20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 89.
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

what material did you use to keep it in position?

TheCapn Sorry, I didn't install them - were there when I bought. I think there is clear tape every so often.

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

thecapn Sorry, I didn't install them - were there when I bought. I think there is clear tape every so often.

Yea, that was the material I was using during my trial with the EL wire on my TOTAN. The transparent tape seemed like the best option.

#3554 3 years ago

The Matrix Solved!
I have read on this forum that the Matrix Awards' positions are random but I have discovered that they are not.
I have worked out how to know the position of all the 9 Matrix Awards by putting one ball into the Matrix OR a maximum of three balls into Crazy Bob's.
Should I publish how it is done? It would be a real spoiler for tournament play.

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from FilthyRich:

The Matrix Solved!
I have read on this forum that the Matrix Awards' positions are random but I have discovered that they are not.
I have worked out how to know the position of all the 9 Matrix Awards by putting one ball into the Matrix OR a maximum of three balls into Crazy Bob's.
Should I publish how it is done? It would be a real spoiler for tournament play.

Does it match this?
http://tiltforums.com/t/jm-bonus-collect-hold-weirdness/6549/25

If you read the rest of that thread, I think you'll find the whole game is already sorta ruined for tournament play :/

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it match this?
If you read the rest of that thread, I think you'll find the whole game is already sorta ruined for tournament play :/

I never knew that about the matrix. So what award is assigned to each number then?

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it match this?

That solution is only partly correct. There are actually three different orders of the nine awards, so twenty seven different combinations.

1 week later
#3558 3 years ago

Excited to join the club.

Two questions:
1) I saw at least two options for alt translites in the last 72 pages, are any of them or others still available?
2) I can't even get close to finishing the first wave in video mode. Is the sinusoidal wave method what most can agree on as most effective? The confusion for me is that in order to do the "wavy" pattern, you have to push two buttons at a time which makes you go slower. Can anyone who is really good at it enlighten me?

Thanks!

1 week later
#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Ok, here's a question for true JM fans...
What do you need to do to reset the Throwing Spikes modes once you complete it.
The problem is that Lite Throwing Spikes light/switch doesn't turn on to "wake" the spike once you do all 6 modes.
Funny thing is that sometime it does turn on in the next ball, but mostly not and we haven't been able to figure out what is triggering it??!
Anyone with that knowledge?[quoted image][quoted image]

Finally we have the answer to this question and we can die in peace
Just today it crossed my mind it could be the start of Yakuza mode. We pulled the glass down and runs some hand tests and it was 100% success rate.
So here it is.. when you complete all 6 throwing spikes modes it locks it and you don't get it reset on the next ball either.
If you start Yakuza mode AFTER you complete all throwing spikes modes, it will ALWAYS restart throwi ng spikes on the next ball. Ready to bach that spinner again )

#3560 3 years ago

Anyone else have their johnny in attract mode just start shooting balls out in an almost never ending cycle for several minutes? The display will sometimes go dark during this too.

1 week later
#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Anyone else have their johnny in attract mode just start shooting balls out in an almost never ending cycle for several minutes? The display will sometimes go dark during this too.

Check your fuses. I believe this happened to me a while back and the cause was a bad fuse holder.

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

It's not Midnight Madness is it? Check your time settings. Ice T takes over your machine at Midnight!

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from FilthyRich:

It's not Midnight Madness is it? Check your time settings. Ice T takes over your machine at Midnight!

It doesn't announce midnight madness or anything.
Does midnight madness happen even during attract mode?

I do have NVRAM instead of batteries, so I get midnight madness on the first game I ever play when I boot it up.
But didn't think that would have any effect in attract mode.

#3564 3 years ago

No batteries no midnight madness.

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No batteries no midnight madness.

I hate to say that's incorrect, but it is. Everytime I power on the machine the first game I play has midnight madness. Only that first one.

I know it's because of no batteries. And of course, it's at any time of day.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

And of course, it's at any time of day.

It's not at midnight because there is no date/time without batteries, hence no Midnight Madness.

#3567 3 years ago

Johnny owner here. Are there supposed to be screws in the bottom two holes of the left ramp flap? Mine doesn't have any, but I don't see any holes for wood screws underneath. Google images and ipdb are giving me mixed results.

#3568 3 years ago

This one?

16035687955268425735904885647112 (resized).jpg16035687955268425735904885647112 (resized).jpg
#3569 3 years ago

My ramp has the holes but there are no holes in the playfield for them.

#3570 3 years ago

Has anyone had to replace their diverter #1 because the rivets broke? Is this is common issue? The only place I can find a replacement one is in Australia.

It seems easy enough to replace. Just curious how many of you have done so at one point or another.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

This one?
[quoted image]

Yup.

Quoted from smoothbore19:

My ramp has the holes but there are no holes in the playfield for them.

Same with my game.

#3572 3 years ago

Recently re-joined the club! I traded my first JM after replacing the glove magnet and it was working great. I regretted it. Found a second JM even nicer than my first and grabbed it! I love the rules on this pin. I’m utilizing the throwing star awards more now, especially spinner millions. This game is so underrated.

2442CD52-FD4E-4874-9E8E-0BA2C5F0C112 (resized).jpeg2442CD52-FD4E-4874-9E8E-0BA2C5F0C112 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3573 3 years ago

Where can I get one of the stars?

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I got mine on Ebay. Sold as a throwing star coat hook, or something like that.

#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Yep, it’s $11 on EBay. It’s a coat hook. It has a threaded screw on one point, no mods necessary. Just screw into the post where you want it. I had to lift the right ramp temporarily to make room to screw in the star. Good luck!

#3577 3 years ago

I have an extra set of new-in-box blades from Tilt Graphics. See below. I ordered them twice. $75 shipped. PM me.

C915B9CF-A8DF-4367-82A4-7B7A7C086A4E (resized).jpegC915B9CF-A8DF-4367-82A4-7B7A7C086A4E (resized).jpeg
#3578 3 years ago

Just picked up a Johnny a few weeks ago and already having hand issues. Booting the machine causes the hand to move to the home position at the X-axis and then repeatedly move back and forth at that home position about half a centimeter at a time. When it moves it closes and opens the X-axis home switch. Activating the hand test results in failure. The hand is all the way forward (toward the player) on the Y-axis and I'm not able to manually move it along that axis.

Through switch testing I can tell that the X-axis optos and Y-axis optos are activating correctly as well as the X-axis home switch. I haven't been able to manually move the hand along the Y-axis so I'm not sure whether the Y-axis home switch is working correctly, but it's showing up as closed in the switch test.

Would love to hear some ideas regarding next steps. Has anyone experienced this particular behavior with the hand?

1 week later
#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have a used one. It's in OK condition. Please see the pictures of the translite below:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

To be clear, this translite is NLA. People keep pinging me even 1 year after I posted this. It is no longer available.

1 week later
#3580 3 years ago

Is it common for the glove magnet to blow a driver board transistor? Mine blew the transistor while on route this week and considering buying a new magnet if anyone has had this happen and the new magnet remedied it

#3581 3 years ago

Question with the Spinner. Does everyone’s spinner register at every spin when spinning at top speed? When mine is spun fast, it registers every two spins or so, I verified this in switch test. I took it out, cleaned and adjusted the arm in different way, to no avail. Maybe the spinning revolution is so fast at initial hit, the micro switch can’t register them all, just curious????

#3582 3 years ago

My JM has 2 spotlights installed on top of the slingshots but doesn’t seem like that’s where they should be. Can anyone enlighten me on where these are supposed to go?

49EC7F1C-94E0-4703-8BD9-C2FBA0C99DB2 (resized).jpeg49EC7F1C-94E0-4703-8BD9-C2FBA0C99DB2 (resized).jpeg
#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Question with the Spinner. Does everyone’s spinner register at every spin when spinning at top speed? When mine is spun fast, it registers every two spins or so, I verified this in switch test. I took it out, cleaned and adjusted the arm in different way, to no avail. Maybe the spinning revolution is so fast at initial hit, the micro switch can’t register them all, just curious????

Should work on every hit
Are you measuring with your hand or with a ball from flipper?

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My JM has 2 spotlights installed on top of the slingshots but doesn’t seem like that’s where they should be. Can anyone enlighten me on where these are supposed to go?
[quoted image]

You are correct, those spotlights were not originally on the playfield. Someone most likely installed these to brighten the playfield. You can simply remove them if you don't want them, but the playfield is pretty dark on this game.

#3585 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Should work on every hit
Are you measuring with your hand or with a ball from flipper?

Both ways. I recreating the exact speed of the spinner in switch test. I may replace the micro switch to see if a new one is any different.

#3586 3 years ago

FYI I just saw that the JM movie was now available on Prime Video in the US
(in case some of you have not seen this masterpiece )

1 week later
#3587 3 years ago

My hand does not travel for enough forward to be able to drop the ball in the front row. I can not see how to adjust travel distance? Otherwise it works fine. Any suggestions?

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

My hand does not travel for enough forward to be able to drop the ball in the front row. I can not see how to adjust travel distance? Otherwise it works fine. Any suggestions?

On the left side of the bracket there is a switch that triggers as the glove assembly moves forward to signal end of travel. One of the screws mounting the switch is in an adjustable track, try moving it so it so that it triggers later. Mine is pretty much centered.

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I had a similar issue and adjusted the glove itself to angle upward at the front so the ball drops into the front row

1 week later
#3590 3 years ago

Hi all, I am looking to get a replacement metal diverter made for the left-most cyber-matrix lane. I've been chatting with Cliff at Passion for Pinball and he said it would be easy to reproduce this and add it to his catalog. However, we need a volunteer to let us borrow their stock diverter to get accurate measurements for reproduction. I will gladly cover the expense of shipping your diverter to and from Cliff. PM me if you are interested in helping out! Thanks!

image.pngimage.png
1 week later
#3591 3 years ago

Happy Johnny Mnemonic Day everyone! Today was the day the movie started on January 17th 2021. Though it’s Sunday not Thursday but we can let that slide since they got the global pandemic part right

91B558F6-2A17-45FD-BC2D-56DEED48BA38 (resized).jpeg91B558F6-2A17-45FD-BC2D-56DEED48BA38 (resized).jpegA57CD826-1B24-42B4-A6DC-8794762CE261 (resized).jpegA57CD826-1B24-42B4-A6DC-8794762CE261 (resized).jpeg

#3593 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithium:

Hi all, I am looking to get a replacement metal diverter made for the left-most cyber-matrix lane. I've been chatting with Cliff at Passion for Pinball and he said it would be easy to reproduce this and add it to his catalog. However, we need a volunteer to let us borrow their stock diverter to get accurate measurements for reproduction. I will gladly cover the expense of shipping your diverter to and from Cliff. PM me if you are interested in helping out! Thanks!
[quoted image]

Did you find a volunteer?
I can ship my diverter if it’s still needed.

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Happy Johnny Mnemonic Day everyone!

"Johnny Mnemonic is set in a dystopian future, ruled by corporations, where people obsessively spend their time on the internet, facing a global pandemic…in the distant future of 2021" seems familiar ?

this is an extract from this article from yesterday:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/johnny-mnemonics-cyber-dolphin-is-still-the-apex-of-cyb-1846070732

#3595 3 years ago

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and replace the ramps on my Johnny Mnemonic. I never realized how many things were riveted / bolted to the ramps until I started looking more closely. From what I have read on this and other forums it is going to be a frustrating but ultimately rewarding project. I am being honest with myself and know it is going to take me longer than it should. To keep my JM operational I am trying to acquire a 2nd set of the necessary parts and pieces to assemble the new ramps. I have ordered the new plastic ramps as well as a flap kit. I purchased a decal set a while back. Now I am looking for any and all of the other metal pieces (guards / protectors, switch mounting brackets, diverter, etc.) which is proving to be a challenge. If anyone knows of a source for these items or has some (even on an old ramp set) they are willing to sell I would be interested.

I am also very interested in hearing tips and tricks from those who have taken this on. I think I have read every post out there on the topic but would appreciate any feedback from those who have tackled this before.

#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from stefaned:

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and replace the ramps on my Johnny Mnemonic. I never realized how many things were riveted / bolted to the ramps until I started looking more closely. From what I have read on this and other forums it is going to be a frustrating but ultimately rewarding project. I am being honest with myself and know it is going to take me longer than it should. To keep my JM operational I am trying to acquire a 2nd set of the necessary parts and pieces to assemble the new ramps. I have ordered the new plastic ramps as well as a flap kit. I purchased a decal set a while back. Now I am looking for any and all of the other metal pieces (guards / protectors, switch mounting brackets, diverter, etc.) which is proving to be a challenge. If anyone knows of a source for these items or has some (even on an old ramp set) they are willing to sell I would be interested.
I am also very interested in hearing tips and tricks from those who have taken this on. I think I have read every post out there on the topic but would appreciate any feedback from those who have tackled this before.

I wouldn’t worry about keeping it operational and save yourself a ton of trouble

#3597 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare post like this or a link where to buy one?

ACF7908A-E432-4F08-8893-715A8EC9E78C (resized).jpegACF7908A-E432-4F08-8893-715A8EC9E78C (resized).jpeg
#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Does anyone have a spare post like this or a link where to buy one?
[quoted image]

Hey Sean, I think it's this one here:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5107

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithium:Hey Sean, I think it's this one here:

Thanks!

#3600 3 years ago

Need to make room for a different game so my JM is for sale if anyone is looking for one. PM for details.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/72?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.