20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cocomonkeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3007 5 years ago

Just picked up a JM for our location but the hand is starting to act up. I think one of the connectors on the driver board is bad because if I reseat it, it works for a game or two - then quits (often taking down the drop target up. Probably just going to replace it with trifurcons.

#3024 5 years ago

Oooh boy, back to the problems.
Repinned the offending connector but still am having no Y movement and no drop target down. Combing the manual to find where those two things have something in common.

#3026 5 years ago

Checked the connectors and all seem fine. I quick switched the j2 and j3 on here to see if I would get movement on the y only. I did. I’m guessing that cracked cap is causing problems. Anyone see any other obvious problems?

6AC66DBD-3332-4061-ACC2-9D960816983B (resized).jpeg6AC66DBD-3332-4061-ACC2-9D960816983B (resized).jpeg

E5741DBC-CDA0-4165-B7C6-7CB6B497240E (resized).jpegE5741DBC-CDA0-4165-B7C6-7CB6B497240E (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#3071 5 years ago

Boy this game is a basket case. I finally get my hand moving again after getting the relay board put it. Now I have a column of lights out that I can't trace.
And then I get a stuck in hand error :/

Let's add the ball wont release to the problems now! Ugh.

#3079 5 years ago

Julius: when I get back into mine I will.
In the mean time does anyone have a pic of how the matrix clear is assembled? I followed the manual and I’m getting no range of motion.

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from Orange_Julius:

Anyone have some really good pics of how to arrange/zip-tie the wire harnesses coming out of the hand properly? I tried going through the 813 pics in this thread and might have missed them if already here.

I have my hand assembly completely out. Are you talking about behind it or under the playfield?
Still having no luck with the matrix clear (or the stupid hand release but I think I have bigger problems) if anyone has a pic of it.

#3085 5 years ago

Everything seems to wind through a 0 shape. Mines still a wip though.

D1DC8B20-3855-4DFF-926E-1270BDF21EC9 (resized).jpegD1DC8B20-3855-4DFF-926E-1270BDF21EC9 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3100 5 years ago

Does anyone have a good pic of the arm for the matrix clear? I know it has to be shimmed out with washers, but mine just doesnt move freely.
Then, I'll get into the dozen other issues (broke drop target, x movement, etc)

#3102 5 years ago

Thank you. Wonder if my arm isn't just a little bent out of shape.

1 month later
#3116 5 years ago

My hand works again fine in test but the up and down range is really strange in game. What was the fix for this again?

#3118 5 years ago

Forward and backward. Works fine in the manual test.

#3120 5 years ago

Oh sorry I thought I typed a better explanation. It won’t go up high enough to read the 123 digits (were it a real phone.) it has a full range in the hand test.

#3122 5 years ago

Sorted the hand out. But after rebuilding the matrix clear assembly, it will simply not clear.
New coil. Voltage is fine. I can hear it fire. But something is up.

danKwFe (resized).jpgdanKwFe (resized).jpg
#3124 5 years ago

Should I have a washer on the other side of it? I’ll try that tonight.

1 week later
#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Mine appears to have a washer, and the nut is a locking nut. [quoted image]

Finally got around to trying your advice and still no dice. I dont know what I'm missing here. I'll rebuild it all the way from the manual again.

#3138 5 years ago

Thanks everyone I’ll pull it and take some pics

The previous owner did have too heavy of a spring on it so I have the right one on. It works fine pressing it by hand but something still seems odd. The person who I had fix the hand said the voltage to the coil is right but I can retest it.

#3141 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Test fire the coil in solenoid test. Anything happen at all?
t's not a rocket science device so if pushing in the plunger by hand works without significant resistance, it would seem to me the problems would likely be the coil, or the power getting to it.
Make sure:
1. The nuts previously shown are loose enough to allow the lever to move without being restricted.
2. The coil sleeve isn't damaged and slides in and out of the coil freely (ie: the coil isn't swollen.
3. The end if the plunger and coil stop are not mushroomed.
4. Solder joints are good on the 2 wires attached to the coil.
5. Coil itself doesn't have failed winding.

It’s a new coil and sleeve and it does fire in test mode it just doesn’t get enough pull to clear the thing. I can move it by hand but something is just enough off to cause a problem. This is why it’s so baffling.

1 week later
#3160 5 years ago

Man that dolphin is really tempting. My plastics are all fine but the one over the right target and I could use an x+y nut hmm.

2 weeks later
#3179 5 years ago

Good work.

Also thanks everyone for the matrix clear pictures. Mine seems to be the same way and in test if i nudge the plunger just a little bit, it catches the charge and lifts the rest of the way. Moves free by hand.
What voltage should I be getting at that coil when it fires?

2 months later
#3199 5 years ago

Well I somehow solved my Matrix clear problem. In a related note, if anyone can take a pic of their knocker wiring, that would be great. The knocker took down the voltage on the game somehow.

4 months later
#3300 4 years ago

There’s a bad diode or connection somewhere. It’s just time to start tracing and checking all your switches.
Does anyone have this plastic or can cut a single protector? (In the US )

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
3 months later
#3398 4 years ago

Took the glove and motors apart to clean it all so who wants to come put it back together for me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 22.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cocomonkeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.