20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 89.
#2701 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

It was still early when I was checking out pinside on my phone. I meant to upvote!

#2702 7 years ago

Anyone who can clearify how the Shooting Spear award reset. At start of ball or even during game.

It seems very odd to me. Where sometime only some of them reset. Gigabyte remaining fully lit.

Thanks.

#2703 7 years ago

Anyone know where to get the little diverter that may or may not be actually part of the game that makes the balls go towards the pop bumbers from the matrix in metal?
I thought It was part of the Cliffy 5 piece set he sells but it's actually a protector for the corner up there.
Below is a picture of the plastic version From mezel

IMG_8877 (resized).JPGIMG_8877 (resized).JPG

#2704 7 years ago

The factory one was metal. Not sure if anyone makes a metal one after market.

Quoted from phillymadison:

Anyone know where to get the little diverter that may or may not be actually part of the game that makes the balls go towards the pop bumbers from the matrix in metal?
I thought It was part of the Cliffy 5 piece set he sells but it's actually a protector for the corner up there.
Below is a picture of the plastic version From mezel

#2705 7 years ago

Planning to get cliffys for JM. Not looking forward installing any cliffy available (5 available), I am fine with protecting just the really delicate spots. Which one you think are really needed for JM?

#2706 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Planning to get cliffys for JM. Not looking forward installing any cliffy available (5 available), I am fine with protecting just the really delicate spots. Which one you think are really needed for JM?

I just installed the 5 a few days ago. Personally it wasn't hard at all to do. 3 of them are on the ramps which take no time at all to install.

The shooter lane protector isnt to hard to do either. Take the apron off unscrew 3 or 4 screws and put it in.

The most time consuming one is the the Crazy Bob hole protector but again isn't terrible to install.

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I just installed the 5 a few days ago. Personally it wasn't hard at all to do. 3 of them are on the ramps which take no time at all to install.
The shooter lane protector isnt to hard to do either. Take the apron off unscrew 3 or 4 screws and put it in.
The most time consuming one is the the Crazy Bob hole protector but again isn't terrible to install.

Ehich one do you think are the part that need the protection most? I am tight on budget and cannot afford the whole lot.

#2708 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Ehich one do you think are the part that need the protection most? I am tight on budget and cannot afford the whole lot.

Really hard to say cause the ramps take a beating cause they're just plastic, Crazy Bob hole is used a ton for getting locks and modes and every ball that's played goes into the shooter lane. Not to mention if you have any damage these will cleanly cover it up and then protect.

If I had to not get one piece I would have to pick the little corner protector that goes near the matrix. Not all the balls will be in the first row every game so it's definitely the least used of all of them but it's also probably the cheapest one and the smallest.

Me personally I waited almost a year to order the Cliffy's for JM. When I had some extra funds and nothing else was high on my want list I pulled the trigger and bought them. My JM is at my house and I'm really the only one that plays it (guest and kids don't know the secrets to how good this game is lol) so nothing got too damaged in that year. If I put it on route it would be a different story and they would have been a higher priority.

#2709 7 years ago

Protect the ramps. If they break it's 250 plus decals which I'm not making again everything else is covered with the cliffy

#2710 7 years ago

One thing I did to my ramp cliffy's is belt sanded down the front edge to an angle. So as the ball enters the ramp it has a smooth transition from the ramp to the cliffy.

#2711 7 years ago

Yes. One thing is both ramps have a Cliffy now

#2712 7 years ago

Cliffy's pictures. These are the areas I belt sanded down at very sharp angles for smoother flow of the ball.
IMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPG

#2713 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Cliffy's pictures. These are the areas I belt sanded down at very sharp angles for smoother flow of the ball.

That last pic features my white decals very nicely. Since I have the proto right ramp cliffy and have the sharpest right cliffy.... Ha

#2714 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Protect the ramps. If they break it's 250 plus decals which I'm not making again everything else is covered with the cliffy

What you mean "is covered with the cliffy"? So are you saying that especially ramps need protection, or also other areas?

#2715 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What you mean "is covered with the cliffy"? So are you saying that especially ramps need protection, or also other areas?

I meant if you protect anything protect the ramps. They are the hardest to fix. All other points of wear (or or less) are covered with a cliffy if needs be. SO it can wear a little more before you buy the full kit.

1 week later
#2716 7 years ago

K, first test Sector 7 plastics are done. If you need one PM me. There are no charge for these, but please only if you need one. You all can thank Freddy for putting a fire under my feet to get these done and jesperpark for his help. I only have three FYI.

#2717 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

K, first test Sector 7 plastics are done. If you need one PM me. There are no charge for these, but please only if you need one. You all can thank Freddy for putting a fire under my feet to get these done and jesperpark for his help. I only have three FYI.

huh.... I'm away from my machine.... what plastic is the sector 7 one?

#2718 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Pm sent

#2719 7 years ago

And they are gone. Thanks everyone!

#2720 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

K, first test Sector 7 plastics are done

Pics?

#2721 7 years ago

Very first dremel test. Yuck. Very first dremel test. Yuck.
Very first dremel test. Yuck. Humble starts...
Perfect fit. Perfect fit.
Perfect fit.
Color tests. Before color matching on the right.
Pre application (before the white diffuser layer is properly applied) color accurate sample on the left.  Color tests. Before color matching on the right. Pre application (before the white diffuser layer is properly applied) color accurate sample on the left.
Color tests. Before color matching on the right.
Pre application (before the white diffuser layer is properly applied) color accurate sample on the left.
IMG_8485 (resized).jpgIMG_8485 (resized).jpg
Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways. Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways. Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways. Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways.
Pantone matching...as close as possible anyways.

For a amateur DIY project, really impressed with how they turned out.

#2722 7 years ago

First BetaIMG_8526 (resized).JPGIMG_8526 (resized).JPG

#2723 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh.... I'm away from my machine.... what plastic is the sector 7 one?

It's that one ☝

#2724 7 years ago

Looks decent!

#2725 7 years ago

Hi all. I joined the club recently. Never played before purchasing and I'm really enjoying it. Fast and challenging. Played about 30 games and now here's my problem.
1st ball ended and start of 2nd ball the ball doesn't come out of trough. I wait to see if it does a a ball search and nothing. Turn game off on on and get test report. Says check switch f5 ball in hand. I checked the manual and there is no switch f5. Does it literally mean ball in hand? Like it's registering that there is in there? I manually plunged the ball and when it entered the scoop under the hand it just sat there.

Any suggestions/thoughts? Thought I'd ask the experienced before tearing into it.

Thanks

#2726 7 years ago

There is a switch inside the hand. Put your finger in the center of the glove where the ball goes and you'll feel it. Put the game in switch test mode, use a ball and put it in the glove. Does the switch register?

#2727 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a switch inside the hand. Put your finger in the center of the glove where the ball goes and you'll feel it. Put the game in switch test mode, use a ball and put it in the glove. Does the switch register?

Probably really dumb question but I don't see switch test mode. There's a t16 hand test in the tests menu that fails. Thanks for the help

#2728 7 years ago

I also tried disabling the glove in the menu and starting a game. The ball still doesn't come out of the trough. And manually placing a ball in the shooter lane doesn't do anything either.

#2729 7 years ago

Menu then tests then switch test. Press switch inside the hand to see if it registers. Forget the other stuff you tried for now. Basically, if that switch is closed, the game thinks there is a ball in the hand. It won't start a new game if the corrext number of balls in the trough arent acounted for.

#2730 7 years ago

Hi guys,

I'd really appreciate some help with a cyberglove issue I am having at the moment. The glove is shaking when moving forward and back and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I've posted another thread about the issue here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-shaky-hand

Any help is appreciated!

#2731 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys,
I'd really appreciate some help with a cyberglove issue I am having at the moment. The glove is shaking when moving forward and back and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I've posted another thread about the issue here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-shaky-hand
Any help is appreciated!

The drive shaft looks as if it has a wobble to it? This could be caused by either the shaft is warped(I know you checked with a ruler but maybe its not noticeable by the naked eye) or the upper rod has to much friction between the nylon bushing and the rod which would cause the motor to work harder. Maybe try some dry silicone spray or something on that upper rod?

#2732 7 years ago

Does anyone have any images of the wiring for the hand magnet? I am struggling to find a way to mount it so that it does not short and blow the fuse. I've read the service bulletin, but it isn't very clear about how the wires should actually be attached.

Also, has anyone moved the hand magnet power circuit from F104 to F103 as described in service bulletin 87?

#2733 7 years ago

Fired up JM only to find that my hand just stopped working. All switches work great, factory reset same issue. Nothing obviously wrong.... It's like it's just not getting power. Gonna try some wire tests.. If anyone else has had this problem before let me know what fixed it for you. Thanks!

#2734 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Fired up JM only to find that my hand just stopped working. All switches work great, factory reset same issue. Nothing obviously wrong.... It's like it's just not getting power. Gonna try some wire tests.. If anyone else has had this problem before let me know what fixed it for you. Thanks!

check the connectors under the playfield, they come off their support brackets and come apart.

#2735 7 years ago

Shoutout to NinjabooT for helping me trouble shoot the problem on my Johnny. All's good now! Just took a "Long distance phone call"

#2736 7 years ago

Funky, intermittent issue with the right flipper. Flipper flips, just doesn't register for lane change or during video mode. Issue comes up for a couple of games/players then isn't there for a while. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

#2737 7 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

Funky, intermittent issue with the right flipper. Flipper flips, just doesn't register for lane change or during video mode. Issue comes up for a couple of games/players then isn't there for a while. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

Is it just one side that is intermittent or both? Try cleaning the optos on the flipper buttons.

#2738 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Is it just one side that is intermittent or both? Try cleaning the optos on the flipper buttons.

NinJaBooT good call

#2739 7 years ago

Question about power down! So iv gotten it quit a few times but I'm just concerned with keeping balls alive (even though they reboot) so I can't really tell but every time you hit a shot does it keep that sector lite for a little more time or is it all just timed the same and you get as many shots as you can in that set time. Hope this makes sense

#2740 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Question about power down! So iv gotten it quit a few times but I'm just concerned with keeping balls alive (even though they reboot) so I can't really tell but every time you hit a shot does it keep that sector lite for a little more time or is it all just timed the same and you get as many shots as you can in that set time. Hope this makes sense

Pretty sure every time you make a shot in a sector it resets the timer on that sector

#2741 7 years ago

Shout out to Dirkdiggler for his spot in the club! What a game! Lots of flow and accurate shots! Was intimidating to pick this game up but I am quickly loving it!

#2742 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Shout out to Dirkdiggler for his spot in the club! What a game! Lots of flow and accurate shots! Was intimidating to pick this game up but I am quickly loving it!

Dibs buying it back when it kicks your ass too much

#2743 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

pics or it didn't happen

#2744 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

pics or it didn't happen

Here's the last i have. Don't know what it looks like at Ds.

Why the downvote D? You know it's going to.

20170310_200912 (resized).jpg20170310_200912 (resized).jpg

20170222_231433 (resized).jpg20170222_231433 (resized).jpg

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

pics or it didn't happen

I'll show u pics of mine...if you show me a pic of your translite!

#2746 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'll show u pics of mine...if you show me a pic of your translite!

Bahahhahah! It's trash. It's like a Beta 1.0 translite NinjaBoot and I toss around the idea of doing alt cab decals and alt translite, but it never materialized as we both got busy, he is doing these amazing magnet mods now and if you have yet to check them out you should.

alt translitealt translite

Here it is in all it's crappy photoshop mess.

#2747 7 years ago

Noice! I was reading this thread & just messing with ya! That pic does look way better tho! Where do I find these magnet mods?! I plan on a few spotlights and led strips.. a good cleaning and installing the pf protector before any pic's! Maybe a color dmd at yegpin!!

#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Noice! I was reading this thread & just messing with ya! That pic does look way better tho! Where do I find these magnet mods?! I plan on a few spotlights and led strips.. a good cleaning and installing the pf protector before any pic's! Maybe a color dmd at yegpin!!

Sick, my JM will be there for you to play. Feel free to post a pic of the translite, maybe I'll have to finish that project. Here is the thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-mod he has a JM as well, can't wait to see a magnet for JM

#2749 7 years ago

so much good to draw from...
Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 8.05.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2015-06-11 at 8.05.17 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 9.22.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2015-06-11 at 9.22.50 PM (resized).png

#2750 7 years ago

Puck,
got the sector seven plastic today great work thanks again freddy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.