20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rodent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I have found that getting a complete set of JM plastics is difficult. So I would like to gauge interest and see if we can escalate this. If a company were to make replacements would anyone out here be interested purchasing a set?

I’m on the waitlist at

https://www.retrofits.com/shop/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-plastic-set/

#3638 3 years ago
Quoted from gBass:

That link doesn't work. Is this the one you mean? https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-plastic-set/
I need new ramps and a few plastics but I don't know if I'd go for a whole set for my machine.

Yep, that’s the set I found about two months ago. I’d have ordered if they had been in stock

Didn’t catch that my phone spell check made a swap on my typing. Sorry about that

ATB - R

3 weeks later
#3671 2 years ago

interesting where the first 150 were dispersed, and that some of the very early units headed out of the US

IPSND: Johnny Mnemonic (resized).pngIPSND: Johnny Mnemonic (resized).png

I own 53342100018, which has two divider bars in the center of the matrix. Sometime later they added retainer bars on the outer edges of the matrix and a lane diverter for the matrix dump between the right and middle ramp

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Sorry I meant the matrix part of the early release JM machines without the retainer bars vs the later ones with retainer bars on the outside
The Matrix machine looks cool too though lol

I’ll grab images of mine and a image of the latter update and post tomorrow

R

#3678 2 years ago

Finally found some time to snag the image ...

Most JM matrix have four retainers - one between each row plus one on each outside edge. The early ones only had the two inner ones as seen here on production run #18

778DC2B7-0B23-40A9-A6CB-8DF766867EE9 (resized).jpeg778DC2B7-0B23-40A9-A6CB-8DF766867EE9 (resized).jpeg

Most every JM I’ve seen in person is of the four retainer variety, and also a lane diverter between the left and middle ramp

0662B308-18BC-4FEB-9A72-1D5DE3AC7A7A (resized).jpeg0662B308-18BC-4FEB-9A72-1D5DE3AC7A7A (resized).jpeg

#3681 2 years ago

Found a clearer image of the updated matrix with 4-retainers, so here's the side-by-side

Original two middle only retainer style matrix (as on my early production JM)

original 2-retainer matrix (resized).pngoriginal 2-retainer matrix (resized).png

And the later modification with added outer retainers utilized in production.

updated 4-retainer matrix (resized).pngupdated 4-retainer matrix (resized).png

Note: I'm quite curious to discover where this change was transitioned into production, and at what serial number.

#3684 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Sorry for being so dense, but whats the difference between the 2 pics? Can you circle it?

The original had two retainers, and a sometime during production changed to four retainers AND added a ball diverter between the left and middle ramp lanes where the matrix ejects.

You can see the difference in retainers by counting rivets across the bottom

2 months later
#3724 2 years ago

wamonkey I'm in the midst of repairs/cleanup from a busted water pipe, and can shoot you an image or two sometime next week if you don't get one sooner. I have the contents of two rooms in front of my pins, and I need that moved so I can roll JM out and open the BG

1 week later
#3732 2 years ago

Cool! I just got my JM accessible again about an hour ago. The plumbing repair turned into an accompanying electrical repair before I could close up the wall

LMK if you still need images

4 months later
#3778 2 years ago

Have a new pin arriving this week, so my JM is going to find its way out to the shop to make room in the game room.

While it's out there, I'm going to take time to rebuild the hand mechanics. A couple weeks back the Y-nut finally gave up its ability to grab the Y-screw. Both the X and Y screws are in need of replacement, as they both more closely resemble a coarse rasp than a smooth positioning screw. I'll also clean and lube the gear boxes while I have everything apart

1 month later
#3852 2 years ago

whoa! (in my best KR impersonation voice) that was in really bad shape. did this game spend it's life at some beachside pub in Key West FL?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rodent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=rodent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.