Topic Stats

• 3,062 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by cocomonkeh
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 812 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180710_104804806_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_143841634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_182916118 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_163715609 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_163719565 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180621_100956826 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180623_091801485 (resized).jpg
IMG_84510 (resized).JPG
IMG_8452 (resized).JPG
IMG_845 (resized).JPG
90B5D91F-8DF6-4BA3-927E-2446053657E5 (resized).png
66B3CC84-98C7-4A18-AFD8-4048691CA7C1 (resized).jpeg
B4A3B9F9-1F2F-4AC6-A191-AAC454AE433A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6710 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 12.21.41 AM (resized).png
E5741DBC-CDA0-4165-B7C6-7CB6B497240E (resized).jpeg

There are 3071 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 62.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I had the same issue after owning my JM for about a year I looked in the back of the hand mech, the screw drive that the hand rides on was a bit dry so I lubed it with some graphite dry lube and it's been A-OK since.

I'll try that. I haven't put any lube on the Y screw. Seems like it just ends up in the loop where it's impossible to clean! JM can build up an amazing amount of dirt everywhere.

#252 4 years ago

GAH I NEED LUBE!

#253 4 years ago

So I put the diverter in...play a game trying to get 3 balls locked so I can see it in action...Can't for the life of me get more than 1 locked...lol freaking pinball!

#254 4 years ago

Got my highest score yet today...9B. Still have no clue what I'm doing. It's also dark as f*#k. This game kicks my ass. Fastest loops Evah!

#255 4 years ago

Anyone ever looked in the back of the playfield where the diverters are and see if they wore into the pf? Any way to adjust them up some so they don't?

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone ever looked in the back of the playfield where the diverters are and see if they wore into the pf? Any way to adjust them up some so they don't?

Mine have some wear. But I've also got some wear on the drop into the glove kicker, so I figured when Cliffy comes up with some protectors maybe I'll bother messing with the diverters!

#257 4 years ago

Holy Sheeetzhu puppies! This thing is beating my skills into submission. Makes me feel like I cant play at all! LOVE IT!!!

Makes me want to blow all kinds of money into a restore. Sadly, cant find ramps or plastics but hey, it works and its FAST!

Tron sat right next to it feels MUCH slower in direct comparison. The condition of my JM ramps confirms this I think....lol.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Sorry if this is a spoiler but there is a cheat code that will make the first mode shot up the middle start powerdown when you start a new game (if you ever wanted to either practice the mode or see what's happening on the DMD while it's going on).
Before pressing Start for a new game you clear any codes with both flipper buttons at the same time. Then using Right and Left flipper buttons spell "ACE" with R, L, RRR, L, RRRRR, L as if you were entering initials after a high score but using Left flipper instead of the start button. You will hear an audio tone from the speakers that is confirmation you've entered it successfully. Now your first shot up the middle starts powerdown. If you don't want this "tainted" version to end up on your high scores be sure to shut the machine off before ending your game. Have fun.

I cannot get that powerdown trick to work...but in the rom there are random flipper combinations to do certain things...that is one of them listed.

pinhacks:
http://pinhacks.com/showthread.php?tid=36
54D3: 07 01 07 ; 7R + 1L + 1R + 1L + 7R + 1L, Call $55E4, Credits
54D6: 14 17 15 ; 20R + 1L + 23R + 1L + 21R + 1L, Call $588D, ?
54D9: 17 01 07 ; 23R + 1L + 1R + 1L + 7R + 1L, Call $59D9, ?
54DC: 01 02 03 ; 1R + 1L + 2R + 1L + 3R + 1L, Call $5A7A, ?
54DF: 0A 0F 0E ; 10R + 1L + 15R + 1L + 14R + 1L, Call $5892, Hi
54E2: 0C 05 13 ; 12R + 1L + 5R + 1L + 19R + 1L, Call $58EA, Hi
54E5: 14 0D 0B ; 20R + 1L + 13R + 1L + 11R + 1L, Call $5961, Contratulations
54E8: 09 0D 0C ; 9R + 1L + 13R + 1L + 12R + 1L, Call $59E1, ?
54EB: 01 03 05 ; 1R + 1L + 3R + 1L + 5R + 1L, Call $59F0, ? ----- power down mode with first middle shot
54EE: 04 01 14 ; 4R + 1L + 1R + 1L + 20R + 1L, Call $5A18, Time/Date

#259 4 years ago

ohhhhhhhhhhh i got it to work....miahahahhahaha

#260 4 years ago

This game can easily chew you up and spit you out, and it just makes it that much sweeter when you get it going! I have yet to find a pin that returns so many combo shots to the flippers as quickly, it can be blinding at times. To make the game even crazier I have the longer coil stops for my flippers so it's almost impossible to trap the ball (not a steep angle when holding the flipper up) and the slingshots are ridiculously sensitive. I've ordered the other stops to see if I like it better with more flipper travel.

Has anyone on here added spotlights near the flipper/sling area for better visibility? I'm debating on getting some and wanted to see examples beforehand. I might upgrade the LED's in the GI down there as well.

#261 4 years ago

I could say lwjp is almost as fast....maybe as fast.. And hard. But the snagger stops gameplay just like the hand.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

This game can easily chew you up and spit you out, and it just makes it that much sweeter when you get it going! I have yet to find a pin that returns so many combo shots to the flippers as quickly, it can be blinding at times. To make the game even crazier I have the longer coil stops for my flippers so it's almost impossible to trap the ball (not a steep angle when holding the flipper up) and the slingshots are ridiculously sensitive. I've ordered the other stops to see if I like it better with more flipper travel.
Has anyone on here added spotlights near the flipper/sling area for better visibility? I'm debating on getting some and wanted to see examples beforehand. I might upgrade the LED's in the GI down there as well.

Here's mine with a PB kit - included (6) spotlights, etc... ooops pinside pic UL'er is down. Will send up later.

#263 4 years ago

Are we lucky or what to be in this club??? I sold TZ, TSSP and STTNG but kept JM...

#264 4 years ago

Best lube for the hand motor assembly's?

graphite dry lube or lithium white or ?

Mine is being noisy randomly when moving, so I figured I'd lube her up.

#265 4 years ago

In used graphite dry lube because it won't attract more dust and dirt but with spray lube you have use a towel or plastic bag to keep it from over spraying the cab..it was a bit of a pain..next time I'll use a paste type grease.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Sorry if this is a spoiler but there is a cheat code that will make the first mode shot up the middle start powerdown when you start a new game (if you ever wanted to either practice the mode or see what's happening on the DMD while it's going on).
Before pressing Start for a new game you clear any codes with both flipper buttons at the same time. Then using Right and Left flipper buttons spell "ACE" with R, L, RRR, L, RRRRR, L as if you were entering initials after a high score but using Left flipper instead of the start button. You will hear an audio tone from the speakers that is confirmation you've entered it successfully. Now your first shot up the middle starts powerdown. If you don't want this "tainted" version to end up on your high scores be sure to shut the machine off before ending your game. Have fun.

Wow! This really works. I've had my JM for 2 years and I didn't know about this. Thanks for sharing.

I love Pinside.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

This is not as blue in real life but you can see the even coverage of light from the spotlights... this is in a pitch dark room.

Johnny1.JPG
#268 4 years ago

sorry bud, must be the beer I'm drinking, cant see any spot light, the PF is very well lit up in the dark, mine's pretty crap, no way can it be played in the dark,

#269 4 years ago

Looks good Manic and I am planning to add spot lights to my JM too. I did the same with my Shadow a few weeks ago as I like to play my games in the dark or my xmas rope lighting on. Do you have an extra light in the apron because the area by Reboot insert looks lit up.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

sorry bud, must be the beer I'm drinking, cant see any spot light, the PF is very well lit up in the dark, mine's pretty crap, no way can it be played in the dark,

There are two spots mounted on each of the slings.

Post edited by PeteM : Grammar

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yep both diverters on my game had worn into the pf pretty badly.
I used an extra flatwasher to give more clearance & no more damage to the pf.

#272 4 years ago

I've owned my JM since brand new in the box and have never seen the power down code or some of the others except the game team one. Of course the power down code will not work when the game is in tournament mode. She says "access denied"

#273 4 years ago

I want to join the club before I sell mine! Blackbeard enjoy your new Johnny!! I will miss it!!

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I want to join the club before I sell mine! Blackbeard enjoy your new Johnny!! I will miss it!!

Looking forward to her.

She'll be in good hands buddy!

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Yeah these came with the PinballBulbs kit - there are 2 double spots mounted on each sling and one more double spot up on the right ramp by the red matrix sign. I agree the pic kinda blows...

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Looks good Manic and I am planning to add spot lights to my JM too. I did the same with my Shadow a few weeks ago as I like to play my games in the dark or my xmas rope lighting on. Do you have an extra light in the apron because the area by Reboot insert looks lit up.

Yeah there is a small led light strip installed on the trough facing the flippers - that's probably my fav effect for games and it makes sense as it helps to see what's happening down there There's also a larger one in purple on the rear of the PF.

I have to finish my Shadow too... did you get the alternate translite/speaker panel that has been available just recently?

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I have to finish my Shadow too... did you get the alternate translite/speaker panel that has been available just recently?

Yes I did and it really suits the game! Aurich did an amazing job and nice how the flashers are lined up pretty good with his new artwork.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Yes I did and it really suits the game! Aurich did an amazing job and nice how the flashers are lined up pretty good with his new artwork.

It really is nice... and the streetlight on the bottom left is dead on top of a light socket - pretty convenient!

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I see the double spots on the slings...but is there something more in the middle playfield? That's brighter too.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah these came with the PinballBulbs kit - there are 2 double spots mounted on each sling and one more double spot up on the right ramp by the red matrix sign. I agree the pic kinda blows...

Yep, see now, had my beer goggles on last night, Again looks great

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I see the double spots on the slings...but is there something more in the middle playfield? That's brighter too.

Yeah there is another double spot on the middle of the right ramp return pointing toward the center... I was going to put another blue led strip under the horizontal middle ramp area but it created too many reflections off the PF.
Gotta quit sometime...

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah there is another double spot on the middle of the right ramp return pointing toward the center... I was going to put another blue led strip under the horizontal middle ramp area but it created too many reflections off the PF.
Gotta quit sometime...

So what actual strips are you using? Just flips and back panel? And both purple?

#283 4 years ago

Manic your machine looks fantastic! The stock lighting is so dark if it's the only pin running in an unlit room. Is there something in front of your spinner next to the right ramp entry?

Right now I'm spending on parts to rebuild my machines so they're 100% working... my next order will include spotlights and led strips now thanks to your inspiration

#284 4 years ago

So what actual strips are you using? Just flips and back panel? And both purple?

Yes it has a larger purple strip in the back and the smaller flipper strip is in white... makes it stand out as all the spots have purple lights in them. Purple is a nice color as it lights up the PF but the colors still show through... I tried red and blue but both of these simply overpower the PF colors.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Manic your machine looks fantastic! The stock lighting is so dark if it's the only pin running in an unlit room. Is there something in front of your spinner next to the right ramp entry?
Right now I'm spending on parts to rebuild my machines so they're 100% working... my next order will include spotlights and led strips now thanks to your inspiration

You guys have been so positive and I'd love to take credit for this but it is all included in the PinballBulbs.com kit.
The kit has the purple strip for the back, white in the front and (6) spotlights. I changed some of the GI bulbs to make it look a tad different but getting this kit makes it easy.

They have a sale right now too where it is 25% off... heck I should get some free bulbs for this

Their bulbs are great too - you can simply pop off the frosted cover if you need a "superbright" in a certain location.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yes it has a larger purple strip in the back and the smaller flipper strip is in white... makes it stand out as all the spots have purple lights in them. Purple is a nice color as it lights up the PF but the colors still show through... I tried red and blue but both of these simply overpower the PF colors.

And the white between the flippers doesn't wash out too much? Provide too much white as opposed to the purple glow?

Did you make a special request for the flipper strip in white? I thought those were only offered in purple?

Also, when popping off the cover...does that negatively impact the light throw (for GI?). When does a "non capped" super ever make more sense than a frosted? And are these supers as bright as the Cointaker ultras"?

#287 4 years ago

And the white between the flippers doesn't wash out too much? Provide too much white as opposed to the purple glow?
Did you make a special request for the flipper strip in white? I thought those were only offered in purple?
Also, when popping off the cover...does that negatively impact the light throw (for GI?). When does a "non capped" super ever make more sense than a frosted? And are these supers as bright as the Cointaker ultras"?

The white for the flippers is standard for the JM kit. I like it a lot - I have a purple flipper setup on NF. It doesn't wash out the area too much and kind of gives it a "heavenly glow" against the purple...

It makes sense to pop off the frosted covers when you use them in spots or under the PF for a large insert. It actually seems to allow more of a flood-like throw - especially in the spotlights. They do also have clear-capped versions that are nice as they are brighter than the frosted but won't bother the eye if seen from the side, etc... I sometimes (on NF) found the uncapped "supers" to be a little too bright with some inserts so I actually glued the caps back on a couple
So you can try different options this way.

The red plastics on the right side of JM have red clear capped led's and the right ramp has a couple of uncapped blues under it - you can see the decal lit a little more brightly than the all frosted blue's on the left ramp.

#288 4 years ago

Finally got my machine in, but I was looking it over and I had a few issues that hopefully someone can answer.

The Disc Spinner does not return to a verticle position after being spun, sitting at an agnle that looks like the pinball has been simply smashing into rather than spinning.

Also the adjustable post on the left outlane is missing, but cannot find a part number. Is this part http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2745 an acceptable replacement?

As a side note, I ended up with a metal diverter and no longer need the 3-D printed one. If there is anyone else who needed one and did not get a chance to buy one of the pinted ones, pm me.

#289 4 years ago

I tweaked the spinning disc wire so it stops in the vertical position,

#290 4 years ago

I'm in!

Picked her up tonight from kporter. Thanks buddy.
Now someone tell me how to set midnight madness to 12am. It's set to 9 pm I believe.

image-126.jpg image-50.jpg
#292 4 years ago

I didn't update the clock for daylight savings time so last weekend my brother was playing and at 11:00pm Midnight Madness started on him he got a little freaked out

#293 4 years ago

Yeah my close was set a bit off. Corrected.

Fast pin

#294 4 years ago

If you look at the JM flyer, the game has black flippers:

jmflyer.jpg

So I put some on my game yesterday, along with some blue SuperBands. I like the look:

jmflippers.jpg

#295 4 years ago

I put black flippers/red rubbers on mine as my "mod" just because I thought it looked cool on the flyer. It looks just as cool in person.

#296 4 years ago

I got red, blue, black and white SuperBands because I couldn't decide which I'd like best. Thought the blue looked cool and provided a bit of contrast against the red.

#297 4 years ago

I'm going to go with silver flippers and black rubber (Super Bands).

#298 4 years ago

I have silver flippers on my game (came with)...not a huge fan. I'll probably go black n red.

#299 4 years ago

Has anyone done led blue/red buttons on the machine?

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone done led blue/red buttons on the machine?

Yep. I have them on mine....

JM lit flipper buttonsl.jpg
JMbuttons L.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Piscataway Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 219.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 3071 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside