20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 89.
#2901 6 years ago

Can one put LEDs in crazy bobs and the pops? Are they just the 555s? Is that a bad move?

#2902 6 years ago

New to the club. Crazy fun game

E0CB7199-C583-4DEB-BE77-305D4172A4F1 (resized).jpegE0CB7199-C583-4DEB-BE77-305D4172A4F1 (resized).jpeg

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

New to the club. Crazy fun game

Beautiful!

#2904 6 years ago

Hi, I recently purchased my first machine and extremely happy to join the JM Owners Club. It was a Christmas present for the family and was stored at my friends house for about a month During that time it worked flawlessly. It is now at my house and I am, like many others have at one point or another, experiencing hand related issues. It started with the awful noise coming from the X-axis. After changing out the X-nut I was excited to give it a go, unfortunately the noise was still present. I assume it is the gearbox although I did find 2 bad areas on the screw itself. I consider myself mechanically inclined and actually looked forward to cleaning up the gearboxes and if necessary changing the X-screw. But now I am having issues that baffle me....no fear of mechanical items but intimidated by electrical. I can test and solder but the thought of reflowing a board is scary. I have read every post I can find (there are a ton) but am looking for advice on where to start. Some background on the issues:

Self test passes
Home test seems to work as the hand goes to the home position

If I run the home test multiple times back to back I get some movement (max of 7) mainly in the X, is this normal?
Also in the home test screen there are 4 points of data X and Y home and X and Y position. Each of these has the "check boxes next to them"...when I ran the test multiple times in a row the X-home box never was checked and the X position had 3 different results for 3 tests, no boxes checked, one box checked and both boxes checked. Any idea what this means? I tested the X switch and it appears to work as expected.

When I move to manual flipper motion the hand moves in all directions...other than a noisy X, this appears to function normal.

The auto-run test is strange to me. Ball one is caught, the hand moves out and towards the matrix, but drops the ball on the playfield near the front corner of the matrix. Is this normal? After dropping the ball it returns home. The 2nd ball is caught and the glove moves only in the y direction dropping the ball on the playfield. The hand does not reset, but does catch the 3rd ball and once again moves straight out dropping the ball on the playfield. It once again does not reset but catches the 4th ball moves out in Y and drops it. It misses the next ball because it is too far out in the Y direction.

When I play the game starts off thinking the hand is functional. The first ball that is captured the hand starts to move fine then gets slow and the hand stops working.

Testing or resetting the factory presets seems to wake it back up for a brief period.

Other points:

During testing I once got a message that said cooling which would not allow me to do anything. I have not been able to find any information on this.
I have blown the F111 fuse now twice

I was hoping the mechanical maintenance would resolve my issues but am no longer confident. I don't want to pull it apart and not have it work when it goes back together. I am looking for advice on what electrical items I should check and possibly how to go about checking them. Even if I could narrow it down to a board or switch I would be happy.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

#2905 6 years ago

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing under-the-playfield ball through? Well, I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits to any B/W game.

IMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpgIMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 10.00.07 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 10.00.07 (resized).jpeg

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing under-the-playfield ball through? Well, I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits to any B/W game.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=449&zenid=6662b066c8233392366cb4abd8216342

#2907 6 years ago

Are you following me pinrob? Or are you on a personal crusade? Maybe you're just plain jeaulos? Well, mine was way cheaper!

2 weeks later
#2908 6 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I have a different question that I've been meaning to ask. How many times does it take to get to powerdown to replace the 4 factory set scores that come up for cyber punks? I've gotten to powerdown 22 times so it says my intials 22 times and then the other 4 factory scores for a total of 26 scores.

So to answer my own question and for anyone else that actually cared lol there's a total of 30 initials that can be put up for being a Cyberpunk and getting to Powerdown. I currently got to Powerdown 28 times and it shows 30 Cyberpunks and only 2 aren't mine.

#2909 6 years ago

So to answer my own question and for anyone else that actually cared lol there's a total of 30 initials that can be put up for being a Cyberpunk and getting to Powerdown. I currently got to Powerdown 28 times and it shows 30 Cyberpunks and only 2 aren't mine.

Man, I still haven't got to Cyberpunk...

#2910 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man, I still haven't got to Cyberpunk...

I am by no means a good pinball player. It would be generous by calling me a fair player even. I don't get to Powerdown all the time (maybe 1 every 10 games) But I do have strategy for getting to Powerdown that may help.

First I go into a game wanting to get Powerdown I don't try for the high score. Next try stacking extra balls from the matrix, video mode, throwing stars and maxing the Bonuses. I'll even get the ball to the glove and instead of going to the matrix I'll drop it back to the pop bumpers till I max the bonuses. I'll also sometimes drop the ball from the glove back into the hole if the Mode light is lite and it will start one of the 5 modes. Once I get the extra ball loop lite with a few extra balls I'll try getting one of the multi balls going either the throwing star one or the 3 balls in the matrix. I find that left orbit shot is very risky to go for and for me I usually hit a post and it'll go right down the middle. If I'm playing multi ball it's easier to go for the extra ball loop.

The 3 matrix spots I go for is Extra ball, Video Mode and 50 Gigabytes. I ignore going for 3 in a row cause points aren't the mission right now Powerdown is. If I get yakuza strike or frenzy I try playing it safe. Easy Ramp shots or getting the ball to the pop bumpers via the glove if I didn't get that extra ball yet. Both those modes just slow you down from progressing to Powerdown. With the 5 regular modes I try my best to complete each one except for Download mode (the one with the dolphin) since that left loop shot is tough for me. I usually can complete one of the 5 so that extra 50 gigabytes from the matrix helps me get to 300.

Lastly the left Ramp can easily be hit with the left flipper which makes the throwing star bonuses easier to get. And when the ball comes down the left loop I do nothing and let it hit the flippers. I feel I can control the ball better that way.

This is just my strategy better players wouldn't need to stack the extra balls like me. Hope some of this helps.

#2911 6 years ago

I am by no means a good pinball player. It would be generous by calling me a fair player even. I don't get to Powerdown all the time (maybe 1 every 10 games) But I do have strategy for getting to Powerdown that may help.
First I go into a game wanting to get Powerdown I don't try for the high score. Next try stacking extra balls from the matrix, video mode, throwing stars and maxing the Bonuses. I'll even get the ball to the glove and instead of going to the matrix I'll drop it back to the pop bumpers till I max the bonuses. I'll also sometimes drop the ball from the glove back into the hole if the Mode light is lite and it will start one of the 5 modes. Once I get the extra ball loop lite with a few extra balls I'll try getting one of the multi balls going either the throwing star one or the 3 balls in the matrix. I find that left orbit shot is very risky to go for and for me I usually hit a post and it'll go right down the middle. If I'm playing multi ball it's easier to go for the extra ball loop.
The 3 matrix spots I go for is Extra ball, Video Mode and 50 Gigabytes. I ignore going for 3 in a row cause points aren't the mission right now Powerdown is. If I get yakuza strike or frenzy I try playing it safe. Easy Ramp shots or getting the ball to the pop bumpers via the glove if I didn't get that extra ball yet. Both those modes just slow you down from progressing to Powerdown. With the 5 regular modes I try my best to complete each one except for Download mode (the one with the dolphin) since that left loop shot is tough for me. I usually can complete one of the 5 so that extra 50 gigabytes from the matrix helps me get to 300.
Lastly the left Ramp can easily be hit with the left flipper which makes the throwing star bonuses easier to get. And when the ball comes down the left loop I do nothing and let it hit the flippers. I feel I can control the ball better that way.
This is just my strategy better players wouldn't need to stack the extra balls like me. Hope some of this helps.

Got you! I really need to take some time to get more familiar with Johnny's rules and practice to be a better player!

#2912 6 years ago

My Johnny issue is this...when the ball goes to the hand the flippers are not supposed to engage with the flipper buttons...but all the sudden they do. Is there something that I can do to fix this? Thanks

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

My Johnny issue is this...when the ball goes to the hand the flippers are not supposed to engage with the flipper buttons...but all the sudden they do. Is there something that I can do to fix this? Thanks

I believe your ball in hand switch is not registering.

#2914 6 years ago

I wondered if that could be the deal because I just had replaced it and I am struggling to dial it in. Many times when I turn it on it says it is stuck closed but now it seems it is not closing at all when ball is in hand. I will adjust...again...but if people operate the game without that switch even in it, wouldn’t that cause that issue for them? Thanks a lot for your help

#2915 6 years ago

Super happy with this Machine. Picked up this beauty this week and it's been on my radar for awhile.

IMG_20180122_222056 (resized).jpgIMG_20180122_222056 (resized).jpg

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

Super happy with this Machine. Picked up this beauty this week and it's been on my radar for awhile.

Beautiful! Are all plastics intact?

1 week later
#2917 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beautiful! Are all plastics intact?

Yeah this machine is in great shape. Just need to put some Titan rings on and some cliffy's. And it will be perfect.

#2918 6 years ago

If I get a good offer, I can sell some of my "A" titles, but Johnny will never leave the house!!!!

IMG_20180202_200247 (resized).jpgIMG_20180202_200247 (resized).jpg

#2919 6 years ago

Dust cover todayCC187D4B-D270-42AF-9AF4-5966DD090D17 (resized).jpegCC187D4B-D270-42AF-9AF4-5966DD090D17 (resized).jpeg

#2920 6 years ago

Kudos for originality

Been done before (and BETTER).

Btw, that baywatch towel is plain boring!

#2921 6 years ago

Dose any one have video of the color DMD for Johnny Mnemonic. If so can you post it. The only one I could find on YouTube isn't a real color DMD. Thanks

#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

Dose any one have video of the color DMD for Johnny Mnemonic. If so can you post it. The only one I could find on YouTube isn't a real color DMD. Thanks

Dude, just go for it! It's f***ing awesome!

#2923 6 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

Pinsider NPO had a video up but it is not available anymore, don’t know what’s up with that. But I have a ColorDMD in mine and it’s better than the orange plasma for sure but I’m not going to steer you wrong and say it’s amazing. It’s Good, not Great.

#2924 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Pinsider NPO had a video up but it is not available anymore, don’t know what’s up with that. But I have a ColorDMD in mine and it’s better than the orange plasma for sure but I’m not going to steer you wrong and say it’s amazing. It’s Good, not Great.

I have ColorDMDs for all my games that support it. JM's only downside is its lack of animations. It's not ColorDMDs fault just the majority of the time it's the score and one of the 15 pictures. Leaps and bounds better than all orange though. The ball lock screen and when J-bone is talking look amazing but they didn't color the Mortal Kombat codes screen unfortunately.

#2925 6 years ago

I have ColorDMDs for all my games that support it.

Cool, me too!

The ball lock screen and when J-bone is talking look amazing but they didn't color the Mortal Kombat codes screen unfortunately.

Extra-ball, Jones and Captain Fantastic animations are also amazing in color! I couldn't care less about the mk3 blue screen...

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Cool, me too!

Extra-ball, Jones and Captain Fantastic animations are also amazing in color! I couldn't care less about the mk3 blue screen...

Yup you're right. The MK3 screen is my only complaint and yes it's very small complaint. As a whole the colorDMD for JM is a win.

Come to think about it I've never seen any MK3 codes come up on the machine just the screen that comes up and says to look for them. Anyone ever see them? Or maybe they're hidden someway. (Most likely they're just not there lol)

1 week later
#2927 6 years ago

I have a problem with the hand. Sometimes when moving the hand to the matrix pushing down both the right buttons (moving the hand to the right and down att the same time) the hand drops the ball. It doesn't drop the ball if you only push one button at a time (for example first move the hand to the right then move the hand down). Does anyone have a clue what the problem is or where I should start to troubleshoot the problem?

#2928 6 years ago

I´m working in some custom Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball cards for print them in chrome vynil.

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

#2929 6 years ago

Joined the club today. Fun game, looking forward to putting some time on it. Anyone know a source for slingshot plastics? Particularly the right one, but I'll take a set if anyone knows where I can get them?

#2930 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Joined the club today. Fun game, looking forward to putting some time on it. Anyone know a source for slingshot plastics? Particularly the right one, but I'll take a set if anyone knows where I can get them?

AlexSMendes knows a "guy"

#2931 6 years ago

alexsmendes knows a "guy"

Hah, the russian plastics re-pro guy? I'll PM him, thanks!

#2932 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Hah, the russian plastics re-pro guy? I'll PM him, thanks!

ob_8725d4_ob-3616a7-223046vladimir (resized).jpgob_8725d4_ob-3616a7-223046vladimir (resized).jpg

#2933 6 years ago

Yes Johnny, I told you more than once, you look awesome in colors!

IMG_20180223_205608 (resized).jpgIMG_20180223_205608 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180223_205048 (resized).jpgIMG_20180223_205048 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180223_205359 (resized).jpgIMG_20180223_205359 (resized).jpg

#2934 6 years ago

And here, the other card:

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpg

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#2935 6 years ago

Just got one of these yesterday and the hand mech kind of squeals as it goes. Is this normal?

#2937 6 years ago

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules print1.JPGJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules print1.JPG

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules print2.JPGJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules print2.JPG

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules print3.JPGJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Rules print3.JPG

#2938 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Just got one of these yesterday and the hand mech kind of squeals as it goes. Is this normal?

You prob need a new "X" or "Y" nut. Does it squeal all the time?

#2939 6 years ago

Yep! I ordered new X and Y nuts.

Anyone have any good suggestions for LED layouts? I don't usually use kits for my machines but I'm thinking about it this time to save some brain power.

Or without a kit, which ones do you recommend? Cointaker? Comet? Pinball Life?

I have a bunch of LEDs from old purchases but I think I need to go brighter on some of my machines. Would love to see what Johnny owners recommend!

#2940 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Yep! I ordered new X and Y nuts.
Anyone have any good suggestions for LED layouts? I don't usually use kits for my machines but I'm thinking about it this time to save some brain power.
Or without a kit, which ones do you recommend? Cointaker? Comet? Pinball Life?
I have a bunch of LEDs from old purchases but I think I need to go brighter on some of my machines. Would love to see what Johnny owners recommend!

I used PinballBulbs ultimate kit. I then added some cyan leds from comet pinball for some inserts and some general illumination (PinballBulbs supplied leds were green)

https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

46814B4A-7A75-4DA7-94A6-9E7423A17887 (resized).jpeg46814B4A-7A75-4DA7-94A6-9E7423A17887 (resized).jpeg

#2941 6 years ago

Also, how hard is it to find the alternate translite?

#2942 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Also, how hard is it to find the alternate translite?

agodfrey

#2943 6 years ago

On my machine behind the hand motor, there are two 2 pin connectors. One of them has broken, but it doesn’t seem to affect anything that I can tell. Does anyone know what this connector might be for?

C192D59E-74CA-404F-96B5-D0EF19E721F2 (resized).jpegC192D59E-74CA-404F-96B5-D0EF19E721F2 (resized).jpeg

7B8FD47E-6900-4FF3-896B-BFC42BBB1478 (resized).jpeg7B8FD47E-6900-4FF3-896B-BFC42BBB1478 (resized).jpeg

#2944 6 years ago

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - crew print1.JPGJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - crew print1.JPG

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - crew print2.JPGJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - crew print2.JPG

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - crew print3.JPGJohnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Card - crew print3.JPG

Regards

#2945 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

On my machine behind the hand motor, there are two 2 pin connectors. One of them has broken, but it doesn’t seem to affect anything that I can tell. Does anyone know what this connector might be for?

Gonna take a guess and say it's for the ball in hand switch. Some machines have the switch completely removed and it works fine but you get a credit dot. Do you have a credit dot being displayed?

#2946 6 years ago

Gonna take a guess and say it's for the ball in hand switch. Some machines have the switch completely removed and it works fine but you get a credit dot. Do you have a credit dot being displayed?

Yep we do. We're going to rebuild the connector anyways, but it seemed weird that everything seemed to work without it.

Also have a problem with the ball getting stuck between the left slingshot and post, right above where the ramp comes down. Guess is that the rubber the previous owner used is too large on the slingshot. We're gonna strip the whole thing down and clean it up anyways, so this'll probably resolve itself.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#2947 6 years ago

What would y’all like to see in an alt?

#2948 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

the glove seen from the movie! its all about the glove!

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).

"Johnny Mnemonic Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).

Those are sweet! I would like a set.

Also, are those custom blue speaker panels available from anywhere?

Regards

#2950 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I'm trying to convince myself the original is fine.. then i read "meet the ultimate hard drive" and wonder WTF they were thinking when designing this!?! How much is an alt translite worth?! Dont think I've seen them for sale..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/59?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.