317A2D6B-5D62-4C3A-AEB6-93F0321B0AD5 (resized).jpeg
0662B308-18BC-4FEB-9A72-1D5DE3AC7A7A (resized).jpeg
778DC2B7-0B23-40A9-A6CB-8DF766867EE9 (resized).jpeg
3325D010-1C80-4AF1-BC5B-87EEA32CF34D (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
IPSND: Johnny Mnemonic (resized).png
26338501-A78B-483C-835E-14F85837F60A (resized).png
5CFA5467-5A1A-4EBF-90A8-E90A4EEEB3CC (resized).jpeg

There are 3725 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 75.
#3701 58 days ago

2 thoughts on this:
- Are you using low magnetic balls? If not, that might cause the locked ball to be lifted enough for the switch to un-/retrigger and have the game think the ball was just dropped into 4. Raising the mech might work though.
- Is you Ball in hand switch working? That is supposed to reduce the magnet power once the ball is caught. If not, it might cause the same problem.

#3702 58 days ago
Quoted from cynric:

2 thoughts on this:
- Are you using low magnetic balls? If not, that might cause the locked ball to be lifted enough for the switch to un-/retrigger and have the game think the ball was just dropped into 4. Raising the mech might work though.
- Is you Ball in hand switch working? That is supposed to reduce the magnet power once the ball is caught. If not, it might cause the same problem.

- I have no clue, how to tell if a ball is low magnetic or not? But yes, I can see the first locked ball clearly being raised, although only by a little (because the hand is quite low and the second ball is passing just above the first one). So it may be that the first ball un-trigger and re- trigger, so the second ball is dropped, and when the hand moves enough to the left the ball drops on 5.
- The glove looks like working fine as far as I can tell. Everything seems to work fine, except the described problem.

#3703 58 days ago

If you take out the balls and put them next to each other on a flat surface, do they stick to each other? Then they have become magnetized and (the ones that do attach to others) should be replaced. Either by low magnetic ones or just by normal ones and possibly more often - the low magnetic ones do still magnetized over time but just take longer..
The Ball in hand switch would be shown as an error once you enter the game menu.
Raising the mech a little like yurijos suggested is also a good idea.

3 weeks later
#3704 36 days ago

I’m in.

78BA4554-3D51-4D69-8896-585D0C60F483 (resized).jpeg
#3705 35 days ago

I need a right ramp for mine. Anyone have one?

#3706 35 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I’m in.
[quoted image]

Somebody did a nice job keeping the sun off that Johnny. Nice red! Orange and yellow cabs aren’t uncommon. Congrats on a fantastic, underrated pin!

#3707 35 days ago

when a game is over the matrix catapult the balls resting on it. but if i play the start button immediately after the game is over, a nee game starts, and the balls stay on the matrix. during this new game, when I lock a ball, a new one is taken from the other balls remained on the matrix.

is this normal behaviour? not a big deal, I
just have to wait around 3 seconds after game over to have the balls "catapulted". But sometimes I dont wait, and I always wonder if its normal having those balls in the matrix.

#3708 35 days ago
Quoted from Luppin:

when a game is over the matrix catapult the balls resting on it. but if i play the start button immediately after the game is over, a nee game starts, and the balls stay on the matrix. during this new game, when I lock a ball, a new one is taken from the other balls remained on the matrix.
is this normal behaviour? not a big deal, I
just have to wait around 3 seconds after game over to have the balls "catapulted". But sometimes I dont wait, and I always wonder if its normal having those balls in the matrix.

Same on mine. It's normal for me.

#3709 33 days ago

Has anyone removed both Rubbers off this Pops Exit? I already removed 1. Huge slow down here. Wish there was just a ball guide in this area. Any ideas? Also, what is that plastic with the hole for?

3310308F-D0DD-45F2-B5FE-DA84F0709640 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3710 13 days ago

Any key fob available for JM?

7F4621C5-9DEE-4ED7-BA11-90F1C82F3BB8 (resized).jpeg
#3711 13 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

[quoted image]

8DC4524D-B874-4632-A459-B935765D0E76 (resized).jpeg
#3712 13 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

[quoted image]

That’s a nice looking Johnny

#3713 12 days ago

Seems to only be listed (not sold) for $100! Wow

#3714 12 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

That’s a nice looking Johnny

Thanks. $100!!???

#3715 10 days ago

I just recently realized there is a "Special" in JM (only available as a Mistery Award in the Matrix, I guess), down the right outlane. How does it work? Can you collect it only when you loose the ball (on the right outlane)? If so, isnt' it stupid? Or if you collect it that way, the ball is then saved and returned to play?

#3716 10 days ago

It looks like you can set it to what you want according to page 1-23 in the manual.

#3717 8 days ago

Long time lurker and first time poster.

Picked up a Johnny as my first pinball a few weeks ago and happy to be a member of the club. Had a few electrical issues as well the standard fade but have already rectified the majority of the electrical gremlins (mainly broken wires that needed resoldering), replaced some playfield parts and added LED's. Plans are to enjoy it while everything is working, before stripping it back to clean up the cab, re-decal, clean up some of the wiring and replace a few plastics etc...
PXL_20210724_085944702 (resized).jpg

#3718 8 days ago
Quoted from nams:

Long time lurker and first time poster.
Picked up a Johnny as my first pinball a few weeks ago and happy to be a member of the club. Had a few electrical issues as well the standard fade but have already rectified the majority of the electrical gremlins (mainly broken wires that needed resoldering), replaced some playfield parts and added LED's. Plans are to enjoy it while everything is working, before stripping it back to clean up the cab, re-decal, clean up some of the wiring and replace a few plastics etc...
[quoted image]

Welcome, I am new as well one month old. I’ve been thinking of putting mirror blades. Do you have any plans on putting side blades? Also, what’s your feelings on the ball exiting the pops exit? Kinda slows down play too much for me.

#3719 8 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Welcome, I am new as well one month old. I’ve been thinking of putting mirror blades. Do you have any plans on putting side blades? Also, what’s your feelings on the ball exiting the pops exit? Kinda slows down play too much for me.

I'm in a similar boat, also looking at mirror blades as they would make the game pop as well as throwing some extra light around....which wouldn't hurt. Some of the side blades from retrorefurbs do look pretty nice though. Will just keep making my way through the 75 pages of this thread to see some other machines and when it comes time for a tear down I'll pull the trigger then.

I quite like the time to drain out from the pops, it gives a nice reprieve before the right sling shot ensures further chaos. The out lanes were set to their narrowest from the previous owner, and that definitely helped, although I have adjusted them back to standard which surprisingly hasn't affected side drains.

#3720 7 days ago

1. What about video frames and set(s)? The manual says there are 50 video frames in one set. Does that mean there are 50 in total? Or is there more than one set? Whats to point of collecting video frames after having achieved the free ball after a certain amount of video frames (set jn the adjustments)?

2. Items for Crazy Bob: are they available only after completing successfully a mode? Do the number of items influence power down? If yes, in which way: more time or more points awarded?

#3721 7 days ago

Flippers die for some reason sometimes during game play? Any ideas?

#3722 3 days ago

Anyone out there who can take a picture of their back box light panel board, I rebuilt the board due to some MDF that swelled well now my lights are not really working.

I could use a picture of the front so I know where the flashers go - the back so I can look at the wiring. I have the wiring breakdown for the plug via the manual which should be right.

One other question… I have a couple random lights not coming on. I have traced it to the brown wire and the white with brown stripe is the common factor for all the lights out. I re-pinned those wires on j120 (redid the whole plug). I have swapped the MPU thinking something wrong there - nothing. Looking for a pinch or cut but can’t find a thing. No voltage at the sockets…any tips?

#3723 2 days ago

So I think one of the light sockets has to be shorting out - I repinned plugs j120 and j115 no change, swapped MPU and power driver boards no changes and the boards were just sent back from Coin Op Cauldron so they are good.

Has to be a lamp socket. They all look good but something is funky, can’t think what else it could be no hacked wires etc…

#3724 2 days ago

wamonkey I'm in the midst of repairs/cleanup from a busted water pipe, and can shoot you an image or two sometime next week if you don't get one sooner. I have the contents of two rooms in front of my pins, and I need that moved so I can roll JM out and open the BG

#3725 2 days ago
Quoted from Rodent:

wamonkey I'm in the midst of repairs/cleanup from a busted water pipe, and can shoot you an image or two sometime next week if you don't get one sooner. I have the contents of two rooms in front of my pins, and I need that moved so I can roll JM out and open the BG

Thanks I will PM my personal email

There are 3725 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside