20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retro_p.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#743 9 years ago

I'm joining the JM club tomorrow! OMFG I can't wait; the delivery time has been interminable.

Already bought new cabinet decals!

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from blondie7575:

Congrats! It's a fantastic game.
Speaking of those decals, how do people install them, out of curiosity? The ones that people get are just the lower red portion, so do people stick them on over top, or somehow remove just the lower portion of the factory decals?

#753 9 years ago

Post edited by retro_p: Connection dropout

#770 9 years ago

Just modded my flippers with black bats and white super-bands, and it looks unbelievable. I love it.

2014-06-09 20.35.09.jpg2014-06-09 20.35.09.jpg

#774 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Looks good but don't the LEDs under the inlane plastics blind you? It's clear there...had to take them out of mine and put incandescents back for those.

Nah, blue is so weak that it isn't blinding at all.

#775 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great. Now put a Comet 6.3v, 7 led strip on the center drain under the apron, that will really light it up. I did it to mine and you can really see the ball on the flippers now. The pictures (before and after) are how a purple lit up my High Speed. No pictures of Johnny handy but you get the idea.

Cool!

1 week later
#806 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I really have an urge to just put matrix decals on mine, and get a translite made like the matrix machine mod that was done> Anyone have any of these for sale?

Are you sure? Anything I can do to dissuade you?

JM is a beautiful machine, and I never really cared for the Matrix conversion. My $0.02. Afaik there is only one Matrix conversion in existence right now.

#808 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I was watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/szBLqjyffnQ?autoplay=1&rel=0
Playfield is lovely, but all a little too green for me I think. You may have talked me out of it. I think they did a great job with the conversion, but you are right, JM is a great machine. Need the red decal improvement.
What I did notice is the ramp shots on the matrix machine - that's it, I'm doing a flipper rebuild on my JM this week!

They definitely did a complete job of adapting things, all of callouts and DMD animations are similarly matrix-ized. Not a fan of the playfield though, it looks a little too photoshopped (like a Stern, almost). If they had done a hand-drawn motif I think it would have fit better. It strikes me as an all-or-nothing proposition--half matrix, half JM might look a little weird.

Check out my black flipper mod a few posts back--it turned out really well. It fits nicely with the JM theme, and was even in the Williams' marketing literature having black flippers, and then they went with white at the last minute. It just feels all around nicer to play.

1 week later
#813 9 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Just finished crating up an NOS Johnny Mnemonic playfield - sending it out tomorrow for clearcoating.

I'm jealous (), where did you find a nos pf?

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

No new ramps flaps, anyone? Pretty plz?

I second your question. Anyone know how to get new ramp flaps?

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

New mod finished » YouTube video

Looks nice! How'd you do it?

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm getting the ramp covers laser cut, so when they give me price I'll let people know and post them off.

Definitely would like to get some too. Lemme know

1 week later
#858 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Finishing this up for a friend....2 questions:
I have a connector under the bottom right pf that I cant seem to find what it connects to. attaching pic in a minute.
Glove seems to work great and switch is working but I get nothing from the hand magnet...will not pick up ball in game or test mode. Is it fused or a board to look at?
Thanks...

I've often wondered what that connector is for as well. It doesn't connect to anything, so it must be an auxiliary connector of some sort (shaker, maybe?).

#881 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Silver flippers too much? I know they were supposed to be black, but trying them out anyway.

Silver is nice (still prefer my tuxedo flippers tho ). But I would use either black or white rubbers -- my $0.02.

#890 9 years ago

Black bats, white superbands. Great contrast, and really fits the theme imo.

244186.jpg244186.jpg

3 weeks later
#955 9 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

I just picked up a JM. Love this game! Although last night it did something I found odd. I loaded up three balls in the matrix for multiball. Right before it dumped the balls, midnight madness started, and the flippers went dead during the MM. Is this what is supposed to happen? If not any advice? Thanks fellow cyberpunks!

It's a bug in the firmware. I've experienced this a couple of times. Bit of a disappointment, but at least it is rare.

#957 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Johnny has pooed himself. This is what is greeting me now. Any help appreciated? Just does a ball search and ejects them all into the kick out lane. WTF?

Does the audit menu work at all?

#965 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Works, but unreadable. My lovely tech will have to do a house call I'm afraid. Tried reseating all the ribbon cables, no luck.

Rough guess would be the DMD power board? That one frequently tends go on JMs for some reason, though the symptoms tend to be pretty different. If you have any other WPC 93 games, you might try swapping that board out.

4 months later
#1082 9 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Just finished working with Pinbits to create a PETG plastic protector set for JM.
Scanned, test-fit and installed. I anticipate it will be on the pinbits.com site soon for purchase.
All screened plastics are protected, even the one atop the left ramp.
-Brian

Awesome!

2 months later
#1194 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've pulled and taken apart and replaced the matrix with no problem so I imagine the hand isn't that much more trouble.

Famous last words.

Just kidding; but the hardest part for me was getting the hand and backplate assembly off of the pf, home free after that.

1 month later
#1324 9 years ago

Tricked out with cold cathodes.

2015-04-04 23.34.35.jpg2015-04-04 23.34.35.jpg

Also ordered a liquid neon cold cathode to mount over the hands, should give it a shimmering, "bottom-of-the-pool" style lighting effect:

#1335 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hey gang - looking to join the club. Found one that seems a bit over priced so I am going to go comb it over and perhaps make an offer. I will try to report back with pics; but I don't know the game too well. Any advice on the troublesome spots on pf? I have heard the glove is biggest issue but would love any advice on other pf pitfalls. Thanks

Ramps frequently have cracks, that's a good thing look for, also the DMD boards on these frequently go out, I've read about a couple of cases of it in recent memory (not to mention that it happened to the previous owner of my own JM.

A clunky hand shouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker, but you would have to clean and rebuild it (which took me a weekend).

3 weeks later
#1529 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Don't lube the nuts...they will spray it all over your playfield (at least the y one will).

4 months later
#2093 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

I dont think CPR/PPS or anyone else will ever do a "commercial" run of the JM plastics.
The need for the plastics has been the same for the past 10+ years but nothing has happened at all. Since the plastics are literally impossible to get you would think a run of 100 or 200 sets would sell very easy, but i guess not.

I don't think CPR or PPS will ever make new plastics for any movie theme machine. To do that, I'm guessing they'd have to get a new license for the film rights, which is never going to happen for a few low-margin parts. Or maybe there just aren't enough JMs out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retro_p.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=retro_p and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.