20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boogies.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#663 9 years ago

I've had mine for a couple months. I've got 56 billion as my hi-score.
Here's a vid of 55 Billion - got spinner millions 4 times

1 week later
#705 9 years ago

I believe the female callout "intruder alert" is the same voice as safecracker. Maybe same callout?

1 month later
#832 9 years ago

New mod finished

#848 9 years ago

What are ramp covers? Is it the metal flaps that are connecting the PF to the ramp?

7 months later
#1164 9 years ago

I am just putting mine back together after getting it "shopped" It looks like it is the post to help support the plastic piece above. If u zoom, u can see the post in there (I put nuts back on screws while cleaning, so I know what goes back where)

0211151739a.jpg0211151739a.jpg
1 month later
#1203 9 years ago

Added a couple of RGB strips to my JM.
The pair underneath the glass channel is beautiful

#1205 9 years ago

Thanks - The hand area was the hardest to mount, but VERY worth it.

#1216 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ia m thinking about doing one of those DMD extenders on Johnny. I think I have seen some videos around but anyone have any insight on it? Worth it or hold out for a COlor DMD (which I think will be twice the cost DMD ext $220, COlor DMD $400). I think I read that you can do your own coloring on Smart DMD but only on Stern machines. Thoughts?

I have a DMD Extender in my JM - it might've been my vids that you seen?

Originally, I had used Green, Light and Dark Blue Dots:

Currently, I am using White, Light and Dark Blue "Sigma" Style (Skip to 1:07 to see a little bit of it)

Unfortunately, I believe that Dr. Pinball is out of stock of the DMD Extenders. This is due to some Rasberry PI model unavailability. It's kinda hard to source the parts needed now, but hopefully he'll make an updated model and it'll resolve the availability and sourcing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/11#post-2321709

#1220 9 years ago

Awesome! I hope they don't count it as an Aprils fools gag

1 month later
#1587 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I noticed his left ramp was not screwed down, the flap was riveted to the ramp but the ramp wasn't screwed to the pf. I have noticed this in a few other pf pics. Is this common? I'm not by my machine right now but I am almost certain there are screw holes in the pf.

My left ramp is not screwed down at the flaps. I bought the machine looked it over, took it home and noticed it was missing the screws (since the flaps have the holes for them). I went crazy on it - noticed IPDB has picks without screws, and then after using a flashlight; I determined that there are no screwholes. After shopping it out, it's obvious there are no screwholes anywhere in the general area. Weird, huh?

9 months later
#2360 8 years ago

I am listing my JM topper:

ebay.com link:

If anyone here gets it, I'd suggest hooking up the LED strip to the flasher in the back right side, and make it interactive.
Or replace the LED strip with an RGB and hook it up to the blue and red flashers that active during the glove sequence
Similar to this, but it'd light up the topper instead of the glove area:

#2362 8 years ago
Sorry, keeping shipping in US only.

#2367 8 years ago

1 Day left, last bump.
I believe these toppers are unavailable anywhere else

ebay.com link: Johnny Mnemonic Pinball Topper

$_1_(resized).JPG$_1_(resized).JPG

#2374 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I wish I saw this before it ended. Missed it!!!!!

That's sucks. I just shipped it out a couple hours ago.
Not sure if it was a Pinsider or not but I tried to get attention to the JM club, knowing that there would be a few interested peeps.
I am happy with sale price, and hopefully the buyer is too.

#2381 8 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

I won it! I am happy I found one. Just finished my restore ( above). It will be the icing on the cake!

Awesome to hear. I didn't know a pinsider won - I have some of the cheap RGB strip leftover, I could've sent it to ya with the package.
I'd STRONGLY suggest making it interactive like I did with the glove area.

Of course, modding is at your own risk, but FWIW here's my recipe:

Red for the red (upper right) flasher that activate with the glove
Blue for the blue (upper right) flasher that activate with the glove
Green for the Glove VUK popper that kicks from trough to glove

ALL 3 incandescent Flasher bulbs were replaced with corresponding LED colored flasher prior to the RGB strip therefore lowering the amps used (this makes me feel safer using the RGB strip - trying to not overload amps used)

My RGB Strip was using (cheaper quality) 2x30 individual R G B lights - In other words, one light is red, another green, and a blue - NOT one light has Red, Green and Blue.

This is equal to a single (higher quality) RGB strip of 20 RGB lights

Interactive would be bad @$$, but it appears that you already have some kinda strip above your glove area. I'm hoping that it isn't tied into the flashers that I mentioned, and you SHOULD be safe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boogies.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=boogies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.