20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agodfrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

273 posts in this topic match your search for posts by agodfrey. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1174 9 years ago

Looking at buying a JM that needs some work. Needs the right ramp repaired/replaced. Any idea if anyone sells that ramp (pics coming soon to give you an idea of what needs done) can't wait to join the club!!

#1178 9 years ago

Cool. Thanks all....Hope to bring one more JM to OHIO NPO!!!!

1 week later
#1191 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How-tos by blondetall and others

Where are the best How-tos on this? Searched for it and got a lot. That's why I like Vid's stuff, nice post for each topic.

Adam G

#1193 9 years ago

Thanks! Working on getting a Johnny, then giving it a good once over!!!

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif
1 week later
#1197 9 years ago

Shopping around for JM. Anyone within.....4 hours of Ohio looking to download?

1 week later
#1209 9 years ago

There are two types of buyers. People with time and people with money. The people with time want to spend as little as possible because they plan on doing all the work, saving them money, then people with money want to have the best, highest, and shiniest and are willing to pay for it because they have no time. So.....you either don't touch it so you can sell it for as low as you can or you go all out, new cab decals, topper, full LED, lasers, etc...ha.

I have thought a lot about just getting a nice game and save all the shop time, but then I see the moths fly out of my wallet.

#1210 9 years ago

Ia m thinking about doing one of those DMD extenders on Johnny. I think I have seen some videos around but anyone have any insight on it? Worth it or hold out for a COlor DMD (which I think will be twice the cost DMD ext $220, COlor DMD $400). I think I read that you can do your own coloring on Smart DMD but only on Stern machines. Thoughts?

#1211 9 years ago

Not to get your hopes up but I contacted ColorDMD to see if they needed someone to work on JM, they said they already had someone working. So......the future could be bright....and expensive!

#1213 9 years ago

WOw....looking at $3k.......DO it.....OR just get another (or 3) pins!! Ha. Tough call.....2 mid-level pins....or 6 DMDs...

#1217 9 years ago

I think it was you I saw. I love your videos! Thanks. Looks super cool. I have also been messing around with RGBs lately. VERY economical and super bright!

#1219 9 years ago

I am psychic!! HAHAHA. Got an email newsletter today from colorDMD saying Johnny is the next to be released and the rom will be out April 2nd. HAHAHAH Positive thinking works.....now....time for saving my dollars!! Or just doing a SmartDMD....hmmmm

#1230 9 years ago

Does anyone have a part number or source for the clear plastics above the slings. I found screened sling plastics, red and blue domes but not sure where to find the clear.

#1235 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

The clear part is actually the end of the ramps.

I see that now. New ramps ordered.....ouch.......Aussie shipping!!!!

#1244 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

where the hell are you getting decals from?

Great question. I have been looking for them as well. At this point I think I might scan the existing ones, touch them up, and print some off. I don't think anyone is making them.

#1251 9 years ago

GOT MY JOHNNY!!! It is going to need A LOT of love, but I feel up to it! Missing a few plastics. Can anyone tell me/show me, what should go here so I know what to look for online. And if anyone HAS this plastic or knows where I might get one. What SHOULD go here. ( Just to the left of the matrix, looks like there was something here, it broke and he stuck this here, I think this is a sling plastic here now)

IMG_20150405_002504.jpgIMG_20150405_002504.jpg
#1255 9 years ago

Looks like I may need to burn a new rom as the game rom was uncovered and I think I hit it with my flashlight too hard...maybe

On the soundboard there is a rom chip in U8. The manual says that is unused. Is that true? Should the top two rom spots on the sound board be empty?

IMG_20150405_092238.jpgIMG_20150405_092238.jpg
#1257 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I make that piece at mezelmods.com.

Ordered it and some sling washers. Thanks!!

#1258 9 years ago

I am looking through the parts list and I see two metal diverts listed on Macro's and other sites. I see the diverter near where the hand popper is. Is the other one for the ramp matrix? Just ordered the plastic one from Mezel for the matrix ramp. Hope that was all I needed.

#1259 9 years ago

Looking for the matrix jackpot award plastic (the one that tells you which spot corresponds with a jackpot shot) . Might just make that one myself. Not seeing it easily available.

#1262 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I have tried tracking down the jackpot matric plastic for a while and have not been able to.

Were you able to at least get a high rez pic if it. I think I might just do an apron card with it. In the end it just conveys info. When the plastic comes out I will get it, for now I like having the info.

#1263 9 years ago

This mod is amazing.......Now I just need to figure out how to incorporate the jackpot chart into this disk thing and it'll look like I MEANT to do it!!

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 5.45.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-05 at 5.45.20 PM.png
#1267 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What is it supposed to do?

Look amazing!!

#1268 9 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on the cargo flasher mod thing? PPS is out. Anyone 'printing' something similar. My flasher area there is a little rough and I could save a tonne by covering it with this mod instead of replacing the ramp. Plus it will look a lot cooler, ha

#1271 9 years ago

PPS is out. BAA doesn't have it listed. I emailed Mezel and they said they are working on making more, I guess there were having issues with the filament jamming. Waiting waiting waiting

#1272 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Kinda liked..... can you post another pics?

This was just something I found. BUT I am working on doing something myself. Stand by for my version.

#1283 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We could try yellow, there's a bit of that in the playfield.

I would love one. Thanks for putting up with all my robot talk Mezels. As I said that ramp area for me needs some love. So anything is an improvement. Is red an option? I think teal might also work well. Maybe orange. Or honestly if you just did grey or a rust color and made it look like a normal container..maybe. Here is my color choice pic, ha. As you can see teal is a viable option....

o-SHIPPING-CONTAINER-facebook.jpgo-SHIPPING-CONTAINER-facebook.jpg

#1285 9 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on a cliffy set? Looks like BAA is out and I can;t find anyone else who has it

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RP-JM1

Is there a set or do you need to put it together. I'd like some for all the roll over switches too. Are those out there that will fit?

#1286 9 years ago

As you can tell I am hot on the trail of every trick I can find. Make this thing as shiny as I can...

#1288 9 years ago

That is what's weird. I looked there any JM is not listed. Am I missing something?

#1290 9 years ago

I sent him an email. Thanks

#1294 9 years ago

You beat me to it. Just got done with Cliff's email that said the same thing. Thanks. I plan on getting the full kit. I have new Aussie ramps coming, don't want to mess those up!!

#1295 9 years ago

Got those interested here are some pics of the protectors, missing is the shooter one.

JM-BOBS1.jpgJM-BOBS1.jpg JM-LT-UT1.JPGJM-LT-UT1.JPG JM-SPLIT1.jpgJM-SPLIT1.jpg JM-SPLIT3.jpgJM-SPLIT3.jpg
#1296 9 years ago

At first I was a little confused about the matrix one but it is different than the diverter on the left. This protects the ramp when the center ball comes out from hitting the corner of the ramp. Pretty cool.

#1298 9 years ago

So......looks like I might be going into the mod biz....ha. I found a lot of 82 of those HD arms. I also have all the disks I need. Stand by for launch (could be a month as I want to design a jackpot matrix chart version, a decorated version, and a plain version) Something things come together!

#1303 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Can someone provide me a picture of the middle ramp cliffy? The ball diverter is one thing, but now I am hearing about a cliffy for the middle ramp...?

Check out the last two pics in my post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/26#post-2374772

It's just BELOW the diverter. It goes on the corner between the two routes.

#1304 9 years ago

NICE! Two questions. First:

Quoted from Archytas:

-Brand new left ramp as the old one was smashed.

How did the handle the decals on the ramp? Did you use the old ones or have then re-done

Second:

Quoted from Archytas:

-ROM updated from 1.1 to 1.2 with LED non ghosting effects.

Whats this? Non ghosting effects? Will upgrading to 1.2 allow you to do the effect with LEDs without a LED OCD?

#1309 9 years ago
Quoted from ElCapitan:

Mine looks the same as yours. All sockets are populated except for the top one.

Thanks!

#1312 9 years ago

I always assume blow up, always, ha. I have blown many a fuse and transistor so I always assume it will release the magic smoke if I do it from "memory" or assume!

#1314 9 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I had to re-use the old decals as new one for the left ramp are totally unobtainium. Fortunately they came over extremely easy and were very easy to re-apply to the new ramp.

That is my plan as well. I MIGHT be able to do a one off print for mine but....we''ll see. would be tricky. I am torn because I could take them off and try to scan them to have them re-done but I might risk damaging them and if the ones I print are no good....ha. That said it will prob be worth it as it'll be super sharp. We'll see. I have also considered making my own custom ones.......ideas ideas.

For now I need to work on the Johnny Drive mod. I am thinking it will have some blinking lights and a flasher, of course!

#1318 9 years ago

Projects projects projects! I love it!

#1319 9 years ago

Talking to the printer, putting the custom ramp decal's design together things are looking good! PM me with some requests and interest. Right now I am leaning towards something that ties in a little better with the pf/theme then 'industrial'. More tech/circuitry based.

IDEALLY these would be EL inked. For the first run through I plan on going towards glow in the dark or UV reactive and then putting a UV lamp kit together that would go with the decals. I figure I can get a decent price for the lamps if I buy a bunch then pass on the savings.

I have some time this weekend but to be realistic......we're looking at June launch. So you can bug me but be patient! I want this to be a community project so your ideas are welcome.

Funny, necessity (I need ramp decals) IS the mother of invention! Once I have something to show I will start a new thread.

Also the pieces for the Johnny Drive should be coming.....this weekend. Also talking to the printer about that one. Lots coming this SUMMER!!!!

#1321 9 years ago

ALSO talking to the EL wire place about doing Tron style light kit.....you guys are going to be sick of me....I'm sure!

#1323 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

One thing at a time...

agreed

#1325 9 years ago

Excellent! I think the UV option that makes the most sense is LED strips, cheap, easy to install, and you can get in tight places, BUT I love that shimmering! Plus I think for the center cross ramp it really make sense and looks really cool!!

#1329 9 years ago

I will most likely have to make my own but I need to replace the metal stop on the right ramp. My right ramp came broken almost beyond recognition and I imagine that piece was lost long long ago. It's a small metal piece that can be found at the end of both ramps to protect the ramp when the ball comes out there.

I plan on emailing the normal sources and I did a look on Marcos and if it;'s there it's not obvious. They even have a ramp guard section, no dice in there.

#1332 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Check Marco #A-14265-13

cha-ching!!! and I was digging through the mess of a parts bag the guy game me and low and behold that metal stop was in there! yeah!!!

#1339 9 years ago

I started a thread on my reboot if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q1-dmd-text-garbled-johnnys-reboot

I would love any insight or suggestions you all might have. Also any mistakes or things I missed if that sort of thing interests you.

I also am starting to build those Johnny drives I mentioned before. Should be fun. A lot going on with me rebooting this machine and working on a few other mods. Again, as soon as I have something worth looking at I'll post a thread for those who are curious.

#1344 9 years ago

I am onto rebuilding the hand mechs and it looks like I need one set of couplings. The manual lists two sizes (.187 and .250). It is for the y-screw, and the one on the screw end (as opposed to the motor end). My best guess is that it is the .187 coupling as the y-screw appears to be smaller. The part is listed as 20-10278. Looks like the place I got my ramps sells these (AUSSIE AUSIE AUSSIE) but at $20 for one coupling and two rubber spiders (the other couplings look good, but I figured I might as well replace the rubber part as well) not AS appealing. For a full set it's $40 shipped....

I found this at Marcos ( http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/325-0002-00 ) which might do in a pinch but I'm not sure what size they are. And in the end I GUESS it comes out about even compared to getting the ones from Australia.....just wondering

Has anyone had any luck sourcing these for less?

****UPDATE*** So I am still open to alternatives (anyone 3d printing these??) but I have pretty much decided that after conversion to USD and knowing it'll be the exact right part I think it's worth it ($30) for a full set. Still I am going to hold off a week to see if anything else pops up.....sheesh....this thing is getting to be a PITA!!

#1346 9 years ago

I played another Johnny at League last night. Man o' man......I know why I am so focused on this project. LOVE IT! When it's all said and done, and the pf is a'glowin' I will have (mostly) forgotten about the cost and the headache and I'll just be focused on powering down.......It'll be worth it!

#1348 9 years ago

Yes....this is a keeper for sure. I know PinRob has what I thought was one of the most tricked out JMs out there. I see now why he has so much into it! BUT I sure do love the machine!

PS Scanning ramp decals now, designing the custom set, vectorizing, lots for me to be excited about in the coming months.

#1354 9 years ago

Someone get on that, ha

#1366 9 years ago

Does anyone know the size of the thread on the hex posts on the right side of the pf? slings and ramp area? My guess is 6-32 but I can tell for sure.

#1377 9 years ago

Dad beat me to the punch. I was working on one with some lights in it. I think I'll focus on the Johnny drive now, ha.

#1387 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I'd consider mine better than just "nice"

AKA prob the best Johnny in existence!!! From the pics it's pretty darn nice!!!

#1388 9 years ago

Hey, noticed my Johnny doesn't have the flipper coils listed in the manual. Looks like it has the red ones and the manual calls for blue (#FL-11629). Just confirming that is what everyone is using.

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I need one of these to get that title

Yes this is true! I have about 75% of the parts. The rest are on route from China as we speak!!! Get excited!

#1403 8 years ago

Does anyone else have rubbers on the nubs on your matrix pf? Looking at pics around the net no one seems to have them but some previous owner had some rubbers on there. Thoughts?
DSC_0167.JPGDSC_0167.JPG
Also.....what will I do with a whole box of these....hmm
DSC_0169.JPGDSC_0169.JPG

#1404 8 years ago

BTW. I know I'd love to see more footage from the Color DMD.....if someone wants to post some footage...

#1409 8 years ago

right on! Ohio is dominating with JM!!!

#1417 8 years ago

I like this direction. At first I thought the star was a little big.....then I thought...hmm....maybe not. I like it though. As for the yellow container. Can we see some video with the room lights off? I just want to see it glow. I play in the dark-ish (vampire) so I always want to see what it looks like darker. I like it though!

As soon as I finish these Johnny drives I can start thinking about adding some other toys!...aka a throwing star and a container. LOVE IT!!

#1437 8 years ago

A few small mounting issues to sort out (got the wrong sized bolts......) but I should have the Johnny drives sorted by this weekend. There is a silver disk (CD), purple (DVD), I am working on getting more black (those could take a while, we'll see), and I should have my matrix jackpot ref version by.......Friday.

I really wanted to put some flashers on it and I should still be able to do that but with me shopping (SLOWLY) my Johnny it's hard to test. I think you should be able to patch into the flasher that is at the top of the rt. ramp with some alligator clips. A few other places you can patch in as well. I just don't have all the bits together to figure out wire routing options.

Let me know if you are interested at all.

DSC_0192.JPGDSC_0192.JPG
DSC_0191.JPGDSC_0191.JPG

#1442 8 years ago

You could hook into the switches on the buttons or just put a new one...but that would be a pain. If the voltage were the same it would be dead simple......

DO the lights stay on the ball when you drop it in or does it go out. Cuz if it stays on I could DEF do that! But I don't think they do. Patching into those lights so at least it lights up when it lights on the matrix is very very do able.

SHEESH.....now I have to think about this too!!!

#1445 8 years ago

Does that clear plastic on the rt ramp look like the one on the lt ramp or is it smaller?

#1446 8 years ago

Also just sent the artwork for the Johnny Drive Jackpot version off. Should have a proof tomorrowish.

#1447 8 years ago

Another quick Q. I got the pinbits plastic protector set. But I can't figure out were this goes. Any ideas???

Plastic?.jpegPlastic?.jpeg
#1449 8 years ago

Well the one on the left has art on it. I was just looking through some other pics online and it looks like both the left and right should have printing on them. Well some do....hmm......now I need to find that one too.....

#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Probably necessitating another board that takes info from triggered switches and in turn lights a light??

Yeah, I think it might be kind of involved......

#1457 8 years ago

yes. I have seen that. But I think we want it to stay lit.......CODE UPDATE!!!!

#1461 8 years ago

Need to pick up the proofs of the DVD for the Johnny Drive but here is the artwork. Also my revised custom decals for the ramps on my glow Johnny....should glow in UV quite nicely....

JohnnysRebootdec.jpgJohnnysRebootdec.jpg
JackpotDVD2.jpgJackpotDVD2.jpg

#1465 8 years ago

Printing on transparent vinyl with white backing so it should look stock....well better.

#1469 8 years ago

Y'all gonna steal my sweet glowing Johnny idea. How will I ever win best in show, hahahaha

#1475 8 years ago

So far just the internationals....hahah

#1481 8 years ago

Well......they are pretty much custom for my machine. Just sharing for shock and awe.

#1483 8 years ago

Well that's sad!

#1486 8 years ago

Well it might look great. It looked terrible when I got it, and it's STARTING to look nice. We'll see. Custom decals, custom plastics......a TONNE! of blacklight, should glow!! We'll see.

#1487 8 years ago

Something seems fishy about this........sooooooooo what tells you that came from a JM?

ebay.com link: Johnny Mnemonic Promo Pinball Speaker Cutout NOS RARE

Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 7.51.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-09 at 7.51.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 7.51.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-09 at 7.51.34 AM.png
#1489 8 years ago

This is the point where I hang my head in shame. Despite about 200 pictures when I was tearing down my machine I can not for the life of me figure out the hex posts positions for the ramps.

Now in my defense the ramps were already off when I got the machine and the hex posts may have already been moved about. AND I know I am missing a few bits and pieces so it's possible I am off. I took a bunch of pics but it is hard to tell size. Plus I have gone through quite a bit to get these nice ramps and all these nice things and I would hate to mess them up because I put something on wrong. That said I should have taken NOTES....ha

What I have:
One 2-1/4 "
Two 3-1/8 "
One 3-3/4 "
One 4-1/4 "

Now I THINK the largest (4-1/4 ") goes up to the center 'matrix' ramp and also holds the metal matrix diverter.

And I think the smallest (2-1/4") goes at the bottom/middle of the right ramp. I am lost other than that and could be totally wrong.

#1490 8 years ago

OK I THINK I have it.

4-1/4 in the center to the matrix ramp
2-1/4 center/bottom of the right ramp
One each of the 3-1/8 on the back of the left and right ramps
And 3-3/4 to the left of the matrix ramp running near the left ramp's entrance....

I looks right to me....maybe...ha

#1491 8 years ago

Here is a little sneak peek at the Johnny Drive-Matrix Chart replacement/supplement.

Comes in chart version/purple (flip over for purple) and black. So if you need a chart or you can use this as decoration.

Anyone interested PM me. I am waiting to hear back on pricing for one last piece and then I'll get pricing. Should be under $1,000......but we'll see.

Jackpot
_SKN6791.jpg_SKN6791.jpg

Purple (flip side of jackpot)
_SKN6795.jpg_SKN6795.jpg

Black
_SKN67922.jpg_SKN67922.jpg

#1500 8 years ago

Be careful or I'll cancel Christmas! The wheels are turning. Should have things finalized soon.....pretty excited.

PS....so far thinking $998 might be the sweet spot......

#1507 8 years ago

This is prob the best guide out there. I just finished doing mine and this was a great help. Not to bad once you dig in!

http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=1615

#1509 8 years ago

So I was moments away from finishing the strip down and rebuild of the cyber glove units (everything back there taken off, cleaned, a lot replaced, etc). Anyway so I was referring to Blondi's page and I noticed this tiny little rod up that goes on the front side of the backboard. I then went into search then panic mode as I had taken SUCH great care to mark and store everything from the initial tear down.....because I COULD NOT FIND THIS ROD.....I looked everywhere, tore the room apart.......after a good hour or more of looking I thought.....was it ever there...sure it was.....so then I looked at some pics before I took the back unit off.....and low and behold it wasn't there. Relief of sorts....at least I didn't lose it!

So anywho does anyone know the purpose of this rod? It's not the X rod that goes behind the board, this is much smaller and is attached with E-clips (as far as I can tell in the manual). Oddly I bought the e-clips and couldn't figure out where they went, they were just listed in the parts list so I thought why not.

So.....part #, does anyone sell it, and what does it do? B/c it doesn't seem to support any weight.....

#1511 8 years ago

that's it....maybe I'll find an alternative until I put a new order in. Like I said I have the tiny e-clips already, ha. Cool well thanks.

#1531 8 years ago

Blue is a popular color for power coating. Seen it a few times. Red might look cool though

#1535 8 years ago

putting my cab out in the desert for a few weeks for the ultra premium white edition

#1541 8 years ago

I can teleport....can't you?

#1546 8 years ago

I might be bring the price down to $899 if I can get a good deal on parts.......tomorrow got a phone call to solidify some details...good news for all

#1548 8 years ago

for the right price we're all for sale.........

#1550 8 years ago

The last few pieces are on their way....Plans have been made....the wheels are turning...palms have been greased........the world will never be the same after they experience the Johnny Drive!!!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1551 8 years ago

confirmed that the price will be sub $898....pre-orders being taken*

* NO GUARANTEE YOU'LL EVER GET THE DRIVE WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER. BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW ORDERING NEVER WORKS TO ENSURE THE PRODUCT IS RELEASED. THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT IS TO ORDER IT ONCE RELEASED

#1554 8 years ago

Still putting the finishing touches on the Johnny Drive (SOON VERY SOON), and a few other projects but seeing what interest there is for a replacement DMD panel cover. Just the plastic part. I am thinking of doing this on metallic material so the parts cut out (speakers and DMD) will have a metallic border. VERY early stages. Just throwing it out there.

This would replace your existing plastic panel.

DMDsample.jpgDMDsample.jpg
#1555 8 years ago

Maybe this with the center of the speaker hole custom cut (2") out and you'll see the normal grill where that grey is. Where the disk is there would be small holes in the plastic but covered by the art to let more sound through. And then of course the DMD were the center grey is........

DMDsample2.jpgDMDsample2.jpg

#1560 8 years ago

Gotta keep it general. But I think there might be decals out there on Marcos or something....

#1561 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

And if you could come up with something that could continue the ray pattern on the crappy black plastic channel that the tl sits in that would REALLY be cool

I suppose a decal could be made.....I suppose it all kind of depends on interest and what price I can get on that. I think it would be pretty cool and would def set it all off and tie it into the translite!

#1564 8 years ago

Looking at 2" speaker holes to create the illusion.....I'll need to do a test to see how the audio is affected.

#1582 8 years ago

Quick question. I was playing NPO's Johnny (thanks dude....great machine, great collection, cool dude....HE DRIVES A DELOREAN....that's pretty darn cool!?!?) any who I noticed his left ramp was not screwed down, the flap was riveted to the ramp but the ramp wasn't screwed to the pf. I have noticed this in a few other pf pics. Is this common? I'm not by my machine right now but I am almost certain there are screw holes in the pf.

JOHNNY FOR LIFE!

#1584 8 years ago

I guess I am the only fan. But then again I love 'bad' movies...sooo

1 week later
#1638 8 years ago

are you selling them by the piece? I thought it was just by the set..

#1640 8 years ago

cool! I should actually read whole posts instead of just yelling about how excited I am...
MerQDMZ.gifMerQDMZ.gif

Great work
giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

Let's keep making some cool stuff!!
giphy-2.gifgiphy-2.gif

#1644 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Look at that red I am happy with my dark orange, but that sure looks nice.

If you look carefully he has an orange version too. Nice indeed

#1652 8 years ago

I've seen blue. Red or black would also be pretty sweet,

#1664 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Here's to another rebuild and getting those E clips

Live and learn.

BTW I'm stoked how much this thread is taking of

#1681 8 years ago

Thoughts? This shows where the speaker holes will be cut out. 1" in center and then 12 "vents". Also found out that I won't be able to print with the metallic ink. It won't look like what I want. There was the idea of having the speaker holes cut at 4" and then putting a real CD behind it, but cutting the speaker vents in the CD proved to be an issue.

Let me know interest or suggestions. Should be putting the order out by the end of this week.

Again, no logo for this one. You'll have to do your own decal as much as I'd love to......

It will still have the look of CDs on the speaker holes and around the DMD area, but not quite as reflective.

Test-v2.jpgTest-v2.jpg

#1682 8 years ago

Borrowed NPO's Color DMD still to give you a little perspective.

#1686 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I'm assuming you've yet to test it in an actual machine. That being said I'm wondering if it will have poorer sound quality compared to the standard speaker grills.

I based it off of the cut pattern on a few other machines. But yes I have yet to test it. In order for the pattern to show you have to do it this way. As far as performance it might alter the sound but degrade or make it poorer...I would feel no but others may say otherwise.

#1687 8 years ago

Hm.....sounds to me like maybe two versions. One with the CD, one without. As to color I am pretty set with what I have and what the printer can do for me so changing it now isn't really an option. It's very complimentary to the translite colors.

I'll gauge interest and see if it's worth doing either or at all. Please let me know if you have any interest or aversion.

#1689 8 years ago

Version 2. No CDs.

Test-v3.jpgTest-v3.jpg
#1691 8 years ago

And because I know the curious will ask....

I will most likely do just one style. MAYBE two....we'll see. Not too keen on this one. But it's out there.

Test-v4.jpgTest-v4.jpg

#1692 8 years ago

I agree.....chrome throwing stars would be pretty cool......

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm here, I can work with Adam on it.

The people have spoken!!! HAHAHA

#1698 8 years ago

This is just me throwing something together to see what 'conceptually' it would look like........

Test-v3STARS.jpgTest-v3STARS.jpg
#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey cool Tim. Your smaller 3D printed chromed stars would look kick ass as speaker plastics because they would have depth, they wouldn't be just a flat piece of plastic so the speaker lights would really light them up nicely and give them depth.

What are the limitations to ensure sound quality stays up?

#1701 8 years ago

Ahhh...yes the ol' 3" approach.....10-4 good buddy.

#1706 8 years ago

Looks like I will do a few of the CD versions and then the rest without the CD. If you want a CD and you haven't already contacted me please let me know. Seems that one will be the LE/Premium edition, ha. Right now the vents are about 1/8" I am going to up that to 1/4" should help alleviate some fears. And if you have NPO's speaker setup you could put a brick wall in front and it wouldn't stop it!!

Test-v3STARS.jpgTest-v3STARS.jpg Test-v2.jpgTest-v2.jpg
#1708 8 years ago

Yes acrylic with graphics back printed.

#1713 8 years ago

Does anyone know how to manually move the hand? Well control the hand via the menus. Couldn't find it for sure in the menus.

1 week later
#1727 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry to hear that, hopefully agodfreys new panel will be available soon.

YES! Hopefully. I may need to change suppliers. Small hold up getting it right....sheesh. But I have two very good options out there looking at it. SOON, VERY SOON!!! Ahhhhh

#1731 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the update, a "few" of us are waiting for it.

You and me both....sheesh....if the few little things I've done are any indication building a whole Pinball machine is mega hard!!

Like I said I have two emails out to different sources so one of them should come through. Hopefully soon... I'm getting impatient!!!

#1745 8 years ago

Quick question. On the right ramp I know the left hole has a hex post in it. And then I put the clear plastic on that and there is a rivet in that. Is there another hex post that goes in there on the right side? Or am I missing a metal piece?

I am putting my ramps back together and I was looking at some ref pics (not my ramp) and noticed that metal piece on the right side of the bend and don't seem to have it.......

A.

_57-1.jpg_57-1.jpg

1 week later
#1769 8 years ago

Does anyone recognize this plastic? Came with my set but can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. It doesn't fit near Crazy Bob's.....not sure where else it would go.....

400630-i.jpeg400630-i.jpeg

#1771 8 years ago

I am starting to think it was a left over piece. I have an email out to pinbits to see why they made it...ha.

A.

#1774 8 years ago

I was having some hand issues and some launch issues with my little project. After checking all the switches involved.....knowing full well I rebuild the hand mech stuff I was stumped. It kept giving me a no x progress error.

I knew the hand worked just fine in test. I could control it with no issues in test. But when I closed the door it stopped. Also the balls would launch in test and the door open.....

So yeah, the interlock switch was hooked up wrong. Checked the manual, flopped those puppies around and....bam!! Ball launch, hand runs.....sweet sauce!!!!

A.

#1778 8 years ago

EDIT: Artwork is out on the top version for final review. Should have these out.....sooonnnnnnn

So the hold up with the DMD panels is that the silver DMD border isn't printing quite silver enough. So I am looking at some options to just take it out. I will most likely just take out totally and round the edges (pic with Johnny in the helmet). I also toyed with having it fade into the DMD area (weirdo looking thing version) but not too sure about that.

The way I am going to do this is most likely make all of them with the full cut out since the CD printed wasn't looking good. I have the option to have the plastic cut to the CD version then have a mirror vinyl CD decal printed. I could also just print a mirror vinyl CD decal that could go directly onto the speaker grill. I think I might go that way as it will give you the most options and less interference with 'sound'. DO the CD thing for a while, or the throwing star (which will hopefully come from Mezel) speaker piece with one version of the panel.

Since the CD version was kind of a low interest item let me know what you guys want on that. And if you have any aversion to not having that border. In the end I'll do what I think will make the most people happy.

I want to get these finalized by the end of the week so input appreciated.

A.

Testv2-3.jpgTestv2-3.jpg
Testv2-2.jpgTestv2-2.jpg

#1779 8 years ago

I think I'm going to move forward with that top version. Most versatile. And MODDABLE....hahah

#1783 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How about the rays starting right at the dmd opening. What does that look like?

Hmm....Well the 'origin' point is right in the center of the DMD panel. I'm not quite sure what you mean. They do start right at the edges of the DMD. I popped that still in there just so you could get an idea of what it looks like but the ray will start right on the edges of the DMD if that's what you mean.

I think I'll move forward with the top version and have full cut out version. If there is enough interest (at least 10 people, right now I think I have 3 or 4) I can move forward with the CD decal.

#1787 8 years ago

And.......they're off!!! Met in the middle. Rounded corner with a little bit of feathering. Not sure of the distro process and holding off on the CD decals to make sure there is enough interest but they should hit the market by......late July!

Testv2-4.jpgTestv2-4.jpg

#1789 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It just looks like there is a black border, top, left and bottom of the dmd image on the right. I'll take one with the speaker cut outs.

Ahh I see. yeah that was just my quickly throwing a imagine in. This should give you a better idea of the borders

Testv2-5.jpgTestv2-5.jpg

#1804 8 years ago

Yeah pics pleez

#1806 8 years ago

Anyone know what size hex wrench to use on the set screws for the hand couplings? Mine came loose a little on the Y-axis. 5/64 seems too big maybe, and 1.5 (mm....whatever metric is) seems to small. Just don't want to trip it so I didn't turn tooooo hard.

#1813 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Glad I am using my original ramps, since there would be a lot more drilling and riveting going on to install new repro ramps. JM ramps have a ton of riveted items - the left ramp alone has 14 rivets (not counting the flap rivets).

I re-did all 3 of my ramps last night.....whole lot of rivets!!!! And looking at my old ramps and some pics online it seems that they used a lot of.....push rivets? or pop, not sure what they are called. the kind you pull the little ball into....anyway...lots of rivets!

A.

#1815 8 years ago

Would someone do me a quick favor and take a pick of the matrix ramp where the yellow sticker is. I have two posts I know go there and I can't figure out HOW they should be arranged. Not many close up pics of that area around. Thanks a gajillion

#1819 8 years ago

Yup that answers my question. Thanks!

Quoted from cynric:

Here you go. Hope you can see what you need in the reflection. Also took a pic of my spare ramp of that area. The lower hole goes on the steel bolt from the lower ramp, the upper ones has a long post towards the playfield.

#1827 8 years ago

Finally got my white decals on for all 3 ramps!! Also played a good 40 games since I got it up and running. Looking good if you are are interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q1-dmd-text-garbled-johnnys-reboot/page/4#post-2558679

#1828 8 years ago

Yeah! Dmd panels finished printing today. Should have them in by....next week sometime

#1829 8 years ago

New free play cards if anyone is interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g1j14w0c5ffsub/JM-4x6-print.zip?dl=0

Can be printed out on 4x6 photo paper (or at Walgreens) then cut off the black top and bottom

#1835 8 years ago

Small printing error. I have agreement that the file I sent was blue and these are not......so stay tuned. Sorry ya'll. Hope to have this sorted by week's end. GOT to get these out!!!

2015-07-28_16.39.03.jpg2015-07-28_16.39.03.jpg

#1837 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Blow out pricing on the purple?

That is option 2. Fingers crossed that I don't lose my shirt on this. Cuz NO ONE.....well outside of my wife, wants to see that. Me without a shirt that is...

I don't think it looks terrible. I just know MOST people won't like like it....well I think they won't....how about an LE purple edition.....40% more?!?!?!

#1838 8 years ago

BTW Paul at http://virtuapin.net/ is a REALLY nice guy. Give him any and all business you can.

#1841 8 years ago

I'd follow a thread for sure!

#1850 8 years ago

I think this is why I LOVE this pin...I love sci-fi like this. I find the movie to be great....butbi get why its not 320 gigs for everyone.... Ha. To each!

How is everyones playing?

#1861 8 years ago

Have you checked the ribbon cable? That can cause a lot of probs. If it was just the drop traget it would be a diode in the target switch... Hmmm

#1864 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Which ribbon cable? Theres quite a few.

In working on mine I went and wiggles all the cables and reseted them. I also cleaned all the contacts on the cables and the male side as well. I found that weird things happen when those are't on well.

And then like I said check the diode on that switch

#1867 8 years ago

Yeah. I went through them all because the big one that is connected to everything controls a lot. And then the one that goes from the CPU to the driver can cause issues. In the end it can't hurt to look them over.

#1868 8 years ago

I've been reading every one of these "Check F114 F115" threads I can find on all forums and the big difference I have from everyone else is that I don't seem to have any blown fuses, and all of my board's LEDs are still on.

I had this error message on mine and I think the solution (I did a bunch at once) was that the APIC socket was cracked. That or a cable was loose..... sorry I can't be more specific but those were the things that messed me up and how I fixed it.

#1870 8 years ago

Test print is back. Looks good. Going to get it up and triple check Should be back online in short order.

test.jpgtest.jpg

#1872 8 years ago

Nevermind. I don't know wtf im talking about

THAT'S The spirit!!

#1876 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where's the speaker cut-outs??? Don't tell me we are going to have to cut them ourselves.

Quoted from agodfrey:

Test print is back.

test print.......... Testing for color. They got the cut outs right Don't worry, hahaha

#1891 8 years ago

Any of you guys know what the part number for this is, or what you use instead? My rod fell out a few times and I ended up just bending the metal for now. Was going to just throw some small zip ties around the outsides, but wondered if there was a proper part for it. Thanks.
JM-Glove-Arrows.png

Here you go:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7308.1

#1892 8 years ago

That said I replaced mine with one from Home Depot. Just took the old one and they sell those rods for maybe.....$2. Cut it to length and I was gold.

#1895 8 years ago

They make tiny E clips that go on it. It's listed in the manual and it like...1/8" shafts. 270-5000-00 I think is the item #

#1912 8 years ago

Huh?? Mine are triangular!?!

#1927 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, where can I find a nice JM topper?

Mezel mods has a cool new one

#1931 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I had already looked at their page but couldn't find anything.....
Instead I found some crazy weird stuff like Johnny Drive and JM Throwing Star Dome Cover....

Don't get any of that stuff!! Ohh I got a Laser Disc. Had some sweet led flashers on it. But...my new gameroom ceiling it a bit to low for it. Going to find an alternative way to mount it

#1943 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is their any way to take advantage of the ball lock matrix device in the back of the PF? Can we get a 9 ball multi ball going? Change of software and a bigger ball troff?

Proc project!

#1948 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

So it's possible?

Anything is possible. As as far as from scratch.....you might be able to borrow some code that was written for Visual or Future pinball. It's kinda from scratch but it'll give you a head start.

#1949 8 years ago

On a side note....got the DMD panels and they are still purple. I've been promised this will be fixed ASAP. SO that said I am having a fire sale on the purple DMD covers. $18 shipped (the blue lasers are $40). I am also going to see if I can make a "chrome" version, that will prob be closer to $30 shipped in the US.

PM me if you have any interest. Sorry for all the delays, we'll get this!

Pic of the purple ones. White on the other side so you can put anything you want on them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/37#post-2590074

#1954 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Is this the purple one?image.jpg

That's blue

#1955 8 years ago

I'd love a longer video while I pull the money together. They, color dmd, really should do a full vid. Sigh

Quoted from NPO:

Here's a video I uploaded a while back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game-20-yes-game-20/page/2#post-2357965
It is absolutely worth it. There is SO much color on this release. JM really benefits from this, especially in Yakuza strike, holy crap it's like boxes of crayons exploding on the DMD.
If you'd like an updated/longer video, let me know.

#1958 8 years ago

ok. Finally got a sec to take a pic. Here is both sides of the fire sale purple version:
2015-08-26 20.54.45.jpg2015-08-26 20.54.45.jpg

Do with it as you please.

Also for those who asked here is the purple and blue side by side.
2015-08-26 21.01.33.jpg2015-08-26 21.01.33.jpg

With the right leds in your backbox might work colorwise but in generally still purple. The blue will match the colors a lot better and....I need to cash these in asap. Tooooooo many mods and too much money out there. Need to unload some.

So.....purples are now....$18 shipped in the US and blue is now $40 shipped in the US. I can also do some deals if you are buying a few or one of each or whatever. The more you buy, the more you save!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24088

I am start shipping purples this weekend and blues early next week (I should have them early next week, I'll post here as well as put up an ad)

Come on. Get them while they are HOTTTTT.

#1959 8 years ago

OK.... BLUES are in!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24088

Blues are $40 and include shipping in the US. First 10 people to order (I'll keep count here, 3 LEFT) get a free purple one as well. I'll get a pic of it on my machine ASAP. YAY!!!

2015-08-29_19.38.25.jpg2015-08-29_19.38.25.jpg
2015-08-29_19.37.41.jpg2015-08-29_19.37.41.jpg

#1961 8 years ago

Sad to see you go. Mayve you'll be back...maybe I'll see ya in a different club. Good journey.

050f20dd7b92b17866092f1ed1348609be1af6-wm.jpg050f20dd7b92b17866092f1ed1348609be1af6-wm.jpg

#1964 8 years ago

Let me know if you need more pics. I still need to take one with the new blue version installed. You get a really good idea with the test print. But I want to show you the final end product.

#1970 8 years ago

Here you are. I still have incandescents in my backbox. So that would be cooler in color. But the blue is based off the translite.

IMG_20150830_163750.jpgIMG_20150830_163750.jpg

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Is yours a prototype translight? I've never seen that one.

We all have our secrets....

#1978 8 years ago

Yeah...I thought the same thing.... Yikes!!!

#1979 8 years ago

Only 2 of the buy one get one's left. Shipping tomorrow. Get in while they are hotttt

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-replacement-dmd-acrylic-panel

#1980 8 years ago

LAST buy one get one's left. Next shipment goes out Saturday. Get in while they are hotttt
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-replacement-dmd-acrylic-panel

#1983 8 years ago

Y'all crazy Total Recall and Johnny were cinematic wonders. I love them!!!

#1990 8 years ago

Johnny is a 2k+ pin. ...on the rise!!!!!!!!!! You have to have a players cond its 2k.....up the value! Pinflation!!

#1991 8 years ago

Last buy one get one sold

#1995 8 years ago

Well now I feel bad. I could have dropped NpO in person on my way to picnics Sunday..... Sheesh. Sorry dudes

#1996 8 years ago

Hey fox yours is in SF.Paul!!! Close!

#1997 8 years ago

This is the end. Fire sale on Purples is over and all the buy one get ones are taken. Putting the new deal together now. Should be pretty sweet still. Thanks everyone for making this project worth while!

#2004 8 years ago

For sure! I need some mist multiball!!

Quoted from NPO:

Dude, I am not mad at all. I think it's funny that we're "getting all bent out of shape" over something so - in the GRAND scheme of life - not THAT big of a deal. Don't feel badly at all. I am 100% fine with the situation as it is.
Man, it's getting too serious round here D: ...
You should come over and play some BSD/ACDC! I'd say JM, but you kind of already have it .

#2007 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Go thru this thread... I can help you out... PM me anytime.

Or you could always get a Johnny Drive from mezel mods

#2010 8 years ago

NICE!! Yours will be even better than mine! Mine is just on there. But I kept changing from purple to blue and I'm working on a chrome.... We'll see. But blue is my favorite.

Quoted from NPO:

I am taking the time to change my speaker plastic with the new one from agodfrey. His stuff is VERY nice, and he put some good time into these to get them of high quality; and they fit VERY well.
When you do this, don't expect this to take 2 minutes, and you're done. B/W put some kind of plastic adhesive, and to put the new grill on right, you need to clean up the speaker panel and apply new adhesive to do it right.
I got the old one off using a boxcutter blade and took my time peeling it off for resale if someone wants an original B/W cover. I then cleaned off the mounting surfaces with isopropyl alcohol and some paper towels. While that dried, I took a staple gun and re-applied new stales to the speaker grilles as I found out they were loose and shaky. This happens because the mounting bolts for the speakers get torqued too far, and due to the bolt's length, the staples pop out and the grilles get loose. Once those were solid again, I applied 3M emblem adhesive (can get at any automotive store like Autozone), and mounted a bunch of clamps to hold the speaker panel in place. Later tonight, I will reinstall the speaker panel and do some before and after pictures for everyone.
20150906_172713.jpg

#2013 8 years ago

Thanks!! Hang out soon duder!!!

Quoted from NPO:

All done and installed! Forgive the translite looking whited out. The flash was on to emphasize the new speaker panel.
20150906_222720.jpg

#2015 8 years ago

Well cool!!! Always great to get something that looks better in person!!

Still a few left y'all <clears throat>

#2018 8 years ago

Thanks guys. See you sat Rob. And for anyone else who will be at the Cleve show. Ill have speaker panels and ramp decals.

#2022 8 years ago

We might have to go into business together!!

1 week later
#2049 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I understand a translite is out of the question??

Not really.....

3 weeks later
#2110 8 years ago

Still have some ramp decals if anyone need them PM me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-johnny-mnemonic-ramp-decals

Also have 5 blue and 5 purple DMD panels left.

#2125 8 years ago

Pinbits sells a kit. Let me know if you have trouble finding it on thier site

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Looking for JM's both ramp entrance metal flaps... can anyone help me?

#2128 8 years ago

I think mostly cool white with a few warms for some of the faces, red for the explosion .....and maybe a blue somewhere. But mostly cool white. I like yours though! Not bad

#2129 8 years ago

Ohhh and I have mostly frosted LEDs

#2133 8 years ago

the only place I have found ramps is.....Australia. Insane but true. I think someone down there must have the molds.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9417-2.html

The prices are in Aussie $$ but......still insane with shipping

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am officially in this club! I am bumping it to the front of the cue for tear down and refresh!
Any must have mods I should do along the way?
Anyone know where I can find a spare upper splitter ramp (the one that dumps from the grid), as mine is cracked.

1 week later
#2150 8 years ago

Yeah. that rod needs to move closer to the motor. those two couplings (called spider couplings in the manual) need to be firmly seated together. they are very apart here.

Tried to find a pic of them together...failed. but yeah they need to be nice and snug. NOW dont run it too much more that way b/c the only place that sells replacement couplings is Australia. Ask me how i know......

good resource:
http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=1615

I am currently rebuilding thall17's mechs. I might be open to rebuilding more once i get these done. I got the knowledge, i got the power!

#2151 8 years ago

Looked more at your pictures. Cant figure out why its so far over. the motor side looks good but the rod end should be over.

#2158 8 years ago

All these couplings are more than £30.......maybe I am looking in the wrong place.....

#2164 8 years ago

that will replace the rubber in-between but the actual couplings, there are two sizes you need:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/johnny-mnemonic/20-10279.html

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/johnny-mnemonic/20-10278.html

I'd love to find a domestic source for those. I have been thinking about offering a rebuild service or the whole back area. Got to find a good source for all the parts.

Quoted from Pinterest:

I ordered these - a direct replacement for the couplings for JM.
amazon.com link »

#2167 8 years ago

For a basis here os what they are going for at Marcos:

Right hand $28
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9425

Left hand $39
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9424

1 month later
#2182 8 years ago

I'm digging up my file now for you

3 weeks later
#2213 8 years ago

Ohh you guys. I should leave more often. I actually reactivated by accident but hey. When people miss me.... Shucks.

I will say I really enjoyed my vacation. Might keep it scaled back but I'll be around.

Btw. Out of grey decals. More or less (one semi set is spoken for). Still have full white sets.

Good to be back and missed

1 week later
#2222 8 years ago

It does got there just to the left of crazy Bob's. It connects to the two nuts and extends to the left under one of the pop bumper caps. It confused me too. Finally got it put on. I thought I posted something about it in here. Maybe not. Let me know if you need a pic.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I put some clear plastic protection on recently and I have one left over. Not sure where it goes.
image_(resized).jpeg
At first I thought it was for that area just to the left of Crazy Bob's but it's not quite right. Also, I've never seen a plastic there except for that little triangle that does nothing.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2225 8 years ago

I still have a set of custom white ramp decals if anyone needs then. Let me know. Here is what they look like.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q1-dmd-text-garbled-johnnys-reboot/page/4#post-2558679.

#2227 8 years ago

yes, just to the left of Crazy bob's. It overs that gap to the left and the large part is on the top (closest to the hand mech) with it facing left. If you need a pic I can take one of mine.

Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Anyone know where the following JM plastic protector goes?

20160119_112258_(resized).jpg

#2228 8 years ago

Oddly. I think I answered this question about a week ago on this thread and then I had the same Q about 10 months ago....I even emailed pinbits.....they had no idea. hahaha,

#2230 8 years ago

For all of those wondering....here are way more pics than you asked for. Now, mine is frosted, b/c thats what I did to mine along with white ramp decals, but you'll get the idea. Happy to provide any help I can.
IMG_20160119_193551_(resized).jpgIMG_20160119_193551_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160119_193535_(resized).jpgIMG_20160119_193535_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160119_193603_(resized).jpgIMG_20160119_193603_(resized).jpgIMG_20160119_193526_(resized).jpgIMG_20160119_193526_(resized).jpg

#2232 8 years ago

Wait till you see what I have up my sleeve. More JM mods coming.....this SPRING!!!! Thanks for your patience....had to take a little break....but the ideas haven't stopped.

#2268 8 years ago

Ok.... Dad is home. Kids stop fighting. We are all family. Let's just moved along and chase spinner millions and power down, ok

#2276 8 years ago

I think those have been there for like....years. and they will be. Something like that is what we old timers call fishin' Those things don't take up a lot of space and someone somewhere might bite. I wonder if you offered like $25 if THEY would bite?!?!

1 week later
#2296 8 years ago

Doing another round of grey decals. PM me to get on the list. Still have some white sets and willing to make a deal.

#2306 8 years ago

I bet he has a mega cool alt translite....

Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Whats with the ghost translite?

#2318 8 years ago

Working on colorizing JM using the new rgbDMD. Pretty sweet.

IMG_20160206_232500_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_232500_(resized).jpg

#2322 8 years ago

Working with Eli (of Tron ramp el wire fame) and the other pinheads to get it colorized.

It's absolutely beautiful in person. Keeps the overall feel of dots but very vibrant. It'll prob be....a week or so before I have any real color to show....all by hand. But I'll get a vid out.

I ended up spending more on the dmd than you might have to BUT Aaron from FAST Pinball created a custom holder and personally inspected and checked them so it was prob about the same. Got the board and software from Eli, PSU is 5v 6a from amazon (half the price of some of the other places), and...some bits and bobs..

All told I'm prob about....~$165. I'd say max $170 but I had some of the pieces laying around I'd have to buy.

All in all ssuuppper happy. Very vibrant and even in white looks amazing

#2324 8 years ago

Pass #1 . terrible video. But better than nothing

#2331 8 years ago

Exploring possibilities

IMG_20160208_164236_(resized).jpgIMG_20160208_164236_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160207_185924_(resized).jpgIMG_20160207_185924_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#2372 8 years ago

There are plastic sets available as well as ramp decals and translites if you know to ask.

#2384 8 years ago

There are purple ones left....sea of purple... Ha

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I can attest that the decals and the translite are awesome... no more speaker panels?

#2389 8 years ago

Puck has a different translite than that one. I think he made something totally new.

Quoted from PinRob:

3 posts down - top of this page is a pic of it

#2392 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

.... that nobody ever saw....

Nope.....keeping it tight on that one...

#2393 8 years ago

I imagine it to be amamamamazing. So in that sense... Wowowowowi

#2394 8 years ago

I'm basing this off of the fact that he posted this picture a while ago where you couldn't see the cabinet or the translite but you could see that it was Johnny Mnemonic. He conveniently blurred out everything of interest to us modders. So I'm assuming it's something absolutely positively amazing and Innovative and he's waiting for the big reveal. So in that sense I can't wait to see the whole package!

f5fe2db00a2ec6291e2a610fba03667f0b5c46fe.jpeg_(resized).jpgf5fe2db00a2ec6291e2a610fba03667f0b5c46fe.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#2395 8 years ago

Sorry I dictated that last post. I'm sure you get the general idea

1 week later
#2409 8 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

No pinduino , proc ( fast pinball) controller also have 3 x 2.2 LCDs for video , but having issues hiding the wiring

SO is it a PROC or a fast controller?

#2410 8 years ago

Hey,
If anyone is missing the Jackpot matrix map Mezel Mods has the Johnny Drive on sale:

http://mezelmods.com/collections/johnny-mnemonic/products/johnny-drive

#2413 8 years ago

Opps fixed

Quoted from foxtj24:

That is an ad for tires

#2415 8 years ago

Hmm.... I thought spikes just started from the start after you collect them all. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I know you can stack Yakuza mode into a multi ball. But I think other modes freeze....

2 weeks later
#2447 7 years ago

Just a heads up. I still have a few custom white ramp decal sets. Need to raise some $ so let me know if you're in need or want..

#2449 7 years ago

I had grey sets. Sold out. Not enough interest in doing another run to make more. Maybe in a year or so...more ramps break...

#2451 7 years ago

True. Or Cliffy now has a protector for the left and right ramp in the kit in addition to the shooter lane and crazy Bob's.... I think that's the whole kit. Very well made. Or if you have the skill that technique would work well.

#2453 7 years ago

Here are the protectors it comes with.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/26#post-2374772

I am missing a pic of the shooter lane protector and the right ramp protector (which didn't come about until I emailed Cliffy and sent him a ramp to model one). Great kit!

The last pic shows the matrix diverter as well, that's not in the kit. In the kit is a protector for the corner of the ramp that protects the corner from the ball when it comes out of the matrix.

#2460 7 years ago

Yeah. He has a lot of games not listed. Best to email him with a list of your games and ask what he has, ha

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I guess it was never listed at his web-site.... I'll shoot him an e-mail...

1 week later
#2487 7 years ago

I;m telling you.....Puck is vodoooooooo.. He can blur out the translite even when you are standing right next to it....photo proof.....

Crazy voodoo!!

Screen_Shot_2016-05-23_at_11.56.26_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-23_at_11.56.26_PM_(resized).png

3 weeks later
1 month later
#2537 7 years ago

Hello. Raising money for a WOZ so I am trying to sell out of the white ramp decals. Let me know if you want/need a set and we'll deal. Nothing ridiculous but I'm willing to work it workit

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/37614

#2538 7 years ago

Revised the ad so it was a little clearer. Willing to wheel and deal on multiple sets.

#2540 7 years ago

HAHAHAH......I think I am fresh out. I MIGHT have one purple left. I'll have to look. I know I have a blue one but that goes with my JM as a spare. So you'd need to REALLY want that one.

Quoted from phillymadison:

Making anymore speaker covers? That might help make some Woz funds

Down to 3 sets of white decals now. Get them whilst they last.

#2541 7 years ago

If I could get a firm commitment of like 10 people....I might be compelled to do another run of blue covers.......just sayin'

#2546 7 years ago

Ok kids. Desprite times. Sounds like y'all want some mods. Pm me if you want the blue dmd cover. Bit of a back burner but I got a price on them and would just need like...10ish people on board.

Also alt translites. I know you're thirsty for them. I have been listening in on your private phone calls!!! Seems like some cool ones coming out. Pm me if you want some of the one I did. I would prob only need 5 people. There are a few print options. Price would range. I can discuss deets.

That is all. Oh and 3 ramp decal sets left...maybe it was two. Either way just a few.

#2557 7 years ago

There are repro plastics as well as ramp decal sets. In that set is the left ramp plastic decal.

#2565 7 years ago

Last set of ramp decals. Looking into a new source for DMD panels. Seeeems you guys want them! We'll see

#2570 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/38250
Hey hey hey. I have 6 out of 10 people needed to run the blue DMD panel again. Any other takers? If I can find a vendor that will give me a decent price I'm hoping for them to be $35 again
1.bounoun
2.2Kaulitz
3.phillymadison
4.onemoresean
5.nightsearcher
6.Hazoff
7c8a80d2bc34308615e6ea758c070184854629ce_(resized).jpg7c8a80d2bc34308615e6ea758c070184854629ce_(resized).jpg
874cd5b1504ea962025179257f73d9a055320f2e_(resized).jpg874cd5b1504ea962025179257f73d9a055320f2e_(resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Got one more.

Willathrilla

No real good news one the pricing front. Right now seems prices have gone up. But still looking.

#2572 7 years ago

Thank you thank you..... ~takes a bow~

#2574 7 years ago

Need two more people for translites. Anyone?

#2579 7 years ago

Translites are about 80% going to happen. Just need a final count to see the cost. Any other takers? Here were the interested people. PM me if you aren't interested and I just put you on the list in my dreams

2Kaulitz
onemoresean
freddy
Boomer71
bounoun

#2581 7 years ago

Depends how many are on the list. Right now it's looking about $65 in the US

#2584 7 years ago

Ok looks like we have enough people for the translite. I'll PM everyone individually to make sure you are still a go. If you haven't PM'd me or if you have and you don't get a PM today PM me to get on the list. Or off, whatever, ha.

A.

#2586 7 years ago

Order submitted. Instructions sent. And they all rejoiced! If for some reason you missed out let me know ASAP. I might be able to add you to the order.

#2588 7 years ago

Ok. Now that the translite is closed and ordered need 3 more to run dmd panels. Who is it going to be?

3 weeks later
#2601 7 years ago

There are also guys in Portugal doing them . Have been for years. Any new cabs came from them. Well I assume until now

1 month later
#2643 7 years ago

Second hand decal market....only increase in value now that I am all sold out of complete sets.

#2647 7 years ago

That's weird. Yeah I think you got one grey and one white....I think anyway. Fun project. Maybe someone will pick up the torch

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though I bought 2 different sets from you, I ended up using none, because the restorer did use new decals on the ramps (don't ask me where he bought them, I don't know).

#2652 7 years ago

OK kids. Doing THE LAST AND FINAL (no Stern surprises upping the numbers ) run of the alt translite. Putting the order in Friday BLACK METAL FRIDAY (

) they'll be $65 shipped in the US. Last chance y'all......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
Slap Save Creations

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.00
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
273 posts in this topic match your search for posts by agodfrey. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agodfrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=agodfrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.