20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 89.
#2851 6 years ago

Does anyone has a good picture of the switch row/column connectors on the MPU board? I am having issue with the up/down hand movement button not being recognized...

#2852 6 years ago

So I had a glove noise issue last weekend and decided it was time to rebuild the entire glove assembly. First I must say it really is a big undertaking and you must be sure to document ALL your steps when disassembling it (pictures/notes). I labeled the connectors and followed much of this http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=1615. I noticed my X and Y nuts were not really that bad but did put on a new Y nut though it wasn't really needed. But when I took apart the two gearboxes they were in need of a full cleaning and new grease (I used Super Lube synthetic grease with PTFE). I also used Super Lube on the X and Y rods. After all was reassembled it was telling me Y home switch wasn't working and Y axis was had no progress. So the Y home switch was not springing back up to open all the time so I ordered a new one. Then the "Y no progress" was a result of the dual relay motor driver board not working correctly anymore. It looked as though previous owners had reflowed the solder on it before and so did I but I ended up buying a new one. That got it running perfect again and I must say you can barely hear the glove move on the Y axis and the X axis is very quiet too but not as quiet as the Y axis. It's also faster when moving on the X and Y axis. I also ordered a set of Great Lakes Modular 5 position encoder boards that are better than the original encoder boards though I did not have to. I found this thread helpful when figuring out the Y axis problems I had after rebuilding of the glove mech (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-glove-problems) as I suspected the dual relay motor driver board was causing the "Y axis no progress" error. Now many hours later it's finally back to playing like new or even better. IMG_0273 (resized).JPGIMG_0273 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (resized).JPG

#2853 6 years ago

Can a "modder" make some cool decals for these 4 metal plaques?

IMG_20170928_182148 (resized).jpgIMG_20170928_182148 (resized).jpg

#2854 6 years ago

Just got my Johnny Mnemonic on Saturday! Fun game so far. I had to replace the x hand motor along with the x nut. The drop target switch arm was in the wrong spot so I moved it. The only issues i am seeing with it now are, (and if any of yo could help me, that would be awesome) the left diverter isn't moving at all. I'm assuming it's a fuse and I've read the manual but can't find the fuse for it. Also one of my buttons is sticking in the Matrix. Last, it doesn't happen often but the ball will drain or be put into the matrix and the game loses the ball. It has to do a ball search. I cleaned the connections to the opto boards with connection cleaner. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I usually have to shake the game pretty good for it to realize where the ball is at. Any help would be much appreciated!

20171004_202702 (resized).jpg20171004_202702 (resized).jpg

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does someone know why JM's spinner makes no sound at all?

Friendly bump!

#2856 6 years ago

Tell us more.
Is the switch when you turn the spinner with your hand working in Switch test?
Have you tried to press the switch on the side of the spinner with your hand?

#2857 6 years ago

Hey everyone!
I just got a JM about a week ago. It came with blue powder coating and in really great shape. I added LEDs throughout, clear bands, colordmd, speaker lights, colored posts. It looks amazing. I'll post a picture later tonight.
While I was shopping it out, I was replacing an old band with a clear band and I cracked the plastic!!! It was literally the last clear band and than I was done.
Anyway, does anyone out ther have this plastic laying around?
I will pay! And I'll pay for shipping with my fedex account.
Ugh! I can't believe I cracked the plastic. There's none on line I can't find.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2858 6 years ago

See post #2722 ~ 7 months ago. I might have a spare kicking around but you'll have to give me sometime to dig it out of storage. You might be better off finding a NOS, mine are re-creations.

freddy is the one I sent you still holding up? Curious if graphic stayed on.

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

See post #2722 ~ 7 months ago. I might have a spare kicking around but you'll have to give me sometime to dig it out of storage. You might be better off finding a NOS, mine are re-creations.
freddy is the one I sent you still holding up? Curious if graphic stayed on.

perfectly!

#2860 6 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Tell us more.
Is the switch when you turn the spinner with your hand working in Switch test?
Have you tried to press the switch on the side of the spinner with your hand?

huh, well.... my spinner works fine, always did... I'm guessing not only my spinner makes no sound, but ALL of them.... am I wrong? If so, Houston, we got a problem....

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Anyway, does anyone out ther have this plastic laying around?
...There's none on line I can't find.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/42#post-2711710

1 week later
#2862 6 years ago

So....tonight I turn on the JM and started playing. The ball started to drain in the left outlane and then stop and I noticed something was on the play field stopping the ball. Is this part of the hand assy. ? I was looking in the manual and saw something that looked like this but that hand drawing drives me crazy. No labeling. Anyone know what this is and anyone have the drawing with the item numbers on it? BTW....game seemed OK. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5232 (resized).JPGIMG_5232 (resized).JPG

#2863 6 years ago

I don't think so. I've completely redone the hand and took the whole play field down to shop it. I don't remember that piece. Extra parts yay!
( The part that looks similar is probably the two sets of fingers that interlock to turn the x-axis you can see it if you slide your play fill out I think it's by the motor )

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

I don't think so. I've completely redone the hand and took the whole play field down to shop it. I don't remember that piece. Extra parts yay!
( The part that looks similar is probably the two sets of fingers that interlock to turn the x-axis you can see it if you slide your play fill out I think it's by the motor )

Yeah....I took part of the hand apart just to see the piece I thought might be it...not it! Crazy. I don't know. Oh well....Thanks for the post.

#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

So....tonight I turn on the JM and started playing. The ball started to drain in the left outlane and then stop and I noticed something was on the play field stopping the ball. Is this part of the hand assy. ? I was looking in the manual and saw something that looked like this but that hand drawing drives me crazy. No labeling. Anyone know what this is and anyone have the drawing with the item numbers on it? BTW....game seemed OK. Thanks in advance.

I have done a full restore and that piece does not belong to JM. Someone might have dropped it in there...or...who knows. Throw it in the coin box.

#2866 6 years ago

Any one has a set of pictures from a total teardown ?

1 week later
#2867 6 years ago

I joined the club about a month ago. I have owned a lot of “B” titles throughout my collecting days, but I truly think this is the best bang for your buck. Love the game. Also, my son was playing and said man Dad the glove is loud. So, I completely removed the assembly, cleaned and re-greased both motors and replaced both X and Y nuts. It was quite a project but I took my time and man was it worth it. Glove glides around with zero noise. I highly recommend rebuilding the glove and absolutely recommend this pin to anyone.

#2868 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I joined the club about a month ago. I have owned a lot of “B” titles throughout my collecting days, but I truly think this is the best bang for your buck. Love the game. Also, my son was playing and said man Dad the glove is loud. So, I completely removed the assembly, cleaned and re-greased both motors and replaced both X and Y nuts. It was quite a project but I took my time and man was it worth it. Glove glides around with zero noise. I highly recommend rebuilding the glove and absolutely recommend this pin to anyone.

"B" title? I'd let go a few "A" titles from my collection before JM (which I guess will never leave my collection)!

#2869 6 years ago

I picked a JM up a couple of months ago, and man.. I love it. It's super fast with some killer flow and the Power Down wizard mode is very cool. I just wish someone would make replacement plastics as my machine has several that are cracked or broken. I mounted Pinbits plastic protectors under all of them to save what was left, and hopefully protect new plastics in the future, should anybody make them.

#2870 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just wish someone would make replacement plastics as my machine has several that are cracked or broken. I mounted Pinbits plastic protectors under all of them to save what was left, and hopefully protect new plastics in the future, should anybody make them.

#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

"B" title? I'd let go a few "A" titles from my collection before JM (which I guess will never leave my collection)!

Yep. B title. They can still be scored locally for $2500.
Absolutley love the game and agree that it flows better than some A titles.
Has anyone thrown in pinsound to this pin? I have an extra pinsound board and was wondering what the verdict was?

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I need to get some of those decals.

the new decals make this machine sparkle. definitely clean look and so colorful!

#2873 6 years ago

bought my refurbished JM in may of this year. I love this game. my buddy cosmokramer refurbished the whole thing; refinished cab, new decals, shopped and all led. it turned out looking NEW! the backglass color leds make it sparkle; the colors really shine!

I love this game so much, I will never sell it. I am glad to join the club here!

#2874 6 years ago

I bought my first pin (a #JM) about a month ago and I'm super happy with it. So far, I rebuilt the pop bumpers, replaced the Y nut, put in proper coin mech and coin return lights, fixed the spinner positioning. Plays great.

Only thing difficult to fix is the faded red to yellow decals. Any ideas on getting those?

IMG_1118 (resized).JPGIMG_1118 (resized).JPG

IMG_1119 (resized).JPGIMG_1119 (resized).JPG

#2875 6 years ago
Quoted from smaf:

I bought my first pin (a #JM) about a month ago and I'm super happy with it. So far, I rebuilt the pop bumpers, replaced the Y nut, put in proper coin mech and coin return lights, fixed the spinner positioning. Plays great.
Only thing difficult to fix is the faded red to yellow decals. Any ideas on getting those?

Try RetroRefurbs.

1 week later
#2876 6 years ago

Noob alert! Just got a Johnny Mnemonic... my first pin and could cry tears of joy. It is operating at about 80% and will someday be 100%. I fixed a few switch issues with help from this amazing forum. Bless you fine people for helping us noobs!

MY PROBLEM: i fixed the spuratic ball diverted issue but now it doesn’t open at plunge unless i hit the left button. So if i plunge without hitting the left button will miss the skill shot and just go around the orbit. I bet it is a relatively easy fix with your help!

Thanks in advance

#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from bcroel:

MY PROBLEM: i fixed the spuratic ball diverted issue but now it doesn’t open at plunge unless i hit the left button. So if i plunge without hitting the left button will miss the skill shot and just go around the orbit. I bet it is a relatively easy fix with your help!

Doesn't open unless you hit the left flipper button? What about the right flipper button?

I've had dirty coil sleeves in the past prevent something like that from fully working until the vibration from activating the flippers was just enough to get it to budge and move...

Could this possibly be your problem?

#2878 6 years ago

I appreciate the reply...the only reason i think maybe not is because if i just nudge it anywhere on the cab it should do the same thing, right?

By any chance is it supposed to be like that? Do you have the option at launch to open it and go for the skill shot or keep it closed and go for the orbit/combo?

#2879 6 years ago

But to answer your question (sorry) no, the right flipper does not open it...

#2880 6 years ago

Anyone ever have a problem with the Fuse List for JM?
I have one, but it doesn't seem to be right. I just had all my high power solenoids go out during a game. Ball was in the hand and dropped, wouldn't come out of the VUK. Then I noticed all Solenoids 1- 7 (Trough, Autoplunger, Ball Popper VUK, Clear Matrix, Magnet and Knocker) were out. I took out fuse F106 5A which is listed for Solenoids 1 - 8, it tested good, I replaced it..didn't solve the problem. Noticed Fuse F104 (List as Solenoids 25-28 Flashers 3A) wasn't testing right in the board. Took it out, didn't test good, flashers still worked with it out, replaced it and now all is good.

So the confusing part is the fuse chart I have in my machine is not correct. Just wondering if others have seen this and if they have the right info.

Thanks

JMFuses (resized).JPGJMFuses (resized).JPG

#2881 6 years ago

Hey guys! Not dead yet. Just popped in the thread to say hi. Any Ohio people who need help let me know. Happy to help in person. Don't get on pinside often anymore so pm me if you need something

I still have some more mod ideas for JM. No time though. Hopefully this winter. Love it. Ok over and out!

1 week later
#2882 6 years ago

Yes Johnny, you deserve a colordmd!

IMG_20171130_194110 (resized).jpgIMG_20171130_194110 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171130_194528 (resized).jpgIMG_20171130_194528 (resized).jpg

#2883 6 years ago

Thought you guys might be interested in some slow motion video I took of some JM mechanisms. I posted them over in my slow mo thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slow-motion-pinball-footage#post-3991140

1 week later
#2884 6 years ago

Joining the club later this week! Any topper options out there?

#2890 6 years ago

Just got my Johnny cleaned and shopped. I bought it from a guy and it was neglected. She’s about 99.9% prefect but one switch needs to be replaced...the one that opens the diverter to the jet lanes upon plunge...it only opens maybe 50% of the time but will open every time if i push left flipper...is that weird? Could the ball be missing it...shot over it perhaps? I have adjusted it to no avail.

The only other thing that happens: when i got it the hand squawked like it was from hell. I rebuilt it per the blondehack, which is awesome, and it is noice...most of the time. Once in a great while it will squawk to remind me i am just a hobbiest and to quit bragging to my wife that I CAN FIX ANYTHING! The squawk is brief and not quite to the level it was but i hate it. I took it apart again and greased the gears a bit more fearing i undergreased due to fears of overgreasing...breath. I’ve cleaned and greased the x screw in game best i could a couple times as it was an afterthought. Any thoughts on either of these issues?

#2891 6 years ago

Alex, that color MD looks awesome...now I have to have one! Thanks a lot!

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

Alex, that color MD looks awesome...now I have to have one! Thanks a lot!

Thanks bro! I think every JM should have a color DMD, new cabinet decals, @agodfrey's alt translite, and a new plastic set!

#2893 6 years ago

Son-of-a!

#2896 6 years ago

Hey thanks for the reply! I did that too...what about the actual x screw rod that the nut rides on? Can that go bad? I see tou can by them on marco too $60 tho so i hate to just do it for fun

#2897 6 years ago

Help! Last question...can I put these in my Johnny?

0DAC4ABC-92A2-47A6-9EEC-F389D05C124F (resized).jpeg0DAC4ABC-92A2-47A6-9EEC-F389D05C124F (resized).jpeg

#2898 6 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

Help! Last question...can I put these in my Johnny?

I think you will need a spacer ring for the back box speakers and the cab woofer is 8ohms but people have said that it will still work. Also many recommend rewiring the backbox speakers wires correctly before hooking them up. A little searching on here will provide a bunch of information on DIY speakers setups.

#2899 6 years ago

Experimenting some close-up pics! This game is beautiful, and it's time to clean the pf and the ramps again....

IMG_20171218_194610 (resized).jpgIMG_20171218_194610 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171218_194550 (resized).jpgIMG_20171218_194550 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171218_194621 (resized).jpgIMG_20171218_194621 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171218_194454 (resized).jpgIMG_20171218_194454 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171218_194502 (resized).jpgIMG_20171218_194502 (resized).jpg

#2900 6 years ago

I was just reading that after market speakers can tax pin amp...maybe I should just get a couple replacements...one if my speakers crackles so i think it is blown...where can i just get some replacement speakers?...marco?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.