20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvilJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The machine I bought came with a roll of cab decals, I think. I get them out tomorrow. Spitfiren8, you get first dibs.

Damit why am I always a day late on things like this?

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Eviljack,
I got several offers for decals. Contact Tmezel or Canea. You should be able to score a set from someone.

Thanks will do.

#100 10 years ago

Wow learn something new every day. Apparently mine doesn't have that either as this is the first time I have seen it. Any leads on the part would be good. Trying to get this thing back to original or better.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

If all you guys are missing that part maybe hit up Cliffy and see if he can make a run. I think he was planning on doing a Cliffy protector set for JM so maybe he could include it as an optional part. Just a thought.
But yeah, that part doesn't seem to be anywhere. Not even sure what to call it.

Cliffy actually has one of my ramps right now to start working on ones for JM. He is still waiting for fattrain to drop off his JM so he can get the final details on the ramp guards and do the other protectors. I will let him know about this one as well.

#125 10 years ago

I will test as well.

I did contact Cliffy last night and he said he would look into it, but if you can do it then one less thing for him to worry about.

1 week later
#135 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was going to say, could easily be a bad solder joint.

I second this. My glove was working fine but throwing a credit dot up. It was a loose solder joint

1 week later
#170 10 years ago

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack

2 weeks later
#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The diverter bracket is here. Final print will be an opaque clear and won't be so obvious than the white.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=si_shop

Is there a way for me to order without using Etsy, or maybe using paypal?

#230 10 years ago

Ok sorry for that Triple post. Not sure how that happened. I still haven't ordered mine yet as you can tell. I totally forgot about it till just now and logged on to check in.

Oh and how the hell did I suddenly get 7 digits of Karma points? Did I miss something?

2 months later
#487 10 years ago

Ok guys I been absent for a while but now things are starting to shape up so I can put time and money back into this machine. I usually keeps machines for a year and then sell/trade up at pin fest in May. However, due to not being able to play the game since June, its probably gonna stay another year in the house.

So I have been out of the loop. Looks like there is a cargo crate mod and dolphin mod someone is selling? If somewhere can I get these?

Once I start the ball rolling again, I will post up progress photos.

3 months later
#711 9 years ago

Well been a while since I was on the forum. I have now owned my JM for over a year and haven't played it in a year. For those that don't know or don't remember, this was because of a missing part that cause my ramp to crack.

Well I got the email this evening from Cliffy that his new ramp protectors for JM are on the way to my house right now. They are traveling coast to coast so it may be a few days. Once the package arrives I will be sure to post up photos. Now that these parts are. Coming I feel my drive to spruce of this machine will return and I will be posting on the progress of that soon. Been so long I don't remember what all I did, or had planned. I know some mods are defiantly in the plans. I hope I can still get of of those container mods for the flasher.

Cliffy also said that he will be starting soon on the rest of the JM protectors he has lined up to make.

#719 9 years ago

Package came. Didn't get a chance to open it yet. Will check it later this evening and post photos

#726 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Around the bend/turn? That's what we want. The entrances and sides are protected from the factory. The bends in the ramp get blown out.

Actually the ramp protector that Cliffy made is for the entrance to the ramp. Yes the ramp comes with protectors from the factory but one of mine was wrong, and the ramp got busted. Finding a original is pretty much impossible, so Cliffy now makes replacements just in case you need them. He is also working on other protectors. I will add the ramp curve to the list for him.

Oh and I didn't take any photos because his protector is pretty much an exact replica.

9 months later
#1208 9 years ago

So I need some advice guys. I bought my JM almost two years ago at the Allentown convention. My original plan was to shop it out, replace/repair parts, mod it a bit, and then play it for a year till the next convention. When I torn it down the left ramp was cracked. It was cracked because it had the wrong metal guard on it. I was unable to find another one. Cliffy was gracious enough to hand make me a new one. However it took over a year for him to get it for me. Once I got the part I was ready to start again and then life got in the way. It's now almost April and rolling around to the two year mark that I have owned this and not touched it. So here is my problem. Do I still spend the time and money to fix it up nice and sell it at the upcoming convention? Or do I just clean it up and get it back together enough that it plays and try to at least get what I bought it for?

10 months later
#2294 8 years ago

Guess what? Another person posting about hand problems, total shocker right? Ok so here is the deal. Glove worked just fine last time I turned it on. That was months ago. Finally turned it on a few days ago to get it back up an running. Glove not working. It just goes side to side for about a 1/4". Does this a few times then quits. According to the error report there is no movement on Y axis and its a start switch error. The opto's are clean and work. I noticed that they glove wasn't sitting in the "home" position, so I manually moved it until it was back in position and pushing down the switches. After I did this and restarted the machine the glove went through its start up and worked like it should for one game. At the end of the game the glove failed to go back the start position and so did not work on the next game. I did a test and if I hold the switches closed when the game starts up the glove does its thing. So the problem has basically come down to why doesn't it go back to start position at the end of a game. Could the X and Y nuts be the culprit, or could there be some other problem? Why would it have worked months ago but not now? Maybe the lube dried up? Though it wasn't sitting in its start position when I first turned it on, so maybe this became an issue the last time I played it but didn't notice because I didn't turn it back on. Thoughts, suggestions? I am guessing it couldn't hurt to replace the X and Y nuts either way since they are known to go bad.

#2298 8 years ago

So try replacing the switch then?

#2301 8 years ago

Ok so I did some more playing around. If I manually put the Y axis in position so that it activates the switch them it works until the switch lifts. That's when the Y axis shuts off and gives the error. X axis works perfectly fine. I have checked the wires and don't seem to see any loose ones, though some could probably use a re solder. The Y and X nuts are in good shape and well lubed. No play or visable wear. I believe they were changed by the previous owner along with rear wiring harness right before he sold it to me. That's fuzzy memory though. When I go into self test mode it fails every time. The self test does show when the switched are pressed or not, and when the opto switch is sensing the little disc thing. Not matter what position I have those in front of the opto, or what position I have the switches in I still get the same error from the Y axis. So I am starting to wonder about a bad switch. I also noticed that there is a resistor on the switch. Is it possible the resistor has gone bad?

Any thoughts? I don't mind buying a switch an swapping it out, they aren't expensive, but I still don't want to start throwing parts at it to see what sticks.

Also, can anyone explain what exactly the self test proves when it fails? Or is it just a general "Something is not right" test?

#2305 8 years ago

Ok didn't realize about the coin door will do that when I get home. Now as far as the optos. When your on the self test screen it shows you if your switches and optos are opened or closed. I manually open and close the switches and optos and see it happening on the screen. So that made me assume that they are working. Which is why I was wondering about the resistor on the switch.

#2310 8 years ago

Yep all four are working. In fact as I spin each axis one will light up, then both then the last one. So good to go on all four optos. Will try the self test with door closed and see what I get. Then maybe this weekend I will remove the mech and re solder all connection points to be sure. Can I remove the wiring harness that goes to the hand mech or is it integrated into the full harness? Thinking of doing resistance tests on harness

#2328 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Thanks. Actually I see many connectors. I plugged them all and as they all have different sizes I think I plugged them correctly.
As I mentioned the mech works for short time, but it stops pretty soon. So electricity is definitely reaching the mech.
To troubleshoot this "hand broken" problem, where do you suggest to start from?

I am starting to think you have the exact same problem as me. Hopefully one of us figures it out soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvilJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=EvilJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.