20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 10 years ago

Can I join? Got mine a couple of weeks ago and am REALLY loving it. It gets so fast I can hardly see the ball. Got the inserts and some of the GI led'd and it really makes a dif. Only 2 problems with it, #1, one string of bb lights are out and about 3 of the inserts and 3 GI lights are out and I can't find the problem. Wish I had the time to find and fix these and apply new red artwork. Funny how this thread started 5 months ago and now it's dead. Just my luck...join a dead thread.

Sorry QuarterGrabber I can't help ya.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I just brought home a really nice JM on Friday night. It needs a little bit of cleaning and tweaking otherwise this is my second one and it isn't leaving again anytime soon.

Good score and your reds on the cab aren't that badly faded.

3 months later
#160 10 years ago

It sure will, now I won't loose the keys and I'll know which game they are for.

1 week later
#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Me three!!! Thanks Canea!

I got mine also, thanks, now all my other games are jealous.....sorry I'm late.

1 month later
#343 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yep. Pulling it from the coin door lights.

The coin door lights are 6.3v not 12v.

5 months later
#707 9 years ago

CRAP!!! My magnet switch just broke.

#716 9 years ago

One of my matrix red buttons is broken and the spring is missing. The guy I bought the game from did a hack job and glued it in place and never told me about it so now it's my problem to fix. If someone has had to do this fix can they point me to the parts I need. Thanks

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

One of my matrix red buttons is broken and the spring is missing. The guy I bought the game from did a hack job and glued it in place and never told me about it so now it's my problem to fix. If someone has had to do this fix can they point me to the parts I need. Thanks

I found the rollover plastic at Marco but they didn't have the spring #10-503, they had 10-502 which looked the same so I guess I'll try that. I forgot I had the manual for the game.

#720 9 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

Package came. Didn't get a chance to open it yet. Will check it later this evening and post photos

Cool, yes pictures please.

#725 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm looking for a JM translite for my game. Does anybody have or know of one for sale?

That is going to be impossible to find. I've never seen one. Put your want up on the forum and it will go out all over the world.

#728 9 years ago

OK guys I need some help. Just got my new hand magnet stitch and I need to know how the purple and orange wires attach to the switch. In the picture #1 is the bottom and #2 is the top of the switch. So which goes where. My wires were broken so I don't which went where. Thanks

IMGA0003.JPGIMGA0003.JPG
#736 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

It's just a switch, it doesn't matter which goes where.

Thanks. I'm a rookie at electrical stuff.

#745 9 years ago
Quoted from Radiowing:

Yep...good thought. I did the ball-in-hand switch test as indicated in the Williams service bulletin and it activated fine. Now, whether or not it is actually cycling down the magnet power upon activation...I don't know.

The ball in hand switch is a funny switch, it's not flat but has 2 ridges that hang down and actually hold the ball away from the top of the magnet. My switch was starting to pick up 2 balls from the matrix every once in a while too but then stopped holding a ball altogether. When I took it apart both wire leads on the switch had broken off and the part of the switch lever where the ball is held both ridges were gone. Just got my switch so it will be the weekend before I get it in and the game fired up.

#754 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Anyone know how to quite the hand motor down. Damn that thing is loud!

Swear at it....works for me ....sometimes.

#758 9 years ago

Those nuts are CRAZY expensive. $7 and $8 each for NUTS!

#763 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

X Y nuts? Do you have a picture of them? This game is a ton of fun! My hand sometimes won't let go of the ball, strange..

I'll bet you need a new switch. It's a weird one, rectangular in shape with a smaller rectangular hole in the middle with 2 curving up pieces of metal that cradle the ball which keeps it from going up to far into the magnet. It's hard to describe the switch. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

#765 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Marco's got em.

Yup, that's where I got mine but by the time I hit check out I was up to $80 worth of shit. Happens every time.

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Just modded my flippers with black bats and white super-bands, and it looks unbelievable. I love it.

2014-06-09 20.35.09.jpg 305 KB

Looks great. Now put a Comet 6.3v, 7 led strip on the center drain under the apron, that will really light it up. I did it to mine and you can really see the ball on the flippers now. The pictures (before and after) are how a purple lit up my High Speed. No pictures of Johnny handy but you get the idea.

Strip light 2.JPGStrip light 2.JPG
Strip light 3.JPGStrip light 3.JPG

#792 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a rollover spring for the Cyber Space assembly? Part # 10-503. Thanks

#795 9 years ago

Thanks westofrome, never thought of looking there. It's funny when ya think about one little spring traveling half way around the world. I haven't checked the shipping yet, I have to prepare myself for sticker shock.

#797 9 years ago

Looks like the cab art on Johnny is new, no fade. Great score too.

#799 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Not new, it's all original with no fade. Please believe I'm keeping it covered up!

Now that's what I call lucky.

3 weeks later
#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

I'm joining this club today
Funny story, its the exact same machine I was eyeing up over a year ago (but bought a house instead) in that time it has been through 3 different owners before finally coming to me!
Got great payment terms on it too

Welcome and that's a funny story too. It was meant to be.

#853 9 years ago

Yup your lucky, I've had 14 playfields shipped to me via USPS and UPS wrapped in nothing but double cardboard with not so much as a scuff on the box. I think when the fork driver saw the crate he assumed it was very heavy and used the forks to pick it up. Next pf you ship write the weight on it nice and big, they may handle it differently.

1 week later
#865 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Well after looking at the pin for awhile...I just found the movie on netflix...it's my first time....wish me luck........Joey

Some people like it and some hate it. Me, I've never seen it so no opinion. Give us a review when it's over.

#868 9 years ago

Thanks. Did it spoil the game for ya.

#882 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Is there any place to get some plastics for this game? I need a couple and there doesn't seem to be any online.

I haven't seen any. May be we could ask CPR to make a set. Stu is always looking for something to do. But he needs a complete set to scan first.

#885 9 years ago
Quoted from blondie7575:

This stuff is great for the glove (both the threaded rods, and the gearboxes):
amazon.com link »
Make sure to check the rods periodically for grease, as well. Many kinds of grease will wear off after time, which causes premature nut wear. Super Web Grease was originally designed for bicycle chains (I believe), so it holds much better than most. It's basically white lithium with some kind of polyester additive or something. It has a certain "stringiness" to it, and it's designed to stay in place throughout a lot of abuse.

I ordered some yesterday, my rods needed grease and I know the gear box will need to come apart soon. Thanks for the link.

#886 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Silver flippers too much? I know they were supposed to be black, but trying them out anyway.

image.jpg 241 KB

I thought the stock ones were blue, that's what I have with red rubbers. Anyway I like my color combo.

#888 9 years ago

Yup your right. Black they are with black rubbers too. I like my blue and red better, I can see the ball better.

#891 9 years ago

Yup that does look nice. Now ya just gotta light up that center drain with a Comet 6.3v, 7 led strip.

1 week later
#893 9 years ago

Ask blondetall, she knows that assembly really good.

#899 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I got the rock n roll grease, or whatever it was called. I'll have to put some on and let you guys know how it worked.

I just got mine and it really quieted it down.

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Some of the pics you guys posted with new flippers look nice, but they are not aligned properly.

What is correct alignment?

#908 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I posted another thread but may as well add it here as well. Does anyone have any leads on the jackpot matrix plastic? I am missing one. Also, I would like to replace the ramps but can't get all of the decals. What have others done with missing ramp decals?
Thanks!

Sorry, can't help with any of that.

#913 9 years ago

That grease is good stuff, I put some on and ran the hand the wiped the rod off and the rag was just black so I did it about 6 more times before the rag came off clean looking and then I put one last coating on.

#914 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Great. It's the Y rod (the unthreaded rod). The one coming out at you. The screw is in the front and it's tiny.
What sort of grease do you use?

Have you tried a hobby store where they sell model trains, large slot cars and such?

#922 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

What color is this super web grease? I have a lot of different bicycle lubes and greases so I don't want to buy another tube of something I already have.

White tube and grease.

#926 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How do you run the hand? Do the hand test manually

I just turned the game on and off.

#937 9 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Correct alignment is when the plastic of the flipper tip is in line with the 3 screws on the inlane guides. In both pics on page 18, the flippers need to be lowered.

Thanks, all my games were perfect when they arrived so I never gave it much thought. On my new Mustang there is a hole in the pf at the tip of each flipper so it's easy to line them up if need be.

#939 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is that what those holes/dimples are for?

Most games have them. Just looked at my DE Star Wars and they need to be set.

2 weeks later
#987 9 years ago

Hope he didn't charge you a full service call.

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

the Chip started to wiggle loose after something dropped on it

JM carnage.jpg 90 KB

Bummer, haven't had that happen yet....knock on wood.

#995 9 years ago

That animation looks like it's from the original Tron movie.

1 week later
#1000 9 years ago

That's a BIG difference. Looks great.

1 week later
#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

Oh really? That's the only way I've ever seen them installed, on any of the images I've seen. Is it supposed to be like this, instead? Or has this one just rotated up and around? I can't remember how much that piece turns or whether it is stopped by the top of that screw (and I'm too lazy to open up the glass and find out right now).
https://img-f.pinside.com/201408/1826721/270799.jpg

Mine is on that way too.

1 week later
#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from Chewable_CPP:

Just joining the club and loving the pin so far!
To boot, JM is my very first pin. No regrets yet
Thanks to everyone on the thread for all the useful info.

Welcome to the addiction. Hope your game is in good shape. Have you got room for more games?

#1028 9 years ago
Quoted from Ventam4n:

First what is the easiest way to change the lights in the matrix?

No easy way, the whole matrix assembly has to come off the board on the back of the playfield. Not very hard really, a couple of nuts and 3 wire connectors and it pulls right out then it's and easy take apart to get at the bulbs. Use red flexhead leds because there is only like half of a hole on the metal plate where the light can shine through to light up the red plastic pieces. With a flex you can position the led to shine all of it's light up to light the plastic.

Welcome and your English is just fine. I deliver alot of produce from Chile. You should put your location down, it's always fun to know where everyone is from.

#1031 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just tore into the back part, lubed the Y gear box.. not the worst thing, but not that enjoyable doing it. You have to loosen the rear panel to get the matrix out, right? Otherwise I had a hard time fishing the matrix out of the rear panel.

I had no problem just pulling the pf out a bit on the service rails and reaching back there and undoing everything. Really pretty easy. Tougher the first time ya do it though. Take me less the 5 minutes now.

#1032 9 years ago
Quoted from Ventam4n:

Ty guys, i'm amazed at how fast responses.

That's cuz we like you. I've been helped many times by fellow Pinsiders so I try to help when I can. That's the way we roll around here. Thanks for posting more info about yourself, it makes people more willing to help.

Now write a background story and get more karma points rolling in.

#1035 9 years ago
Quoted from Chewable_CPP:

JM will be the only pin I have for a while at least. I barely found space for the one. I'll probably expand my collection some day, though.

Soultion.......throw out the bed.

#1039 9 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

I couldn't even find a scan of the original piece, so I had to reconstruct my own from photos I found online. This involved getting creative with perspective and transforming the image to the shape I needed, so I'm sure my piece might be a little skewed or stretched, but I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I retraced all the lines in software, printed on decal paper and applied to the plexiglas I had cut and shaped, and then sprayed the back of the piece in white. The color's not quite perfect, but unless you are really hyper-critical, I don't think it's too noticeable.

I wish I had taken more photos of the steps I used throughout the process, but here are some shots of the final results. Not a perfect match, but I am pretty happy with it! Much better than before!

VERY nice job.

#1048 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No longer in the club. Sniff.

Now what did ya get to take it's place

1 month later
#1063 9 years ago

Yup the wrong fuse will do that every time. Did you check all your fuses to be sure you have the right ones in? Did you replace the X nut, you didn't say, you should have.

1 month later
#1071 9 years ago
Quoted from Nycon:

Just joined the club with JM as my second machine, W?D being my first. Just moved it in, unfortunately the glass of the translite shattered in the process... Not too bad as custom cut glass is quite cheap, at least the translite is still fine. Cabinet needs new decals though.
Have not really played JM, just a few test games, but I am really looking forward to it.
I definitely want to replace a few of the plastics and it looks like someone I know can do direct-to-plastics-printing for me. As I have a laser cutter at my disposal that should open up a few options with regards to replacements. I will keep you updated should there be some progress in regards to that.
Will have a bit of catching up to do, 22 pages, nice thread. Proud to be a part of it now.
One question to you all: As the game is pretty quick there is not as much time as i would like as a newbie to check the DMD for prompts what to do for the various missions. I have not yet read the rule sheet as I think this ruins a bit of the fun of a new machine because back in the 90's there would be ne role sheet to read through for on-location games and the internet was not as vast as it is today. Would you recommend figuring things out on my own or would it make sense to look at the rule sheet from the very beginning?

Welcome to the club, you in for a lot of fun. You'll learn a lot from reading past posts so please do so. Many club members have much experience with repairing the game should you need it. It sounds like you may have what others need...plastics for the game because no one makes them so you could become VERY popular.

#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from Nycon:

I did a bit of reading in this thread and am about 1/3 in. My JM has the metal diverter on the left lane of the matrix ramp, but that is a part that can easily be made from laser-cut and bent acrylics. If anyone of you is interested in a completely clear version I will give it a try, shoud be done in a jiffy. I would only charge S&H for this, but it still amounts to 7$ (inernational). Interested? Send me a PM.

I have the metal one so I'm good but thanks.

1 week later
#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Just finished working with Pinbits to create a PETG plastic protector set for JM.
Scanned, test-fit and installed. I anticipate it will be on the pinbits.com site soon for purchase.
All screened plastics are protected, even the one atop the left ramp.
-Brian

That's great. When will they be for sale?

3 weeks later
#1093 9 years ago

Sounds like your goin to town on it. Let us know how those pf decals work. No idea about the dolphin mod.

#1101 9 years ago

No idea what the noise is. Have fun with the new toy.

#1116 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Troubleshot my first glove issue with my JM. See this thread for progress and the "so far" fix.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-glove-problems
On a lighter note, a small order from Marco came in !!!
Got some more coming this week from Comet, CoinTaker, Cliffy, Pinball Life, and somewhere overseas where the full cabinet decals can be bought...

20150204_213911.jpg 210 KB

#1117 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just ordered PinSound.
Should be here this month...and it's going right into Johnny. Hopefully, will have some luck with adding some fresh new music to the pin.

#1118 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What's the price for a JM. I have one as temp trade but might have to find one permanently.

$1800-$2500

#1136 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yes you need to clean off ALL of the old adhesive and then reapply new adhesive. The new stuff is called 3M 467MP they have it at pinrestore.com I found something on the web to tell you how to do it. You pretty much clean and dry the decals, stick them to the adhesive and then CAREFULLY remove them from the 3M tape thing. That is the hardest part if you don't do it right the adhesive does not look clear. You can clean them and try again though. Then just re-apply to the ramps. I took lots of pictures. The decals are pretty tough so don't get to worried about them they held together well, at least mine did.
Really not that bad in the end particularly if your ramps are not in good shape. Good luck!

Great advise. Gotta love Pinside.

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I started working on making the flipper buttons illuminated tonight. I followed vid's guide here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-lighted-flipper-buttons-for-418
Overall, it was a very tedious job - took a lot more lil tools and tidbits than I thought it would. First half took me two hours to do as I was constantly re-measuring, double-checking things, thinking of better ways, going through things to make sure everything was insulated .... it is such a simple lil' upgrade but to do everything right and keep your JM safe, man.....
I took a couple pictures of the process and the final product on the left side. Doing the right side now, enjoy!

20150208_002652.jpg 44 KB

20150208_002638.jpg 93 KB

20150207_234107.jpg 232 KB

20150207_223903.jpg 109 KB

20150207_223432.jpg 197 KB

20150207_225148.jpg 88 KB

20150207_225225.jpg 121 KB

20150207_230834.jpg 232 KB

Yup I've been doing mine for a while now but have been putting 2 sockets for each button and it REALLY lights them up. I'm lucky though a place in town sells the wired 47 sockets for 15 cents each so I get by super cheap. Here's a tip, turn the hex nut around, that will give you more button surface area to gather the led light. Every little bit helps.

Also, Comet just came out with their dual flex head 555 and 47 bulbs so you can now put 2 leds pointing at the button from one socket. I could actually have 4 pointing at each button now if I wanted.

IMGA0862.JPGIMGA0862.JPG
#1142 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just curious, in your picture the hex nut looks like mine with the "hollow side" facing out. Is this just an old picture? I was wondering if I could flip them around like you suggested - thank you for the tip!
Wish I had known about the 2 LED-flex bulbs; I just made an order last week .

You have yours like mine hollow side out, I should have zoomed in on your pictures before I said anything. Sorry about that. I just ordered the double head for all of mine, 4 leds lighting each button....can ya say OVER KILL.

#1144 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Me too !!!!! I also ordered white transparent buttons this time. I think using colored transparent buttons is killing the effect. We'll see soon!

The red buttons are the only ones that really look good and with 4 led's instead of 2 for each button I think it will be sun glasses time. I have the white clear buttons in a game and the blue make them look a whithish blue but I'll see what they look like with 4 blue leds in them.

#1153 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dog flipping gone it, you're right. And I just made my order with Art lastnight . It'll have to wait until the next order.

Good thing Art doesn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping like most places do.

#1167 9 years ago

Yes those dual flex, from Comet right, are great. I used 2 regular flex on each button when I first put them in, now each button will have 4 leds lighting them up. I hope I don't melt the buttons.

1 week later
#1175 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Well, my wife and I installed the decals tonight. I do not have the physical room to remove the PF, and I was not comfortable with trying to make it work without proper space. It was actually not TOO bad working around it. Basically, we utilized some trigger clamps and put the front of the decals in palce. We would remove the clamp at the very edge closest to the coin door and begin to apply the decal, leaving enough loose decal to continnue peeling the protective back off more and more as we went. The tricky area was obviously where the cabinet and the PF meet and hinge next to each other. There, we peeled a lot more of the protective backing off and slowly worked around the PF until we made it to the back box. From there, we utilized an X-acto knife and made the appropriate cuts around the inside of the cabinet to make the decals fit as they should. Did not take too long at all, maybe 25 minutes or so total.
Thank you to WeirPinball for the advice on how to do this with the PF in place. We knocked it out of the park!
These decals are on eBay in the link from a previous post only one or two above this one, and they are VERY nice. Laminated vinyl, and it is not a "one shot deal" if you apply them and then need to move them around a bit. You have some forgiveness time to re-apply as you install with these.
Before and after pictures provided below.

20150221_231741.jpg 317 KB

20150221_183201.jpg 323 KB

20150221_231750.jpg 346 KB

20150221_183208.jpg 312 KB

20150221_183217.jpg 335 KB

20150221_231728.jpg 330 KB

They make the game look soooo much better, more complete. Nice job.

1 week later
#1189 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm currently restoring a JM, so am posting here just in order to joining the club

Welcome to the club.

#1190 9 years ago

Hey guys, I'm going to be replacing the x y nuts this weekend, I have the parts and the lube but was wondering if the How-tos by blondetall and others cover it all or do I still have to take pictures. I've pulled and taken apart and replaced the matrix with no problem so I imagine the hand isn't that much more trouble. Thanks

#1195 9 years ago

Well life got in the way and I wasn't able to do it this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

1 week later
#1200 9 years ago

Oh man that purdy, love the chrome T molding too.

#1204 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Added a couple of RGB strips to my JM.
The pair underneath the glass channel is beautiful
» YouTube video

VERY nice, that really adds a lot to the hand area. I like it.

#1227 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Now my JM will be nearing $4k with the ColorDMD.

You'll be keeping for a while then I take it.

1 week later
#1266 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

This mod is amazing.......Now I just need to figure out how to incorporate the jackpot chart into this disk thing and it'll look like I MEANT to do it!!

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 5.45.20 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

What is it supposed to do?

#1302 9 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Been in the club for a little while, but thought I would post up some decent shots of my JM as I have just finished a whole boatload of stuff. Game has:
-New flippers, installed the proto black. Red superbands.
-New pop parts. Caps, bodies, rings etc replaced.
-Colour DMD (probably my favorite part)
-LED's, GI, under playfield and backbox. LED flashers. Saw that people went with a lot of blue for this machine, having a practically all blue BSD next to it I decided to go for red/orange/green with a little blue for the ramp with Jones
-Re rubbered (of course!) and cleaned.
-Mods! Green pop caps. Red lighted star posts around slings.
-Brand new left ramp as the old one was smashed.
-New spinner decal.
-Replaced smashed and knackered posts.
-ROM updated from 1.1 to 1.2 with LED non ghosting effects.
-Cliffys on left ramp and middle ramp to prevent breaking. (Don't want that brand new ramp smashing!)
Love this game since I got it, so decided to put a bit of love back in, overall probably around 20 hours of hard work and 3-4 hours of tweaking and fiddling.
DSCF5786.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5782.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5778.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5761.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5765.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5762.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5767.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5768.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5770.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSCF5773.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Most excellent job and pictures, love the lit star posts.

#1320 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Talking to the printer, putting the custom ramp decal's design together things are looking good! PM me with some requests and interest. Right now I am leaning towards something that ties in a little better with the pf/theme then 'industrial'. More tech/circuitry based.
IDEALLY these would be EL inked. For the first run through I plan on going towards glow in the dark or UV reactive and then putting a UV lamp kit together that would go with the decals. I figure I can get a decent price for the lamps if I buy a bunch then pass on the savings.
I have some time this weekend but to be realistic......we're looking at June launch. So you can bug me but be patient! I want this to be a community project so your ideas are welcome.
Funny, necessity (I need ramp decals) IS the mother of invention! Once I have something to show I will start a new thread.
Also the pieces for the Johnny Drive should be coming.....this weekend. Also talking to the printer about that one. Lots coming this SUMMER!!!!

Cool, sounds like your gonna be the JM go to guy for trick mods.

#1326 9 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Tricked out with cold cathodes.
2015-04-04 23.34.35.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Also ordered a liquid neon cold cathode to mount over the hands, should give it a shimmering, "bottom-of-the-pool" style lighting effect:
» YouTube video

Those look great, they have a nice even, easy on the eye glow to them.

#1328 9 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Just joined this club today. Picked one up that has several issues, typical cab fade, but decent playfield. My first Williams DMD, so we'll see how this turns out.

Welcome and I hope it plays good for you.

#1337 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hey gang - looking to join the club. Found one that seems a bit over priced so I am going to go comb it over and perhaps make an offer. I will try to report back with pics; but I don't know the game too well. Any advice on the troublesome spots on pf? I have heard the glove is biggest issue but would love any advice on other pf pitfalls. Thanks

Make sure the translight is good, can't get them anywhere.

#1338 9 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Thanks, I have to troubleshoot a glove issue were the magnet remains energized, and randomly drops the ball, or not at all. Also the glove fails the hand test, wondering if that is connected with the magnet issue.

Can't help ya with that, sorry. Others can I'm sure.

#1345 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

this thing is getting to be a PITA!!

Yeah these games will nickle and dime ya to death. And people wonder why the price of these older games keeps goin up, this is one of the reasons.

#1349 9 years ago

Good to see the new blood coming in with love for JM. Thanks guys.

#1376 9 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

"Loop it through Jones!"
New dolphin mod. $25 shipped.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/19504

Is it made of a material that would light up if you put a light in it?

#1381 9 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I use ABS filament. The walls are thick and there is a honeycomb structure inside. Simply putting a light inside might not have the affect you're hoping for. I played around with the design and attempted to put some lights on it. In the end, I decided to keep the cost down.
Please let me know if you have other ideas for this or any other mods.
Jeff

Yeah that material won't work.

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For a nice JM, I'd say the price is starting to keep around $2000-$2100.
That's a machine with a functional glove and a faded cabinet - to me - that's what should you should be ready to spend.
You get one with a perfect PF, no crack plastics, 100% fully working with a clean cabinet under the PF = going up to about $2300.
You get one with perfect unfaded cabinet decals = $2500+
Get one with all of that and a ColorDMD = approaching $3000+
Of course, this is all subjective.

+1

1 week later
#1406 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Does anyone else have rubbers on the nubs on your matrix pf? Looking at pics around the net no one seems to have them but some previous owner had some rubbers on there. Thoughts?

I do, they are meant to hold the ball in place when it is on the plastic of each hole. If you take them off to clean that piece DO NOT over tighten them when you put them back on or they will crack. If you want to really light up the plastics on that use red flex to position the light for each hole. It works great.

#1411 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Red FLEX for the WIN - Great idea - I was wondering what I'd do to get them nicely lighted!

Glad to help, the flex shine all the light through the crack under the wood piece to light up the roll over button. Been thinking of trying Comets double flex red for each one.

#1427 8 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Just got my HUO JM setup today and wow this thing is amazing!! It is super minty. Not a single mark or nick on the playfield and the plastics are perfect. It has a full Cointaker Kit as well!! Everything is original and it looks like it has less than 100 plays on it lol. I ordered the ColorDMD for it and some inside rail decals. All the hardware is coming off and headed to the powder coater for some bling. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Sounds great but how's the cab fade.

#1429 8 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Cab fade is inevitable with this pin it seems. I'm redoing the cab next week.

Sounds like a plan.

#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Here's the way my JM arrived!!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-774.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-422.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-956.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-559.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-285.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That looks to be in very nice shape, but your missing the left out lane adjustable post and rubbers.

#1495 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Don't do that, please.....agodfrey may believe!!!

Hey I'm rich and can afford it.

#1497 8 years ago

Heck with that....I'll buy ALL of them and give them away.

#1501 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

PS....so far thinking $998 might be the sweet spot......

I'll bet.

#1505 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hey guys! Happy to say I just purchased my second pin and joined the club. Very excited about this game. Found a great deal from a homeowner who was not a pinball collector. All the bulbs were burnt out and he didn't even know how to open the back box! He had owned it for 8 years. Miraculously, no battery damage. Just spent the last week shopping out the game and it is in fabulous shape!
A question - during my shop job, I added target foam to the standup targets near both out lanes. Now the targets are not registering. Do you guys have foam on those targets? Maybe I just need to adjust the leafs? It's only my second game - so I am still a noob on a lot of little things. This may be one of those noob issues.

I suggest slicing off a little of the foam first on one and see if that helps, adjusting the leafs can be tricky if you don't have the tool especially for a noob.

#1508 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Thanks guys. I may try to slice a layer off with a razor blade before I attempt to adjust. I do have the tool- as someone told me it was an essential - but I am yet to adjust any switches. This may be my first attempt.
Everything else is fully working - except - the dreaded slow moving hand. I have read several threads and it sounds like the solution is new x and y nuts and lubrication. But my question - is there any good videos for this project you all recommend? A "one stop shop" for doing a good hand job? As JM owners, Are you guys all sick of the "hand job" jokes? I will make that my first and last one.

For lubing it up this is the best stuff.

IMGA0893.JPGIMGA0893.JPG
#1513 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Thanks for sharing this info. I'm going to take a crack at this disassemble and repair tomorrow night. Just so I understand what to lubricate - you guys put the grease inside the two motor gear boxes and then just use an oil lubrication on the two rods (x and y)? Or grease on both? Any other areas need lubrication? I don't want to go crazy. The Blondie blog is great, but his pictures are hard to follow. Maybe it will make more sense once I disassemble.
EDIT: I re-read it. Sounds like he is greasing the rods and using oil to lubricate brass bushings on ends. Hopefully one I have it all apart it will make more sense.

Yes lube the gear box and the rods with the grease but don't go crazy with it. On the rods wipe the new grease on then wipe it off real good and keep doing it till the rag comes off clean then wipe on the last coat and leave it on. By doing that it gets all the old grease off so you'll know you have nothing but new grease on them. This is really good grease so it doesn't take much.

#1526 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Light blue container dome cover will go back in the store for those looking for one. It lights up nicely. It think the light blue goes well with the overall playfield coloring.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Now if we could get modfather to paint them up to look like a real container. Did the containers in the movie have names on them? Calling modfather...calling modfather.

#1537 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

putting my cab out in the desert for a few weeks for the ultra premium white edition

But you live in Ohio.

#1539 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ohio is Not desert like?

I think he's pulling out leg.

#1543 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I can teleport....can't you?

No mine is broke. You think finding a good pin tech is hard try finding a good teleporter tech.

#1545 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey man, so nice knowing you will be able to bring my new $ 998,99 JM CD mod and deliver it to me in person anytime! It will be my pleasure to receive you for a visit!

When it's fixed no problem, I REALLY want to cruze your topless beaches.

#1553 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

confirmed that the price will be sub $898....pre-orders being taken*
* NO GUARANTEE YOU'LL EVER GET THE DRIVE WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER. BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW ORDERING NEVER WORKS TO ENSURE THE PRODUCT IS RELEASED. THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT IS TO ORDER IT ONCE RELEASED

WOW!!! a 100 bucks plus off if I preorder that's a deal. For that kind of savings I'll take my chances. Even IF the software isn't complete.

#1556 8 years ago

Uhhhh I like um both, please continue. A metallic foil would really pop and I'll bet it would shimmer as you moved side to side or up and down as you looked at it. I'd like one. And if you could come up with something that could continue the ray pattern on the crappy black plastic channel that the tl sits in that would REALLY be cool.

IMGA0919.JPGIMGA0919.JPG

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Really like this and would be interested in one, the only SMALL issue I have that would put me off is the Williams logo is no longer there and I like having that on the current speaker panel. Any way to incorporate it?

That would cause licensing problems big time.

#1567 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

"Johnny Mnemonic"

Probably.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

"Ultimate Hard Drive"

Probably not.

I'd want no writing on mine.

#1569 8 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Anyone have an extra spinner decal I can buy off of them? Marco has one, but the fact he won't put it in an envelope and ship it, instead of charging $8 shipping for a sticker really pisses me off.

If I had an order in with them I'd get it then mail it to you. Can anyone do that for bowz?

#1590 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

20150524_131753.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice original poster.

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks man! It was great to meet you too! Definitely a cool vibe between us; you could tell we both are in this hobby to make things better, learn how things work, trade war stories, and just "play some pin and 'relax'" - given our definition of "relax" is to scream, yell, swear a lil', and do all sorts of freakouts when things go good or bad - I wouldn't have it any other way!
Thanks again for the gift, btw! The place to get 8-32 hex spacers in Dayton is here:
http://www.midwestsurplus.net/
And if you ever want to lose yourself in one of the ULTIMATE DIY stores in downtown Dayton:
http://meci.com/
Like seriously....Mendelson's has ANYTHING you could ever think of....as evidenced in this video:
» YouTube video
Read the reviews here...don't take my word for it: http://www.yelp.com/biz/mendelsons-liquidation-outlet-dayton

How would you put a price on all those parts.

#1593 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

No joke, the prices are written on the boxes they sit in. If they sit on shelves, there is a an inventory list with static prices on components.

Dang.

#1602 8 years ago

Lookin goooood. I've got 3 double spots in those locations also, they REALLY help.

#1617 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Was working on a GI issue that was blowing fuses then I put the play field down and *pop* Figure that wasn't a good sound or smell.
The good news, I have found the source of my fuse blowing issue and my GI issue all in one. A washer causing a short.
Now I need some help finding a board and where this green wire goes. Appreciate the help
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.28.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.28.31 PM.png
Also my glove is now saying no X movement, and the start button doesn't look to work, but lights up. This happened at the same time and I plan on working on the glove this summer.
post.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.27.55 PM.png

Yeah that trace is fried.

#1618 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The under playfield flasher between the pops is not very bright due to the playfield colors over it. Any suggestions for a badass flasher for that spot?
I don't normally like a bright flasher but I cant really see this one.

Try a white 8 led flat top flasher, regular or flex from Comet, that should be bright enough for ya.

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Totally fried. Anyone have a spare or know where I can get a board? Might be cheaper then fighting with it.

Well Rob Anthony does board work. Try looking for a new one at Marco.

#1637 8 years ago

They look great, I only need one piece but it doesn't have a number on it. Could you put a number on each piece in the pictures to make sure those of us who only need a few pieces get the right ones. Thanks.

#1639 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

or even just a few pieces of it, just PM me!

There ya go agodfrey.

1 week later
#1678 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Has anyone done star post lamps or a shooter lane light?
The posts on my JM are black, so they have to be replaced to use a light. I was looking to illuminate the shooter lane. There is a post right behind the ball eject. I changed it to blue and added a post light tied to the GI. It's nice but does not illuminate a big area, just enough to notice the ball. I'm undecided if I will add something else. The auto launcher takes up some space where I might have but a light in the shooter lane.
I'm on vacation and don't have any pics to share.

Check out my "T3 ramp light-up" topic in All Modding. Those strip will look great in a shooter lane. It's just what your looking for. They are only 1/3rd as wide as a regular strip and have more leds and the leds are closer together and are they bright.

IMGA0869.JPGIMGA0869.JPG
IMGA0870.JPGIMGA0870.JPG
IMGA0888.JPGIMGA0888.JPG

#1685 8 years ago

I myself really don't like the cd's covering the speaker holes so if that's the way it comes I'll bow out. On another note have you seen the speaker decal Aurich made? The light blue on them seems to glow when the game is on so I was wondering if your light blue could do the same thing. Maybe ask Aurich about the color?

#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Hm.....sounds to me like maybe two versions.

If that's the case I'll take one without the cds. Now if Mezelmods would come out with 3 inch chrome throwing stars for the speaker grills that would be waaaay cool. I'd buy color changing speaker lights and put the lights on first then the stars on the grill then the speaker, in that order. I did that on my Mustang which has the Mustang chrome running horse, like on the grill of the car and the color changing lights REALLY lights it up in ever changing color and the 3D effect is great.

#1693 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I agree.....chrome throwing stars would be pretty cool......

Calling Mezelmods....calling Mezelmods. Where is he when ya need him.

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I agree.....chrome throwing stars would be pretty cool......

Can you PhotoShop something like that to give us an idea of what it would look like?

#1696 8 years ago

Hey cool Tim. Your smaller 3D printed chromed stars would look kick ass as speaker plastics because they would have depth, they wouldn't be just a flat piece of plastic so the speaker lights would really light them up nicely and give them depth.

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

What are the limitations to ensure sound quality stays up?

That's why I suggested the 3 inch size. The star design is fairly open too so there would be plenty of room for the highs to get out.

#1702 8 years ago

I just wonder how much the 3D chrome ones would be...Tim could 3D print them but I know the vapor deposit chrome process aint cheap so the final price for a pair would be, $30 ???

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll take "Install something other than the 20 year old speakers for $500" please, Alex.

To funny. I'll take "Put a seperate audio amp and eq in it" for $1000.

#1707 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Looks like I will do a few of the CD versions and then the rest without the CD. If you want a CD and you haven't already contacted me please let me know. Seems that one will be the LE/Premium edition, ha. Right now the vents are about 1/8" I am going to up that to 1/4" should help alleviate some fears. And if you have NPO's speaker setup you could put a brick wall in front and it wouldn't stop it!!

Test-v3STARS.jpg
Test-v2.jpg

Sounds good. Is the plex printed on the back? Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it.

#1710 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Also does anyone have a quick tip for taking apart and cleaning the Cyber Matrix? I have most of the play field clear right now.

Comes apart easily and just clean the plastics like any other plastic and the top like you would the pf. Change the bulbs out for red flex cuz you can point the light through the slits and when you put the little black plastic nubs back on top of the wood part DO NOT overtighten the little screws, they will crack. And DO NOT lose one of the springs, the only place that has them is Australia and it like $18 shipped for one. I know...I had to buy one.

1 week later
#1726 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Ok - so just finished dialing in Johnny - everything is working perfectly and it's ready for Pintastic! Looking forward to a great show.
Only issue: I was buffing out the plastic speaker panel and my buffer caught and broke it! If anyone has a spare - hook a brother up!!
Now that JM is fully working it's tough, deep, and challenging.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully agodfreys new panel will be available soon.

#1728 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

YES! Hopefully. I may need to change suppliers. Small hold up getting it right....sheesh. But I have two very good options out there looking at it. SOON, VERY SOON!!! Ahhhhh

Thanks for the update, a "few" of us are waiting for it.

#1732 8 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Anyone have this problem? the mech works just fine but the sound is painful. i oiled everything i think i can oil back there but that didn't work.
» YouTube video

First off don't oil anything use silicone grease, second you need new x-y nuts and third your gear box needs to be taken apart, cleaned and new grease put in. Past club pages can show you how to do it. Have fun.

#1737 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

My first pin and first owner's club is JM! I just finished paying for this one on Ebay. Has the normal cabinet fade. Playfield looks decent. Guy accepted $1900 for it. Says it's working 100%. I know to test the hand. Any other things to lookout for when I go pick it up. Here is the auction with pics if anyone wants to take a look: ebay.com link » Johnny Mnemonic Pinball Machine Williams W Keanu Reeves

Oh man is that pf dirty, you have your work cut out for you. Original asking price was waaaaay out of line.

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

Here is the playfield on mine after a little bit of cleaning. Wow is it filthy. It plays 100%, but it needs a lot of little things. I guess this makes for a good first pin to learn on. I have a few pressing questions, but will read this thread front to back first. Anyone interested in sales data, I negotiated to $1700 for this one. Operator in Charlotte NC. It was literally his last pin.

jm.jpg

That's a good price then, just as long as you don't need any plastics cuz ya can't get them anywhere. LED'd really make the game pop and add a couple double spot lights, they light up the center of the pf really nicely. I put 3 on mine.

#1763 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Unless of course you don't mind using new reproduction ones!
20150602_222402.jpg

I must be loosing my mind, completely forgot about those. Sorry.

#1765 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Who said tele-transportation do not cause side effects?

#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Does anyone recognize this plastic? Came with my set but can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. It doesn't fit near Crazy Bob's.....not sure where else it would go.....

400630-i.jpeg

I don't see it anywhere on my game.

#1775 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

I've never seen anyone on here mention the "Hardcoat" put on these tables. The operators manual mentions that mylar is only necessary in certain spots because of the hardcoat product. I thought the middle of the playfield had mylar on it, but now I don't think it ever did. I've gone over this playfield very well, and only found small to small medium size pieces of in various places. I have frozen it all off, and gone over the areas with Goof Off pro, which is basically naptha. The adhesive came right up and the paint as a looks great and has a brilliant shine. I'm guessing this is that hardcoat prodcut.
It's noticeable elsewhere on the playfield. The middle of the playfield seems to have this haze to it. I've gone over with 91% isopropyl, magic eraser, and microfiber cloth. It does not go away. This haze is only viewable at an angle, and appears to be over the paint. The paint overall looks great. If you see the front of the cab, you'll see it turned bright yellow. This was clearly left with the sun facing the playfield. Is this haze some kind of long term reaction with the sun? The place where the slingshots were is the best place to see what i'm talking about. Nice and shiny where they were, just outside, very hazy.
There is is also some kind of ball wear. You'll see a line in some common places up top and in & out lanes. It's really only noticeable at certain angles. The paint does not appear to affected at all. One shot is with the playfield propped up and the light not directly on it. It's the angle you don't see the haze and lines.
What should I do here?

20150706_154255_007.jpg 20150706_154251.jpg 20150706_154455.jpg 20150706_154723.jpg 20150706_153943.jpg 20150706_154002.jpg 20150706_154019.jpg 20150706_154125.jpg

If you zoom in on your 3rd and last picture, on the light reflection you'll see thousands upon thousands of dimples. Your pf is dull because the factory clear has been pounded flat in spots and that pounding dulled the finish, that's why I suggested polishing it with Treasure Cove. It's very easy to see dimples on a new game because it's so shiny, the more dimples you get the duller the pf becomes if you don't keep it waxed and a steel ball just rolling over that thin factory clear or any clear for that matter hundreds of thousands of times takes it toll too.

#1780 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

You'll notice all my miniposts and a few other items are still in the playfied. I have removed the bots, but they won't budge. I've read up on how to fix the damage caused by these coming out wrong (saw dust and wood glue)... but is there way to get them out without doing any damage?

Put the nuts back on but not all the way, just till all the threads are covered and then tap them to push the post out the top of the pf. Once the nut is to the pf loosen the nut a few turns and repeat. That way you won't mess up the post threads.

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I think I'm going to move forward with that top version. Most versatile. And MODDABLE....hahah

How about the rays starting right at the dmd opening. What does that look like?

#1785 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

They do start right at the edges of the DMD. I popped that still in there just so you could get an idea of what it looks like but the ray will start right on the edges of the DMD if that's what you mean.

It just looks like there is a black border, top, left and bottom of the dmd image on the right. I'll take one with the speaker cut outs.

#1791 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

that worked like a champ! Thank you!

Your very welcome. That's an old mechanics trick I learned working on my Mustang about 45 years ago. If you just pound on the end of the bolt your gonna mushroom the beginning threads and you'll never be able to get a nut back on.

#1795 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Here is a video of my JM without GI OCD and one with GI OCD. This thing made a huge difference
Without: » YouTube video
With: » YouTube video

Yup it's a huge difference. you should see what it did for my T3, NASCAR and Avatar. WOW!!! I gotta get it for my JM one of these days.

#1803 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Wanted to give everybody a heads up, Pinbits has made a ramp flap kit for Johnny Mnemonic:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_88&products_id=634
The flaps are made of stainless steel, and the kit includes the complete set of all six flaps needed for this game. I drilled out my old flaps and sent them to Pinbits so they could get the measurements - a huge thanks to them for taking this on. I received my new set in the mail a few days back, and they look fantastic!

Thanks for doing that, got pictures.

#1808 8 years ago

Thanks. If ya don't have a pop riveter ya better get one. That's a lot of rivets.

#1810 8 years ago

I will be using a rivet press - better results (closer to factory original) than a pop riveter.

That's what I meant to say...I know the difference.

That being said, the Pinbits kit comes with a pressless rivet kit included.

Really, that's good to know.

#1812 8 years ago

lol
Glad I am using my original ramps, since there would be a lot more drilling and riveting going on to install new repro ramps. JM ramps have a ton of riveted items - the left ramp alone has 14 rivets (not counting the flap rivets).

WOW, I never counted them before.

2 weeks later
#1840 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

And so the rebuild begins! Thanks to Ninja Boot for the machine. agodfrey ~ Loved reading your thread.

Screen_Shot_2015-07-29_at_10.46.16_PM.png

Can't zoom in enough to see the condition. Start a resto thread, I'd like to follow along, so would others I'll bet.

#1873 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Test print is back. Looks good. Going to get it up and triple check Should be back online in short order.

test.jpg

Where's the speaker cut-outs??? Don't tell me we are going to have to cut them ourselves.

1 week later
#1908 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?
ebay.com link » Johnny Mnemonic Promo Pinball Speaker Cutout Nos Rare

I think they are gonna have them for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

#1911 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

The REALLY funny thing about this post is that these are not even for JM - Johnny speaker grills are rectangular!

That's REALLY REALLY funny cuz my cut-outs are round....only the printing on the speaker panel is square not rectangular printed.

#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Huh?? Mine are triangular!?!

Well we always knew you were an odd duck.

#1918 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Geez, turned on the machine last night to a message that factory defaults and bookkeeping defaults had been restored. Error, there was a short in ground 2 white-red. Pinballs missing.
Restarted and it worked fine, but all my scores are gone.

Are your batteries good?

1 week later
#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Is this the purple one?image.jpg

No, it's the one in post #1835.

#1960 8 years ago

They look great ..... but unfortunatly I just sold my Johnny today, sad to see him go but I needed the space. I had him for a year and a half and have many fond memories of alot of happy hours together, he left in better shape then when I got him. He went to a good home so I know he'll be well cared for, maybe even a color dmd, the new owner likes those. See you guys on the flip flop.

#1962 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Sad to see you go. Mayve you'll be back...maybe I'll see ya in a different club. Good journey.

050f20dd7b92b17866092f1ed1348609be1af6-wm.jpg

Hey thanks, I don't think I'll be back, Johnny and I had our fun. I'm in all kinds of clubs, some I've even started, DE Star Wars, Avatar, BOP non 2.0. Maybe you'll get one of those games and then you can join and who knows maybe come up with a cool mod for them like you did for Johnny. Best of luck with this mod....the new owner knows of this mod.

#1967 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey Paul, you'll be missed on this thread.... Anyway, I think you should have sold your broken tele-transportantion machine instead of a fully working JM pinball, but who am I to judge, right?

Thanks much, Tom will take good care of it. I'll look in every once in a while to keep an eye on you wild and crazy guys. My teleporter is still wonky, every transport turns out like in the movie The Fly.

#1971 8 years ago

That's the way it should have come from the factory. Looks GREAT.....WELL worth your effort.

#1987 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Puck...I will give it another chance from the very start of the movie. Like I said, I missed a lot of it....plus I need to play the pin a bunch more too. One is for sale locally....what would be a great price to buy one at?

Depending on condition $1900-$2300.

#1989 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I just gave 2100 for one with real bad cab fade and had to rebuild the hand gear boxes, but the playfield was so nice, Only 1 broken plastic and full leds with 3 led strips and a lot of extra spot lights. New glass and new legs. Very happy with it.

and don't forget the folding drink holder.

#1992 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I just gave 2100 for one with real bad cab fade and had to rebuild the hand gear boxes, but the playfield was so nice, Only 1 broken plastic and full leds with 3 led strips and a lot of extra spot lights. New glass and new legs. Very happy with it.

So Tom did you get one of agodfrey's new speaker panel plastics? They're GREAT.

#2012 8 years ago

That adds alot to the looks of the game. Very nice.

#2017 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Installed agodfrey DMD panel. Very pleased with the results. I've got blue in now but I will try the purple too.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Man that looks nice, now ya gotsta light up the speaker holes.

#2037 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Just picked up my Johnny...having hand issues where as it's making considerable noise moving left to right and seems to have difficulty returning to home....
Any thoughts?

Yup the gear box needs to be cleaned of the old grease and new grease added. Use the Super Lube brand that's good stuff, it clings to the parts and doesn't fly off

#2041 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Just the nuts - unless you see something stripped on the rods which I believe is rare. The nuts are the weak point.

Yes the rods are made of a stronger steel while the nuts are made of a softer steel, so the nuts "sacrifice" themselves.

#2043 8 years ago

Also wipe the rod down with the good grease, then wipe it off. Keep doing that till the rag shows nothing but clean grease. That removes any contaminants that are in the old grease.

1 month later
#2138 8 years ago

That guy would be waking up from a nice nap if he treated one of my games like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.