20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bradyscribbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3777 2 years ago

Hi, new JM owner here and having a blast with it! Has anyone tried a pinsound board with their JM? I got one recently and it doesn't seem to work well with the game on my initial tests and I am up-to-date on firmware. I have tried both the 'original' and 'ost' scores from the pinsound site and they both seem to have issues with cataloging and recalling the right files in the right spots. After you press start, there is that short 1-2 second intro and then there's a clunky cut to the next track, which is the ball launch music. Once you launch the ball, the music stays on the 'waiting to launch ball' track until you start a mode, which is not how the game works normally. This was also happening in the 'ost' score uploaded to pinsound. This makes me think that these older uploads(and only ones available) may have worked on an older version of the board possibly? Anyways, lots of other strange things, like music cutting out and sound effects playing on loop. Also, when the game ends, it holds the last note of previous song while the end-of-game music plays really quietly in the background.

Possibly this game needs to be re-exported/categorized to work properly with pinsound. Just wanted to check here if anyone had figured this out yet.

7 months later
#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from DanielJDougherty:

did you even get resolution here?
I am thinking about putting a pinsound board in my JM too. which pinsound model you using ?

Hi, I got so preoccupied with other projects, I never resolved this. I was up-to-date on firmware and hardware for pinsound as of my last post over the winter. There seems to be 2 versions you can download of JM mix and both have issues with when and what gets played back. I was thinking of using their desktop software at some point to try some things out. My hopes was someone else would make JM work more seamlessly with pinsound and then I could just swap out for tracks I like. I was thinking of doing a matrix score version...

5 months later
#4101 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Pinsound is not good for original soundtracks… Tons of bugs and glitches. I’ve been working on my own score.

That sounds awesome!

I tried putting a pinsound board in a year ago, saw that it was a total mess, and took it out. I was hoping to have time to revisit it, but I haven't yet. How did you fix all the issues with music hanging and glitches?

1 week later
#4123 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

My Progress on my custom Cyber / Epic mix using the Pinsound + board.
Bad quality video until it fully uploads. Let me know what you think!

Sounds great! How are you so good at the video mode!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bradyscribbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=bradyscribbles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.