20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3391 4 years ago

I'm trying to figure out the calibration of my glove in the auto run test. Everything seems fine except that the magnet doesn't drop the ball on any of the left-most sections. It will take the ball to that section, but never drop it. If I shake the ball loose so the magnet will release that ball over the playfield, it will continue the test onto the next ball and place that ball in its proper place (the center section) and the ball after that goes without an issue to the proper right-most section. Why isn't it dropping the ball into the left-most section?

Possibly related, in-game it will drop balls into the grid fairly reliably, but will often not release the ball during the CURE NAS or Loop it through Jones modes--those that begin with the ball being dropped into the 3 top lanes.

I've done factory resets, and cleared previous auto run test data. I'm also familiar with the blondihacks link that everyone posts on here. I've given up on the ball in hand switch, so I removed that. X and Y nuts are new, magnet is new.

#3393 4 years ago

You can remove the switch and the game plays fine, but it has a credit dot telling you to check that switch. I still have a new one if I ever feel like revisiting the mechanism, but it's playing more reliably without it.

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from blondie7575:

As far as I know (but I'm not an expert on this), the ball-in-hand switch is only used to duty-cycle the magnet to reduce power consumption once the ball is caught. Presumably this is to improve longevity by reducing strain on the magnet and/or power driver circuit. Some people remove the switch entirely, and report no ill effects aside from a credit dot. Williams Service Bulletin SB85 seems to confirm that this is the only purpose of the BIH switch.

Here's a good explanation from Blondie.

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My hand will not drop a ball in the 3 spots closest to the back of the machine from the glove. It won’t move that far back. Has anyone encountered this problem?

I didn't get any answer on my post just a few before yours--mine won't drop in the 3 left slots. I think it has to do with the auto run calibration in test mode. That test likely tells it where each position is, but I would imagine there's going to be more help asking about this in the tech section since club threads are more "check out my mods and LED's".

9 months later
#3545 3 years ago

Has anyone ever thought about doing something like Tron's Eli ramp-style with JM's ramps? Also while I was way out there, I wonder if it's possible to paint the gloves with blacklight-reactive paint that wouldn't show under normal lighting, but would give another bit of weirdness to the playfield. For the cherry on top, might as well do either of the previous ideas for the grid too.

#3550 3 years ago

Now I'm picturing the glow paint on the gloves and MORE WIRE around the upper grid. It looks pretty good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=agent_hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.