20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 89.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's the blocky shape, not the color, that annoys me. I've got my own printer anyway though, it wouldn't be a big deal to print one in the worst case, but I would prefer a more professional looking replacement or an original before I resort to that

Lol, I managed to get one from PPS... and it's just the ugly 3d printed one from mezelmods. Even has their label on the bag. Doesn't match the pic on PPS's site at all

#3452 4 years ago

Hello pinsiders, someone have the johnny game blades to print? i can trade with attack from mars or arabian nights, thanks

#3453 4 years ago

FYI, avoid the mezelmods 3d printed diverter. Had multiple issues with it already. Ball hang ups, wrong sized hole etc. I think it's a complete loss, will need to make my own

1 week later
#3454 4 years ago

Has anyone ever had problems with the glove picking up two balls during multiplayer games?

#3455 4 years ago

Yes. I'm not sure if it has to do with balls getting older and a bit magnetized or not, but if they are old maybe swap em. There is also a way to loosen a couple screws and move the hand up a couple mm. (hard to describe where they are, they adjust the hand and the switch actuator for home switch above the tinier threaded axis, heads on the left. You may not be able to adjust them much without futzing up the home switch activation point.)

2 weeks later
#3457 4 years ago

I don't get no shipping stuff. If someone pays in advance and assumes responsibilities for the shipping then that should be the end of it.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't get no shipping stuff. If someone pays in advance and assumes responsibilities for the shipping then that should be the end of it.

Some dont want to deal with it. Some want zero liability regardless of what the buyer claims before something goes wrong.

Some dont want to prep, pack, place on pallet, etc.

Couple reasons as to why. I've been a buyer and denied of getting a game due to no shipping which was not advertised. Just is what it is.

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Is the shipping company going to remove the head of the machine to get it out of my basement?

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Is the shipping company going to remove the head of the machine to get it out of my basement?

Why do they need to remove the head when you can take the legs off?

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Why do they need to remove the head when you can take the legs off?

Not going to fit through doorway at the top of stairs with head on.

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You need a better room to keep your pinballs in, that’s gotta be frustrating every time you get or sell a game

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I have the same problem with my doorway being too small. I have to take the four bolts in the head off and rotate the head every time. It's so frustrating.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have the same problem with my doorway being too small. I have to take the four bolts in the head off and rotate the head every time. It's so frustrating.

I can do it (with the help of 2 other people) just have like an 1/8” of space on each side when going through the door jam. I used to pull the door stops off, but that is a pain as they are caulked/and painted with the door jam. It’s just easier to do and safer for the head if it’s removed, really not that big of a deal. I only want to deal with the buyer directly.

#3465 4 years ago

Just joined the club. What a great game.
I have one question though. All playfield pictures I’ve seen have sector 1-2-3.... on the white inserts. Mine doesn’t have any text on them. Was there two versions of playfields?
I’ve also found a Nos playfield which is the same as mine. Nothing on the white inserts.

93946C3C-3B62-4CD2-9400-8168D11B74D3 (resized).jpeg93946C3C-3B62-4CD2-9400-8168D11B74D3 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3466 4 years ago

Hi!
Anyone know were i can find a decal set for left ramp? Or is it possible to re-use the old one?

Thanks

// Patrik

#3467 4 years ago

I have a few ramp decals. I need to look through my old stuff to see what all I have. I hope to list soon. Will post here when I get it all. Been a really eventful ...well years...ahha

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I have a few ramp decals. I need to look through my old stuff to see what all I have. I hope to list soon. Will post here when I get it all. Been a really eventful ...well years...ahha

Great!
Looking forward to see what you can find

#3469 4 years ago

Hello people, í join the club, it needs a little Work, does anyone have the cabinet décals files to trade or sell??

20200130_112910 (resized).jpg20200130_112910 (resized).jpg
#3470 4 years ago

Just got my Johnny back!!
Powder, decals and more. Missed this thing. I took this pic for the guy that did the work (he did the Dredd too). I can post more pics of just JM later.

20200130_135808 (resized).jpg20200130_135808 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Just got my Johnny back!!
Powder, decals and more. Missed this thing. I took this pic for the guy that did the work (he did the Dredd too). I can post more pics of just JM later.[quoted image]

Looks great. 2 great machines. I'm looking for a JM and miss my JD

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Just joined the club. What a great game.
I have one question though. All playfield pictures I’ve seen have sector 1-2-3.... on the white inserts. Mine doesn’t have any text on them. Was there two versions of playfields?
I’ve also found a Nos playfield which is the same as mine. Nothing on the white inserts.[quoted image]

Yes, there was 2 versions.

#3473 4 years ago

Just picked up a Johnny after about a year of looking! After getting it all set up I was getting tons of balls flying off the left ramp. It looks like there should be a plastic cover there which is missing...my initial search isn't turning up anything. Is there a source for these or a known fix if not?

Also noticed I was missing the small ball guide that diverts the ball to the pops when the glove tray empties out. Don't suppose I'll be able to find one of these either...

Let me know if there is any hope out there or if I just need to try and fabricate something myself. Thanks!

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Just picked up a Johnny after about a year of looking! After getting it all set up I was getting tons of balls flying off the left ramp. It looks like there should be a plastic cover there which is missing...my initial search isn't turning up anything. Is there a source for these or a known fix if not?
Also noticed I was missing the small ball guide that diverts the ball to the pops when the glove tray empties out. Don't suppose I'll be able to find one of these either...
Let me know if there is any hope out there or if I just need to try and fabricate something myself. Thanks!

Had the same question recently: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/69#post-5324126

Nycon who makes a nice clear one did get back to me saying he might have some left over, but then I never heard anything back again after

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Both can be fabricated, though the divert is available https://mezelmods.com/products/jm-diverter

And don’t even bother with Pinsider Nycon

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Both can be fabricated, though the divert is available https://mezelmods.com/products/jm-diverter
And don’t even bother with Pinsider Nycon

Thanks Rob. Any source on the ramp plastic, or just make a poor man's one from stuff at Lowes?

#3477 4 years ago

pinbits sells a plastic protector set which includes a protector for that plastic, however both my original plastic and the protector (which matches the plastic) have a hole that doesn't align with my actual ramp.

Does anyone else have that issue?

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

pinbits sells a plastic protector set which includes a protector for that plastic, however both my original plastic and the protector (which matches the plastic) have a hole that doesn't align with my actual ramp.
Does anyone else have that issue?

One hole does not align on the original and the protector from PinBits. I drilled a new hole in the protector plastic from PinBits.

PinBits says sold out, but I’d email and ask Pam or Martin about making a set, highly recommended getting since replacement plastics are hard to come by

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_88&products_id=625

#3479 4 years ago

Ok, here's a question for true JM fans...

What do you need to do to reset the Throwing Spikes modes once you complete it.

The problem is that Lite Throwing Spikes light/switch doesn't turn on to "wake" the spike once you do all 6 modes.
Funny thing is that sometime it does turn on in the next ball, but mostly not and we haven't been able to figure out what is triggering it??!

Anyone with that knowledge?

image-16 (resized).jpgimage-16 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpg
#3480 4 years ago

I think you have to complete power down to reset the throwing spikes but I’m not positive.

#3481 4 years ago

Do other people's games award the right ramp jackpot instantly on starting multiball if it's selected? It seems like when it dumps the balls, the balls on the right ramp enter before the right ramp scoring switch, which awards the jackpot (while on the left ramp they enter below the switch). Something wrong, or just a coding overlook?

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think you have to complete power down to reset the throwing spikes but I’m not positive.

No, it's not that. I get it sometimes when I start the next ball but I can't figure out what I did.
I can tell you what else doesn't help... shooting crazy bob, starting a mode, multiplying bonus or having multiplied bonus in the previous ball
.. or collecting extra ball which is the last mode in spikes.

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I believe i just bought a plastic protector set that has a clear piece you can use instead of the plastic (then installed the rest of the set to protect the remaining plastics

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought it reset at the start of the next ball. Also not positive

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I believe i just bought a plastic protector set that has a clear piece you can use instead of the plastic (then installed the rest of the set to protect the remaining plastics

Thanks, I ended up just cutting one out of a piece of lexan and it's working fine so far!

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I thought it reset at the start of the next ball. Also not positive

Nope. It doesn't. Just sometimes, but it has to be from something else.
I really wish anyone knows this.

#3487 4 years ago

I've read through the thread a year ago but my glove is finally making a bit of noise once it is reseting back to it's original location. Other than the X and Y nuts is there anything else I should look at picking up to rebuild the mechanism? Obviously I will look over the rods and make sure they are ok still. It's been working flawless for a year so is it maybe just that I need to put some lube on the threaded rod?

2 weeks later
#3488 4 years ago

I've got a dreaded broken hand question. I just picked up a JM the other day and right away the hand was disabled. I enabled it and started the testing, when doing self test it only moves right/left about half an inch a few times on the x-axis and no y-axis movement at all and gives up.

So far I have:
replaced both x and y nuts
made sure both rods can move by hand
checked that all optos, home switches, and ball in hand switch all register manually during switch edge testing
re-soldered all joints on the relay board
used a 12v battery at each motor plug from the relay board to make sure there is no short in wiring and that they move easily
Measured voltage at the y-motor during self test and noticed its getting 2.5v and not moving the motor, so a lot less than the needed 12v
Grounded J126-8 and found that the y-motor was moving super super slow and then an electrical burning smell was coming from the relay board

So I think I isolated it to a relay board issue and the motor only getting a few volts and not the 12v needed for the self test. Would anyone know which component on the board might cause this? and might smell like electrical burn when powered? Any ideas are appreciated, trying to avoid buying a new board altogether.

UPDATE: turns out it was the TIP102 transistor on the relay board for the y-motor

#3489 4 years ago

Just joined about a month ago. Great game, really enjoying it so far.

20200202_120916 (resized).jpg20200202_120916 (resized).jpg20200202_120924 (resized).jpg20200202_120924 (resized).jpg
#3490 4 years ago

Did Williams ever print an amendment for the Hand Assembly that included reference numbers on the exploded parts pg 2-27? If so, does anyone have a copy they can share? Sadly I think I need to rebuild it. I have looked at Blondihacks pg and will use that as a reference.
thx
izzy

#3491 4 years ago

Silly question, which direction is the X axis? Front to rear or side to side?
thx

#3492 4 years ago

Service bulletins, is there a website I can access for JM?

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Service bulletins, is there a website I can access for JM?

There are addendums and service bulletins here...

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Johnny+Mnemonic+&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#3494 4 years ago

Should both x and y rods manually rotate easily? The side to side rotates easily, not the front to rear.
thx

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Should both x and y rods manually rotate easily? The side to side rotates easily, not the front to rear.
thx

X is left to right. My Y is harder than my X, but both can be done by hand. I've never found the supposed updated service bulletin for the hand

#3496 4 years ago

thx for the info. I think the gear mech most be gummed up.

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx for the info. I think the gear mech most be gummed up.

Can't hurt to take the screw rods out, clean all the old grease off, and apply some new stuff

#3498 4 years ago

Decided to Clean the entire hand mech. Ordering x & y nuts, etc.
thx

#3499 4 years ago

Thx. I had know idea that info was on IPDB

#3500 4 years ago

Just joined the club! This is another pin I took a chance on and bought without having played it before. Dirty Harry was another. So far we are really enjoying this game. Very, very fast. Just learning the rules.

Is there any advantage to dropping the ball in the matrix on the lit spot? It appears you can drop them in any 3 spots to start multiball. Should they be in a row? Is there strategy other than simply choosing which award you want?

Mine is faded, so I just went with it! Nice condition overall.

Cool game!

6B167FC4-ABE7-4269-BD33-5198755E5FBF (resized).jpeg6B167FC4-ABE7-4269-BD33-5198755E5FBF (resized).jpeg7351FC30-DA45-4A02-B28A-BDF926DCD100 (resized).jpeg7351FC30-DA45-4A02-B28A-BDF926DCD100 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.00
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.