for the most part. But it worked like a charm.

#435 10 years ago

You are the master of Powerdown?

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

JM needs ramp protectors badly. Here's what my old original right ramp looked like:

(Left ramp was the same also)
A protector for the area behind the drop target would great too.

I see you have a little chip off the plastic near the glove VUK. Mine too. This must be very common.

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Watch for the extra ball on the matrix, and put your ball there when you shoot the glove.
Spinner million is something to exploit. On your third left in-lane, right ramp combo, you'll light spinner millions.
Hit the spinner repeatedly when it is lit, and score big.
Also, always shoo for loading the multi-ball in a row of 3. Jackpots are 3x at that point.
Good luck!

I think spinner millions is the exploit on this game. And since spinner millions also go into your bonus, you'll want to Max bonus bonus X and get hold bonus from the matrix. That's gonna give a crapload of points. The only thing that will come close is getting to Powerdown, which is probably harder. I've scored almost 10M points in Powerdown alone.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes it is designed that way. It's not broken.

Wow, that's weird and cool at the same time. Looks broken but it isn't!

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What's the right ramp combo??

Left inlane (blue light lit) to right ramp or right orbit gives you a "throwing spike" award. The third award is "spinner millions". To my knowledge it's the only way to achieve spinner millions.

#462 10 years ago

Any tips on how to print these out in the right size on a Mac?

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes. Download. Open a blank page in Keynote. Turn on the rulers. Drag the image file onto keynote. Then resize, using the rulers, to 5.75" wide. Print.
That'll get the job done

That is awesome. Thank you! I've felt like an idiot not getting these to print right...even after following the instructions on the website

1 month later
#518 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

johnny.jpg 13 KB

Plus a million on the meme.

#530 10 years ago

I know this has been covered somewhere...because I gave a suggestion to someone...BUT, is there something up with the JM spinner, not just unbalanced scoring, but a physically unbalanced spinner that makes it prone to laying flat, parallel to the face of the playfield, and not able to hot with the ball and, therefore spin?

Is there a known adjustment of the switch, or something?

1 week later
#570 10 years ago

Anyone have an opinion on the JM spinner? Is it prone to resting parallel to the playfield? Unbalanced in some way?

1 month later
#677 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I really love this game. Has anyone ever beat the pop-bumper mode? How many hits do you have to get to get an item at crazy bob's? I just saw the accordion playing aliens twice last night, and have "beat" all the other modes except the pop bumper one.

How active are the pops on this game? Mine are ok but not nearly as aggressive as modern Sterns or many finely tuned B/w. Do mine just need a little sensitivity training?

#692 9 years ago

Hmmm, restarting throwing spikes just be in the settings? My game doesn't reset it.

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

I've had games where it does let you go around again and some games or balls it does not. It could be a post-power down feature perhaps someone can take the glass off and mess with it to see what qualifies a re-do.

Post power down make sense, I'll pay more attention next time!

4 months later
#1047 9 years ago

No longer in the club. Sniff.

#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now what did ya get to take it's place

GNR.

#1054 9 years ago

You can pretty much just eyeball the GI. Not too many, all easy to get at. JM takes a lot in the backbox and the inserts, but it's pretty straightforward. I just removed all the LEDs prior to my sale. Goes fast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.