New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 41272)

Johnny Mnemonic Owner's Club

By Phetishboy

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,570 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by marioparty34
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 933 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16035687955268425735904885647112 (resized).jpg
20200903_062822 (resized).jpg
20200903_062814 (resized).jpg
20200903_062957 (resized).jpg
IMG_8116 (resized).jpg
IMG_8117 (resized).jpg
IMG_8112 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200710_215831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200710_215835 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200422_180024 (resized).jpg
76232B6F-DA36-41F5-AC46-0A719902F775 (resized).jpeg
B2901FE9-F93D-4EB1-B9A9-A4192869903A (resized).jpeg
511F64E2-9C50-47CE-AD4A-77F3E70F5056 (resized).png
955A0700-CE66-4DE9-A379-D3C532A96EE8 (resized).jpeg
7351FC30-DA45-4A02-B28A-BDF926DCD100 (resized).jpeg
6B167FC4-ABE7-4269-BD33-5198755E5FBF (resized).jpeg

There are 3570 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.
#3551 51 days ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

what material did you use to keep it in position?

thecapn Sorry, I didn't install them - were there when I bought. I think there is clear tape every so often.

#3553 50 days ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

thecapn Sorry, I didn't install them - were there when I bought. I think there is clear tape every so often.

Yea, that was the material I was using during my trial with the EL wire on my TOTAN. The transparent tape seemed like the best option.

#3554 47 days ago

The Matrix Solved!
I have read on this forum that the Matrix Awards' positions are random but I have discovered that they are not.
I have worked out how to know the position of all the 9 Matrix Awards by putting one ball into the Matrix OR a maximum of three balls into Crazy Bob's.
Should I publish how it is done? It would be a real spoiler for tournament play.

#3555 47 days ago
Quoted from FilthyRich:

The Matrix Solved!
I have read on this forum that the Matrix Awards' positions are random but I have discovered that they are not.
I have worked out how to know the position of all the 9 Matrix Awards by putting one ball into the Matrix OR a maximum of three balls into Crazy Bob's.
Should I publish how it is done? It would be a real spoiler for tournament play.

Does it match this?
http://tiltforums.com/t/jm-bonus-collect-hold-weirdness/6549/25

If you read the rest of that thread, I think you'll find the whole game is already sorta ruined for tournament play :/

#3556 47 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it match this?
If you read the rest of that thread, I think you'll find the whole game is already sorta ruined for tournament play :/

I never knew that about the matrix. So what award is assigned to each number then?

#3557 47 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it match this?

That solution is only partly correct. There are actually three different orders of the nine awards, so twenty seven different combinations.

1 week later
#3558 37 days ago

Excited to join the club.

Two questions:
1) I saw at least two options for alt translites in the last 72 pages, are any of them or others still available?
2) I can't even get close to finishing the first wave in video mode. Is the sinusoidal wave method what most can agree on as most effective? The confusion for me is that in order to do the "wavy" pattern, you have to push two buttons at a time which makes you go slower. Can anyone who is really good at it enlighten me?

Thanks!

1 week later
#3559 25 days ago
Quoted from ALY:

Ok, here's a question for true JM fans...
What do you need to do to reset the Throwing Spikes modes once you complete it.
The problem is that Lite Throwing Spikes light/switch doesn't turn on to "wake" the spike once you do all 6 modes.
Funny thing is that sometime it does turn on in the next ball, but mostly not and we haven't been able to figure out what is triggering it??!
Anyone with that knowledge?[quoted image][quoted image]

Finally we have the answer to this question and we can die in peace
Just today it crossed my mind it could be the start of Yakuza mode. We pulled the glass down and runs some hand tests and it was 100% success rate.
So here it is.. when you complete all 6 throwing spikes modes it locks it and you don't get it reset on the next ball either.
If you start Yakuza mode AFTER you complete all throwing spikes modes, it will ALWAYS restart throwi ng spikes on the next ball. Ready to bach that spinner again )

#3560 22 days ago

Anyone else have their johnny in attract mode just start shooting balls out in an almost never ending cycle for several minutes? The display will sometimes go dark during this too.

1 week later
#3561 8 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Anyone else have their johnny in attract mode just start shooting balls out in an almost never ending cycle for several minutes? The display will sometimes go dark during this too.

Check your fuses. I believe this happened to me a while back and the cause was a bad fuse holder.

#3562 4 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

It's not Midnight Madness is it? Check your time settings. Ice T takes over your machine at Midnight!

#3563 4 days ago
Quoted from FilthyRich:

It's not Midnight Madness is it? Check your time settings. Ice T takes over your machine at Midnight!

It doesn't announce midnight madness or anything.
Does midnight madness happen even during attract mode?

I do have NVRAM instead of batteries, so I get midnight madness on the first game I ever play when I boot it up.
But didn't think that would have any effect in attract mode.

#3564 4 days ago

No batteries no midnight madness.

#3565 4 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No batteries no midnight madness.

I hate to say that's incorrect, but it is. Everytime I power on the machine the first game I play has midnight madness. Only that first one.

I know it's because of no batteries. And of course, it's at any time of day.

#3566 4 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

And of course, it's at any time of day.

It's not at midnight because there is no date/time without batteries, hence no Midnight Madness.

#3567 1 day ago

Johnny owner here. Are there supposed to be screws in the bottom two holes of the left ramp flap? Mine doesn't have any, but I don't see any holes for wood screws underneath. Google images and ipdb are giving me mixed results.

#3568 1 day ago

This one?

16035687955268425735904885647112 (resized).jpg
#3569 1 day ago

My ramp has the holes but there are no holes in the playfield for them.

#3570 6 hours ago

Has anyone had to replace their diverter #1 because the rivets broke? Is this is common issue? The only place I can find a replacement one is in Australia.

It seems easy enough to replace. Just curious how many of you have done so at one point or another.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Inverness, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Malden, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3570 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside