Topic Stats

• 3,519 posts
  • 335 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200422_180024 (resized).jpg
76232B6F-DA36-41F5-AC46-0A719902F775 (resized).jpeg
B2901FE9-F93D-4EB1-B9A9-A4192869903A (resized).jpeg
511F64E2-9C50-47CE-AD4A-77F3E70F5056 (resized).png
955A0700-CE66-4DE9-A379-D3C532A96EE8 (resized).jpeg
7351FC30-DA45-4A02-B28A-BDF926DCD100 (resized).jpeg
6B167FC4-ABE7-4269-BD33-5198755E5FBF (resized).jpeg
20200202_120916 (resized).jpg
20200202_120924 (resized).jpg
image-18 (resized).jpg
image-16 (resized).jpg
20200130_135808 (resized).jpg
20200130_112910 (resized).jpg
93946C3C-3B62-4CD2-9400-8168D11B74D3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
3D2EF3F2-65E7-4592-97E8-EDFA54F12647 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3131 1 year ago

I'm in! Had the pleasure of playing a few nice examples recently and really got into it. Found a local-ish one and pulled it out of a house. Despite signs of being routed, it's overall very clean. Before I bring it inside I was considering masking off the cabinet and airbrushing the faded red, am I nuts?
Was inspired when I saw this guy - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-airbrushing-tutorial

IMG_20181109_171500 (resized).jpg

#3140 1 year ago

Any commonly broke plastics? I'm going to make some UV protectors and possibly some repros.

#3146 1 year ago

Laser cut some fluorescent protectors for the lower plastics and left ramp!
v2 will have the clear part in the middle of the ramp plastic cut out too!
The camera can only capture it so well, but they look killer lit up.

Considering doing a run of these, please PM me if interested.

IMG_20181113_173929 (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_173942 (resized).jpg

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Interested, but would like to see a pic of them installed on the playfield for reference.

Me too I'm shopping out my game currently and should have it back together in another week.

#3150 1 year ago

Put them on to tickle my fancy.
Ordered some more plexi, going to make the return lanes also. Stay tuned.

IMG_20181114_000244 (resized).jpgIMG_20181114_000252 (resized).jpgIMG_20181114_000338 (resized).jpgIMG_20181114_000345 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3163 1 year ago

Does anyone have a playfield scan? I'm looking to make my own playfield protector and can reward you with a free one

1 week later
#3174 1 year ago

While power is applied are you able to turn the shaft?
You can take it to an electric motor shop and have them rewind it

#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from insx:

So I bought this cheap motor on Amazon, glued the gear on the shaft with epoxy because it was loose, put everything back together again and hey presto, working hand![quoted image]

Very cool! Unlike other games that rely on timing, the switches to determine the end of the path drive JM. Assuming that the motor spins backwards if you apply the 12VDC backwards also?

#3184 1 year ago

Finished shopping out my recently acquired JM! I don't go crazy with colored GI these days, but I feel the cyberpunk theme is just asking for it!
The Comet cyan LED's in the pops/rollovers are a must! Perfect match.
Still going to add some LED strips in the back and trough. I replaced the clear plastic on the right ramp and next to crazy bob's with a fluorescent acrylic. Very happy with this! Plays VERY fast!

IMG_20181203_204010_753 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_203711 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181210_203405 (resized).jpg

#3186 1 year ago

This game is pretty hard.
Been playing it almost daily for 2 weeks and still haven't broke the top 5 yet (2.5B). Maybe I'm just not that good

Mine was playing ridiculously fast.
I fixed a flipper that was off a tiny bit and re-leveled it and am getting some cleaner shots and longer ball times.
Still fast as shit!

1 month later
#3192 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

A bit of gameplay from my JM. A full strip of the PF has it playing really well.

Your flasher on the right slingshot doens't seem to be working

3 weeks later
#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Owners manual does not have a rubber list, spacer or post lists either. Where can I find these/part numbers? Thanks.

Titan keeps a user submitted database for all games - https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/2532
I usually check each one and make sure they're consistent, if not, order the one with more rubbers. Titans are nice but I get the PinballLife ones.

As for the light socket, take your pick - https://www.pinballlife.com/lamp-sockets.html

#3224 1 year ago

Here's some shopout photos I sent to a pinsider https://photos.app.goo.gl/u7Kxa4EnmU3THxX87

#3242 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Did you follow any guides when rebuilding your hand? I'm debating rebuilding mine just to have it in good shape.

Take it apart, take a bunch of pictures doing so, clean the old grease off with brake cleaner, reassemble in the reverse order and lube with SuberLube.

#3246 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Thanks guys. I ordered some of the super web grease so once it gets here I'm hoping I can get it all put together. Got some of the Blitz wax also.... do you guys wax the ramps, side rails. and everything else? First table so I'm trying to do it right the first time.

Yes. Wax everything the ball touches, minus rubber.

#3250 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Anyone ordered Cliffys for their Johnny? I sent him an email a week ago and haven't heard back but not sure if he runs way behind or not.
Damn hope you get it up and running soon. I'm sure someone will chime in and be able to help

He's a busy guy, wait a week or two and try again

#3252 1 year ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Joined the club this weekend! I'm very excited, though having issues out of the gate. I had to take the backbox off to move it and I'm concerned I did something wrong on reassembly. I did a lot of verifying and can't figure out what if anything is incorrect, though there seems to be several variations between the WPC manuals...
Symptoms:
* turned the game on and the DMD was scrambled.
* Double checked connectors, re-seated, turned on the game, no improvement
* then the DMD went black, GI and inserts went out, the glove didn't move at startup, and the flippers started firing
* booted in safe mode, checked TP voltages on the driver board, all appeared ok (TP1: 15.3, TP2: 4.8, TP3: 11.9, TP4:0, TP5:0, TP6:72.8, TP7: 21.5, TP8-18)
* booted without the fliptronics board plugged in and no change
Attached some areas of concern after consulting the manuals (J137/138 = interchangeable? J133/134 = interchangeable?). The numbers on my CPU also do not match the manual (206, 207, 208 are different than in the manual). Do these look correct?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your voltages all seem good.
I would suspect the ribbon cables, specifically the CPU>Fliptronics>Sound>DMD chain. Ensure that the pins aren't bent, ensure the connectors are lined up properly (no skipped pins) and in good physical condition.
Also check the CPU>Driver ribbon.

5 months later
#3366 8 months ago

I'm going to be making UV protector sets again.
You can see pictures here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/64#post-4733371
PM me if interested.

#3371 8 months ago
Quoted from matiou:

I just joined the club and am super happy!
I'm starting to read the 68 pages of this thread, but it will take some time...
I was wondering... I find the playfield to be quite dark. What's the common approach to this ?
1/ Get used to it, that's the game's style
2/ Add some spotlights and led strips in some locations

I've added an LED strip in the back and trough and it's still pretty dark. Considering making some stadium lights.

2 weeks later
#3387 7 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

So I don’t own one, but I repair it for the local arcade. Any suggestions on how to rebuild the hand or any good guides for it? Can it be done in one shot? The game can’t really be down for long so if it’s extremely involved I probably can’t do it.
Also the hand works in test mode, I can move it just fine, but in game it blows a bunch of fuses.
Also this game suffers from the constant rebooting issue if you have too much going on, and the operator insists it’s not the power supply even though it obviously is. Is it cheaper to put the little board in it instead of rebuilding it or whatever needs to happen to fix it properly?

Take it apart, clean everything, relube the screw rods with SuperLube, clean out the old grease of of the gearbox and relube with SuperLube, replace the X and Y nuts, reassemble in reverse order.
Take lots of pictures before you take it apart.
Should be able to knock it out in under 90 minutes.
When retesting the first time, make sure none of the wires get snagged.

3 weeks later
#3395 7 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You can remove the switch and the game plays fine, but it has a credit dot telling you to check that switch. I still have a new one if I ever feel like revisiting the mechanism, but it's playing more reliably without it.

I have the switch installed but the credit for error. Game plays fine. What does the switch do? Worth fixing?

3 weeks later
#3440 6 months ago

My LED flasher in the hand VUK works in test mode, but not in game.
Is the game even coded for it? Perhaps because it's an LED and I should replace with incandescent?

#3447 6 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Thanks! the 3D printed one looks a bit tacky, but didn't see the one on PPS. Sadly they seem to be out of stock
I messaged about the clear one a few days ago but no response

No response from PPS? SHOCKING!

6 months later
#3518 3 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone have a spare speaker-panel cover? The panel on my Johnny has a gouge right in the middle of the DMD. It's not really visible while playing, but it is a little annoying. Hard to ignore once you know it's there. No one seems to have exact replacements in stock anywhere online. A place in Europe sells them without the Williams logo, so that's an option. But price is kinda high for what you get.
Is Johnny the only game to use this particular panel cover?

This one looks good in case you can't find an original
https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/replacement-speaker-panel-plastic-translite-for-pinball-machine_a6071858-adc7-4ee7-9cdc-7b29bda71672

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside