By Phetishboy

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,855 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by AlexSMendes
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 722 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
20171004_202702 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170928_182148 (resized).jpg
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
20170921_212123 (resized).jpg
received_1639955916067061 (resized).jpeg
received_1639955869400399 (resized).jpeg
received_1649993478396638 (resized).jpeg
received_1649993355063317 (resized).jpeg
received_1649999271729392 (resized).jpeg
received_1649999391729380 (resized).jpeg
received_10155749190253841 (resized).jpeg

There are 2855 posts in topic. You are on page 57 of 58.
#2801 3 months ago

Helping out a friend with his JM.
This looks wrong to me, and feels wrong. Shouldn't the flippers be a bit steeper than this?

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2802 3 months ago

Mine line up like the top picture also. Wish there was more stroke on them. I even rebuilt the flippers and I cant seem to get any more out of them either.

2 weeks later
#2803 3 months ago

I'm absolutely loving this game - I guess it will never, ever leave my collection.... Yesterday I played for 2 hours straight, non-stop!!!!

Here's my new mod - Red display mask:

IMG_20170719_185646 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170719_185658 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170719_185652 (resized).jpg

#2804 3 months ago

Here are a few pics of a JM I restored earlier this year for a customer, he was very happy...

82fc15245a026a8284242f0c345e1fcf996ddbe5 (resized).jpg

36945be947bc9fcf9b9c36af76db6c932e55923f (resized).jpg

0faa05b5dff84c20426187936c12665cb9b6b071 (resized).jpg

a604cb75e831a9dfe7350a6f0ba405392daee7d8 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2805 79 days ago

Thinking about alternate cab decals... just don't know what direction I am gonna go. What does everyone think of this? Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 12.51.08 PM (resized).png

#2806 75 days ago

So... what's your best video-mode performance? I don't remember the score, but tonight I was able to miss just 1 little motherf*er to complete phase 2...

#2807 75 days ago
Quoted from puck:

Thinking about alternate cab decals... just don't know what direction I am gonna go. What does everyone think of this?

Not that different from the original... I'd try to pursue a whole different direction...

#2808 75 days ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So... what's your best video-mode performance? I don't remember the score, but tonight I was able to miss just 1 little motherf*er to complete phase 2...

I've definitely got to phase 4 a few times. I actually position one of hands lower on the hand rails and my other hand higher so I know which button goes up or down. High hand for up low hand for down.

I have a different question that I've been meaning to ask. How many times does it take to get to powerdown to replace the 4 factory set scores that come up for cyber punks? I've gotten to powerdown 22 times so it says my intials 22 times and then the other 4 factory scores for a total of 26 scores.

#2809 75 days ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I've definitely got to phase 4 a few times. I actually position one of hands lower on the hand rails and my other hand higher so I know which button goes up or down. High hand for up low hand for down.

And here I stand, thinking I was king of the hill...

#2810 74 days ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Not that different from the original... I'd try to pursue a whole different direction...

I agree, but, the problem with that is that I don't want to drift to far from the playfield.. know what I mean?

2 weeks later
#2811 61 days ago

Does anyone have an extra (or not), JM flyer and would be willing to part way with? I want one for myself!

#2812 59 days ago

Hi guys, I don't own a #johnny-mnemonic but I did an interesting restoration project for a self-playing machine. Not sure I ever posted this on the forum but just in case » YouTube video

Hope you Johnny Mnemonic fans approve

#2814 59 days ago
Quoted from jrcw:

Hi guys, I don't own a Johnny Mnemonic but I did an interesting restoration project for a self-playing machine. Not sure I ever posted this on the forum but just in case » YouTube video
Hope you Johnny Mnemonic fans approve

Why would I want a self-playing pinball machine?

Super-cool!

#2815 59 days ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have an extra (or not), JM flyer and would be willing to part way with? I want one for myself!

Bump!

#2816 59 days ago

Anybody want to leave the club? I want in - never should have left the first time!

#2817 59 days ago

I have one sweet original one in Fl......$2500 firm is what I have in it.

#2818 59 days ago

I have a friend who has one, glove not working, he might be willing to sell in nj. Might get a good deal on it. Other than the glove, nice game overall.

Quoted from Xenon75:
Anybody want to leave the club? I want in - never should have left the first time!

#2819 58 days ago

Anyone knows how to edit the ROM to disable that Video mode which always pops up as the first "award" in Crazy Bob if you have disabled hand?
I have an EEPROM burner and checksum generator, would just like to know if anyone played with JM ROM to that degree or point me in the right direction.

#2820 58 days ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Let me try another approach...
Would someone be kind enough to send me a hi-res scan of the flyer?

#2821 58 days ago

Will this work?

They are pretty big, and found here:

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=pinballdb&id=785&image=1

pasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).png

#2822 58 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Will this work?

Well, thanks!!! I'm far from my computer right now... I'll check it tomorrow!

#2823 58 days ago

I have a different question that I've been meaning to ask. How many times does it take to get to powerdown to replace the 4 factory set scores that come up for cyber punks? I've gotten to powerdown 22 times so it says my intials 22 times and then the other 4 factory scores for a total of 26 scores.

Wave 3 tonight!!!
Powerdown??? Never yet...

#2824 57 days ago

My JM is at a friend's house who went and fixed all the problems it was having.. now I notice he added it to his collection on his list haha, I think we better have the talk!

#2825 57 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

My JM is at a friend's house who went and fixed all the problems it was having.. now I notice he added it to his collection on his list haha, I think we better have the talk!

Hey man, let's be friends!

#2826 57 days ago

I do have his BK2K here..maybe time to update my list as well! Haha

#2827 57 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I do have his BK2K here..maybe time to update my list as well! Haha

Dude, I don't think it's a fair trade... JM is so much more fun!!!!

#2828 57 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Will this work?

Just checked.... unfortunately they ain't got optimum resolution....

#2829 57 days ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, I don't think it's a fair trade... JM is so much more fun!!!!

I agree man...johnny is faakin deadly! Mine needed a bunch of lil shit fixed/tweaked and a fellow pinsider offered to help. We already had his bk2k loaded up for a tourney at a local brew pub and the timing was right for a temporary change!

1 week later
#2830 46 days ago

Any advice for a slow moving hand? I have replaced the x-nut and cleaned and greased the motor. The hand barely has enough time to make it to the right 3 spots on the matrix.

1 week later
#2831 34 days ago

Ive had my JM for a while now and love it but im running into an issue and not sure what to do. So when i get access code 1 left ramp works fine and i get animation, then when i try for the right orbit it does not register. Ive gone into test and it works fine and get points but nothign when im in access code 1, and ive tried with glass off and still nothing. any ideas?

#2832 33 days ago

weird software bug? you tried a factory reset?

#2833 33 days ago
Quoted from Freezepop:

Ive had my JM for a while now and love it but im running into an issue and not sure what to do. So when i get access code 1 left ramp works fine and i get animation, then when i try for the right orbit it does not register. Ive gone into test and it works fine and get points but nothign when im in access code 1, and ive tried with glass off and still nothing. any ideas?

It's probably just the switch. Make sure it triggers in test with a rolling ball and not just your finger.

#2834 32 days ago

May be joining the club soon. What do you guys think.. heres the deal...

Thinking about trading my TMNT plus 300 cash for a Johnny Mnemonic that needs shopped out but runs good.
My TMNT is really nice, BG 10/10 cab 9.5/10 and playfield 9/10 (some small areas of lifting paint under mylar bubbles) LED underlight kit on TMNT too.
Johnny Mnemonic plays good has really nice playfield but is missing the translite and has faded cab.

Adding a few pics for reference.. Good trade? Or pass?

*edit* right glove is functional but is giving the (check switch F5 ball in hand) error.

received_10155749190253841 (resized).jpeg
received_1649999391729380 (resized).jpeg
received_1649999271729392 (resized).jpeg
received_1649993355063317 (resized).jpeg
received_1649993478396638 (resized).jpeg
received_1639955869400399 (resized).jpeg
received_1639955916067061 (resized).jpeg

#2835 32 days ago

Solid trade, but I wouldn't put up a dime on the trade, given the pics I would say that $300 has to go to the TMNT owner. That JM is in need of a lot of work and parts.

#2836 32 days ago

I really don't like that it's missing the proper spinner. JM parts can be a pain to find.

The hand issues can also be a real PITA.

#2837 32 days ago

i like johneey mnemonic. but thats a bad deal

#2838 32 days ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

i like johneey mnemonic. but thats a bad deal

+1

#2839 32 days ago

pass plenty of johnny's out there. hard to find a real nice TMNT.

i have an extra Johnny mnemonic translite is someone is in need.

#2840 32 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

right glove is functional but is giving the (check switch F5 ball in hand) error.

New Johnny owner here....can someone enlighten me on this fail/message. I get the same message but hand seems to work correctly...although being a new owner....not sure. Thought after playing it for a while I would do the hand maintenance thing and see if I could fix it. Any help? Thanks.

#2841 32 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-jm-glove-problem

Might help!

Quoted from gcmess:

New Johnny owner here....can someone enlighten me on this fail/message. I get the same message but hand seems to work correctly...although being a new owner....not sure. Thought after playing it for a while I would do the hand maintenance thing and see if I could fix it. Any help? Thanks.

#2842 31 days ago

The switch could be broken, need adjusting or be completely removed. All of these things would give that error but the glove would still work. Just need to first see if it's even there then test it.

#2843 31 days ago

My switch was cracked. Soldered it together. That seemed to help mine.

#2844 31 days ago

The switch could be broken, need adjusting or be completely removed. All of these things would give that error but the glove would still work. Just need to first see if it's even there then test it.

Ok...got it. Sounds like a little down time to check the switch. At the risk of sounding even dumber....what is the credit dot I see mentioned all over the place?

#2845 30 days ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Ok...got it. Sounds like a little down time to check the switch. At the risk of sounding even dumber....what is the credit dot I see mentioned all over the place?

A credit dot is a little period/decimal/dot on William Bally games that appears after the words "Free Play." (Or the cost of a game of it's not set to free play) when a game is on attract mode. It was implemented to discreetly let operates known if there's an issue (error) with the game. So when you turn your game on it mentions there's an error and has that dot in attract mode. Fix the error and the dot and the start up error goes away.

#2846 30 days ago

A credit dot is a little period/decimal/dot on William Bally games that appears after the words "Free Play." (Or the cost of a game of it's not set to free play) when a game is on attract mode. It was implemented to discreetly let operates known if there's an issue (error) with the game. So when you turn your game on it mentions there's an error and has that dot in attract mode. Fix the error and the dot and the start up error goes away.

Ok....thanks for the explanation. And thanks for the help with my hand switch fail. So...after pulling the glove off I found the wires cut off the switch and a solder lug was broken of one of the leafs (?) of the switch. Looking around the web I discovered they are hard to find and somewhat expensive (my opinion). So....drilled out the rivets, pulled the switch apart, and laid a solder lug on top of the part that was broken. I used two small strap ties to pull it all together and put it back in. Fixed one fail and then I had hand switch closed! So had to bend the edges of the square paddle thing so it wouldn't rub and stick to the side of the magnet. As of now....all good. What a screwy mechanism....can't wait until I have to pull the whole thing apart and rebuild it. Until then...we'll just play!

#2847 27 days ago

Does someone know why JM's spinner makes no sound at all?

#2848 26 days ago

New member of the club here too I have a tech thread going for a glove issue mine has since purchase (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-glove-wire) here's a pic of the machine too. Even with the glove not working we're loving it!

20170921_212123 (resized).jpg

#2849 26 days ago
Quoted from benman:

New member of the club here too I have a tech thread going for a glove issue mine has since purchase (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-glove-wire) here's a pic of the machine too. Even with the glove not working we're loving it!

The NO FEAR speaker panel is an interesting touch!

#2850 26 days ago

lol yeah, the other one is pretty gunked up and scratched. I'll replace it in the near future. First thing I want to tackle is the glove.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 15.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 2855 posts in topic. You are on page 57 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.