20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DoubleDanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1011 9 years ago

Hi everyone - new JM owner here! I had never played this machine before buying it, but I am really glad I did - the flow and speed are just as great as everyone says. I'm still getting the hang of the rules and learning how to maximize my score, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Yes they did! I ordered one from BAA and got it installed - here's a pic of it in place. Installation wasn't too bad, but it did require removing the large ramp from the matrix, the Crazy Bob's sign and plastic, and the lowest pop bumper cap. It is locked down by a post in the diverter below the bumpers and a screw behind the blue rubber square.

I do have one question - does the triangular piece of plastic in this photo, to the left of Crazy Bob's, serve any purpose? It looks like something should be attached to it, but comparing my game to other photos, nothing appears to be missing. It doesn't even seem like the ball is tall enough to bump into it - just trying to figure out why it's there!

IMG_0198.JPGIMG_0198.JPG

#1015 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Your triangle piece is installed wrong...it's there to prevent air balls.

Oh really? That's the only way I've ever seen them installed, on any of the images I've seen. Is it supposed to be like this, instead? Or has this one just rotated up and around? I can't remember how much that piece turns or whether it is stopped by the top of that screw (and I'm too lazy to open up the glass and find out right now).

https://img-f.pinside.com/201408/1826721/270799.jpg

#1021 9 years ago

Ok, I think I finally understand what you guys meant about the ball getting stuck there - so that the ball can't hop up and onto the diverter and come to rest there, right? If so, is one way of installing the plastic better than the other? They both seem to cover about the same area.

For the folks asking about the cabinet decals: http://pinballpt.com/blog/2014/02/johnny-mnemonic-cabinet-decals-done/ I e-mailed them the other day and there is a solution. Idk if I am allowed to mention specifics here but PM me if you want an explanation of their response.

For the spinner decal, Marco and a couple other places have them: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2510

I think some of this has already been covered in previous posts, but I thought I would include info here again for quick reference. Now, if anyone ever has a lead on those plastics... I still need the right side plastic below the Mnemonic recovery target. If anyone knows where to find one, or even just a scan of it, please let me know.

1 week later
#1036 9 years ago

Hi guys, just thought I would share some work I did on my JM this weekend. When I bought my machine it was missing the right plastic below the Mnemonic Recovery target, and at some point someone thought it would be a good idea to replace it with a chopped-up piece of Sorcerer (see below for how it used to be - fingers and lightning bolts).

Sorcerer hand on the right (Cyan LEDs were just an experiment)Sorcerer hand on the right (Cyan LEDs were just an experiment)

Since repro plastics are nowhere to be found for this game, I decided to make my own, using the tutorial found in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics

I couldn't even find a scan of the original piece, so I had to reconstruct my own from photos I found online. This involved getting creative with perspective and transforming the image to the shape I needed, so I'm sure my piece might be a little skewed or stretched, but I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I retraced all the lines in software, printed on decal paper and applied to the plexiglas I had cut and shaped, and then sprayed the back of the piece in white. The color's not quite perfect, but unless you are really hyper-critical, I don't think it's too noticeable.

I wish I had taken more photos of the steps I used throughout the process, but here are some shots of the final results. Not a perfect match, but I am pretty happy with it! Much better than before!

Lights offLights off
Lights onLights on

#1040 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If that plastic is easy to remove, I can scan it to night for you.

I just now saw this - That would be awesome if you could do it, but there's definitely no hurry. The piece is only held on by two Phillips head screws and is very easy to get to. Thanks for volunteering, in any case!

#1051 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sorry guys, hurt my leg/back. I'll get a scan by this weekend of that piece for you. Any more needed? She gets shipped soon.

That's the only one I was looking for - really appreciate the offer to help, if you can find the time to do it.

Quoted from Prosedsp:

I could also use a scan of the piece in the thread above yours. Thanks!!!

Prosedsp, I actually made a high-res scan of that piece before I made the plastic below it. I can send the file to you when I get home. PM me and I'll figure out how to get it to you. If Northvibe can't get to doing the scan of the piece I reproduced, I'll be happy to send you the file I used for my recreation.

#1055 9 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Getting ready to do an led conversion on my JM. Does anyone have a list of the bulbs used for GI? In the manual it only shows the inserts. Want to do a custom light job, but want to make sure I order enough bulbs. Thanks!

I'm going to have to get into mine and do some rooting around this weekend, so I'll try to remember to count and give you a general idea. It's not as many as you might think. One thing I can tell you is that it's a mix of bayonet (most of the GI) and wedge bases (for the flashers). I wouldn't imagine it's more than 30 or 40 total.

5 months later
#1238 9 years ago

Can't wait until there's a video of the ColorDMD up. Yakuza Strike rocket launches and stuff are going to look awesome. And for some reason I just frickin' love the gas grenade sound/animation on Access Mode 2! I talked to Jeff about this a while back and he said Johnny trying to get through the crowd during AM2 was one of the hardest parts to colorize because there's just so much going on visually, so I really want to see how it turned out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DoubleDanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet?tu=DoubleDanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.