20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 89.
#301 10 years ago

Looks good tamoore, where you pulling power from? Are you piggy backing off playfield GI/coin door lights or tapping into the 12v pin out on the coin door interface?

#302 10 years ago

Does look good. I think I'll have to do that

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Looks good tamoore, where you pulling power from? Are you piggy backing off playfield GI/coin door lights or tapping into the 12v pin out on the coin door interface?

Yep. Pulling it from the coin door lights.

#304 10 years ago

What's the deal with the MK3 codes thing on the DMD in tamoore's first pic? First I've heard of that.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

What's the deal with the MK3 codes thing on the DMD in tamoore's first pic? First I've heard of that.

I have crossover messages on a few of my pingames. No Fear has one of these too. I think you can turn them off in the settings.

#306 10 years ago

Is it me or is the ruleset for JM a bit confusing?

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is it me or is the ruleset for JM a bit confusing?

I think it is deeper and more nuanced than most people give it credit for being....

#308 10 years ago

Yeah I agree.

Just got this pin Friday night and still trying to understand what the hell is going on.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

You can enable/disable MK3 codes in the settings.

Quoted from tamoore:

Yep. I have them on mine....

That looks GREAT! And really make the fact that there's four flipper buttons pretty obvious.

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

You can enable/disable MK3 codes in the settings.

Awesome, I'm going to have to turn that on. Makes me wish I still had my MK arcade cabinet!

#311 10 years ago

MK3 codes? Why am I confused?

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

JM has codes for Mortal Kombat 3 hidden in it. Check out tamoore's top pic here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/6#post-1299765

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Both were Midway games...cross-advertising/promotion.

#314 10 years ago

Anyone else ever have issues with the ball hanging by the Crazy Bobs scoop when it's coming out of the pops? Mine just started doing this and I haven't really looked into what it could be. Suggestions on things to adjust?

#315 10 years ago

flipper buttons for lighting are on my next order - seriously great looking right there!

#316 10 years ago

That code for powerdown is pretty cool! I'm going to pop that code in before my GF and I play again and not tell her... See if she freaks out getting powerdown on the first shot =)

#317 10 years ago

I have a converted highly modified Johnny Mnemonic that I am working on... Does this machine count?

IMG_20131020_213521_504.jpgIMG_20131020_213521_504.jpgIMG_20131028_113505_033-578.jpgIMG_20131028_113505_033-578.jpgIMG_20131023_205357_310.jpgIMG_20131023_205357_310.jpg

#318 10 years ago

Very nice Hemi,

a short Vid would be Awesome & your in

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have a converted highly modified Johnny Mnemonic that I am working on... Does this machine count?

Ha ha you dog, you're about to become very popular...

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

IMG_20131023_205357_310.jpg 121 KB

IMG_20131020_213521_504.jpg 118 KB

IMG_20131028_113505_033-578.jpg 165 KB

Did you buy this?????????????????????????

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Very nice Hemi,
a short Vid would be Awesome & your in

I will be posting a video soon....

Quoted from kvan99:

Ha ha you dog, you're about to become very popular...

LOL.. Pinnovating Pinball did a GREAT JOB converting this machine. I have been adding mods to it, so it is totally tricked out. It is and will be one "Special Johnny Mnemonic" machine.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Did you buy this?????????????????????????

I WISH.... A good friend and customer of mine purchased the Matrix and I am adding tons of mods to it....It's going to look STUPIDLY Awesome when its completed. I posted some pictures of it on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pinballrefinery

More to come some,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#322 10 years ago

I received the lockdown bar today from the custom shop, it's back home where it belongs.... Perfect Fit....

IMG_20131210_124322_547.jpgIMG_20131210_124322_547.jpg

#323 10 years ago

Wow that looks incredible.

#324 10 years ago

I wish you out in the mid-atlantic.. I'd love to see that thing in person!

#325 10 years ago

You would of had to watch the movie, I put a storage container over the flasher. I might sell these if folks think it kinda cool. The circle you can see I will remove. image-157.jpgimage-157.jpgimage-421.jpgimage-421.jpg

#326 10 years ago

Do it!!!

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You would of had to watch the movie, I put a storage container over the flasher. I might sell these if folks think it kinda cool. The circle you can see I will remove.

Nice work! Now about that melting Dolph Lundgren mod...

#328 10 years ago

Loop it through Jones!

I actually watched the movie for the first time the other night. Many "Hey that's from the pinball machine" moments. Had to capture this one: https://vine.co/v/hxFt3rmZMz0

#329 10 years ago

The movie was quite awful but I did stick through it. Throw me some more ideas and I can see what I can whip up. Be back Saturday, heading to Denver for some Thursday night football and some 1up.

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The movie was quite awful but I did stick through it. Throw me some more ideas and I can see what I can whip up. Be back Saturday, heading to Denver for some Thursday night football and some 1up.

I thought this was a cool one: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-dolphin-mod

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You would of had to watch the movie, I put a storage container over the flasher. I might sell these if folks think it kinda cool. The circle you can see I will remove.

image-421.jpg 231 KB

image-157.jpg 206 KB

I have a question about the plastic that sits above the left lane in this pic. Mine looks EXACTLY like it. Is this plastic cracked in the upper left hand corner? Also, some of the decal is missing in the exact same place as mine. Must be common, eh?

#332 10 years ago

Rules question:

Seems like sometimes I get whatever mode I may be playing to lite after making just a few of the shots. Do you have to actually "beat" a mode to get it en route to powerdown?

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Rules question:
Seems like sometimes I get whatever mode I may be playing to lite after making just a few of the shots. Do you have to actually "beat" a mode to get it en route to powerdown?

The better you do on the modes, the more GB's you'll earn to start powerdown. If you really stink up the modes, once you complete them all you won't be able to start powerdown until you've earned some more GB's.

Some of the modes time out rather quickly, I think. I never bothered to look to see if you could adjust their lengths in feature adjustments or not...

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Rules question:

Once you start a mode the mode should light no matter how poorly you play it, even if you were to drain immediately after starting it (that's never happened to anyone, right? hah). So you don't have to complete it for it to light. It is important to play well on at least a few of the modes, however, since the better you play the more gigabytes will be awarded (320 required to get to powerdown). Completing a mode also lights Crazy Bob's for one of the special items which also can help you in powerdown.

#335 10 years ago

I see.

So after I play all modes (regardless of how well) as long as I have 320 gb, Crazy Bob's sign lites for Powerdown? Is that where I'm shooting for start powerdown? Or is it the center again?

LOVING this game.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I see.
So after I play all modes (regardless of how well) as long as I have 320 gb, Crazy Bob's sign lites for Powerdown? Is that where I'm shooting for start powerdown? Or is it the center again?
LOVING this game.

So once you get all the modes lit AND provided you have 320 gigabytes, Powerdown is started the same way all the other modes are: hit Crazy Bob's and then up the middle. If you don't have 320 gigabytes, powerdown won't even be an option - it just won't let the mode start. At that point, you're kind of screwed as there are only a few ways to get more gigabytes (on the matrix, skill shots, throwing spikes, etc.) and none of them are easy in the heat of the moment.

I still find JM really difficult. After a dry spell I got to powerdown again last week but only after setting the replay to an extra ball and boosting the ball save to 10 seconds.

#337 10 years ago

Cool thanks for the info. The rulesheet, along with the manual rules are a bit difficult to understand. I don't want to cheat and enter the code to go straight to power down either. I want to experience it the normal way.

Really difficult game and I consider myself a decent player.

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

If you don't have 320 gigabytes, powerdown won't even be an option - it just won't let the mode start. At that point, you're kind of screwed as there are only a few ways to get more gigabytes (on the matrix, skill shots, throwing spikes, etc.) and none of them are easy in the heat of the moment.

My friend was over and he finished all the modes but needed more gigabytes in order to start powerdown. He was on his last ball and the pressure was on and he finally did start powerdown but boy was it tense watching him play. I love my JM and don't see it ever leavning my collection again.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Cool thanks for the info. The rulesheet, along with the manual rules are a bit difficult to understand. I don't want to cheat and enter the code to go straight to power down either. I want to experience it the normal way.
Really difficult game and I consider myself a decent player.

It's definitely a thrilling wizard mode to achieve without cheating. In the beginning I didn't have a tilt bob in my machine and that made things considerably easier With a new tilt bob back in it and the nudges set to 5, it's more of a challenge, but more rewarding. Still, days go by when I get absolutely no where on JM and just give up until it feels "right."

#340 10 years ago

I just bought this game (blind) from some family selling their JM for only $1000! I figured I couldn't go wrong to get a pin for only $1000. I was nervous it might have been a scam ... but it wasn't and the game is in GREAT shape. I was shocked at the price/condition ... but I was even more shocked how fun this game is! If you're looking for a fun game with a fairly deep ruleset (and a sci-fi theme to boot) this game can be bought dirt cheap (I see prices still under 2k for this somewhat rare game?)

#341 10 years ago

I finalize the shipping container. It has great detail and fits right over the left flashing dome. You can order here if you are interested.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mezelmods

image-380.jpgimage-380.jpg

#342 10 years ago

Anyone shop a jm?

I'm thinking of doing it and leaving the glove and matrix alone. Looks pretty straight forward.

Anyone?

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yep. Pulling it from the coin door lights.

The coin door lights are 6.3v not 12v.

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The coin door lights are 6.3v not 12v.

Truth. Perfect for LED's.

#345 10 years ago

I'm about to start the rebuild of my JM, Just received the playfield back from it's final clear today.
Was thinking about starting a thread documenting my progress. I have all new nos ramps, plastics ready to go & hopefully new full cabinet art also.jm1.jpgjm1.jpg

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

I'm about to start the rebuild of my JM, Just received the playfield back from it's final clear today.
Was thinking about starting a thread documenting my progress. I have all new nos ramps, plastics ready to go & hopefully new full cabinet art also.

I hope you create a new thread and look forward to following your progress. I can't imagine how fast your game is going to play with a clear coated playfield. Good luck!

#347 10 years ago

Man JM PF with CC, that will be lighting FAST,

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Man JM PF with CC, that will be lighting FAST,

Ball time on that thing is going to be measured in Milliseconds...

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

Was thinking about starting a thread documenting my progress. I have all new nos ramps, plastics ready to go & hopefully new full cabinet art also.

jm1.jpg 175 KB

Oh baby! Looks nice clean and clear

#350 10 years ago

Are there any plans for JM ramp protectors?
Every JM I've seen has damaged ramps including the ones on mine which were utterly destroyed.
Have to protect my new NOS ones.

jm_ramp.jpgjm_ramp.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.00
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.