20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1897 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I love how the glove schematic is not numbered in the manual.

lol. Tell me about it.

1 month later
#2068 8 years ago

I don't think it can be beat, you just make it last as long as possible and get as many points as possible.

3 months later
#2216 8 years ago

I'm finally shopping out my JM. The x-motion of the hand didn't work (surprise, surprise). It apparently wasn't the first time the game had this problem, as my x-nut was quite the hack!

Here's a picture of the old (handcrafted) and new (genuine) x-nut. I'm actually impressed at the ingenuity that went into hacking this together. What looks like it might have been a big t-nut had the threads, and the bigger piece was bent to keep from rotating freely.

IMG_20160110_212345_(resized).jpgIMG_20160110_212345_(resized).jpg

#2217 8 years ago

Also, what's the proper setup of washers and nuts on the lever to lift balls off the matrix?

Edit: actually, I just found it on page 2-25 in the manual. Nevermind!

IMG_20160110_214530_(resized).jpgIMG_20160110_214530_(resized).jpg

#2218 8 years ago

The bill of materials calls for five red lamp covers (condoms). My game had them, I removed them without taking pictures, and I can't figure out where they go!

So... where do they go!?

#2220 8 years ago

Thanks for the pictures! I revisted my pictures once I knew what to look for, and I found that I did take pictures! (This is what happens when you take too long to shop out a game!)

IMG_20150809_164332_(resized).jpgIMG_20150809_164332_(resized).jpg

IMG_20150809_164340_(resized).jpgIMG_20150809_164340_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2234 8 years ago

As I'm preparing to reassemble my Johnny Mnemonic, I'd probably be stupid not to buy the plastic protectors, right? All of my plastics are in good shape.

#2237 8 years ago

Goodbye, $40.
Hello, plastic protectors.

At least I already know how to attach that one that sticks out to the left of Crazy Bob's.

Ugh. Now do I need to buy Cliffys, too!?

2 weeks later
#2295 8 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

Could the X and Y nuts be the culprit

X nut is a possible culprit. If you can slide the glove left and right and the nut slips on the threaded shaft, that's a problem with the X nut.

3 weeks later
#2338 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

perfect example today for approx $1500

Whaaat. I paid more than that for the dirtiest game I've ever seen.

But hey, it's clean now!

#2343 8 years ago

I finally diagnosed and solved a strange "ball in hand error" that had been plaguing me for a little while. I figure it's worth documenting because I've never seen it mentioned elsewhere, and it's not very straightforward.

So, I'd occasionally get a "Ball in Hand Error", even though I knew my ball in hand switch was working fine. Every time the error and credit dot popped up, it'd go away as soon as the ball was loaded into the hand. In switch test, it never failed...

The clue to what was going on was that in attract mode, after sitting for 10 minutes or so, the game would suddenly start moving the hand. Intermittent and spontaneous problems like this got me thinking opto problem.

So I put the game in switch test mode and walked away. 10 minutes later, I heard a quick "beep beep". I ran to the game, and the display said the last switch to trigger was the VUK opto. Bingo. This was exactly what I expected, actually.

The problem was that the VUK opto would occasionally flicker, and the game would think there's a ball in the popper. It'd try to kick it to the glove to clear it, and because the ball in hand switch didn't detect the non-existent ball, the game reported a ball in hand error.

The fix: well, I wiggled all the wires to the optos but didn't find any bad connections. So all I did was clean the optos. I haven't seen it happen again, but if I do I'll either do a more thorough cleaning, or I'll replace the optos.

And that's the story of my very misleading "ball in hand error".

#2347 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

Does anyone have an experience like this and can perhaps give me some tips on where to look next to solve this issue?

So you've got motor problems rather than switch problems. That's good to know.

So your motors aren't moving at all, right? Do the flashers work? Those use the same 20 V power source as the motors.

Oh wait, is the coin door closed for all your testing?

Check LED 5 on the power driver board for the presence of 20 volts. It should be lit. This is also power for flashers. Check fuses F111 and F112. The coin door interlock switch can also break this circuit.

Check the three connectors on the motor board under the playfield. Check power driver board connectors J118 (ground), J107 (20 volt power), and J126 (solenoid/flasher drivers to signal movement to the motor board).

Report back!

#2351 8 years ago

Thumbs up!

Keep in mine that the fuse probably (but not necessarily) blew for a reason, i.e. it's sort of likely to blow again until you find and fix whatever was wrong the first time...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 22.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=mot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.