20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 89.
#2651 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Hey guys, I've been putting off re-doing the cabinet art/decals on my JM for years but this winter is looking like it'll be the one that I can get it done.
Here are a couple examples of the design I'm looking for from earlier in this thread. (see pics)
I don't have the decals yet but have seen them on games and think they're a great mod. If anybody has a set they aren't gonna use, or can steer me towards a source for high quality ones, please send me a PM. Thanks.

That looks like that's my JM. I don't know but GAP pinball may be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

#2652 7 years ago

OK kids. Doing THE LAST AND FINAL (no Stern surprises upping the numbers ) run of the alt translite. Putting the order in Friday BLACK METAL FRIDAY (

) they'll be $65 shipped in the US. Last chance y'all......

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

OK kids. Doing THE LAST AND FINAL (no Stern surprises upping the numbers ) run of the alt translite. Putting the order in Friday BLACK METAL FRIDAY ( » YouTube video ) they'll be $65 shipped in the US. Last chance y'all......

do you have a pic of the alt translite?

#2654 7 years ago

I'll send you a link as soon as I can but a few people have posted pictures of theirs very recently

#2656 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I'll send you a link as soon as I can but a few people have posted pictures of theirs very recently

Lotsa pics in this very thread...

#2657 7 years ago

Order goes out tomorrow at 23:59. let me know if anyone else wants on the last train to crazy town..... I can send a pic if you want something more.

#2658 7 years ago

Put me down for one

#2659 7 years ago

13 hrs. Let me know if youre on.

#2660 7 years ago

Last call y'all

1 week later
#2661 7 years ago

I am trying to work on my speakers. I want to replace the cap that is on the right backbox speaker. Anyone know what value that is? I can't make mine out and I can't find it in the manual. Maybe I am missing it.

#2662 7 years ago

Here's mine. Looks like 10uF , 50V

IMG_5376.JPGIMG_5376.JPG

#2663 7 years ago

I picked up a JM in a trade recently and I have developed a small issue with the glove. It tests perfect when the game is turned on. It moves in every direction. But when I go to put a ball in the grid the glove will not move backward. When I push the blue button it looks like the motor starts to turn but won't. Anyone on here have any ideas.

#2664 7 years ago

Problem solved. A wire was loose and blocking the switch for the blue button from closing

#2665 7 years ago

I've finally joined the club, this beauty was delivered today. I had never purchased a game out of state and had it shipped until this one. I purchased from Rob (Gwaxt72) over at Rockland Pinball In NY and he was fantastic through the entire process. I can't wait to get a few good games on it now!

20161214_220034 (resized).jpg20161214_220034 (resized).jpg

20161214_194218 (resized).jpg20161214_194218 (resized).jpg

20161214_202836 (resized).jpg20161214_202836 (resized).jpg

#2666 7 years ago

Finally got my side blade art in. Now thinking of going all yellow on the rubbers IMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG

#2667 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Finally got my side blade art in. Now thinking of going all yellow on the rubbers

Nice. Like those black rails too

#2668 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday
Not sure about the LED's though

86dafc5f5a2fd61f9d4aca5e27867bd9e2756795 (resized).jpg86dafc5f5a2fd61f9d4aca5e27867bd9e2756795 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2669 7 years ago

Playfeild is so smooth! Now with 100% more LCD IMG_7291 (resized).JPGIMG_7291 (resized).JPG

#2670 7 years ago

Played my Johnny Mnemonic last night for the first time in a while. Man, what a great game. Don't see how I could ever get rid of it based on what they typically go for. I added some extra lighting. Especially like the blue LED strip above the hands in back.

JM-full-playfield (resized).jpgJM-full-playfield (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2671 7 years ago

Started changing the rubbers over to yellow Titan competition silicone on a suggestion from my wife. It goes well with the yellow accents on the playfield itself. Almost done and then see how it plays. Kudos to Titan Pinball for their customer service - I messed up the 1st order and they fixed me right up. Can't wait to do the wife's Baywatch in red when they get flipper rubber back in stock again.IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

#2672 7 years ago

Question - how are the rest of you JM owners doing this area with rubbers. Mine had just one on it but that one post made me think there might be something that originally goes to it - then I found this picture below that has a black ring going to it. And then mine without the ring in yellow.

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPG

#2673 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Question - how are the rest of you JM owners doing this area with rubbers. Mine had just one on it but that one post made me think there might be something that originally goes to it - then I found this picture below that has a black ring going to it. And then mine without the ring in yellow.

PinRob I got it with only one rubber as well, hope this helps. Do you think that the additional rubber adds anything?

KIMG0607 (resized).jpgKIMG0607 (resized).jpg

#2674 7 years ago

Single rubber on my JM PinRob

#2675 7 years ago

Novocaine special:

#2676 7 years ago

Any of you guys that put on new decals. What did you have to do. Did you strip old ones/paint/ new ones? What process did you do? And did you do wet or dry? Also where did you buy yours?
Thanks for the help

#2677 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Any of you guys that put on new decals. What did you have to do. Did you strip old ones/paint/ new ones? What process did you do? And did you do wet or dry? Also where did you buy yours?
Thanks for the help

I got really lucky with the old ones soaking them in water and then just re-applying to the new ramps. I was all lined up to get new ones from agodfree so you might want to pm him if yours are bad. That said he might be sold out.

#2678 7 years ago

Yeah. Those are long gone. I think I sold them all last fall. Maybe later.

If I had enough interest I'd do them again but they were a tough sell the first time around. Tried to do another run of the DMD covers and that didn't take root either. Such an amazing game......So beautiful when cleaned up and singing.

I have one extra of everything I made that goes with the machine when (gasp) I sell it. It'll be a sad day but got to move it on some day....

#2679 7 years ago

Thanks for the help

I think he is talkin cabinet decals?

#2680 7 years ago

wet method

#2681 7 years ago

dry method

#2682 7 years ago

Yeah I probably should have been more clear. I was talking about the cab!

#2683 7 years ago

One more question. And this may sound stupid. I only own sega and stern games. Any way some one could be so kind to walk me through the test modes. I'm going to look at the pin tomorrow and want to check switch test etc and want to make sure I run them correctly on a williams! Thanks

#2684 7 years ago

Yeah I probably should have been more clear. I was talking about the cab!

Sorry!
Did you strip old ones/paint/ new ones?
What process did you do?
- Right down to the wood. Three step sanding process. Filled all holes, Sanded again.
- Painted matte black

And did you do wet or dry?
- I'll be installing dry.

Also where did you buy yours?
- Made them in my basement. I'll post some photos after I have them laminated.

#2685 7 years ago

About a year and a half ago I posted about the pinbits plastic protector set and a piece I wasn't sure where it went.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/36#post-2551686

Just wanted to post this again for those who might be getting it now or down the road. I posted a pic about a year ago, but incase you missed it here is that pic. And then a new one from more recently. Hopefully it's helpful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/45#post-2920675

IMG_20170114_124609 (resized).jpgIMG_20170114_124609 (resized).jpg

#2686 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

About a year and a half ago I posted about the pinbits plastic protector set and a piece I wasn't sure where it went.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/36#post-2551686
Just wanted to post this again for those who might be getting it now or down the road. I posted a pic about a year ago, but incase you missed it here is that pic. And then a new one from more recently. Hopefully it's helpful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/45#post-2920675

Nice I need one. Also, you should replace your crazy bob's sign with an LCD

#2687 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Nice I need one. Also, you should replace your crazy bob's sign with an LCD

Agreed. Willing to share a little info about what you did?

#2688 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Agreed. Willing to share a little info about what you did?

PM'ed if there is anyone else interested in contributing we can start a new thread.

#2689 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

PM'ed if there is anyone else interested in contributing we can start a new thread.

Now I'm curious

#2690 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Just got a message from bstyles who worked with PinBits on the JM protector set.

This is what he said about the mystery plastic protector. "LOL. That piece doesn't go to JM. It actually goes to Playboy (Stern 2002). I templated both titles for Pinbits. Martin must have mis-cataloged this piece to the wrong title. Guess that means a lot of Playboy owners without a piece and a bunch of JM owners scratching their heads as to where the piece goes."

The piece belongs to Playboy and goes just below the VUK on the right side of the playfield. I'd include a picture, but Pinside doesn't allow attachments in PMs.IMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPG

This is where it goes on Stern Playboy 2002IMG_0030 (resized).PNGIMG_0030 (resized).PNG

#2691 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I'll take a PM or a new thread when you get a chance please

#2692 7 years ago

This is the plastic in my game

IMG_2809 (resized).JPGIMG_2809 (resized).JPG

#2693 7 years ago

they should include it....it fits so well!!!! mind blown.

Quoted from PinRob:

Just got a message from bstyles who worked with PinBits on the JM protector set.
This is what he said about the mystery plastic protector. "LOL. That piece doesn't go to JM. It actually goes to Playboy (Stern 2002). I templated both titles for Pinbits. Martin must have mis-cataloged this piece to the wrong title. Guess that means a lot of Playboy owners without a piece and a bunch of JM owners scratching their heads as to where the piece goes."
The piece belongs to Playboy and goes just below the VUK on the right side of the playfield. I'd include a picture, but Pinside doesn't allow attachments in PMs.
This is where it goes on Stern Playboy 2002

#2694 7 years ago

Joined the club today!!!!!! Has cointakers but can't wait to put my own lighting touch and some spots!

IMG_0839 (resized).JPGIMG_0839 (resized).JPG

#2695 7 years ago

Looks good Hollywood! Two underrated machines there

#2696 7 years ago

IMG_20170127_184221 (resized).jpgIMG_20170127_184221 (resized).jpg

#2698 7 years ago

Anyone interested in an absolutely beautiful and complete new set of repro plastics just PM me. I can also part ways with 2 sets of ramp decals and a blue speaker panel made by agodfrey!

IMG_20161022_215034 (resized).jpgIMG_20161022_215034 (resized).jpg

#2699 7 years ago

Why the downvote ninjaboot?

#2700 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Why the downvote ninjaboot?

It was still early when I was checking out pinside on my phone. I meant to upvote!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.