20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 89.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Laser cut some fluorescent protectors for the lower plastics and left ramp!
v2 will have the clear part in the middle of the ramp plastic cut out too!
The camera can only capture it so well, but they look killer lit up.
Considering doing a run of these, please PM me if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are awesome! Well done. Would you consider another color? Blue?

I’ve done my JM with Blue Titans, etc.

4D9FDDF8-D259-42D4-AC08-8A4071E5886E (resized).jpeg4D9FDDF8-D259-42D4-AC08-8A4071E5886E (resized).jpeg
#3152 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I installed new leds in the game non ghosting , I also installed ledocd and giocd

I have flickering on certain inserts , extra ball, triangles on left ramp, center cyber lock, left square on mnemonic recovery. Everything else’s works great. Any one expirence this ? Is there a different file I need than the one that comes with the default software ? Tia

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Hey everyone, I installed new leds in the game non ghosting , I also installed ledocd and giocd
I have flickering on certain inserts , extra ball, triangles on left ramp, center cyber lock, left square on mnemonic recovery. Everything else’s works great. Any one expirence this ? Is there a different file I need than the one that comes with the default software ? Tia

Non ghosting leds aren’t supposed to be used with ledocd. Just regular leds work the best

#3154 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Non ghosting leds aren’t supposed to be used with ledocd. Just regular leds work the best

Should have read regular leds not non ghosting

So regular leds being used.

#3155 5 years ago

I have some wiring to trace it looks like.

169180C9-D2A4-4FD5-A804-6FBD2329354C (resized).jpeg169180C9-D2A4-4FD5-A804-6FBD2329354C (resized).jpeg
#3156 5 years ago

Made some progress. I removed the yellow orange wire from the reboot light and the ghosting went away on a few inserts. Can some one give me a photo of the wiring underneath theirs please. Thank you.

BFE727E1-8012-4EF3-ADBD-CF2053189FC3 (resized).jpegBFE727E1-8012-4EF3-ADBD-CF2053189FC3 (resized).jpegCEEE69E8-43FA-4859-B5BB-CD6F916DF185 (resized).jpegCEEE69E8-43FA-4859-B5BB-CD6F916DF185 (resized).jpeg
#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Made some progress. I removed the yellow orange wire from the reboot light and the ghosting went away on a few inserts. Can some one give me a photo of the wiring underneath theirs please. Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

ECA48849-8823-438E-A306-89A3CF590667 (resized).jpegECA48849-8823-438E-A306-89A3CF590667 (resized).jpeg
#3158 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

[quoted image]

Thank you so much looks like the red/ gray wire was soldered incorrectly at some point.

No more flicker or lights staying on !!!! Wahooo

#3159 5 years ago

Got some JM parts for sale.

Miscellaneous plastics - Some nos some used but in great shape.

Hand assembly - untested but told it worked when I bought it.

X and Y nuts - New

Hand Assembly Wire Harness - New

Jones Mod - New

I’d prefer to sell everything together but would be willing to break it up. I’ll accept any reasonable offers.

22C189A0-CEB2-44F7-B70C-91733D4C4B60 (resized).jpeg22C189A0-CEB2-44F7-B70C-91733D4C4B60 (resized).jpegF9176264-B7C6-4401-BBEC-8840E27F15D9 (resized).jpegF9176264-B7C6-4401-BBEC-8840E27F15D9 (resized).jpeg
#3160 5 years ago

Man that dolphin is really tempting. My plastics are all fine but the one over the right target and I could use an x+y nut hmm.

#3161 5 years ago

Who makes that Jones mod and how much?

#3163 5 years ago

Does anyone have a playfield scan? I'm looking to make my own playfield protector and can reward you with a free one

#3164 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Does anyone have a playfield scan? I'm looking to make my own playfield protector and can reward you with a free one

I’m taking mine apart to scan it but not for another couple weeks. I’m going to have my artist friend redo all the graphics him high res photo quality and reprint the playfield then clear it.

#3165 5 years ago

Question about the spotlight attached to the top of the left ramp that illuminates the glove area: is that spotlight always on (normal GI) or is it only on when the glove is active in some way (controlled GI)? If the later, how can that light be tested? I don't see it in the lamp matrix. I picked up a JM a while back and did a full rebuild and that's the one piece that doesn't seem to work....although the spotlight assembly itself and the cable attached to it tests good to the connector with the green/white-green wires under the playfield. Just don't know if I'm clear about whether I'm testing it appropriately.

#3166 5 years ago

Don't have my JM here, but I'm pretty sure it's GI

#3167 5 years ago

JM owner... and yep it's GI.

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

JM owner... and yep it's GI.

Thanks cynric and @Flynnyfalcon. Based on your input, and lack of detail about the spotlight in the manual, I decided to just trace the wires for the spotlight back through the wiring harness. For posterity, the wires trace back to pin 10 (white-green) and pin 5 (green) on the IDC connector attached to J121 on the power driver board.

In my case, the wire at pin 10 was loose. I repunched that wire in the IDC connector and now the spotlight works as it should.

#3169 5 years ago

I've spent half of today stripping down the hand mechanism, replacing the X and Y nuts and cleaning out the gears and applying new grease. The hand is still blowing fuse F111 after it moves a few times. I'm guessing that one of the motors is struggling. My best hunch is that I didn't put enough grease back in the motor gears but are there any other likely reasons? How easy should the motor shafts be to turn by hand? I can turn them but they do put up some resistance.

The motor sensors (I've forgotten the proper name) and the home switches are working OK in switch edges if I operate the motors by hand so the hand is not trying to go past the limits.

#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I've spent half of today stripping down the hand mechanism, replacing the X and Y nuts and cleaning out the gears and applying new grease. The hand is still blowing fuse F111 after it moves a few times. I'm guessing that one of the motors is struggling. My best hunch is that I didn't put enough grease back in the motor gears but are there any other likely reasons? How easy should the motor shafts be to turn by hand? I can turn them but they do put up some resistance.
The motor sensors (I've forgotten the proper name) and the home switches are working OK in switch edges if I operate the motors by hand so the hand is not trying to go past the limits.

Fuse F111 is listed as the Flasher Secondary fuse. Should not be a problem with the hand itself, but the vibration/movement of the hand may be causing a short in the flasher mounted in the hand's back panel and cause that fuse to blow. Check the flasher wiring to make sure you don't have any insulation missing or a short in the cabling somewhere.

Also, have you read the Manual Addendum #1 and applied that fix? It directly relates to what I'm talking about.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3683/Williams_1995_Johnny_Mnemonic_Manual_Addendum_1.pdf

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Fuse F111 is listed as the Flasher Secondary fuse. Should not be a problem with the hand itself, but the vibration/movement of the hand may be causing a short in the flasher mounted in the hand's back panel and cause that fuse to blow. Check the flasher wiring to make sure you don't have any insulation missing or a short in the cabling somewhere.
Also, have you read the Manual Addendum #1 and applied that fix? It directly relates to what I'm talking about.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/3683/Williams_1995_Johnny_Mnemonic_Manual_Addendum_1.pdf

Thanks for the great info about the flasher, which I didn't know. I'll take a look.

Update: It doesn't look to be flasher related, those wires aren't shorting and the flashers are working fine.

I'm struggling to see how F111 is not motor related when the motor stops working when it blows.

#3172 5 years ago

I definitely seem to have a motor problem, the motor just pulses when connected to 12v DC

I'm guessing that the motor isn't servicable. Are these motors available as a generic thing? I don't really want to pay $199 for the whole assembly with gearbox (if they are even in stock anywhere).

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I definitely seem to have a motor problem, the motor just pulses when connected to 12v DC
I'm guessing that the motor isn't servicable. Are these motors available as a generic thing? I don't really want to pay $199 for the whole assembly with gearbox (if they are even in stock anywhere).

Interested as well, maybe an R/C car hobby shop?

#3174 5 years ago

While power is applied are you able to turn the shaft?
You can take it to an electric motor shop and have them rewind it

#3175 5 years ago

I've got the gear off the shaft and there are lots of similar looking motors out there. This motor needs to turn approximately 11 times to turn the X screw once but motors are listed with unloaded RPM so I don't know how that will translate. Basically, I'm going to do some trial and error with some cheap motors. I'll report back when I've solved it in case it helps someone in the future.

#3176 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Got some JM parts for sale.
Miscellaneous plastics - Some nos some used but in great shape.
Hand assembly - untested but told it worked when I bought it.
X and Y nuts - New
Hand Assembly Wire Harness - New
Jones Mod - New
I’d prefer to sell everything together but would be willing to break it up. I’ll accept any reasonable offers. [quoted image][quoted image]

All parts are sold

#3177 5 years ago

So I bought this cheap motor on Amazon, glued the gear on the shaft with epoxy because it was loose, put everything back together again and hey presto, working hand!

IMG_20181208_210353 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_210353 (resized).jpg
#3178 5 years ago

Good job! Thanks for posting what you found out.

#3179 5 years ago

Good work.

Also thanks everyone for the matrix clear pictures. Mine seems to be the same way and in test if i nudge the plunger just a little bit, it catches the charge and lifts the rest of the way. Moves free by hand.
What voltage should I be getting at that coil when it fires?

#3180 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

So I bought this cheap motor on Amazon, glued the gear on the shaft with epoxy because it was loose, put everything back together again and hey presto, working hand![quoted image]

TY!! Found one identical to it for $3.00 and free shipping.

ebay.com link: itm

#3181 5 years ago

Those motors are similar to motors use in car door locks as well

#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

So I bought this cheap motor on Amazon, glued the gear on the shaft with epoxy because it was loose, put everything back together again and hey presto, working hand![quoted image]

Very cool! Unlike other games that rely on timing, the switches to determine the end of the path drive JM. Assuming that the motor spins backwards if you apply the 12VDC backwards also?

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Very cool! Unlike other games that rely on timing, the switches to determine the end of the path drive JM. Assuming that the motor spins backwards if you apply the 12VDC backwards also?

I didn't actually try it with my power supply but that should be how it works, I'm pretty sure that's how the game switches direction, by swapping the polarity.

#3184 5 years ago

Finished shopping out my recently acquired JM! I don't go crazy with colored GI these days, but I feel the cyberpunk theme is just asking for it!
The Comet cyan LED's in the pops/rollovers are a must! Perfect match.
Still going to add some LED strips in the back and trough. I replaced the clear plastic on the right ramp and next to crazy bob's with a fluorescent acrylic. Very happy with this! Plays VERY fast!

IMG_20181203_204010_753 (resized).jpgIMG_20181203_204010_753 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_203711 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_203711 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181210_203405 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181210_203405 (resized).jpg

#3185 5 years ago

"I'm making a long distance phone call"

It's so bad it's awesome!

Amazing how Williams was able to make such a great pin from this movie

IMG_0920 (resized).JPGIMG_0920 (resized).JPG
#3186 5 years ago

This game is pretty hard.
Been playing it almost daily for 2 weeks and still haven't broke the top 5 yet (2.5B). Maybe I'm just not that good

Mine was playing ridiculously fast.
I fixed a flipper that was off a tiny bit and re-leveled it and am getting some cleaner shots and longer ball times.
Still fast as shit!

1 month later
#3187 5 years ago

Looking for Johnny Mnemonic translite. Does anyone manufacture a JM translite? I am a new JM owner, the game is fully shopped, but the translite is shot.

love this game!

#3188 5 years ago
Quoted from Sven-Bot:

Looking for Johnny Mnemonic translite. Does anyone manufacture a JM translite? I am a new JM owner, the game is fully shopped, but the translite is shot.
love this game!

Difficult translight to find in good condition .
GLWYS

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

This game is pretty hard.
Been playing it almost daily for 2 weeks and still haven't broke the top 5 yet (2.5B).

Rip that spinner!

#3190 5 years ago
Quoted from Sven-Bot:

love this game!

I have a used one. It's in OK condition. Please see the pictures of the translite below:

20180716_210101 (resized).jpg20180716_210101 (resized).jpg

20180716_210104 (resized).jpg20180716_210104 (resized).jpg

#3191 5 years ago

A bit of gameplay from my JM. A full strip of the PF has it playing really well.

#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

A bit of gameplay from my JM. A full strip of the PF has it playing really well.

Your flasher on the right slingshot doens't seem to be working

#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Your flasher on the right slingshot doens't seem to be working

Yeah I know, thanks. I pulled the flasher globe out a few days ago after replacing the flasher cover and forgot to put the globe back in. Looks like some sling GI is out also

#3194 5 years ago

Who is looking for JM ramp decals?

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I need a set!

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

i'll be in for a set also

#3197 5 years ago

If anyone wants their glove mech rebuilt - I've done about 6 already. PM me - Scott

1 week later
#3198 5 years ago

Anyone want some free old JM ramps?

C4DDDAD0-E039-418A-8C38-8A3148625774 (resized).jpegC4DDDAD0-E039-418A-8C38-8A3148625774 (resized).jpeg
#3199 5 years ago

Well I somehow solved my Matrix clear problem. In a related note, if anyone can take a pic of their knocker wiring, that would be great. The knocker took down the voltage on the game somehow.

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Well I somehow solved my Matrix clear problem. In a related note, if anyone can take a pic of their knocker wiring, that would be great. The knocker took down the voltage on the game somehow.

What? Weird, I’ll snap a pic tomorrow morn if no one else beats me to it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/64?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.