20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 89.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Well I somehow solved my Matrix clear problem. In a related note, if anyone can take a pic of their knocker wiring, that would be great. The knocker took down the voltage on the game somehow.

0201E397-E937-43C0-9BDD-C0E8F7FED059 (resized).jpeg0201E397-E937-43C0-9BDD-C0E8F7FED059 (resized).jpeg

AE2CB8A5-9BC1-42E4-88D6-1093B355C10F (resized).jpegAE2CB8A5-9BC1-42E4-88D6-1093B355C10F (resized).jpeg
#3202 5 years ago

I am hopefully going to join this club tomorrow! Have a lot questions. The one I’m picking up has pretty faded reds on the cabinet and backbox but overall the game looks pretty good. Can’t tell for sure from pictures I was sent, but a few of the inserts looked worn and can’t tell if it’s the decal itself or the actual playfield that was worn. Are there replacement insert decals available anywhere? Where in the heck is the spinner located? How do I check that the hand and the matrix work good? How do the balls lock in this game? I think I have played this game only a few times so I’m not familiar with the rules at all. That’s the fun in getting a new machine tho. Why do most of these machines have such bad fade in the red? Doesn’t necessarily mean it was exposed to full sunlight all the time does it? The other colors look decent. What else should I be looking for? Thanks for any tips.

#3203 5 years ago

Lethal_Inc Check for cracked ramps, broken/chipped pop-bumper skirts, movement of the loop diverts to be free and smooth, and most importantly the hand functioning properly - check the screws for wear, the nut that travels on it can be replaced easily.

#3204 5 years ago

Since this game has the power down mode, will LEDS in the GI flicker or look like shit during this mode? Is LED OCD required.

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Since this game has the power down mode, will LEDS in the GI flicker or look like shit during this mode? Is LED OCD required.

Powerdown turns whole quadrants off. GI OCD is nice on JM. Don’t think LED OCD is needed but it is better.

#3206 5 years ago

I got it! I’m in the club! Picked a different one up that had nice reds on the cabinet decals. All original too. Playfield is really nice. All the lamps in the inserts are still incandescents but the G.I. has color which I will change. Looking forward to tinkering and playing this game. I’ll post some pics later. Now I have to read this while thread.

#3207 5 years ago

Like Yurijos I'm going to look at this pin tonight. Seller says red has the typical fade and there is some minor wear on the corners of a few inserts. Guess the glove works great and there are no errors. Anyone know what a Johnny in good condition goes for these days?

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Like Yurijos I'm going to look at this pin tonight. Seller says red has the typical fade and there is some minor wear on the corners of a few inserts. Guess the glove works great and there are no errors. Anyone know what a Johnny in good condition goes for these days?

$2800 - ?

#3209 5 years ago

ok was going to offer $2300 so hopefully I can get a good deal. thanks!

#3210 5 years ago

Does anybody know the correct lamp socket for the GI lamps in JM? The socket part number and even location of the GI lamps are not in the manual and I have a few that are all rusted out and would like to replace.

#3211 5 years ago

Jeez where are all you JM owners?

#3212 5 years ago

Owners manual does not have a rubber list, spacer or post lists either. Where can I find these/part numbers? Thanks.

#3213 5 years ago

Well got it for $2300. Other than the cabinet fade everything looks good. Has been switched to all LEDs. Picking up Saturday so pictures to follow. This is my first home pin so pretty excited.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Owners manual does not have a rubber list, spacer or post lists either. Where can I find these/part numbers? Thanks.

Titan keeps a user submitted database for all games - https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/2532
I usually check each one and make sure they're consistent, if not, order the one with more rubbers. Titans are nice but I get the PinballLife ones.

As for the light socket, take your pick - https://www.pinballlife.com/lamp-sockets.html

#3215 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

when I start a game and the ball kicks into the shooter lane, I score instantly 1,000,010. This will happen if it's a one player game, 2, 3 or 4, everyone starts with a 1,000,010. At least everyone gets the same amount of points . There's no switches that are stuck on so it's weird. I'm thinking about switching out the Roms, any other thoughts?

Spinner switch is out of adjustment or Spinner is resting in the "upside down" position. Flip the spinner over, start a game, shouldn't get those points.

#3216 5 years ago

I notice a lot of silver looking dust on the playfield below the hand mech. Is it normal for that magnet to create dust like that since the ball is being plunged to the magnet and it catches it? Maybe it’s not lined up correctly and that action is causing the dust?

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I notice a lot of silver looking dust on the playfield below the hand mech.

It's probably from the x and y nuts for the hand movement

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I notice a lot of silver looking dust on the playfield below the hand mech. Is it normal for that magnet to create dust like that since the ball is being plunged to the magnet and it catches it? Maybe it’s not lined up correctly and that action is causing the dust?

That is coming from the nut that moves the hand back/forward. You’ll must likely need to replace it. You can buy the x-nut and y-nut at Marco.

#3219 5 years ago

Thanks guys! Question about the teal looking inserts on the right loop bonuses and the upper lanes into the pops. What color LED have you guys used there? Comet doesn’t have teal but do have cyan, will that color be good?

#3220 5 years ago

I just joined the club!

60A571E4-88FA-4333-959A-E70D08209AAA (resized).jpeg60A571E4-88FA-4333-959A-E70D08209AAA (resized).jpeg
#3221 5 years ago

Credit dot. Check ball in hand switch. How do you test or reset that?

#3222 5 years ago

Go to switch edge tests and press the switch inside the hand
It's rectangular and goes around the round socket inside the magnet. It tends to get bent often or suffer from bad cables (had both on mine), but it's easy to reach and repair (1 screw at the hand cover, then 2 at the bracket)

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I just joined the club!
[quoted image]

Congrats! My JM will never leave my game-room!

#3224 5 years ago

Here's some shopout photos I sent to a pinsider https://photos.app.goo.gl/u7Kxa4EnmU3THxX87

#3225 5 years ago

Anybody know what lamps are in the cyber matrix grid(X9), are they 555’s or 44’s?

#3226 5 years ago

Picked it up Saturday. Really is a fun pin. Question what are you guys using to take care of the playfield? I want to give it a good vacuum and probably wax it but unsure what is best to use.

IMG_3013 (resized).jpgIMG_3013 (resized).jpgIMG_3019 (resized).jpgIMG_3019 (resized).jpg
#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Picked it up Saturday. Really is a fun pin. Question what are you guys using to take care of the playfield? I want to give it a good vacuum and probably wax it but unsure what is best to use.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you going to change those colored LEDs?

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are you going to change those colored LEDs?

Plan for now is just to wax and play it.
This is my first home pin so I'm just liking the fact I can fire it up and play some games whenever.

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Plan for now is just to wax and play it.
This is my first home pin so I'm just liking the fact I can fire it up and play some games whenever.

People have different items they use to clean/wax the playfield. (as in all things pinball, there's always a debate to be had) Some carnuba wax (I personally don't).

I use Naptha to clean rubbers and non plastics.

I use Novus 2 to fill in tiny clear coat scratches (Novus 1 on plastic ramps if needed).

I use Mill Wax to clean/wax the playfield.

millwax (resized).jpgmillwax (resized).jpgnovus2 (resized).jpgnovus2 (resized).jpg
#3230 5 years ago

Perfect thanks!

#3231 5 years ago

I've not used Millwax since a bottle exploded all over my playfield (and anything else in the vacinity).

#3232 5 years ago

Hand mech was acting up so time to rebuild and clean that whole assembly. Removed the whole back with the electromagnet, rods, and motors completely from the playfield last night. Actually pretty easy to remove but know I need to get into each x and y axis as well as the gears. The x nut is so rounded I don’t even know how it made contact with that threaded rod. It definitely made the hand droop down. I was just going to get some white lithium grease made by Lucas Oil from home depot instead of the rock n roll super web grease for the gears, will that be sufficient? Also, I thought I read in this thread that the ball in hand switch can be modded somehow. What’s the story on that? I ordered a new ball in hand switch assembly, pricey, so I’ll just replace it but wanting to get more details on that if anybody knows. I’ll report back and let you know how the rebuild goes but so far so good.

#3233 5 years ago

Also interested in what grease people are using. How often are people doing a regrease on the hand?

#3234 5 years ago

Super lube synthetic

48218362-2177-490B-B4C8-85B5DD6AD2F0 (resized).jpeg48218362-2177-490B-B4C8-85B5DD6AD2F0 (resized).jpeg
#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody know what lamps are in the cyber matrix grid(X9), are they 555’s or 44’s?

They are 555s.

Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Also interested in what grease people are using. How often are people doing a regrease on the hand?

You can also use "superweb" grease. Its akin to grease used for lubrication bicycle chains.

#3236 5 years ago

I was just gonna use some of this. Ok?FEF603DC-6B2E-42A8-B7E4-D949AAE195E2 (resized).jpegFEF603DC-6B2E-42A8-B7E4-D949AAE195E2 (resized).jpeg

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was just gonna use some of this. Ok?[quoted image]

I do not have any experience with that product.

This is what I bought from Amazon from recommendations here on Pinside:

Screenshot_20190313-100933_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190313-100933_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3238 5 years ago

Yes I saw that but I need something now as I am rebuilding those gears and don’t want to wait for the shipping. I think it will be fine, it will be used HUO.

#3239 5 years ago

Success!!! I rebuilt the hand mech and it works perfect now. Time consuming to go through everything in that assembly. This game has a lot going for it and it’s a real sleeper that’s rare and I think it will only go up in value. Next up, replace rubbers, LED’s in the inserts and change the color bombed GI in mine. Peace.

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Success!!! I rebuilt the hand mech and it works perfect now. Time consuming to go through everything in that assembly. This game has a lot going for it and it’s a real sleeper that’s rare and I think it will only go up in value. Next up, replace rubbers, LED’s in the inserts and change the color bombed GI in mine. Peace.

Did you follow any guides when rebuilding your hand? I'm debating rebuilding mine just to have it in good shape.

#3241 5 years ago

Just use the guide that’s in this thread. Sorry don’t know the post # but it’s in here several times. Great explanation.

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Did you follow any guides when rebuilding your hand? I'm debating rebuilding mine just to have it in good shape.

Take it apart, take a bunch of pictures doing so, clean the old grease off with brake cleaner, reassemble in the reverse order and lube with SuberLube.

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=1615

#3244 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I ordered some of the super web grease so once it gets here I'm hoping I can get it all put together. Got some of the Blitz wax also.... do you guys wax the ramps, side rails. and everything else? First table so I'm trying to do it right the first time.

#3245 5 years ago

Anyone else need slingshot plastics? Maybe we can show enough interest to get some more plastics made. I found one set in the UK for over $50 with shipping.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Thanks guys. I ordered some of the super web grease so once it gets here I'm hoping I can get it all put together. Got some of the Blitz wax also.... do you guys wax the ramps, side rails. and everything else? First table so I'm trying to do it right the first time.

Yes. Wax everything the ball touches, minus rubber.

#3247 5 years ago

Joined the club this weekend! I'm very excited, though having issues out of the gate. I had to take the backbox off to move it and I'm concerned I did something wrong on reassembly. I did a lot of verifying and can't figure out what if anything is incorrect, though there seems to be several variations between the WPC manuals...

Symptoms:
* turned the game on and the DMD was scrambled.
* Double checked connectors, re-seated, turned on the game, no improvement
* then the DMD went black, GI and inserts went out, the glove didn't move at startup, and the flippers started firing
* booted in safe mode, checked TP voltages on the driver board, all appeared ok (TP1: 15.3, TP2: 4.8, TP3: 11.9, TP4:0, TP5:0, TP6:72.8, TP7: 21.5, TP8-18)
* booted without the fliptronics board plugged in and no change

Attached some areas of concern after consulting the manuals (J137/138 = interchangeable? J133/134 = interchangeable?). The numbers on my CPU also do not match the manual (206, 207, 208 are different than in the manual). Do these look correct?

JM1 (resized).jpgJM1 (resized).jpgJM2 (resized).jpgJM2 (resized).jpg

#3248 5 years ago

Anyone ordered Cliffys for their Johnny? I sent him an email a week ago and haven't heard back but not sure if he runs way behind or not.

Damn hope you get it up and running soon. I'm sure someone will chime in and be able to help

#3249 5 years ago

Joined the club this weekend! I'm very excited, though having issues out of the gate. I had to take the backbox off to move it and I'm concerned I did something wrong on reassembly. I did a lot of verifying and can't figure out what if anything is incorrect, though there seems to be several variations between the WPC manuals...
Symptoms:
* turned the game on and the DMD was scrambled.
* Double checked connectors, re-seated, turned on the game, no improvement
* then the DMD went black, GI and inserts went out, the glove didn't move at startup, and the flippers started firing
* booted in safe mode, checked TP voltages on the driver board, all appeared ok (TP1: 15.3, TP2: 4.8, TP3: 11.9, TP4:0, TP5:0, TP6:72.8, TP7: 21.5, TP8-18)
* booted without the fliptronics board plugged in and no change I hope these help original cpu-50242100346 ,other that works power driver -50224103511 , good luck

IMG_0664 (resized).JPGIMG_0664 (resized).JPGIMG_0665 (resized).JPGIMG_0665 (resized).JPGIMG_0670 (resized).JPGIMG_0670 (resized).JPG
#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Anyone ordered Cliffys for their Johnny? I sent him an email a week ago and haven't heard back but not sure if he runs way behind or not.
Damn hope you get it up and running soon. I'm sure someone will chime in and be able to help

He's a busy guy, wait a week or two and try again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/65?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.