20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankenator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 10 years ago

So glad to finally be in this club, I LOVE me some Johnny! So does completing a mode(s) reward you with more time in Power Down or does it make the shots more valuable during the wizard mode?

#99 10 years ago

Anyone know where to find this matrix diverter piece? Mine is missing and the left hand lane often drops into the middle exit ramp at multiball start. Muchas gracias!

pin.jpgpin.jpg
#118 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are we sure that that part was stock on all JMs?

Yes (as already answered by others), and I only noticed it when watching the official promotional video on youtube with the Gomez interviews. They kept showing closeups of the matrix starting multiball and that piece of metal stood out to me big time as my game rarely sends the left 3 balls into the pops without it.

2 weeks later
#172 10 years ago

Don't forget to use the AWARD BONUS after you've double held your 4x spinner millions... I ended up with 59.7 Billion that way the other day man it was fun because ever since JM has been kicking my A**!!

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack
4.Frankenator

1 week later
#198 10 years ago

For what it's worth Cliffy has JM listed in his "in progress" section so there could be a chance to upgrade to a metal version at some point as well. I figured I'd spray paint this one with some silver metallic plastic paint I have, but now that you've changed it to clear the clear should be great!

Just put in my order from the link, looking forward to it!

#222 10 years ago

Hey got my diverter in the mail today looks great can't wait to put it on, and what a great application for your 3d printer!

#232 10 years ago

not sure if it's claimed yet but there's the "prototype" white ramp diverter in the pay it forward thread from tmezel

#238 10 years ago

Sorry if this is a spoiler but there is a cheat code that will make the first mode shot up the middle start powerdown when you start a new game (if you ever wanted to either practice the mode or see what's happening on the DMD while it's going on).

Before pressing Start for a new game you clear any codes with both flipper buttons at the same time. Then using Right and Left flipper buttons spell "ACE" with R, L, RRR, L, RRRRR, L as if you were entering initials after a high score but using Left flipper instead of the start button. You will hear an audio tone from the speakers that is confirmation you've entered it successfully. Now your first shot up the middle starts powerdown. If you don't want this "tainted" version to end up on your high scores be sure to shut the machine off before ending your game. Have fun.

#242 10 years ago

If you're ever playing multiball the grid is the same for both player so pay attention when it's not your turn! If the spot you want gets taken you'll have to lock two more before the glove will grab the ball from that position so you can get in there as well.

#260 10 years ago

This game can easily chew you up and spit you out, and it just makes it that much sweeter when you get it going! I have yet to find a pin that returns so many combo shots to the flippers as quickly, it can be blinding at times. To make the game even crazier I have the longer coil stops for my flippers so it's almost impossible to trap the ball (not a steep angle when holding the flipper up) and the slingshots are ridiculously sensitive. I've ordered the other stops to see if I like it better with more flipper travel.

Has anyone on here added spotlights near the flipper/sling area for better visibility? I'm debating on getting some and wanted to see examples beforehand. I might upgrade the LED's in the GI down there as well.

#283 10 years ago

Manic your machine looks fantastic! The stock lighting is so dark if it's the only pin running in an unlit room. Is there something in front of your spinner next to the right ramp entry?

Right now I'm spending on parts to rebuild my machines so they're 100% working... my next order will include spotlights and led strips now thanks to your inspiration

1 week later
#292 10 years ago

I didn't update the clock for daylight savings time so last weekend my brother was playing and at 11:00pm Midnight Madness started on him he got a little freaked out

#315 10 years ago

flipper buttons for lighting are on my next order - seriously great looking right there!

1 month later
#395 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Is anyone else getting old and forgets the left flip when the ball save is activated and the ball ejects SO quickly around the orbit and is on the flipper before you remember it's going to do that?

This happens to most of my guests during multiball when the ball saver auto plunges.

Now in regular play after locking a ball sometimes a plunged ball that doesn't contact any switches gets an auto save. Is that a switchable feature, and if so I wonder which one it is (could be tied to having auto save on at all)... it's nice because you can practice loop passes without too much danger.

1 week later
#433 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The bird has landed (at Cliffys)....

I take it the matrix left-row-exit diverter piece from the earlier discussion is on the "to-do" list?

3 months later
#688 9 years ago

Mine is for sale on Norfolk Craigslist - wanted to give it a good run before sending it off. Put up this score

photo-24.JPGphoto-24.JPG
#691 9 years ago

a big score is ONLY attained by working the spinner mill(bill)ions. after completing the throwing spike awards you can start it over again which provides additional hold bonuses and extra balls. My power down during that game was only mid 5 billions. previous best was 59 billion which I only ever did twice.

#695 9 years ago

I've had games where it does let you go around again and some games or balls it does not. It could be a post-power down feature perhaps someone can take the glass off and mess with it to see what qualifies a re-do.

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So, a few observations in playing tonight:
1) I swear I saw the No Fear skull when I strung a bunch of combos together on the DMD with Steve Ritchie saying "Again"!!!!

You are correct with all your observations except I'm not sure about #5 either I laughed pretty good the first time I saw the skull

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankenator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=frankenator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.