20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2176 8 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello.
I am looking for the little "Diverter"
To the Left under the matrix.
I saw some in plastic? Please contact me if you know Where to get one.

Mezelmods.com

#2178 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Mezels is 3D printed. Looks kinda off

I suppose, but it's black and I don't notice it. Does the job. A metal one would be nice, easy enough to make with some thin stainless or aluminum.

#2181 8 years ago

I'm trying to find this left ramp cover plastic or make a new one. Anyone willing to share the art?

IMG_3035.jpgIMG_3035.jpg

#2183 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I'm digging up my file now for you

Thanks!

#2189 8 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

I can scan it for you tomorrow

Agodfrey has me covered so please don't go to the trouble. Thank you, much appreciated.

2 weeks later
#2199 8 years ago

Here you go

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2203 8 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Imeanthe connectors inthe right bottom on the picture

Ok sorry for taking so long. In the middle of a shop job and couldn't move the playfield last night. I took a closer look at this connector and there's nothing attached?!

#2207 8 years ago

Anybody know why Agodfrey deactivated? He sold me some nice ramp decals.

1 week later
#2215 8 years ago

I put some clear plastic protection on recently and I have one left over. Not sure where it goes.

At first I thought it was for that area just to the left of Crazy Bob's but it's not quite right. Also, I've never seen a plastic there except for that little triangle that does nothing.

1 week later
#2231 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Oddly. I think I answered this question about a week ago on this thread and then I had the same Q about 10 months ago....I even emailed pinbits.....they had no idea. hahaha,

Oh that was me. Same page even. Meant to say thanks - you are the true Master of Powerdown!

1 week later
#2285 8 years ago

Check the magnet connector. It's a 3 pin Molex (I think) and one of my wires broke due to flexing there. You probably have a loose connection there.

#2315 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

As I mentioned, the ball gets launched in the air, but the magnet never ever catch it. It's like the magnet is not magnetized.

Check the magnet connector. It's a 3 pin Molex and one of my wires broke due to flexing there. You probably have a loose connection there.

#2317 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I do not have the machine at home, it's at a friend's place. I am new to this machine, so I do not know it at all: so when I go to my friend's place, I need to be somehow prepared..
Can somebody please post a pic of this 3 pin Molex, that also shows its position inside the machine?

I can get you a photo next week but it's about 3 inches from the magnet just behind the back wall - can't miss it.

#2323 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Ok, thanks.
Anyway, running the hand test the hand moves for just 1/2 seconds, then says "failed". Then in the error report I read "hand mechanism is broken".
So maybe some problems with the whole mech, not only the magnet..

Make sure you close the coin door or the test will not run. This thread has all the info you need.

#2326 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

thanks. yes, I just recently realized that! in fact initially the hand did not move at all. but closing the door it just move for few moments and then stop.

I snapped a quick photo before I left this morning. If you zoom in you can see the white molex connector behind the back wall. Sorry it's not great, I was in a hurry. I would say again to check all the connections to the hand mech. The way the wire runs were designed all the connections will break from fatigue eventually.

#2329 8 years ago

I would start in Switch Test - and using the switch matrix chart from the manual, go through and test each switch until you find the bad one, then fix or replace it. Also make sure you are running the hand test correctly, it's not very intuitive at first. It took me a few tries and then I went back and read that section of the manual. There are 3 or 4 different options in the test you can run - the last being auto test which runs through a lot of things in sequence.

Lastly- I just did a search for "hand test" in this thread. Lots of posts came up- not an unusual problem...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tq=Hand+test&tu

3 weeks later
#2342 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Keanu Reeves Johnny Mnemonic action figure.... Figuring out how to make it into a topper!

1_-_20160304_142711_(resized).jpg3_-_20160304_142246_(resized).jpg

Step away from the action figure and put your hands where I can see them. Nice and slow.

#2352 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Thumbs up!
Keep in mine that the fuse probably (but not necessarily) blew for a reason, i.e. it's sort of likely to blow again until you find and fix whatever was wrong the first time...

Agreed. There's a short somewhere. Unless you were working on things with the power on!

1 month later
#2432 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

need help i'm getting a F5 hand error for switch ball never gets picked up by hand.

So are you saying the magnet is not working? Check the magnet connector. It's a 3 pin Molex. On mine one of the wires broke due to flexing there. You may have a loose connection there.

#2440 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

What happend is I unhooked the switch to see if magnet would work. So the magnet got the ball for sec after 2 tries and with little smoke the ball drops.

So I need to check it on the driver board ? The wires on magnet and switch are not in the best shape.
The for all the help so far.

I believe earlier in this thread someone said the purpose of the switch in the hand is to reduce the magnet power after the ball is captured. But yeah if it smoked that's not good. Maybe someone put in a larger fuse than recommended?

3 months later
#2560 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I haven't read through the whole JM thread, but if I understand correctly, you are selling just the decals?
If I can't find a repro plastic, would it work to just buy the plastic protector from pinbits(using it as a repro plastic) and the decals from you?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.
This is the only plastic that is missing. (but I would gladly buy the whole decal set if that is the only way)

That's exactly what I did

3 months later
#2662 7 years ago

Here's mine. Looks like 10uF , 50V

IMG_5376.JPGIMG_5376.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=Jgaltr56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.