20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2607 7 years ago

Hey guys,

Just got my JM yesterday. Having a weird issue. Whenever I get 2 balls in the matrix and then drain, the game doesn't realize a drain has taken place and does not eject another ball. So the game is just "frozen" It seems to happen every time I exit the "Video Mode" (but just not the video mode....it occurs at other times as well). Anyone else experience something like this? Any advice/input is appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Could be a faulty trough opto. Check if all those trigger correctly when you let a ball run into an empty trough

I successfully ran individual switch tests for all four balls in the trough. Is that what you are referring to? Thanks for the reply.

1 week later
#2618 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys,
Just got my JM yesterday. Having a weird issue. Whenever I get 2 balls in the matrix and then drain, the game doesn't realize a drain has taken place and does not eject another ball. So the game is just "frozen" It seems to happen every time I exit the "Video Mode" (but just not the video mode....it occurs at other times as well). Anyone else experience something like this? Any advice/input is appreciated.
Cheers,
Craig

Wanted to post a quick update on this. The "Ball in Hand" switch that is located inside the motorized glove was constantly getting stuck in the "closed" position. I ordered a new switch from MAD Amusements and replaced it. The "Ball in Hand Stuck Closed" error has gone away as have all of the other issues I was experiencing with the glove and matrix. I know some of you have completely removed this switch but I wanted to try this approach first to make sure there were no issues with not having the magnet "duty cycled" when the ball is in the magnet. I was also having consistent issues with the ball not "sticking" in the glove when the VUK fired. This is no longer occur either. Anyhow, just wanted to let you guys know that replacing the glove switch worked wonders for me (so far).

#2620 7 years ago

Sorry, can you explain?

#2622 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing this information. Sounds like lots of issues with them...especially international. My first experience went very well and I didn't have any luck finding this part from the other companies (Marco, Pinballlife, etc.). Will use caution before using them again. Cheers, Craig

1 week later
#2628 7 years ago

Added a double spotlight to the right slingshot on my JM tonight. Used purple LEDs on both front and back spotlights. Really brightened up the playfield and can now play in dark (or dimly lit) conditions.

Used the kit from: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/double-spotlight-kit-8-32

My only challenge is that the only GI on my game that stays lit all the time is the back spotlight and I couldn't figure out how to wire the new spotlights into this. So sometimes in the game the spotlights flash which is not ideal. Will fool around more with it later. Any thoughts on how to wire these new spotlights so they stay lit all the time?

IMG_3206 (resized).JPGIMG_3206 (resized).JPGIMG_3209 (resized).JPGIMG_3209 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

#2632 7 years ago

Ordered and installed the LED strip lighting mod (lights above gloves, lights in ball trough, and lights beneath shooter lane ramp) from Lermods in addition to the new spotlights posted above. Was really happy with the way it turned out. I'm sure it will be too much for some but I enjoy lighting up games and playing in very low light. Thanks Lermods!

DSC_7946 (resized).JPGDSC_7946 (resized).JPGDSC_7961 (resized).JPGDSC_7961 (resized).JPGDSC_7952 (resized).JPGDSC_7952 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2667 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Finally got my side blade art in. Now thinking of going all yellow on the rubbers

Nice. Like those black rails too

2 weeks later
#2670 7 years ago

Played my Johnny Mnemonic last night for the first time in a while. Man, what a great game. Don't see how I could ever get rid of it based on what they typically go for. I added some extra lighting. Especially like the blue LED strip above the hands in back.

JM-full-playfield (resized).jpgJM-full-playfield (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2740 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Question about power down! So iv gotten it quit a few times but I'm just concerned with keeping balls alive (even though they reboot) so I can't really tell but every time you hit a shot does it keep that sector lite for a little more time or is it all just timed the same and you get as many shots as you can in that set time. Hope this makes sense

Pretty sure every time you make a shot in a sector it resets the timer on that sector

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.