20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3296 4 years ago

I’ve just joined the club with a nice example. Has new decals and clearcoated playfield!
Are there any must have mods to have here? Mine has a blue led strip added above the backboard, not sure I’ll keep it there though

2 weeks later
#3307 4 years ago

Hi all
Does anyone have a spare key fob plastic that they’d part with?
Thanks in advance

#3308 4 years ago

I just found this picture of Johnny Mnemonic at release I assume. Has anyone ever seen that topper?

A3346335-FB15-4A87-871A-C054EE69AD21 (resized).jpegA3346335-FB15-4A87-871A-C054EE69AD21 (resized).jpeg
#3309 4 years ago

And lastly, where does this bracket go?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

That looks like an aftermarket protector that reinforces and covers up this sometimes broken area (circled in red) on the diverter ramp.[quoted image]

That’s exactly what it is! Thanks mate much appreciated

1 week later
#3328 4 years ago

Hi all
I’m getting an error message saying “drop target broken”
When I run a solenoid test the drop target up and down tests work fine
When I start a game it moves to the down position and keeps trying to pop up, I can hear the solenoid constantly trying to fire it up.
Any help would be appreciated

#3333 4 years ago

I adjusted the switch and still the problem persists. The spring is also fine

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Purple??????? Gross.

I’d like to see what the purple looks like with the translite on

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from m0nty:

That's just like, your opinion, man.
[quoted image]

How did you get the dmd to be blue?

2 months later
#3403 4 years ago

My hand will not drop a ball in the 3 spots closest to the back of the machine from the glove. It won’t move that far back. Has anyone encountered this problem?

1 week later
#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

does it pass the hand calibration test? if not it may be the encoder or the X and Y nuts are binding. does it grind? does the hand droop?

It seems to pass the test with no error, position numbers change regularly but I have no idea what that means

1 month later
#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Not going to fit through doorway at the top of stairs with head on.

You need a better room to keep your pinballs in, that’s gotta be frustrating every time you get or sell a game

3 months later
#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from caylegeorge:

Put a JM Left Ramp on ebay along with a bunch of other NOS parts:
NOS Johnny Mnemonic bare Left Ramp
ebay.com link[quoted image]

Do you happen to have the plastic key fob? I’ve been looking since buying my machine and not willing to buy the one that’s constantly on eBay for $99

3 months later
#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Added this nifty little mod. It's really a high quality, mirror finished heavy weight steel. It has a wood screw thread on it that I used a die on to make it fit the 6/32 post. $11 on Ebay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. What do you mean by used a die on the screw? How exactly do you get it to fit?

3 months later
#3582 3 years ago

My JM has 2 spotlights installed on top of the slingshots but doesn’t seem like that’s where they should be. Can anyone enlighten me on where these are supposed to go?

49EC7F1C-94E0-4703-8BD9-C2FBA0C99DB2 (resized).jpeg49EC7F1C-94E0-4703-8BD9-C2FBA0C99DB2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

My hand does not travel for enough forward to be able to drop the ball in the front row. I can not see how to adjust travel distance? Otherwise it works fine. Any suggestions?

I had a similar issue and adjusted the glove itself to angle upward at the front so the ball drops into the front row

2 months later
#3616 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

yes, what I mean is: modify electrically the spinner in a way that you can rip it and make it spin super fast, but receiving a bit more balanced amount of points, compared to the rest of the game.

Only new code is going to change that scoring. Maybe Soren will do the code one day, did a great job on Roadshow

1 month later
#3627 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Hey guys I got my new decals from classic arcades and I'm noticing that the scaling seems too big. For example - if I install them as they are the side rails will cover the top of Johnny's head on the sides. I will contact classic arcades to see if something can be done - but I doubt anything will be done. Looking for the appropriate decals and even a good alternate if anyone has them? Thanks.

I went with pinballdecals.eu and they seem to fit fine

1 month later
#3673 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

interesting where the first 150 were dispersed, and that some of the very early units headed out of the US
[quoted image]
I own 53342100018, which has two divider bars in the center of the matrix. Sometime later they added retainer bars on the outer edges of the matrix and a lane diverter for the matrix dump between the right and middle ramp

Can I see what the difference is with the matrix?

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The Matrix is a complete rebuild / recode of JM. It's spectacular. I truly wish more existed so people could enjoy the game. Here's a super quick video sample from the eBay listing.

Sorry I meant the matrix part of the early release JM machines without the retainer bars vs the later ones with retainer bars on the outside

The Matrix machine looks cool too though lol

1 week later
#3690 2 years ago

I just got the dreaded check fuses f115, f116, J121 and 12v power supply.
I changed F116 as it had blown and seemed to fix that problem except immediately it changed to “opto trough bad, check connectors, wires and 12v supply”
Seeing the common thing here is 12v supply, can someone point me in the right direction.
Not sure if it’s related but this happened when installing a colordmd

1 month later
#3713 2 years ago

Seems to only be listed (not sold) for $100! Wow

3 months later
#3755 2 years ago

Is that speaker panel available to purchase?
I would certainly pay for a custom one.
Also interested in seeing a close up of your hands painted
I thought my restore with clearcoat
Play field and chrome new decals but this is next level

#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Sorry for the late reply fitted the topper today very pleased nearly complete now
With the dmd surround spoke to col biggest problem is shipping cost likely to be expensive from the uk ill find out his id on here and tag him in
The Decals are from a guy in Europe found them super easy to fit tbh went on nice and easy, i have only done 2 previous redecals on newer stern pins with genuine stern, so was real happy with the outcome, (ill find his name as tbh contact so many sources before deciding) the leg pros didnt actually think about not putting them on tbh just had them so put them back on again not thinking[quoted image]

I'm happy to pay the additional shipping cost - I'm in Australia so used to paying for shipping

2 months later
#3797 2 years ago

I have bought a handful of mirrored back glasses now and I always use system 11 trim, fits perfectly well

#3802 2 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

Well I’ll be joining this club on Monday when I head to the Southern interior to pick it up. Game is in great shape and owned by a pro pin restorer. I’m so fricking stoked I can hardly sleep! Wife shakes her head….lol
[quoted image]

I laughed reading Southern! To me that’s as north as it gets lol

1 week later
#3839 2 years ago

Does anyone happen to have this plastic available?
Mine snapped completely mid game. I guess I’m lucky I’ve never had a plastic break before

B5BFA471-FE34-4AF6-ACAD-A5D1CE425258 (resized).jpegB5BFA471-FE34-4AF6-ACAD-A5D1CE425258 (resized).jpeg
#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here you go. It's even located in Australia ...
ebay.com link: itm

Yep cheers! Even within 15 mins of my house so picked it up today

#3843 2 years ago

So my JM doesn’t like me at the moment
How do you change a light bulb under the matrix?
I can’t seem to figure out how to remove it to get to the bulbs. Anyone have instructions or pictures?

#3847 2 years ago

I thought the back panel needs to come off. Not sure it’s worth it for 1 bulb lol

2 weeks later
#3866 2 years ago
Quoted from xsploit:

I should have asked for a ranked list
Feel free to contribute.
I'm interested in modifying the sound. PinSound looks like the easiest way.
Would reprogramming the sound eeproms be a bad way just to the size limitations of them?

Mods List ranked in my opinion
#1 Invisiglass
#2 Colordmd
#3 New Cabinet decals
#4 Artblades
#5 CPR backglass

3 weeks later
#3918 2 years ago

Hey all
Has anyone installed the new CPR speaker panel on their game?
The instructions on their site state that you use double sided tape over the existing panel.
That doesn’t make sense to me. Would it be then too thick to fit into the channels?
I would assume the original panel needs to be removed
What’s curious is they also sell speaker panels for games that don’t have a U channel like MM and MB with the same instructions

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I have the CPR panel. It is not a direct replacement for the black plastic panel. This panel is larger and sticks to the H Chanel as well as the lower c channel. With double sided tape.
The panel also has a cut out for the dmd. You leave your old black panel in place and the clear part of that panel covers the dmd.
For this game they should have made it smaller and made it a direct replacement for the boring black panel. With no cut out.

I agree and was hoping this was a direct replacement. My original has slight warp in it so sticking something over the top may not even look great
Do you have a pic of yours?

2 weeks later
#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

How much does a NOS JM translite sell for these days?

Does such a thing exist? lol

#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I got the cpr mirrored backglass and love it!

I'm about to order that too - wanted the speaker panel as well but not the way it is made

2 months later
#3973 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Anybody know if these 5 red bulb condoms are the only ones? No other bulbs had them.
I have also seen a photo where the one under the left ramp is on the lower bulb and not the upper like mine? thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had one under the right ramp too, both on the lower bulb so 6 all up

2 weeks later
#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from FullTiltPinball:

How did you do the speaker panel? That looks cool. I'm interested in getting something similar for my JM.

Second that, can I buy a speaker panel?

3 months later
#4044 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Just don't get rid of "Unseize your brain zombie!" and "Shot it through Jones!".

Isn’t it “loop it through Jones?”

5 months later
#4192 1 year ago

Has anyone ever tried to recreate the topper in this pic from the Pinball Compendium?
I have the promo board shown on the front but not the side pieces

78CBD933-3E02-4498-BFDB-F13B04EFA10D (resized).jpeg78CBD933-3E02-4498-BFDB-F13B04EFA10D (resized).jpeg
#4196 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Please post pics of the promo board.

Here is a pic, it’s the width of the backbox so perfect fit for a topper

Except pinside isn’t letting me upload a pic

#4197 1 year ago

It finally uploaded!

F82B6154-A08E-4FC2-9290-FF7B3F0C5DC1 (resized).jpegF82B6154-A08E-4FC2-9290-FF7B3F0C5DC1 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4216 10 months ago

Looks like I’m leaving the club - anyone interested in the promo board. Never seen another one. Matches the original topper from the game launch. DM me an offer if interested

08DDA4ED-756C-4D0E-A74F-319ED6359422 (resized).jpeg08DDA4ED-756C-4D0E-A74F-319ED6359422 (resized).jpeg97473D34-3AB8-4EEE-9558-7A90FF1265EC (resized).jpeg97473D34-3AB8-4EEE-9558-7A90FF1265EC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=allsportdvd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.