20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorgar666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3704 2 years ago

I’m in.

78BA4554-3D51-4D69-8896-585D0C60F483 (resized).jpeg78BA4554-3D51-4D69-8896-585D0C60F483 (resized).jpeg
#3709 2 years ago

Has anyone removed both Rubbers off this Pops Exit? I already removed 1. Huge slow down here. Wish there was just a ball guide in this area. Any ideas? Also, what is that plastic with the hole for?

3310308F-D0DD-45F2-B5FE-DA84F0709640 (resized).jpeg3310308F-D0DD-45F2-B5FE-DA84F0709640 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3710 2 years ago

Any key fob available for JM?

7F4621C5-9DEE-4ED7-BA11-90F1C82F3BB8 (resized).jpeg7F4621C5-9DEE-4ED7-BA11-90F1C82F3BB8 (resized).jpeg
#3714 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

That’s a nice looking Johnny

Thanks. $100!!???

#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from nams:

Long time lurker and first time poster.
Picked up a Johnny as my first pinball a few weeks ago and happy to be a member of the club. Had a few electrical issues as well the standard fade but have already rectified the majority of the electrical gremlins (mainly broken wires that needed resoldering), replaced some playfield parts and added LED's. Plans are to enjoy it while everything is working, before stripping it back to clean up the cab, re-decal, clean up some of the wiring and replace a few plastics etc...
[quoted image]

Welcome, I am new as well one month old. I’ve been thinking of putting mirror blades. Do you have any plans on putting side blades? Also, what’s your feelings on the ball exiting the pops exit? Kinda slows down play too much for me.

#3721 2 years ago

Flippers die for some reason sometimes during game play? Any ideas?

1 month later
#3734 2 years ago

Is there any replacement ramps available? I just ordered a cliffy set to stop the cracking on the left ramp...

#3737 2 years ago

That really isn't a bad price for all three plastic moldings. My damage so far is minimal and will be covered with the Cliffy. Now its a waiting game. out of order until then. I will shoot them an Email and ask for the cost of only the left ramp shipped to the US. Thanks for the info guys.

1 week later
#3739 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I could use ramps too, but how are you guys planning on getting new decals to go on the ramps?

They sale the

Quoted from majicman110:

I could use ramps too, but how are you guys planning on getting new decals to go on the ramps?

Good Question. I thought I saw them available somewhere. For now I’m going to seal and cover the cracks with Cliffy’s.

1 week later
#3741 2 years ago
ECA79D1C-E481-4A27-896A-0E9131504896 (resized).jpegECA79D1C-E481-4A27-896A-0E9131504896 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#3743 2 years ago

Is there set screws in the X,Y, screw drive shaft? Yesterday my Hand Mech. got stuck. I had to manually move it to Home Position. I believe there is holes for set screws. I can't find no information on part numbers. Everything seems to be working fine but looks to be missing something on that Spider gear.

1 week later
#3745 2 years ago

Here was my problem. This little roller switch was getting stuck forward. This was the issue with the hand getting stuck whining forward.

AD8C3594-0356-48DB-8FB5-6D550449B6D5 (resized).jpegAD8C3594-0356-48DB-8FB5-6D550449B6D5 (resized).jpeg
#3748 2 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Damn, Dave- you make that shirt look GOOD

Definitely Cliff!

3 weeks later
#3757 2 years ago

3rd for the Speaker Panel

2 months later
#3799 2 years ago

Welcome. There is also a JM Club on Facebook.

#3800 2 years ago
B05BE1DA-C064-47F4-8E8D-CA5D59B22313 (resized).jpegB05BE1DA-C064-47F4-8E8D-CA5D59B22313 (resized).jpeg
#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've noticed on my game that the playfield gets dirty REALLY fast. I don't have any other game that I need to clean as often. There is constantly black stuff that seems to appear out of nowhere. I don't have any black rubber in the game. In fact, all the rubber has been replaced with Titan silicone rings. The only thing I can think of is that it is somehow caused by the magnet in the glove. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

How’s the screwdrive? Is it in good condition and lubed? Metal to Metal contract will surly do this.

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm assuming it's fine. The guy I bought it from rebuilt it right before he sold it to me, and the game doesn't have a lot of plays on it since then.

hmm...

1 week later
#3826 2 years ago

Welcome, I’m gonna make a long distance phone call! Snarf.

#3830 2 years ago

Wow, that will be challenging. Have fun! How’s the screw Mech condition?

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Here's a couple of starting pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can I share these pics to my Pinball Facebook page neighbor?

#3840 2 years ago
Quoted from bcscooter:

Recently joined the club unfortunately the glove was not working. Tearing down and replacing. While tearing down one of the dc motors dropped and was seized. Trying to find just the motor to order I noticed I could only find the complete motor assembly for $200 at Marco. Searched the internet with no luck. Pulled back the Williams tag and found the actual part number of the motor rs-365sh and shown in photo. Found them on eBay and ordered a couple. Hope the helps someone else out.
[quoted image]

Got a link? Nice work!

1 week later
#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

I’ve had this for less than a week and I’m in total awe. Love sci-fi themes and fast gameplay. This game has all that in spades… best pin I’ve ever owned and I’ve had a bunch. Criticism that glove slows down gameplay is kinda lame cuz it gives you a chance to catch your breath until the next mode starts.

Do you find the pops Exit too slow? I removed 1 rubber at the exit to allow the ball to exit faster.

3 weeks later
#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Was just watching a video yesterday of some gameplay and the person had a rubber in the lane that feeds from pops on the right hand side, not the post rubber but a longer one. My game has a metal bracket that goes there I imagine its the same idea just to make sure the ball feeds down.
It got me wondering how others have their games setup for the feed out of the pops. I have mine currently with the rubber on the left post and that metal bracket on the right. I did have a post sleeve on the right post, that seemed to slow the ball down a lot coming out of there so I removed it see how this works out for me. It mostly still feeds to the slingshot and then who knows where but that's the chaos we expect from this game right lol
[quoted image]

I also removed 1 rubber to speed up the exit from the pops!

1 week later
1 week later
#3917 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I got the decals from Pinball Decals EU. They could have been packaged better, as there was some crinkling in a few non-vital edges.
That being said, they are of really high quality. I also bought a set for my Road Show and the coloring on both are excellent. Took about 18 days from order to receiving them. I’ll definitely be using them again.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you for hire? Need No Fear done…faded badly..

1 month later
#3950 1 year ago

$15 for your Johnny Manual. Message me ☺

3 weeks later
#3968 1 year ago

Has anyone ever ordered pinball cab decals from pinball center?<

They don't ship to the US.

1 week later
#3975 1 year ago

Are colored Plastic Sling Protectors available for Johnny? I have some on my Metallica, they look amazing.

#3978 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Sb able to use any that fit a Williams pin I'd think.

...please explain. Not sure I understand.

#3979 1 year ago

For example: This is the look I’m looking for in my Johnny. Red or Blue Translucent.

77E647A0-A7BF-4B6A-B7A1-B4D949381594 (resized).jpeg77E647A0-A7BF-4B6A-B7A1-B4D949381594 (resized).jpeg
#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from cynric:

There are these from Germany: https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206542&lang=e&lnge=1
Got them on mine in red and they look really neat, especially with the truss cut out on the inlane protectors. But they are too expensive imho since the set only covers the lower game section. The protectors sit rather snug, the inlane ones don't overlap the plastic at all (don't have a photo at hand with the slingshots visible).
Pinbits used to be the better option (especially for the US), but that option seems gone now.
However if there are none to be had in the States, Freddy's are good quality and they so ship internationally. And last but not least, this a local shop that I can honestly recommend - unlike the "other" German pinball parts shop, that offers so many repros in truly shitty quality..

How much would that be total shipped to the United States?

#3984 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Talk to Joe CFES
Pm him. Or visit his website and email him.
https://cfengravingservices.com/
He will make you protectors for JM on whatever color you want. If he doesn’t have the game templated, I’m sure he’ll work with you to make the templates and get you colored protectors.

Thanks. I just messaged him.

#3985 1 year ago

OK, looks like he’s interested in making these if we can find some scans of the slings and ball guides.

1 week later
#3997 1 year ago

....also want that Speaker Panel...

1 month later
#4009 1 year ago

OK, my glove when placing balls in the TicTacToe grid. Runs too low and rubs ball to ball. Lol, and if it’s slightly magnetized which it is. It picks up the ball and pulls them off the grid. Is there anyway to adjust the glove higher.

2 weeks later
#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from jardine:

No, this is normal behaviour. Mine slightly touches as well. Change your balls to avoid this.

There was two loose screws on the bracket that’s holds the glove. It was very slight, but it made all the difference.

#4018 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If you find a taker, and would not mind, I need a set of TOTAN insert decals. I'd be happy to work with you.

I have a really good buddy in Canada does Pinball center send to Canada?

#4021 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Installed a shaker in mine. Does anyone know the shots or modes that activate the shaker? So far, nothing does.

Never heard of plug and play shaker for JM. Is it a Pinsound?

#4026 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I turned the shaker to High and still nothing.

Think you need to connect it to the switches that you want it to activate with…

#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Think you need to connect it to the switches that you want it to activate with…

So you have the Pinsound sound board and the shaker?

#4029 1 year ago

I believe I remember reading about these. You have to run a lead to whatever switch you want. And that kind of triggers the shaker. But I don’t know if someone installed it for you. Or what you should be looking for.

#4030 1 year ago

I believe I remember reading about these. You have to run a lead to whatever switch you want. And that kind of triggers the shaker. But I don’t know if someone installed it for you. Or what you should be looking for.</blockquote I would take the glass off and hit every switch until you get something. Looks like I might be connected to flashers. Here’s some reading on it https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit

1 week later
#4039 1 year ago

Scored an Original Manual!! Woo Hoo!!….

5096D5DA-392D-46A4-9203-BBA83888869C (resized).jpeg5096D5DA-392D-46A4-9203-BBA83888869C (resized).jpegF557628F-2E71-46BB-9750-DA63023ABA10 (resized).jpegF557628F-2E71-46BB-9750-DA63023ABA10 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4046 1 year ago

How the hell do you control the video mode… odd controls..

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Thank you so much!
——————————————————————————
Been busy getting the lighting where I want it on my JM..
All purple Ultra brite LEDs with 9 spotlights soldered in. Picture taken in a completely dark room.[quoted image]

I like.

8 months later
#4242 9 months ago

Looking for an Johnny key fob.. Does anyone wanna sell?

1 month later
#4276 8 months ago
Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

Well, I finally got a chance to install the new flipper driver board today that I purchased from pinball life ( https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=A-15028_A-15472-1 ). Wow! The flippers work incredibly well now. The machine is FAST! I had also purchased the Fliptronics Type 2 Opto Boards while I was at it since they were inexpensive. If anyone has weak flippers are a rebuild kit or whole new flippers, check the driver board. It may be missing that C2 capacitor.
While I am at it, can anyone please send me a picture to provide the correct alignment of the flippers since there are no holes to put a pin or toothpick to align them? I think I have mine set correctly I feel like they are not high enough when engaged. Thank you.
[quoted image]

Pic of them down would help.

#4279 8 months ago

They sure look good to me.

#4280 8 months ago

Yep. Bring them up at bit. Compared to the Original Flyer. Also, change to black flippers. Wow black looks amazing.

DC3BC841-67DB-48A6-9791-CACF5EA98000 (resized).jpegDC3BC841-67DB-48A6-9791-CACF5EA98000 (resized).jpeg
#4283 8 months ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Here ya go. The black flippers do look good, especially with the red Titans on them. They look even better in person. [quoted image]

Agree friend. Nice! I’m doing Black on Black!

#4287 8 months ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Thanks. I got that idea from HEP.

Don’t forget Cliffy’s Ramp U-turn protectors!!

3 weeks later
#4323 7 months ago
Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

So, I drilled out the rivets in gearbox shown in my prior post above. I used screws to hold the two halves together when I was done. However, I could not use the holes that the rivets were in because they were too small. My concern now is that where the rivet holes are, that over time, the white lithium grease inside might leak. I thought of putting rivets back in those holes, but I would need a 3/32" x 3/4" rivet and those are very hard to find. I also thought I could use silicon or latex caulking and gently fill in the rivet holes
Anyone have any feedback as to what they did, or any recommendations?
Thank you.

Was it an improvement? Got pics of it opened? Caulking probably fine.

#4328 7 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

My gearbox prior to cleaning.
These are the 4 holes I used to reseal the gearbox… all that was needed was the normal machine threaded screws. Look closely in the holes… you can see threads for a screw..
[quoted image]

Thanks!

2 months later
#4368 5 months ago

Ok, so I need a link to remove and rebuild whole rear glove mech…Nuts are worn out. Thanks!

1 week later
#4373 5 months ago

Very creative. Nice work.

1 week later
#4375 4 months ago
Quoted from GPrince:

Had a JM for about a year and just found this group. Recently completed restoration and thought the group might like my plasma pop bumper mod.

Hey that looks Badass!

3 weeks later
#4387 3 months ago
Quoted from msignor:

Do you recall if your hand motor had any play? Also, does the threaded rod for the hand have any significant movement? I opted to just slap it in the motor as I'm 95.5% sure that's where it came from. Will see if I run into issues.

How’s it running? I completely disassembled my hand mechanism recently and re-lubed with fresh lube running smooth and quiet….

1 month later
#4405 64 days ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi,
Can anyone confirm here if the spinner has an associated sound to it?
I can't see evidence on peoples video's or via Pinsound that the spinner has an associated file.
Happy to be proven wrong!
Cheers,
Scott

Very low sound. Unflattering indeed.

#4407 60 days ago

Johnny flippers working as they should. But in glove movements, doesn’t travel left?

#4409 58 days ago

Thanks for the input. Probably gonna start with the checking the flipper interrupters.

1 month later
#4436 21 days ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Thanks for the replys. I realize you want the nut to wear before the rod but this is ridiculous. This game wouldn't last a week on location with the rate I burn through them. Pretty sure the nuts came from Marcos. I'll try and get a pic of the rod next time I open up the game.
An inherent issue I see with the whole design of the mech is that the weight of the glove/magnet assembly puts a tension to one side of the nut, it is not vertically balanced at all.

What lube are you using? Super Lube is so butter smooth and quite….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorgar666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=Gorgar666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.