20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1613 8 years ago

Was working on a GI issue that was blowing fuses then I put the play field down and *pop* Figure that wasn't a good sound or smell.

The good news, I have found the source of my fuse blowing issue and my GI issue all in one. A washer causing a short.

Now I need some help finding a board and where this green wire goes. Appreciate the help
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.28.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.28.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.28.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.28.31 PM.png
Also my glove is now saying no X movement, and the start button doesn't look to work, but lights up. This happened at the same time and I plan on working on the glove this summer.
post.pngpost.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.27.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.27.55 PM.png

#1619 8 years ago

Totally fried. Anyone have a spare or know where I can get a board? Might be cheaper then fighting with it.

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well Rob Anthony does board work. Try looking for a new one at Marco.

Marco sold out same with Bay Area A

#1647 8 years ago

Hey Everyone! I am sending in the parts for powder coating next week. Other then black and red does anyone have any photos of what they have done? Black looks sick, but I am debating Blue. It's going next to a T3 that's coated red. Would love to see photos.

Also going to throw some black mirror blades in. http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html the best place?

#1657 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Not mine.... (envy)81032.jpg

Caught the photo of Skypilot's black w/ Alternate artwork looked great! I think I am sold on the blue! As you can see I have some fade. Thanks everyone! Keep the photos coming!

JM.jpgJM.jpg
1 week later
#1709 8 years ago

For scientific reasons only does anyone have the custom version of Adagio they used for the font?

Also does anyone have a quick tip for taking apart and cleaning the Cyber Matrix? I have most of the play field clear right now.

#1719 8 years ago

Thanks! Your thread was a big big help.

Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 3.12.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-14 at 3.12.27 PM.png

3 weeks later
#1796 8 years ago

I can't unsee that. Dammit. Works great in the T3 as well? Sign me up for 2~

2 weeks later
#1839 8 years ago

And so the rebuild begins! Thanks to Ninja Boot for the machine. agodfrey ~ Loved reading your thread.

Screen_Shot_2015-07-29_at_10.46.16_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-07-29_at_10.46.16_PM.png

#1877 8 years ago

If anyone in Canada has an extra spinner sticker hit me up. I could use one. TIA.

2 weeks later
#1937 8 years ago

Anyone with a color DMD or extender on JM they can share photos and satisfaction level?

1 week later
#1982 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

JM movie was on Encore this afternoon ... I caught it about half way through. Maybe I missed something important, but that movie is pretty bad. And I like many so called "bad movies". But yowza.....I hope that doesn't sour me on the pin....

What are you talking about Blitz ...On the bad movie scale it's not that bad!
It has so much potential. It's about 300x better then the new Total Recall. What was the last 'bad' movie you loved? Next director that attempts a Paul Verhoeven remake should just not. Now... a Paul Verhoeven remake of Johnny could be interesting.

#2002 8 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Been a member for a while. Got a real beat up one last year and spent several months refurbishing it.

Do you have any photos of installing the repro cab decals? I am about to do mine and any photos are appreciated. Looks like your backbone arms are new... unless mine has been painted I thought they were black on the original. Looks nice!

#2021 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Okay - so I took one of the purple fire sale panels and airbrushed it chrome.
Here's how it looks!
Going to try something else too -- stay tuned
JM_Chrome.png
JM Chrome2.png

Great idea, that would look sharp with a ColorDMD. What's next? drop a hint!

#2029 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I figured I'd try to paint one with holographic paint and see what it looks like - maybe over the top of the chrome? Dunno yet.

Wicked! I know nothing about holographic paint, but can't wait to see what it might look like!

1 week later
#2054 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Where can I get the side art or at least the replacement red sticker for the cab? I understand a translite is out of the question??
Thanks

I have fully re-created the cab art outside of JM himself. That said I might do an alt to avoid any static. See my thread for pictures or PM me. Can't wait to get back to work on it.

3 weeks later
#2116 8 years ago

Working on my JM today. The coin door is a freaking mess. If anyone could post photos of nice looking ones I would appreciate it!!image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2119 8 years ago

That would be excellent! If you have NIB I would love to see how it should be wired up.

2 months later
#2205 8 years ago

Happy new year!

Can anyone hook me up with some high res pics of ünder the playfeild? From left / right / dead on would be amazing! Thanks!

#2210 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Happy new year!
Can anyone hook me up with some high res pics of ünder the playfeild? From left / right / dead on would be amazing! Thanks!

Got some. Thanks NinjaBoot.

2 weeks later
#2224 8 years ago

Hey everyone, looking for some help.
Re-populated everything and it's looking amazing NinjaBoot did a sick job on the clear coat.

A few issues. Where the hell do these cables go? It will not let me start a game and the start button works as tested by my Mutli-M. Any help is appreciated. I'll update more in the Johnny finds a Johnny thread.

Thanks everyone. And thanks to my wife for looking after the kid for the day so I could get this back together. She is on pinside and I am sure will read this.

D20 flashes and D21 stays on.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.45.46_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.45.46_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.46.16_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.46.16_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.46.10_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.46.10_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.46.02_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.46.02_PM_(resized).png

1 week later
#2271 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

One word, "manual".
Start simple, before testing electronics.
Cross reference wire colors and number of pins on the IDC and MOLEX connectors.
These are both factory connectors not adds or hacks.
If you do not have a manual, buy one.
If you do not want to buy one, download the PDF version.
No offense but "expound your knowledge" of your personal machine.
The IDC looks to be from the interconnect or PDB.
The MOLEX could be for a dollar bill validator, but without checking my own manual I am guessing, hence what I said upfront.
I strongly recommend in the future when restoring playfields is to take EVEN MORE photos of the machine with your phone.
It is quick, easy, and give plenty of reference and will avoid this challenge.

All good. I got this & none taken. The Red is not connected and the MOLEX chances are are for the bill validator as you mentioned. So neither are required. This is also why I didn't have photos of them, but I did most everything else. Pintrix helped with the wires and Ninjaboot has helped find the issue. I started a thread separate to this and have already figure the issue. Thanks for the coin door photos you sent. That was a big help.

#2272 8 years ago
lol

1 week later
#2303 8 years ago

Stoked at how fast this game plays!
Everything working now just a matter of mods in progress.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2320 8 years ago

Nice! What was the total cost? Look forward to seeing a video!

#2321 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

When I moved the machine I unplugged the transformer. There are 4 connectors, all different from each other. I re-plugged all of them, I think correctly. I found one connector under the playfield, not plugged. See pic

Same thing that had me scratching my head. Looks to be an unused connector.

#2336 8 years ago

Not yet but can't wait!

1 month later
#2386 8 years ago

I have an Alt translite on my JM now, would be willing to sell my original Williams one. It's in great shape. Drop me a PM

2 weeks later
#2418 8 years ago

Screen_Shot_2016-04-25_at_8.13.50_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-25_at_8.13.50_PM_(resized).png

#2419 8 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

After 4 weeks of coding my johhny is almost done , let me know what u think
Color changes on modes also , but not shown
» YouTube video

Any chance of a re-post?

2 weeks later
#2480 7 years ago

my cpu board kicked the bucket today... doh.. but you'll all be happy to hear that the Midnight Madness mode from JM made it into Ghostbusters.

#2482 7 years ago

Oh no....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2485 7 years ago

It's not something I want to attempt. The U20 is socketed already and replaced so the next step is the LM339s.
Thanks for the links. As for the translite there is something sick coming. I have no problem posting the one I have, but it's just a bad mash up, nothing to my standards .... Yet. This one is also printed without a difussion layer.

4 months later
#2598 7 years ago

I found some clear adhesive backed ink jet film and some plexi. It's poor mans version. Let me know if you didn't find one.

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Seems like there's no excuse now not to get rid of the faded yellow decals:
http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-cabinet-decals/

I hope the Color is better then representated in that image. Thanks for the link gives people an option who are desperate.

#2603 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Any luck wth that ink jet film?

Playing the Flip Out this weekend. Will try this and show some pics when I get back.

#2605 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Color looks correct compared to a couple of HUO cabs I've seen. It is only a screen shot though, I've had decals from them before and quality was always top notch!

Then that's a win. Some of the repro's I have seen have a red hue to them that would drive me batty but as someone who is deciding between repros and the Alts I posted on my JFAJ thread I appreciate this info!

2 weeks later
#2625 7 years ago
Quoted from Dansur:

Check it out! These are the ones from Retro Refurbs:

They look great. Hard to say if the bad skin tone (to much red) are how they were originally made or if this is symptomatic of cab fade. If anyone has an original JM that has been inside for it's entire life I would love to see it. Regardless, no one will notice and your cab is gonna look great! Post photos when done!

#2626 7 years ago

S7 (resized).jpgS7 (resized).jpg
Working on this tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 week later
#2630 7 years ago

Update on Sector seven translucent plastics on the ink jet film don't look as good as I wanted. I am working with a UV printer now and should have some good results this month.

2 months later
#2669 7 years ago

Playfeild is so smooth! Now with 100% more LCD IMG_7291 (resized).JPGIMG_7291 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2677 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Any of you guys that put on new decals. What did you have to do. Did you strip old ones/paint/ new ones? What process did you do? And did you do wet or dry? Also where did you buy yours?
Thanks for the help

I got really lucky with the old ones soaking them in water and then just re-applying to the new ramps. I was all lined up to get new ones from agodfree so you might want to pm him if yours are bad. That said he might be sold out.

#2684 7 years ago

Yeah I probably should have been more clear. I was talking about the cab!

Sorry!
Did you strip old ones/paint/ new ones?
What process did you do?
- Right down to the wood. Three step sanding process. Filled all holes, Sanded again.
- Painted matte black

And did you do wet or dry?
- I'll be installing dry.

Also where did you buy yours?
- Made them in my basement. I'll post some photos after I have them laminated.

#2686 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

About a year and a half ago I posted about the pinbits plastic protector set and a piece I wasn't sure where it went.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/36#post-2551686
Just wanted to post this again for those who might be getting it now or down the road. I posted a pic about a year ago, but incase you missed it here is that pic. And then a new one from more recently. Hopefully it's helpful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/45#post-2920675

Nice I need one. Also, you should replace your crazy bob's sign with an LCD

#2688 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Agreed. Willing to share a little info about what you did?

PM'ed if there is anyone else interested in contributing we can start a new thread.

1 month later
#2716 7 years ago

K, first test Sector 7 plastics are done. If you need one PM me. There are no charge for these, but please only if you need one. You all can thank Freddy for putting a fire under my feet to get these done and jesperpark for his help. I only have three FYI.

#2719 7 years ago

And they are gone. Thanks everyone!

#2721 7 years ago

Very first dremel test. Yuck. Very first dremel test. Yuck.
Very first dremel test. Yuck. Humble starts...
Perfect fit. Perfect fit.
Perfect fit.
Color tests. Before color matching on the right.
Pre application (before the white diffuser layer is properly applied) color accurate sample on the left.  Color tests. Before color matching on the right. Pre application (before the white diffuser layer is properly applied) color accurate sample on the left.
Color tests. Before color matching on the right.
Pre application (before the white diffuser layer is properly applied) color accurate sample on the left.
IMG_8485 (resized).jpgIMG_8485 (resized).jpg
Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways. Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways. Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways. Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways.
Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways.

For a amateur DIY project, really impressed with how they turned out.

#2722 7 years ago

First BetaIMG_8526 (resized).JPGIMG_8526 (resized).JPG

#2723 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh.... I'm away from my machine.... what plastic is the sector 7 one?

It's that one ☝

1 week later
#2733 7 years ago

Fired up JM only to find that my hand just stopped working. All switches work great, factory reset same issue. Nothing obviously wrong.... It's like it's just not getting power. Gonna try some wire tests.. If anyone else has had this problem before let me know what fixed it for you. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#2743 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Shout out to Dirkdiggler for his spot in the club! What a game! Lots of flow and accurate shots! Was intimidating to pick this game up but I am quickly loving it!

pics or it didn't happen

#2746 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'll show u pics of mine...if you show me a pic of your translite!

Bahahhahah! It's trash. It's like a Beta 1.0 translite NinjaBoot and I toss around the idea of doing alt cab decals and alt translite, but it never materialized as we both got busy, he is doing these amazing magnet mods now and if you have yet to check them out you should.

alt translitealt translite

Here it is in all it's crappy photoshop mess.

#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Noice! I was reading this thread & just messing with ya! That pic does look way better tho! Where do I find these magnet mods?! I plan on a few spotlights and led strips.. a good cleaning and installing the pf protector before any pic's! Maybe a color dmd at yegpin!!

Sick, my JM will be there for you to play. Feel free to post a pic of the translite, maybe I'll have to finish that project. Here is the thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-mod he has a JM as well, can't wait to see a magnet for JM

#2749 7 years ago

so much good to draw from...
Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 8.05.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2015-06-11 at 8.05.17 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 9.22.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2015-06-11 at 9.22.50 PM (resized).png

#2751 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Puck,
got the sector seven plastic today great work thanks again freddy.

Excellent, curious how they hold up. I have some ideas to make these better and better. Keep me/us posted.

3 weeks later
#2764 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

supermoot I don't have a crazy Bob's plastic. BUT I know puck replaced his with a LCD. Maybe he has one to sell now. Maybe not.

Yep! Sure do and it's in great shape.

#2771 7 years ago

thats what i want to know

It's a page back. As soon as I get my glove working again I'll post some details.

3 months later
#2805 6 years ago

Thinking about alternate cab decals... just don't know what direction I am gonna go. What does everyone think of this? Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 12.51.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-01 at 12.51.08 PM (resized).png

#2810 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Not that different from the original... I'd try to pursue a whole different direction...

I agree, but, the problem with that is that I don't want to drift to far from the playfield.. know what I mean?

1 month later
#2835 6 years ago

Solid trade, but I wouldn't put up a dime on the trade, given the pics I would say that $300 has to go to the TMNT owner. That JM is in need of a lot of work and parts.

2 weeks later
#2858 6 years ago

See post #2722 ~ 7 months ago. I might have a spare kicking around but you'll have to give me sometime to dig it out of storage. You might be better off finding a NOS, mine are re-creations.

freddy is the one I sent you still holding up? Curious if graphic stayed on.

5 months later
#2947 6 years ago

What would y’all like to see in an alt?

#2952 6 years ago

removed at request of people

#2953 6 years ago

There are so many ways to print these things out. We did one on ink-jet with backing to diffuse the LED's but they were strong.

2 weeks later
#2959 6 years ago

Can someone post some photos of inside the bottom and top cab? Thanks!

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Exactly what do u want pics of?! I not sure what u need.. but ill take some fir ya! You want pics of inside the cabinet with the playfield up? And a pic of the boards?!

Thanks! Mostly just how the bottom cabinet hardware and just inside of the coin door. I am rebuilding from scratch and want to make sure its as good as I can. Appreciate the help. The boards are easy to put together, but if you can get me a photo of the green ground wires in the back box might be good for thread prosperity and ensuring I have the grounds perfect.

Much appreciated.

1 month later
#3035 5 years ago

If anyone has quick access to the backbox and can have a look and tell me on J208 you might have a single Green/Black (says Green-Blue in the guide) cable going into a connector at J208 let me know what displacement connector it's in if pin 1 is on the right and pin 9 on the right. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 12.21.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-27 at 12.21.41 AM (resized).png

#3036 5 years ago

Minabluemerle got me hooked up thanks!

#3037 5 years ago

Anyone have a X-BRIDGE WPCHV installed? Mine only plugs into J604, and doesn't start up the DMD when installed, so I think I am missing something simple or installing it wrong. Or have the wrong board... IMG_6710 (resized).JPGIMG_6710 (resized).JPG

#3038 5 years ago

Stoked to be playing this again!

B4A3B9F9-1F2F-4AC6-A191-AAC454AE433A (resized).jpegB4A3B9F9-1F2F-4AC6-A191-AAC454AE433A (resized).jpeg

66B3CC84-98C7-4A18-AFD8-4048691CA7C1 (resized).jpeg66B3CC84-98C7-4A18-AFD8-4048691CA7C1 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Since I'm in the process of rebuilding my JM, I decided today that I would remove and replace the factory mylar between the pop bumpers, since mine was peeling up in a couple spots. Because of the way that piece is made, you don't really see it at all, and I'd rather keep the playfield in the pops good forever. Thankfully, I managed to get the mylar up in only 3 pieces. This piece of mylar has a really distinct shape, and you can't get it anywhere.......so.....
I taped the pieces back together and used it as a template to cut my own from a 3mil sheet. It's pretty darn close to an exact replica. You can download a scan of it at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbvti7xd8zvzhtv/Johnny%20Mnemonic%20Pop%20Bumper%20Area%20Mylar%20-%20Exact.jpg?dl=0 if you'd like a copy. Just print the image as actual size without margins/borders, cut it out, and you should have a template of your own.

After we cleared mine I didn't put down more mylar... maybe I should! Thanks for sharing!

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

No problem. I was originally going to go the easy route and just use mylar rings chopped up, but the pops are so close together and so tight to the ball guides that I don't think that would have worked. Plus, with them so close to each other, that's a lot of beating the playfield takes right there. Williams factory installed mylar there , and where the glove releases the ball above the rollovers for a reason......

I was thinking of a small plastic 3D printed there to cushion the ball drop. Never got around to it tho. Anyone feel ambitious?

1 month later
#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Stoked to be back in the club...
First game ive bought twice!
[quoted image]

Nice!!
Color DMD worth it?

2 weeks later
#3101 5 years ago

Old photos but it’s all I have on me atm

0B8C6290-B8B0-4317-92D4-0672F19A53E1 (resized).jpeg0B8C6290-B8B0-4317-92D4-0672F19A53E1 (resized).jpeg6EA09C43-4CC6-4E71-ACD1-286FD5C69657 (resized).jpeg6EA09C43-4CC6-4E71-ACD1-286FD5C69657 (resized).jpeg788E411B-E196-45E1-AD94-68F6A1CEF6FF (resized).jpeg788E411B-E196-45E1-AD94-68F6A1CEF6FF (resized).jpegB95BF489-7751-4893-B17C-21098B0D0B1B (resized).jpegB95BF489-7751-4893-B17C-21098B0D0B1B (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#3127 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Looking for sling shot plastic and ramp decals if any one has a set?

Sling shot no problem. If you can’t find one locally let me know.

1 week later
#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Its not terribly faded, id put it in the linup as is.

Agreed, how bad is the cab otherwise?

3 months later
#3198 5 years ago

Anyone want some free old JM ramps?

C4DDDAD0-E039-418A-8C38-8A3148625774 (resized).jpegC4DDDAD0-E039-418A-8C38-8A3148625774 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#3573 3 years ago

Where can I get one of the stars?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=puck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.