20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3611 3 years ago

Does it only happen with the right flipper on and not the left?

Looks to me like the interruptor for the flipper button opto is super sensitive and right on the edge and when the launch happens it causes just enough vibration to cause it to flicker.

Swap flipper opto boards and see if it corrects the problem.

1 week later
#3624 3 years ago

It’s quite nice, I agree. The placement is nice too. No obstruction to gameplay.

1 month later
#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I have found that getting a complete set of JM plastics is difficult. So I would like to gauge interest and see if we can escalate this. If a company were to make replacements would anyone out here be interested purchasing a set?

Pretty much every game needs the same broken plastic. The one over the left ramp.

An easy break set is probably more desirable.

#3634 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just getting some time with this pin and really enjoying it. Definitely and underrated game.
I see on the DMD, it says something about items. What does that mean?

When you finish a mode completely, shoot crazy bobs for an award. 1st award is a Pemex Doubler. It helps during the Power Down wizard mode.

1 week later
#3642 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Speaking of plastics and things to need, I need a speaker panel plastic.
Mine came with a nice blue repro, but it's not the original one (which looks better to me).

If you end up selling the Blue one let me know.

3 months later
#3728 2 years ago

Items are available at Crazy Bob’s when you successful complete a mode. the further in the mode also gets you more GBs. Without 320GB you can not start Power Down.

Johnny forces you to play the modes and not time them out. The 50GB award from the matrix is pivotal if you stink at completing the modes.

3 months later
#3758 2 years ago

That speaker panel really pops. Looks so good.

2 months later
#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Here is the mirrored Backglass from CPR, guys.

It looks amazing. Bought a bunch of backglasses recently, waiting on delivery.

Can you go over what trim you used with this new backglass?

2 months later
#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey all
Has anyone installed the new CPR speaker panel on their game?
The instructions on their site state that you use double sided tape over the existing panel.
That doesn’t make sense to me. Would it be then too thick to fit into the channels?
I would assume the original panel needs to be removed
What’s curious is they also sell speaker panels for games that don’t have a U channel like MM and MB with the same instructions

I have the CPR panel. It is not a direct replacement for the black plastic panel. This panel is larger and sticks to the H Chanel as well as the lower c channel. With double sided tape.

The panel also has a cut out for the dmd. You leave your old black panel in place and the clear part of that panel covers the dmd.

For this game they should have made it smaller and made it a direct replacement for the boring black panel. With no cut out.

2 months later
#3971 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Anybody know if these 5 red bulb condoms are the only ones? No other bulbs had them.
I have also seen a photo where the one under the left ramp is on the lower bulb and not the upper like mine? thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

They were the only ones on my game when I got it as well. No other dome covered bulbs.

3 months later
#4038 1 year ago
Quoted from FullTilt_Pinball:

I just got my JM and noticed there isn’t a left post for the outlane. There’s one with a double ring on the right side. Is this supposed to be how it’s played or is mine missing? If so, does anyone have the part #??

When I first got my game 20 years ago, that same post was missing. Probably to keep ball times down.

#02-5107, $4 from Marco.

3 months later
#4119 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

BUMP, anyone tips ?

Sounds like your magnet in the hand is not working. Test the magnet in coil test and make sure it is actually grabbing a ball when you hold one under the hand when you activate the test.

#4122 1 year ago

Ok. I would check the launch ball button switch. If the launch ball is always activated it will drop the ball immediately instead of letting you place it in the matrix.

If the ball launch switch tests fine, test each switch in both the column and row that ball launch is in. Could be a switch short or diode.

1 month later
#4161 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I have the CPR panel. It is not a direct replacement for the black plastic panel. This panel is larger and sticks to the H Chanel as well as the lower c channel. With double sided tape.
The panel also has a cut out for the dmd. You leave your old black panel in place and the clear part of that panel covers the dmd.
For this game they should have made it smaller and made it a direct replacement for the boring black panel. With no cut out.

I would like to amend my comment on the CPR speaker panel replacement. The panel is a DIRECT replacement for the factory black speaker panel plastic.

I had one of the first ones every made by CPR and the dimensions were to a wpc95 panel, which is why my original was too big.

My new CPR speaker panel plastic is perfect. I event cut the panel wood to light up "The Ultimate Hard Drive" red portion.

cpr panel (resized).jpegcpr panel (resized).jpeg
#4168 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has someone created a new GB spinner sticker to correct the Gb error? Fairly new here and haven't gone through all previous posts. Was this just a mistake from Williams?

What is the error?

1 week later
#4179 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone else make their game harder? I removed the adjustable, left outlane post completely. Right outlane post is in the middle position, didn't change that.
Extra ball memory is off. You need to collect the extra ball before draining. I prefer this in general with all my games because it gives the extra ball a sense of urgency. Otherwise if you know you can drain because it's lit on your next ball, that's not fun.
Mnemonic Recovery, left outlane ball save memory is off. It's lit for ball one, but every ball after you have to re-lite the ball save. Does not carry over to the next ball, every ball starts with it off.

Those are all excellent changes. I have seen many JM missing the left outlane metal post.

Before the changes how often where you reaching PowerDown?

2 weeks later
#4195 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone ever tried to recreate the topper in this pic from the Pinball Compendium?
I have the promo board shown on the front but not the side pieces
[quoted image]

Please post pics of the promo board.

1 week later
#4199 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It finally uploaded!
[quoted image]

Anyone have one of these promo posters for sale?

1 month later
#4209 10 months ago

How tight is everyone’s playfield and cabinet? Wanted to add some mirror blades or art blade to JM. My game seems to be extremely tight.

#4211 10 months ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I couldn't get them in mine without cutting the inside laminate to sink the blades into the cabinet.

Did you router a recess into the cabinet? Is that how you cut it?

1 month later
#4256 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Looking for an Johnny key fob.. Does anyone wanna sell?

At Allentown, they had repros for $7. They are larger and made by ClassicArcades.

C1761451-E844-40B8-9905-A1E8145D7C73 (resized).jpegC1761451-E844-40B8-9905-A1E8145D7C73 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4285 8 months ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Here ya go. The black flippers do look good, especially with the red Titans on them. They look even better in person. [quoted image]

I think I like your orange bumper caps and rings even better.

1 week later
#4300 7 months ago
Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

Any one know if this post, located under the bottom arch is supposed to have a rubber on it?
Thank you.
[quoted image]

I put a rubber on my post. Doesn’t interfere with ball ejecting to shooter lane.

7 months later
#4424 25 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just joined the club. I passed on this title years ago and went with Super Mario Bros. for the same price. That was a fun game but always regretted making that move. Very nice condition and plays great. I only had a handful of games on this before. I plan to bring to Pintastic this year. Any tips for bringing this game to a show? Open the outlanes? Disable the glove?

Just make sure the glove rods are lubed up and the XY nuts are good and Johnny will be problem free.

The left ramp plastic that is on top of the ramp takes a beating and is usually broken or graphics worn off. If yours is good, I’d put a plastic protector under it.

#4430 20 days ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

So I just burned through another glove rebuild, this is the 2nd time. I'm getting like 100ish games maybe out of the bigger main glove nut and then it's smoked. The weight of the glove makes the rod eat through the side of the nut. Yes I keep it nice and lubed and moves freely. I guess maybe it's time to try replacing the rod itself? I've only been replacing the nut.
Also, does anyone know if the original nut was brass? These replacements definitely seem cheap. Thanks

Send a pic of your threaded rod. Notice any burrs or sharp edges ok the rod?

Where are you getting your nuts from?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=Stebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.