7FD1C7AB-9D8F-40B9-A950-047FB95D7081 (resized).jpeg
D824279C-6D38-4AE5-B324-558567AAEE61 (resized).jpeg
B066EE41-9FDA-43A9-89BD-C1E7F1735588 (resized).jpeg
20220629_140607 (resized).jpg
77E647A0-A7BF-4B6A-B7A1-B4D949381594 (resized).jpeg
2022061795160241 (resized).jpg
2022061795160234 (resized).jpg
20220612_152548 (resized).jpg

There are 4,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 81.
#4001 71 days ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

Hi, new JM owner here and having a blast with it! Has anyone tried a pinsound board with their JM? I got one recently and it doesn't seem to work well with the game on my initial tests and I am up-to-date on firmware. I have tried both the 'original' and 'ost' scores from the pinsound site and they both seem to have issues with cataloging and recalling the right files in the right spots. After you press start, there is that short 1-2 second intro and then there's a clunky cut to the next track, which is the ball launch music. Once you launch the ball, the music stays on the 'waiting to launch ball' track until you start a mode, which is not how the game works normally. This was also happening in the 'ost' score uploaded to pinsound. This makes me think that these older uploads(and only ones available) may have worked on an older version of the board possibly? Anyways, lots of other strange things, like music cutting out and sound effects playing on loop. Also, when the game ends, it holds the last note of previous song while the end-of-game music plays really quietly in the background.
Possibly this game needs to be re-exported/categorized to work properly with pinsound. Just wanted to check here if anyone had figured this out yet.

did you even get resolution here?
I am thinking about putting a pinsound board in my JM too. which pinsound model you using ?

#4002 69 days ago

Does anyone know where I can get a set of the ramp and other stickers? pinball centre are out of stock and I can't find them anywhere else (I'm in the UK).

#4003 69 days ago
Quoted from DanielJDougherty:

did you even get resolution here?
I am thinking about putting a pinsound board in my JM too. which pinsound model you using ?

Hi, I got so preoccupied with other projects, I never resolved this. I was up-to-date on firmware and hardware for pinsound as of my last post over the winter. There seems to be 2 versions you can download of JM mix and both have issues with when and what gets played back. I was thinking of using their desktop software at some point to try some things out. My hopes was someone else would make JM work more seamlessly with pinsound and then I could just swap out for tracks I like. I was thinking of doing a matrix score version...

1 week later
#4004 62 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where did you buy that speaker panel? Looks great!

I made it myself very similar to the one I’ve just made for SM.
Problem is I’m in the UK and they would be incredibly expensive to ship.
I do a lot of smaller stuff inc a set blue Flourecent set of plastics if anyone interested.

Col

11F7DA16-32F3-4FF7-A54E-5BA3D9530E66 (resized).jpeg3CFA2712-E493-4B97-A862-3C78DE7A25EB (resized).jpeg9CBFA1A0-6275-4E9F-8267-88E3BA9F1640 (resized).jpegD001FD52-AFCE-4BE6-A5AB-D48BFA0F12A2 (resized).jpegD83144FB-6117-4AB4-8BF5-4B5DEF49EF5B (resized).jpeg
#4005 61 days ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

Hi, I got so preoccupied with other projects, I never resolved this. I was up-to-date on firmware and hardware for pinsound as of my last post over the winter. There seems to be 2 versions you can download of JM mix and both have issues with when and what gets played back. I was thinking of using their desktop software at some point to try some things out. My hopes was someone else would make JM work more seamlessly with pinsound and then I could just swap out for tracks I like. I was thinking of doing a matrix score version...

it's on my list, prob for this winter. but I want to use pinsound and do some period specific music like Front 242, FLA, etc.

we'll have to keep in contact on case either makes headway

#4006 58 days ago

Work on my JM restore is slowly progressing. It is now time for lighting and I'm confused with all the options.

1) What quantity, color and where did you buy for your Johnny Mnemonic?

2) Someone told me I should buy an LED OCD board? Is this needed? Do I only need it if I buy cheaper LED's that are non-ghosting?

3) Do you need the LED LCD GI board as well?

Additional details.

The count from my machine which doesn't match up with afpinballs https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/johnny-mnemonic-2
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CvhIiWRDLbb_Tdiq7_de3eirNcdGci7YkZGM_xbdUSs/edit?usp=sharing

Backbox 555- Quantity:25
Type:555 - Quantity:48
Type:89 - Quantity:2
Type:906 - Quantity:2
Type:44 - Quantity:45

2 weeks later
#4007 41 days ago

Getting the itch to sell my JM.

ColorDMD
Cliffys Installed
External Polk Subwoofer
Red cabinet (not faded yellow)
LED OCD GI Board Installed
CPR Mirrored Backglass
Usual LED conversion to PF and behind backglass
New Black Legs

Tell your friends.

#4008 40 days ago

That's a nice combo, I have similar. You might miss it, just saying. Any buyer will.be happy.

1 week later
#4009 30 days ago

OK, my glove when placing balls in the TicTacToe grid. Runs too low and rubs ball to ball. Lol, and if it’s slightly magnetized which it is. It picks up the ball and pulls them off the grid. Is there anyway to adjust the glove higher.

1 week later
#4010 19 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

OK, my glove when placing balls in the TicTacToe grid. Runs too low and rubs ball to ball. Lol, and if it’s slightly magnetized which it is. It picks up the ball and pulls them off the grid. Is there anyway to adjust the glove higher.

No, this is normal behaviour. Mine slightly touches as well. Change your balls to avoid this.

#4011 16 days ago

Hey guys, my johnny just started having an issue today. the RIGHT diverter won't stay opened when spinner lock or right loop lock is lit, so the balls just go around the loop and don't divert into the lock.. it will pulse and open but quickly closes. it will try a few times.. so it won't pull in the coil and hold. it moves freely in and out fine by hand, its not a mechanical issue.

#4012 16 days ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Hey guys, my johnny just started having an issue today. the RIGHT diverter won't stay opened when spinner lock or right loop lock is lit, so the balls just go around the loop and don't divert into the lock.. it will pulse and open but quickly closes. it will try a few times.. so it won't pull in the coil and hold. it moves freely in and out fine by hand, its not a mechanical issue.

Check that your left orbit switch isn't stuck on or off. Mine had issues with the diverter and that switch is a known cause

#4014 16 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

No, this is normal behaviour. Mine slightly touches as well. Change your balls to avoid this.

There was two loose screws on the bracket that’s holds the glove. It was very slight, but it made all the difference.

#4015 13 days ago

Hi, im looking to buy a Good to perfect Johnny Mnemonic. I live in Reston VA, and have no problems driving up to 200 miles in any direction. Please let me know, Thank you!!

#4016 13 days ago

Anyone living out of the United States willing to help me get JM playfield insert decals from Pinball Center? PM me. Thanks

#4017 12 days ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Anyone living out of the United States willing to help me get JM playfield insert decals from Pinball Center? PM me. Thanks

If you find a taker, and would not mind, I need a set of TOTAN insert decals. I'd be happy to work with you.

#4018 12 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If you find a taker, and would not mind, I need a set of TOTAN insert decals. I'd be happy to work with you.

I have a really good buddy in Canada does Pinball center send to Canada?

#4019 12 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I have a really good buddy in Canada does Pinball center send to Canada?

I think they ship everywhere else, just not to the US?

#4020 12 days ago

Installed a shaker in mine. Does anyone know the shots or modes that activate the shaker? So far, nothing does.

#4021 12 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Installed a shaker in mine. Does anyone know the shots or modes that activate the shaker? So far, nothing does.

Never heard of plug and play shaker for JM. Is it a Pinsound?

#4022 12 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

PINSOUND is great for this.

#4023 12 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Never heard of plug and play shaker for JM. Is it a Pinsound?

It is Pinsound.

#4024 12 days ago

Hey folks, Zitt is trying to set up a new pinball center group buy if there is enough interest right now:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed/page/7

#4025 11 days ago

I turned the shaker to High and still nothing.

#4026 11 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I turned the shaker to High and still nothing.

Think you need to connect it to the switches that you want it to activate with…

#4027 11 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Think you need to connect it to the switches that you want it to activate with…

So you have the Pinsound sound board and the shaker?

#4028 11 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

So you have the Pinsound sound board and the shaker?

Correct. Just got it back from HEP.

#4029 11 days ago

I believe I remember reading about these. You have to run a lead to whatever switch you want. And that kind of triggers the shaker. But I don’t know if someone installed it for you. Or what you should be looking for.

#4030 11 days ago

I believe I remember reading about these. You have to run a lead to whatever switch you want. And that kind of triggers the shaker. But I don’t know if someone installed it for you. Or what you should be looking for.</blockquote I would take the glass off and hit every switch until you get something. Looks like I might be connected to flashers. Here’s some reading on it https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit

#4032 10 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Correct. Just got it back from HEP.

Damn, can you show us some pix of the restore?

#4033 10 days ago

I installed the Pinsound system with shaker as requested but it will need to be programmed or you might even prompt Pinsound to release a”Shakerized” file for it
It’s not in my wheelhouse /skill set personally but probably easy for the more tech savvy.
When people make these mod request I never know what their capabilities or intentions are just install the hardware properly for clean easy implementation if not supported off the shelf for whatever the plan is or future holds.

#4034 10 days ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I installed the Pinsound system with shaker as requested but it will need to be programmed or you might even prompt Pinsound to release a”Shakerized” file for it
It’s not in my wheelhouse /skill set personally but probably easy for the more tech savvy.
When people make these mod request I never know what their capabilities or intentions are just install the hardware properly for clean easy implementation if not supported off the shelf for whatever the plan is or future holds.

Ah, I wasn’t aware there isn’t a shaker file already made for Johnny. I assumed I wasn’t hitting the shots to activate the movement. Creating one will be fun. Yazkuza Strike seems like a no brainer to start.

#4036 7 days ago

I just got my JM and noticed there isn’t a left post for the outlane. There’s one with a double ring on the right side. Is this supposed to be how it’s played or is mine missing? If so, does anyone have the part #??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 11.00
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 29.00
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 4,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!